Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 8:45 PM

Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huge Exile incoming :O

Is there justice in wars? The hatred is just being passed around.
Not sure which side is 'right' any more, I think that was what Fam was thinking.
How are they ever going to achieve peace again?
Feb 4, 2012 1:15 AM

Jul 2009
Shih said:

This is the question that resonated with Sārā. Fam makes a valid point that in all the hatred thrown against Luscinia, the other nations are only thinking about killing him and his supporters. Of course, that is also a valid argument by the other parties because they've been subjected to many atrocities while they were within Luscinia's grip. Fam's passionate plea isn't necessarily for compassion, but rather not to be focused on bloody revenge, as that will never bring back the peace that resembled the one present when the Grand Race was held. As usual, politics and emotions almost never go hand in hand.

And as I expected, Sārā still has reservations about what Vasant has been telling her. While still a child, she is not without her own judgment. Sārā knows something about what Luscinia is planning, and I only hope it's not too late before the others realize that.

I'm glad to see that the Urbanus crew is safe. As for the Silvius, unfortunately that remains to be seen. It appears next week we will have the second "recap" episode.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 4, 2012 12:22 PM
Apr 2011
arsonal said:
Shih said:

This is the question that resonated with Sārā. Fam makes a valid point that in all the hatred thrown against Luscinia, the other nations are only thinking about killing him and his supporters. Of course, that is also a valid argument by the other parties because they've been subjected to many atrocities while they were within Luscinia's grip. Fam's passionate plea isn't necessarily for compassion, but rather not to be focused on bloody revenge, as that will never bring back the peace that resembled the one present when the Grand Race was held. As usual, politics and emotions almost never go hand in hand.

And as I expected, Sārā still has reservations about what Vasant has been telling her. While still a child, she is not without her own judgment. Sārā knows something about what Luscinia is planning, and I only hope it's not too late before the others realize that.

I'm glad to see that the Urbanus crew is safe. As for the Silvius, unfortunately that remains to be seen. It appears next week we will have the second "recap" episode.

The thing is that Luscinia is a psychotic nutcase with fascist utopian ideals much like Hitler in real life. Saying naive shit like "revenge is wrong" is just plain stupid here. Luscinia is a major threat to the world that needs to be taken out, and Fam just does not understand the big picture and nature of the conflict.
Feb 4, 2012 2:13 PM

Apr 2009
arsonal said:

It appears next week we will have the second "recap" episode.

Was it me or the preview showed Claus and a younger Dio?
Feb 4, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
botch said:
arsonal said:

It appears next week we will have the second "recap" episode.

Was it me or the preview showed Claus and a younger Dio?
It was scenes from S1. Looks like they're finally going to explain how S1 ties in. For once, I'm actually looking forward to the next episode (not saying I haven't liked this series so far but still).
Feb 4, 2012 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
I would actually like the next episode to be a recap of S1 plus a bit of extra material of what happened after they reached earth.
Feb 4, 2012 5:13 PM
Oct 2011
Yup those were all S1 scenes. :)

Maddo_scientisto said:
I would actually like the next episode to be a recap of S1 plus a bit of extra material of what happened after they reached earth.

Yeah, I too think that would be really cool, I'd love for that to be the case.

It would also be an excellent way to get new viewers as up to speed as possible on who Claus (and Lavie) is if perhaps he is about to show up (the timing of this recap and S1 footage seems right for it) plus give them more background on Dio who's been highly involved in the new show for new viewers, Anatoray-Disith, Silvius/Silvana etc. and stuff they are not aware of and real Guild-related stuff.

Been loving this show and would love to see it continue to get even bigger by further tying the two season's together by recapping S1 and possibly briefly filling in some of the 2 year tie in.
Feb 5, 2012 3:07 AM

Jun 2009
Ahhh Fam....Silly, silly Fam...
But anyway, I can't shake the feeling that this rebellion will not go to well....o.o
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Feb 5, 2012 6:23 AM

Jul 2008
DangerMouseDM said:

Maddo_scientisto said:

It would also be an excellent way to get new viewers as up to speed as possible on who Claus (and Lavie) is if perhaps he is about to show up (the timing of this recap and S1 footage seems right for it) plus give them more background on Dio who's been highly involved in the new show for new viewers, Anatoray-Disith, Silvius/Silvana etc. and stuff they are not aware of and real Guild-related stuff.

Been loving this show and would love to see it continue to get even bigger by further tying the two season's together by recapping S1 and possibly briefly filling in some of the 2 year tie in.

But it's been implied that Claus died by Dio.
Dio told Fam's group that Alvis recently lost someone very dear to her and my bet would be Claus.

Well if Claus is still alive it'll be fun seeing him own Fam at controlling a vanship.
Feb 5, 2012 2:11 PM
Jun 2010
While Fams sentiments are right on some level, her naïvety makes me cringe time after time. Then again, I suppose it's good to have a few utopian visionaries, so that you don't lose your path amidst all the bloodshed and suffering. To remind you that there could be other paths to take. Unfortunately Fam resembles a visionary as much as a crate of bolts resembles an airship.

