Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2012 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*Aired 30 mins. late

The guy who can always sense the youkai met Ishida-san's character, who told him to leave. then meeting nyanko-sensei later. He stole the youkai's cloths to get in.

Natsume among the group of youkai who are drinking.

He got Natsume out (he created the chance for the owner of the bottle opened) and Ishida-san's character saved them. lol~ nyanko-sensei came as a human girl (Reiko)!

How to escape... The head of the house is eating the wondering youkais to regain power.

Natsume and Ishida-san's character go escape together while Nyanko-sensei and his friend go. Friend got attacked. Natsume blaming himself for involving him into youkai world.

Ishida-san's character and Natsume fought together, and caught the youkai. He thanked his human friend, who confronted his fear and uncertainty to Natsume.

About old female exorcist next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 13, 2012 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
It nice to see that Tanuma understands why Natsume doesn't want to get him involved but I'm not sure how Natsume will deal it. He looks like he really wants to abandon the world of youkai.

On another note, it seems like Natsume won't have to explain his "delicious" comment to Sasada. Although, I hope that there is at least some mention of it in the future.

Also, we are mid-way through the season and the total number of episodes still doesn't show up. It is possible that they are planning on 13+ episodes?
ClementIVFeb 13, 2012 11:43 AM
Feb 13, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
The last scene was really cute, I almost cried.
I really like Natsume and Tanuma's friendship, he does understand Natsume very well.
Feb 13, 2012 11:41 AM

Jul 2009
So it was Natori after all, the voice made it that supicious last episode already <3
He was so kind in this episode.

how Natsume threw himself over Tanuma, kakkoii~ ♥

Tanuma's and Natsuma's bromance is so adorable, it drives me nuts.
The last scene was so sweet and beautiful.

I loved Natsume's evil stare at Natori when he was getting into his 'actor'-mode again haha. And Natori's comment on the female Nyanko + the reaction...fantastic :D

Loved it like every other episode. This series has never disappointed me even once! C:
Next one looks interesting as well.
[.center] [./center]
Feb 13, 2012 12:28 PM
Oct 2008
Ha, I kind of suspected the paperbag youkai to be Natori :D

Episode full of implied BL: see the part where Natori divides the team up when Natsume and Tanumi got too friendly: Natori paired up with Natsume, while Tanuma had to search the mansion with Nyanko-sensei.

Next episode is about Nanase-san, maybe we would see a glimpse of Matoba as well.
Feb 13, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2011
I really love their bromance, but crazy Natsume/Tanuma shippers must be going insane right now. XD
Feb 13, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
Another great episode as always...really looking forward to the next one where they show a bit of that old woman Nanase's past. ...As soon as I saw the preview, a part of me wanted to instantly ship her with someone =3
Feb 13, 2012 1:18 PM
Oct 2008
REIKOOO! Great episode, this series is awesome
Feb 13, 2012 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
Katsura's back! <3

Beautiful episode. Loved it so much. Tanuma is so kind for helping Natsume, but Natsume's feelings are still not settled about his relations between youkai and humans.

Next episode looks interesting.. That lady's past I guess, forgot her name but she's from that family of exorcists.

5/5
Feb 13, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
EdenBaggins said:
I really love their bromance, but crazy Natsume/Tanuma shippers must be going insane right now. XD

You can count me among those hahaha ♥
[.center] [./center]
Feb 13, 2012 2:50 PM
Apr 2011
Oh Natsume
Feb 13, 2012 3:06 PM
Dec 2007
Sensei emulates Reiko's attitude and looks much better than Natsume's, he should transform into her from time to time ;) Apart from that, fantastic episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 13, 2012 3:14 PM

Feb 2011
Wish I had an awesome friend like Tanuma. Bros4Life.
Feb 13, 2012 3:55 PM

May 2009
Aaahh, this was lovely. ♥

I remember reading this months ago and turning into a hopeless Natori fan girl - not just because of his fabulous self and the sparkles that show up when he's around, but because he truly cares for Natsume. That conversation he had with Natsume telling him to hold on to those feelings and love that Natori himself had abandoned was just so touching. He clearly still abhors youkai and their deceptive ways and in spite of him telling Natsume to stop trusting youkai so much, Natori admires Natsume's strength.

Okay, enough Natori fangirling. Tanuma is such a bro. He's wonderful. And Nyanko-Sensei is love. There wasn't much bickering with Natori this time, too bad. XD

Also, ugh at everyone giving this show a BL spin. Just ugh.
Feb 13, 2012 4:55 PM

Nov 2008
Awesome episode!!!

