Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Bleach' To Enter the Final Part of the Story

New
Feb 1, 2012 5:45 AM

Feb 2008
According to Weekly Shonen Jump volume 10, Bleach will enter its final part starting the next issue. It's unknown how long the final part will last. There have been four major sections in Bleach's story: Substitute Soul Reaper, Soul Society, Arrancar, and Lost Agent.

Source: Scan of WSJ
NaruleachFeb 1, 2012 4:16 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2012 5:49 AM
Sep 2009
10 year long Bleach Arc? Nothing less from the Grandmaster troll himself.
Feb 1, 2012 5:50 AM
May 2010
o.O

Didn't Kubo say something about being only halfway through when he finished the Arrancar Arc?

Feb 1, 2012 5:52 AM

May 2009
You have no idea how happy this makes me. I'm one of those who believe that the storyline is being dragged out. Now, let's talk about fillers in the anime entering their final arc ...
Feb 1, 2012 5:52 AM

Jun 2009
He's two arcs too late. But it's about damn time.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 1, 2012 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
Finally, now we only have to wait 8 years till he finishes that piece of crap.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 1, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2010
interesting.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Feb 1, 2012 5:57 AM

May 2010
Haha yeah, that's not too much of a surprise. Hopefully it ends well, and everything is tied up.

And there's never a sequel.
Feb 1, 2012 5:58 AM

Aug 2007
Final part? O.o This is interesting

Dec 2009
thanks god!
he has nothing worthy to read after Arrancar arc
just finish Bleach then start new manga Kubo-sensei

Aug 2009
Well, that's cool. But I agree that the story has gone on for too long.
Feb 1, 2012 6:00 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
Oh, wow. It's quite unbelievable. -.-'

I wonder will Kubo create something else after Bleach.
Feb 1, 2012 6:00 AM

Dec 2008
Finally? Bleach should have been done with at the end of the Arrancar Arc. Why can't Kubo just let it go?
Feb 1, 2012 6:01 AM
Jul 2009
known this since before the end of the arrancar arc (kubo said there would be 2 arcs after it (1 short, 1 long))

also this arc we get to see unohana fight!
Feb 1, 2012 6:02 AM

Dec 2011
Well i agree it became dumb, but it is still good... I don't want it to finish. I have been following it for past 4 years. It's a habit..

Anyway I will write him a story, good one too, let him just draw :D
Feb 1, 2012 6:03 AM
Aug 2008
Cover350 said:
o.O

Didn't Kubo say something about being only halfway through when he finished the Arrancar Arc?

He probably had other plans but then realized that Bleach was dying and couldn't possibly continue on for another two arcs.

....Then again, as Gooseyyy said, who knows how long this arc will be.
Feb 1, 2012 6:05 AM

May 2008
so its finally ending lol wonder what the final arc will be about!
Feb 1, 2012 6:12 AM

Nov 2010
I never understood the hate this manga gets. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple. You won't get anything if it ends, but those who like it lose something. So basically you want people who like it to be sad because it ends?

Anyway, I think it's the right time to end the story. This arc will be probably be going for at least 5 years, in which Kubo can answer every question and close the story as he intended.
Feb 1, 2012 6:16 AM
Nov 2008
At last! D:
Feb 1, 2012 6:16 AM

May 2008
final part of the arc or the whole manga? XD

-did not read bleach- >->
Feb 1, 2012 6:23 AM

Dec 2008
AdolChristin said:
I never understood the hate this manga gets. If you don't like it, just don't read it. It's really simple. You won't get anything if it ends, but those who like it lose something. So basically you want people who like it to be sad because it ends?

Anyway, I think it's the right time to end the story. This arc will be probably be going for at least 5 years, in which Kubo can answer every question and close the story as he intended.

Most of the hate in my opinion comes from people who were readers of the manga who got fed up with the disappointing storyline and degrading art as the Aizen part went on. If I remember correctly, almost every chapter had like 3 pages of black, and things got stupid as BOTH Aizen and Ichigo just out powered up each other.