I do wonder though why Millia takes Fam everywhere with her, since she clearly can't keep her mouth shut when she ought to. Many people don't take insults, even unintentional, as well as Sara and Vasant.

Overall very interesting developments in the episode.
MagebaneFeb 5, 2012 2:15 PM
Feb 7, 2012 12:35 AM

Jul 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
Also I heard that in a manga that is situated between the two season of last exile, Claus is either MIA or dead.

I'm going to take out the spoiler just because that statement is plain false. Claus is very much alive and well in Last Exile: Sunadokei no Tabibito.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 7, 2012 6:54 AM
Feb 2012
I loved the episode, Millia's situation made me almost cry. I loved the two music pieces during the race. Does anyone know the names and artist?
Feb 7, 2012 7:16 AM

Nov 2007
To cooperate with the little queen? And Fam was being rude for being herself (naive).

Wow, happy and nostalgic memory talking about Grand Race!!

One patch bad guy was one of the bodyguards (Dias-lookalike)?!

Another recap next ep.?
tsubasaloverFeb 7, 2012 7:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2012 4:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Magebane said:
I do wonder though why Millia takes Fam everywhere with her, since she clearly can't keep her mouth shut when she ought to.

I can only conclude that Tereza Collette tried and failed to teach Fam manners, as I can't see her not trying. I've mostly been a fan of Fam, but she does try my patience.

I can't shake the feeling that the cobbled together rebel fleet is going into a trap. Even if that is not the case, and setting aside what Luscinia just dug up, there is a fundamental problem they need to solve and it was never mentioned nor even appeared that they were considering it - until they find a way to counter Luscinia's Exile, they can't win.

Of course, that may be where Alvis comes in, though I've not seen any evidence that the rebels know anything about that.

Personally, I'm not happy about another 'recap' episode, but it looked like this might be more than just stuff already aired, so it should be okay.
Feb 11, 2012 7:02 PM
Oct 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
DangerMouseDM said:

Maddo_scientisto said:

But it's been implied that Claus died by Dio.
Dio told Fam's group that Alvis recently lost someone very dear to her and my bet would be Claus.

Well if Claus is still alive it'll be fun seeing him own Fam at controlling a vanship.

That was actually a mistranslation according to the Funi subs. He actually said something more along the lines of "she's lost people she's cared about and she's had a rough past but she's still a kind person who puts others before herself" when introducing Al to Fam, Gisey and Millia. :)
Feb 20, 2012 4:51 AM

Jun 2008
Can someone explain to me what Luscinia found in those frozen land he went that gave him such a satanic laugh?
What was that crystal little thing? Where did he got it?

Cratex said:
I can't shake the feeling that the cobbled together rebel fleet is going into a trap. Even if that is not the case, and setting aside what Luscinia just dug up, there is a fundamental problem they need to solve and it was never mentioned nor even appeared that they were considering it - until they find a way to counter Luscinia's Exile, they can't win.

Of course, that may be where Alvis comes in, though I've not seen any evidence that the rebels know anything about that.

Yes i have the same question. Do they have a plan on how to face the Exile he has on his hands?
Feb 22, 2012 3:31 AM

Apr 2009
Ah I pity the young Augusta, she didn't have the time to be a kid anymore.

I understand and empathize with Fam's reaction on the conference but that was still out of line in a room full of agitated adults. The thing is, adults can be so roundabout dealing with others coupled with their emotional and cultural baggages that sometimes a kid's naive perspective can be so refreshing. XD

Wow whatever Luscinia found, it is HUGE! I wonder if it's another Exile or something else...I mean the Exiles currently still in the sky are already that big they're visible on the ground from orbit, something that has parts or appendages as big as mountains is another. O_o
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 4, 2012 9:52 PM
Jan 2011
Well this really helped to clear alot and put Luscinia's actions into perspective. I never really realized before, that, what he really wants a.k.a his view of peace is to quell the other nations to the point that even the thought of rebellion against Ades is impossible and/or futile, so that the world will be a safe place for the new Augusta. His intentions are good, but he suffers from extreme tunnel vision and a sense of self-assurance that will probably come to haunt him by the end of the show.

And speaking of tunnel vision, Fam has just been hilarious and fun to watch. I laugh every time she mentions the Grand Race just out of the fact that she remains unmoved by what happens around her, as if her aloofness can repel the sting of bullets and the kiss of death. At the conference, i was chuckling because of how dumb she sounded in that room, talking about the Grand Race when she should have stayed quiet, and millia had to shut her up. Hell, she even started talking about the race to Sara. THAT GIRL'S MOTHER DIED THAT DAY WHY R U TELLING HER YOU WANT TO RECREATE THAT FATEFUL DAY FAM, WHYYYYY????