Every time I see Natori and Natsume together...I really can't help but see them as father and son....don't know why....
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 13, 2012 5:00 PM
Oct 2011
What a fantastic episode. Tanuma finally got a true taste of the youkai world, and what he saw was freakin' scary! What a crazy second youkai adventure... Tanuma was so brave to go and rescue Natsume like that. So awesome!
Feb 13, 2012 5:01 PM

Jul 2011
The bromance. XD (When Natsume covered Tanuma X3)

And I love Nyanko-sensei. <3

Imagine Natsume with sensei in Reiko form in his room and Tohko-san walks in. :D

Love this anime. <3
MirorinFeb 13, 2012 5:04 PM
Feb 13, 2012 5:59 PM

Dec 2010
I was hoping to see Nyanko-Sensei shapeshift into a girl again. They should do that more often.
Feb 13, 2012 6:06 PM

Feb 2008
this show needs more females....
Feb 13, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2011
kisami said:

true but thats not the focus of this show.
Another great episode it showed the darker side of youkai to Tanuma who wants to know more about them.
Feb 13, 2012 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
You know after all these seasons, I just realized that shape shift is Reiko's body!
Oh my Gawd.
Feb 13, 2012 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
Kurogashi said:
You know after all these seasons, I just realized that shape shift is Reiko's body!
Oh my Gawd.

You're not the only one... OTL

SephiriAzure said:
Awesome episode!!!

Every time I see Natori and Natsume together...I really can't help but see them as father and son....don't know why....

WOW. WUT?! XD Who's the father and who's the son?
I prefer bromance. They're relationship is really.... mmnnngggh *¬*
Really prefer this more than a character who keeps trying to help and winds up causing more trouble. Always hated that. But Tanuma does it juuust right ;D
Feb 13, 2012 8:56 PM

Apr 2008
Poor Tanuma, he finally sees youkai clearly and it's brutal with all the blood flying around O__o Natori and his sparkles are back lol

you know this was a bloody episode when even Mirai Nikki's latest episode had less blood. Poor youkai D:
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Feb 13, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2011
Think the character interaction was pretty brilliant which made for a really enjoyable episode but I'm also a little disappointed in how easily the boss youkai was beat. Was a bit anticlimactic.

Hope Natsume is able to really walk the path between the worlds of man and youkai and not give up either. He has those on both sides he cares about, after all, and both are important.
Feb 14, 2012 1:43 AM

May 2010
Natori's back, it's been a while I miss that guy !!
Feb 14, 2012 5:50 AM

Apr 2010
Tanuma x Natsume ♥
Lol sparkling Natori is back :D
Feb 14, 2012 10:30 AM

Jan 2012
As always it was such a good episode ;p Tanuma and Natori are so nice too ^^
Feb 14, 2012 12:26 PM
Nov 2008
kisami said:

Yeah I wish this "arc" used one of the females... Not neccessarily for the romance either. Just to lower the bromance levels a bit, because it's getting a bit out of hand. I'm sure yaoi lover fangirls have a great time squealing over it but it makes the whole matter a bit unbelievable. Even the author acknowledged that she doesn't understand male friendship and it really stands out...

Also Natori's minimalistic paperbag mask was funny as hell :). Especially when he was rubbing his chins while speaking.
MalestelFeb 14, 2012 12:30 PM
Feb 14, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2010
I really like how this hilighted the good friendship Natsume and Tanuma and it made my heart ach to see how scared natsume got when Tanuma collapsed. I also laughed my head off when nyanko-sensi threatened to eat any youki that didn't leave while still in Rekoish human form. Now that i think of it, neither Tanuma nor Natori know about Reko
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Feb 14, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
I knew it! The girl Sensei transforms into is Reiko look alike I wasn't sure but now that he said... and that paper bag youkai is Natori. Too bad Tanuma missed all the fun part. This season is much better than the previous one.
Feb 14, 2012 4:20 PM

Apr 2011
Seeing Reiko even if it was only Sensei shapeshifting was very refreshing. And I agree with those people saying that at least there should be presence of girls since their lines really felt awkward. Wouldn't be shocking though if this anime was meant to cater female audience but then, I'd be sorely disappointed.
Feb 14, 2012 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
Another brilliant episode!