Though with that said, I have no idea what's going on with the manga now as like others, I dropped the manga after HE "lost", and where many thought the manga should have ended. Most of the hate stems from the fact that the manga just went downhill and never got back up.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Feb 1, 2012 6:25 AM

Apr 2008
AdolChristin said:

Yes, one could simply choose to not read it if it reached a point where they thought the plot became mundane and repetitive.

But I think what many fail to understand is that many fans have followed this series for years, some since the very beginning and thoroughly enjoyed Bleach. However, to see a series that they enjoyed develop into a mere shell of itself is frustrating. And I believe they have the right to feel annoyed and share their resentment. Although, some may show it in a very negative way and can belittle it with nonsense hate. Unfortunately, that is something you can't control and people will act like idiots.

I myself enjoyed it since 2004, but really grew annoyed with the retcon approach Kubo took, the drawn out battles with little plot development and disregarding his charactes to a point where they became irrelevant.

So why continue reading it? Why just stop if we don't like it? Because despite the flaws and hate, we are still curious as to how it will wrap up. Fans don't want to throw away years of following a series. I know I wouldn't want to. I'd feel like it was all a waste of time if it wasn't followed through.
Feb 1, 2012 6:26 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
well it's about time things are wrapped up.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 1, 2012 6:26 AM

Jan 2010
Didn't watch/read/have anything to do with Bleach, and frankly I'm glad it's ending.

Now about Naruto....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2012 6:28 AM

May 2011
wonder how long this arc will be...
10 years?
Feb 1, 2012 6:28 AM

Mar 2011
good.. hope it will be good and interesting end :)

Feb 1, 2012 6:29 AM

Dec 2008
Kurimu-chan said:
Didn't watch/read/have anything to do with Bleach, and frankly I'm glad it's ending.

Now about Naruto....

I don't read Naruto but I could have sworn I read somewhere that Kishimoto actually said that the current war arc is the final arc and that it will end.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Feb 1, 2012 6:36 AM

Aug 2010
There should be some kind of lottery to see how long he will drag it out. I guess 3 years.
Feb 1, 2012 6:37 AM

Aug 2011
mikhailn said:
You have no idea how happy this makes me. I'm one of those who believe that the storyline is being dragged out.

Yeah, same here.

Now, let's talk about fillers in the anime entering their final arc ...

Ah, forgot about that. Eh, they're usually as good as the canon if not better, so whatever.
Feb 1, 2012 6:37 AM

Aug 2008
Misdreavius said:
Most of the hate in my opinion comes from people who were readers of the manga who got fed up with the disappointing storyline and degrading art as the Aizen part went on. If I remember correctly, almost every chapter had like 3 pages of black, and things got stupid as BOTH Aizen and Ichigo just out powered up each other.

Though with that said, I have no idea what's going on with the manga now as like others, I dropped the manga after HE "lost", and where many thought the manga should have ended. Most of the hate stems from the fact that the manga just went downhill and never got back up.

^ TRUE STORY.

and hell yeah its FINALLY gonna wrap up! i swear i was just reading the crap chapters lately, just to update my MAL manga list. nothing else.
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Feb 1, 2012 6:38 AM

May 2011
BUT... BUT:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=276958
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Feb 1, 2012 6:46 AM

Feb 2011
Now I'm curious what the final arc will be about =)
Feb 1, 2012 6:47 AM

Dec 2011

Who knows...!!!
I hope it will keep going until I loose interest in manga, in about 6-7 years when I marry and stuff like that..

I typed anime first time :D LoL :D
akutasame94Feb 1, 2012 6:58 AM
Feb 1, 2012 6:47 AM

Mar 2008
finally .. :D
Feb 1, 2012 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
Didn't Kubo say Bleach will last another 10 years? O_O So a 10 year long arc or is he trolling us..hopefully i will have all my questions answered.
AozureFeb 1, 2012 6:53 AM
Feb 1, 2012 6:50 AM

Sep 2010
archiemouse said:
known this since before the end of the arrancar arc (kubo said there would be 2 arcs after it (1 short, 1 long))

well this answered all my questions, thx ^^
Feb 1, 2012 6:55 AM

Dec 2010
finally!~ since Aizen got out of the picture, Bleach seems to drag on and became boring. Issues that should have been solved by character development keeps getting brought up. Naruto should start wrapping up too~
Feb 1, 2012 6:57 AM
Apr 2010
About time.
Feb 1, 2012 6:57 AM