Also, Millia has grown into a full-fledged and capable princess (which i do not really understand AT ALL, as there is NO ROOM FOR GROWTH around the childish Fam!) Fam is just a bumbling, delerious fool, amidst deep political battles, and the result is anywhere from funny to downright hilarious! Loving this show so far!
Oct 22, 2013 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

After so long I can not remember. Plot that slowly progresses through dialogues and actions a bit subdued, storytelling without teeth! Design which, although beautiful is skinny enough animations! Ouch! ^ _ ^ "
Dec 8, 2013 2:21 PM

May 2012
Dat ending sure was impressive, well things sure are interesting up to the second recap episode!
Feb 2, 2014 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
"I know I'm just a fledgling. But I don't share their feelings!"
You obviously don't, Fam. Because you don't know how they feel having lost their homeland and comrades.
And why the heck did she even mention the Grand Race? Nobody was talking about that!
"Everyone was smiling that day and looking up at Atamora's vespa." Fam, you forgot the part about how Sara's mother got murdered that same day. Seriously Millia should just slap her again. And again. And again.

As if Luscinia's fleet isn't OP enough, the writers decide to give him another powerful asset. Good job writers.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 29, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2007
A-Knight said:
arsonal said:
Shih said:

The thing is that Luscinia is a psychotic nutcase with fascist utopian ideals much like Hitler in real life. Saying naive shit like "revenge is wrong" is just plain stupid here. Luscinia is a major threat to the world that needs to be taken out, and Fam just does not understand the big picture and nature of the conflict.

I agree. I'm not sure if the show is trying to portray Fam's outburst as positive or negative, but to me it only showed to highlight how little she has grown throughout the show. I find it hard to sympathize with Luscinia and his tunnel vision in what can only be seen as world domination masked in words of peace. Someone like that will never change their position no matter how much negotiation occurs. If this show skipped a beat in realism at times, I will retract that so long as Luscinia dies in the end for his actions, since that's the only realistic course that could be taken now. Luscinia's role in S2 reminds me absolutely of Vayne Solidor from Final Fantasy XII -- valid reasons for unification (maybe) but carried out in bloodshed and subjugation.

In S1, when Claus and Lavie became involved in the war between Disith and Anatoray, they both understood their roles in it. Lavie personally preferred to take a back seat while Claus fought alongside the Silvana to figure out his reason. Fam's reason? Just to recreate a Grand Race? I am SO sick of hearing that phrase!! Not to mention her complete absence of self-awareness when touring the Ades palace. So embarrassing not only to watch but also to realize the failure in writing this series has demonstrated.

The only part of this episode worth it is Sara. Her doubts were well-characterized, although marred by Fam's constant presence in these affairs.
Jun 28, 2016 6:06 PM

Dec 2015
Fam is a complete idiot. She's always trying to defend Millia's sister who is now a complete psychopath whether she has brainwashed or not the chick needs to be put to death. You just don't commit huge warcrimes like crashing exiles into countries and get away with it (the 2nd one she actually agreed to do). Then she is always talking about this "peaceful" grand race where Augusta's mother was killed who represented world peace, is this girl a fucking moron or what? Not to mention she is against fighting Lusciana and is upset people are mad that all of their families, friends, and country was destroyed by a giant exile. I would be mad and wanting to kill the asshole who took away my home and friends/family too. I hate her character, she has no character development whatsoever and just hope she would get shot down and die by the end of this series. She makes me want to rate the show lower because of it having a crappy MC that I can't stand everytime she is on screen.
Apr 5, 2017 5:52 PM
Aug 2014
This show is just starting to annoy me now with Fam's continued idiocy and Luscinia's descent in to anime villain territory.

And for some strange reason the force fighting under the empress of the federation are the rebels. Shouldn't Luscinia now be considered a traitor and thus everyone still following him/his order the same.
Jul 28, 2021 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
I wonder if we'll see some more Farahnaz era information. She's hailed by so many people as a peacemaker, yet was killed, accused of being a dictator. If these claims have some merit, maybe the Farahnaz era wasn't really that rosy either. I mean, if she needed to negotiate peace, she'd been the aggressor beforehand, I assume.

Diana can't befriend Milia because she's Liliana's sister yet doesn't have too many problems with entering an alliance with the very government that initially ordered the invasion lol.

The map says "Dependent state of Ades" xD

Fam should've told the military folks that she *did* lose her comrades - Sky Pirates were attacked too!

I hope we'll see other Gracies bases that were mentioned by Diana. Or at least troops from them.

So the capital of Ades was the place for those who could't fit on Exiles, and that's why Ades rulers dislike the returnees like Turan, I presume. And we finally got to see the people originally living in current Turan.
St0rmbladeJul 28, 2021 3:15 PM
Dec 31, 2021 2:51 AM
Jun 2020
Lol was so hyped when joint force hyping for revenge then Fam Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan Fan had to destroy the moment with her cringe naive Grand Race
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM
Jul 2021
Finally someone stood up against that Fam retard chick! And no Russian chick, she's not an amateur, she's "a very special girl"

And yet Triple Fam can't take the cue and shut up. Oh no! Not our beloved retard, no, no, no. She has to triple down and speak her mind. LOLZ speak, this chick doesn't have anything besides air inside her "brain"

And can she just shut the fudge up with he grand race already?!!! Just shut it! Ffuking retarded POS. She's clearly one of the worst, if not the worst MC ever created!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 13 Discussion

lanblade - Jan 18, 2012

28 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.