No Taki! But Reiko made up for it! But I really wanted to see how Natsume would've acted meeting Sasada again! Poor Sasada. I felt bad for her in last episode T_T

Tanuma is such a bro, yeah, I am saying that again, just like I did after watching the previous episode. :)

fishergirl16 said:
Katsura's back! <3

5/5

Yep, Zura ja nai, Natori da! Also, his sparkles make a fantabulous return! Good to see Hiiragi again too! Natori gives Natsume some big bro advice. This show is full of awesome bros.

Next episode will focus on Young Nanase. Natsume flashback episodes always turn out to be nothing short of amazing.

5th season announcing when?
shanimebibFeb 14, 2012 11:06 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 15, 2012 3:33 AM

Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
5th season announcing when?

^This.

I don't want Natsume's anime to end never!! This is one of my favourite animes by far.
Feb 15, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2011
I just thought last week that the episode 6 was one of the best episodes so far, but this episode was even better!
Natsume and Tanuma's bromance was just something über adorable, I love that their friendship is getting closer! It was so heart-breaking how much Natsume was worried about Tanuma getting hurt and how Tanuma was worried him being a nuisance fo Natsume...
But the great Natori is back again! Him being in this episode really made it perfect!

I really love this series, I really do ~♥
Feb 15, 2012 9:06 AM

Jun 2011
kisami said:

feel the same
Feb 15, 2012 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
Quite a lot of ground was covered in this ep - I liked the pacing.

Tanuma will help Natsume out from now on, but really, he had enough grounds to keep away.

kisami said:

Why?
Personally, I think this series, as it does a great job of portraying a loner (who just happens to be male) opening up to others for the first time at a pace that is perfectly believable.
We have females, but unlike media in general, gender (at this moment?) isn't an issue, and if the lack of romance is an issue, ideally; romance is widespread, but realistically, it wouldn't be wise for a withdrawn child to venture into relationship.
IMO, the authors approach very sensible.

Feb 15, 2012 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
Kurogashi said:
Oh my Gawd.

I see the similarities but, Reiko's hair isn't that red, or as spiky in the front and the uniform is different. I think it's just that Nyanko-Sensei was too lazy and isn't that creative so he went with whatever was closest. I think the red hair really matches him though ^_^ But there was a hint! Before I thought he just knew Reiko, but he said that the most contact he's had with humans is Takashi and Reiko... so does that mean he was buddy-buddy with Reiko too? Or did he just bother her?

Queen_Stars said:
Quite a lot of ground was covered in this ep - I liked the pacing.

Tanuma will help Natsume out from now on, but really, he had enough grounds to keep away.

kisami said:

Why?
Personally, I think this series, as it does a great job of portraying a loner (who just happens to be male) opening up to others for the first time at a pace that is perfectly believable.
We have females, but unlike media in general, gender (at this moment?) isn't an issue, and if the lack of romance is an issue, ideally; romance is widespread, but realistically, it wouldn't be wise for a withdrawn child to venture into relationship.
IMO, the authors approach very sensible.

And now that you say that, it makes sense. I didn't think of that before! No wonder there's so little romance. But the BL lovers must be oozing over Tanuma and Takashi right now!

(First time in a forum! Woot-woot~)
Feb 15, 2012 8:43 PM

Jan 2012
Tanuma is awesome, very touching scene there at the end between him and Natsume. Interesting that Sensei's human forms always look like Natsume or Reiko. I'm sure he'd deny that had anything to do with him caring about them.

Always fun to see Natori and Hiiragi again. Another great episode.
Feb 15, 2012 10:01 PM

Jun 2008
lol Natori-san. You can hide your face, but you can't hide Ishida-san's voice :D

P.S. Will people ever stop whining about lack of females/romance in this anime? I love romance and I honestly do NOT see any room for it in Natsume Yuujinchou. This isn't Gintama where all existing genres unite. Argh.
TakaiFeb 15, 2012 10:04 PM
Feb 15, 2012 10:02 PM

Jun 2008
kapanihan said:
Kurogashi said:
Oh my Gawd.

You're not the only one... OTL

Glad I'm not the only one LOL But now that it's "official", it's kinda stupidly obvious XD
Feb 16, 2012 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
I have to admit I almost cried during the last scenes. I'm so happy for Natsume.
Feb 16, 2012 10:57 AM

Aug 2008
lol I knew it was Natori with that frivolous-sounding voice of his. :D
Feb 16, 2012 11:53 AM

Jun 2008
Takai said:

P.S. Will people ever stop whining about lack of females/romance in this anime? I love romance and I honestly do NOT see any room for it in Natsume Yuujinchou.