Dec 2011
endless_nine_09 said:
finally!~ since Aizen got out of the picture, Bleach seems to drag on and became boring. Issues that should have been solved by character development keeps getting brought up. Naruto should start wrapping up too~

And what if arc really is going to be 10 years long. Maybe it will become monthly...
Feb 1, 2012 6:58 AM

May 2010
I love Bleach, don't really want it to end... Though maybe it's better this way :|
Well, I can read it even for another 10 years XD
Feb 1, 2012 7:00 AM

Feb 2010
About 3 years? lol.
The anime should've been better if not for the misplaced fillers.

Milk.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Feb 1, 2012 7:09 AM
Jun 2008
archiemouse said:

This! I also read this some time ago. Then there were indications it's only halfway done.

I guess it's now decided, that this will be the last arc (so back to the first plan)
Feb 1, 2012 7:09 AM

Oct 2010
finally :)
Feb 1, 2012 7:19 AM

Aug 2010
While this is nothing unexpected, it's going to be painful to see it finally end. After so many years of following the series, it became a part of my daliy life. Waiting for the new chapter to come out, read it, discuss it with my friends and then wait for the next one. When it's gone, it's like something is missing in my life. But it had to come eventully, so I'm just going to continue and hope that it will be a rewarding conclusion.

Although, I'm annoyed by the fact that I seem to be the only one to think so, while the rest of the world is celebrating. But I'm quite sure that what I hear right now is only talk and in the end, even the haters will start to miss it (I just hope they won't miss to hate it).
Feb 1, 2012 7:29 AM

Dec 2011
SagaraYuzuru said:
While this is nothing unexpected, it's going to be painful to see it finally end. After so many years of following the series, it became a part of my daliy life. Waiting for the new chapter to come out, read it, discuss it with my friends and then wait for the next one. When it's gone, it's like something is missing in my life. But it had to come eventully, so I'm just going to continue and hope that it will be a rewarding conclusion.

Although, I'm annoyed by the fact that I seem to be the only one to think so, while the rest of the world is celebrating. But I'm quite sure that what I hear right now is only talk and in the end, even the haters will start to miss it (I just hope they won't miss to hate it).
SagaraYuzuru said:

You are not alone my brother... :D

I feel the same way...

I will feel kind of empty, I mean not seeing characters every week, but it had to happen... To bad...

btw I love your avatar... Angel Beats FTW...
Feb 1, 2012 7:30 AM

Apr 2010
Final chapter of Bleach headline will be:
"Tite Kubo announces new series: Bleach Z"
Feb 1, 2012 7:32 AM
Oct 2011
To all bleach haters:
Go take your hate somewhere else! I understand and agree that the story has been dragged out, but COME ON bleach is a good anime/manga that atcully has a story! If you have to hate, go hate on dog days. that anime has crap plot that goes NOWHERE its begging to get hated!
Feb 1, 2012 7:42 AM
Oct 2009
nekohasclaws said:
To all bleach haters:
Go take your hate somewhere else! I understand and agree that the story has been dragged out, but COME ON bleach is a good anime/manga that atcully has a story! If you have to hate, go hate on dog days. that anime has crap plot that goes NOWHERE its begging to get hated!

How in the world Dog Days came up in a Bleach thread is something my intellect cannot fully grasp.

Anyway... I'm pretty much indifferent here. But considering it from a wide perspective, the next years should be pretty interesting for Shounen Jump. All of the big three are at least halfway done, and I don't see many titles up for the task of supporting the magazine after their conclusions, at least not yet. Let's see what happens.
Feb 1, 2012 7:42 AM

Apr 2010
nekohasclaws said:
To all bleach haters:

No show that features girls with animal ears & tails deserves to be hated.
Feb 1, 2012 7:44 AM

Aug 2011
nekohasclaws said:
To all bleach haters:

Troll harder.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
38 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.