This! I remember hearing something about the mangaka making Natsume Yuujinchou because she wanted to write a story without romance. It doesn't need any. It's perfect the way it is.
Feb 16, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2010
hirahira said:
Takai said:

P.S. Will people ever stop whining about lack of females/romance in this anime? I love romance and I honestly do NOT see any room for it in Natsume Yuujinchou.

This! I remember hearing something about the mangaka making Natsume Yuujinchou because she wanted to write a story without romance. It doesn't need any. It's perfect the way it is.
When a story contains a male and a female people can't help it but to romanticise a relationship between them it's human nature.
I do not know the author's reason for writhing a story with out romance but she did create a few possibility's for the protagonist to have a romantic relationship.
Tho i also have to say that the author is also doing a very nice job without any romance in the story.
Despite to protagonist not having any romantic relationship the story is very romantic and emotional.

This episode was also very nice Tanuma got to see some of Natsume's world and must have been shocked not to mentioned worried about his friend.
He also found out the reason why Natsume is always trying to keep his friends out of his problems.
And i think they understand a bit more about each other now.
Feb 16, 2012 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:
hirahira said:
Takai said:

When a story contains a male and a female people can't help it but to romanticise a relationship between them it's human nature.

Oh.... it is? Okay. ^^;

My opinion remains though. If people want romance, then they should watch a romance anime. Watching a non-romance anime and complaining about lack of romance is silly. To be fair though, Natsume Yuujinchou is indeed "very romantic and emotional" as you put it. Let's not forget the romance we get from episodic stories involving youkai. I think that's just the subtle enough touch for this kind of story, it's perfectly balanced really.
Feb 16, 2012 8:33 PM
May 2010
Watching this episode makes me wander why the Matoba clan was not present, since some youkai as powerful as the Omibashira God would be really good for them. Why the Matoba(s) comes out in next ep but not this? I guess people had been worshiping the false God all this time.
Feb 17, 2012 1:05 PM

Jun 2008
Takai said:
Aversa said:
hirahira said:
Takai said:

Oh.... it is? Okay. ^^;

My opinion remains though. If people want romance, then they should watch a romance anime. Watching a non-romance anime and complaining about lack of romance is silly. To be fair though, Natsume Yuujinchou is indeed "very romantic and emotional" as you put it. Let's not forget the romance we get from episodic stories involving youkai. I think that's just the subtle enough touch for this kind of story, it's perfectly balanced really.

I think the problem here is more like this episode was pushing it bromance a bit too far. This series have done great without romance and I don't see it need its either. But this episode was a little bit over the top. I for one almost can't stand it, and I usually don't have anything against bromance or whatever. But maybe in Natsume Yuujinchou series that I just can't stand them.

And I know similar vibs were also from other episode where he have save some girls/female yokai. That makes this episode perfectly balance what it should show. But I dunno why this episode was just... not good for me. I guess I just wanted Natsume series to keep it "pure". Argh, I'm terrible I know. Screw this, the last episode satisfy me enough. So ignore me <.<
MimikoFeb 17, 2012 1:08 PM
Feb 18, 2012 7:41 AM

Mar 2009
I definitely don't feel what some people termed as 'bromance'. It's more about friendship then anything else as Natsume does not want his ability to affect or put his friends into danger and thus alienating them or vice versa. In Tanuma, you have someone who feels that Natsume shouldn't shoulder such a huge responsibility on his own and under estimate his friends even though he didn't at first understand what it is that made Natsume feel that way. Now that he does, the experience could only serves to strengthen their friendship and perhaps lessen Natsume's fear of being unwanted because of his ability.
Feb 20, 2012 12:15 PM

Mar 2011
Good episode. I want more Reiko episodes!
Feb 21, 2012 8:07 AM

Mar 2010
> people complaining about bromance/male protagonists/"catering to a female audience" in an anime based on an obviously shoujo manga

uh, what.

yes, Natsume Yuujinchou is primarily meant for a female audience. it runs in LaLa, for crying out loud. i don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ClementIV - Mar 26, 2012

209 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 9, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2012

89 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jan 23, 2012

102 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:29 AM

» Why wouldn't Natsume learn magic?

jihe - Mar 19, 2012

8 by Nakuy »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2012

58 by Meritas »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.