Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The lady working beside the little queen saying the foreigners that there are other enemies.

In bad condition.

Millia is sad, and Fam trying to make her feel better (get the emotion out) by inviting everyone there to fly.

Then the lady working beside the little queen sending message to ask for help (resistance?).

Next ep. with the main 3 girls meeting the little queen... in not so awkward aura.
tsubasaloverJan 28, 2012 11:01 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 27, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2008
I'm starting to really like the series, although many people have said negative things about it...

oh god those weapons <3
Jan 28, 2012 1:06 AM

Jul 2009
I saw Vasant's "defection" coming from a mile away. She has convinced the Augusta to sack Luscinia as Premier, and it's possible she might have her own agenda (judging from the way she looks in the preview). If this is the case, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for Sārā because she has been a puppet of Luscinia and now becomes a puppet of Vasant's opposing faction.

The Federation's military leaders intrigue me; they're a colorful bunch. The exchange between Luscinia and Sadri shows much about how the old admiral's role in the military: he follows Luscinia with steadfast loyalty and stands up for him. On the extreme side, Kayvān's nearly blind loyalty, whether it be to the Augusta or the Premier, may result in his undoing in the future. Sorūsh, on the other hand, appears to take the path of convenience for his own benefit. Will Ōrang stand up for his principles and defect to the other side after seeing what Exile can do?

The next episode is Triangulation, which is somewhat difficult to explain if you don't know chess well, but it's essentially an attempt to reverse the opponent's defensive position to an aggressive position that puts himself at a disadvantage.

What is Luscinia looking for? Gonzo might have provided a hint. Yesterday, it uploaded a new production design image for the series.
arsonalJan 28, 2012 1:27 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 28, 2012 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
Oh boy, this is really happening. Luscinia obviously knew that Vasant is from Chaos, and he also obviously knew that she is close to Sārā and has some influence on her. And still he used Chaos fleet as bait and sacrificed it. Does this scheme come around to him? Yes, quite a nice job there, Luscinia. If all this isn’t just a part of your cunning gambit, then cheese and rice, the writing here is hopeless.
Jan 28, 2012 4:27 PM
Oct 2011
KatayokuTsuneki said:
Oh boy, this is really happening. Luscinia obviously knew that Vasant is from Chaos, and he also obviously knew that she is close to Sārā and has some influence on her. And still he used Chaos fleet as bait and sacrificed it. Does this scheme come around to him? Yes, quite a nice job there, Luscinia. If all this isn’t just a part of your cunning gambit, then cheese and rice, the writing here is hopeless.

I think you missed how he did see it coming the reason he used the Chaos fleet like this in the first place was precisely to weaken/cripple them because he didn't believe their loyalty and probably felt he most likely couldn't win it due to their people's history with Ades, and despite them turning on him, as he likely knew would happen eventually, he preempted it so that she won't even have her full force anymore by significantly weakening her forces for future battles before she had the chance to change sides which he probably couldn't do openly due to her closeness to Sara so he did it by sacrificing her forces to weaken her position should she do this, even if this move eventually costs him the only way that happens is if she can first manage to forge an alliance with Fam/Millia/Anatoray (and even in this instance she has less ships and soldiers to offer to the cause than she would have).

arsonal said:
I saw Vasant's "defection" coming from a mile away. She has convinced the Augusta to sack Luscinia as Premier, and it's possible she might have her own agenda (judging from the way she looks in the preview). If this is the case, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for Sārā because she has been a puppet of Luscinia and now becomes a puppet of Vasant's opposing faction.

The Federation's military leaders intrigue me; they're a colorful bunch. The exchange between Luscinia and Sadri shows much about how the old admiral's role in the military: he follows Luscinia with steadfast loyalty and stands up for him. On the extreme side, Kayvān's nearly blind loyalty, whether it be to the Augusta or the Premier, may result in his undoing in the future. Sorūsh, on the other hand, appears to take the path of convenience for his own benefit. Will Ōrang stand up for his principles and defect to the other side after seeing what Exile can do?

The next episode is Triangulation, which is somewhat difficult to explain if you don't know chess well, but it's essentially an attempt to reverse the opponent's defensive position to an aggressive position that puts himself at a disadvantage.

What is Luscinia looking for? Gonzo might have provided a hint. Yesterday, it uploaded a new production design image for the series.

Excellent post.

firebound12 said:
I'm starting to really like the series, although many people have said negative things about it...

oh god those weapons <3

Yeah, been loving this series, it's characters on both sides, and the return of Last Exile's still totally unique epic world, multi-faction conflicts, Guild mysteries and unique style of airship action and outstanding music.
DangerMouseDMJan 28, 2012 5:54 PM
Jan 28, 2012 6:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
firebound12 said:

oh god those weapons <3

Don't listen to anyone but yourself. It's you watching the series not the other people. :D
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 29, 2012 1:41 AM

Jul 2009
DangerMouseDM said:
I think you missed how he did see it coming the reason he used the Chaos fleet like this in the first place was precisely to weaken/cripple them because he didn't believe their loyalty and probably felt he most likely couldn't win it due to their people's history with Ades, and despite them turning on him, as he likely knew would happen eventually, he preempted it so that she won't even have her full force anymore by significantly weakening her forces for future battles before she had the chance to change sides which he probably couldn't do openly due to her closeness to Sara so he did it by sacrificing her forces to weaken her position should she do this, even if this move eventually costs him the only way that happens is if she can first manage to forge an alliance with Fam/Millia/Anatoray (and even in this instance she has less ships and soldiers to offer to the cause than she would have).

Hmm… Valid point, actually. But it still bugs me that Luscinia straightforwardly destabilized the situation in Ades, throwing it on the verge of civil war, instead of choosing more backstage methods to deal with Vasant first and only then sacrificing the Chaos fleet. And then he left right in the middle of the crisis. Maybe he timed it that way to provoke Vasant (possibly, title of the next episode hints this), or maybe not. Anyway, I need to watch another couple of episodes to clarify the situation. Right now it is too vague to judge confidently.
Jan 29, 2012 11:59 AM
Dec 2011
I waited for another week to watch 2 exiles in battle but the highlight i remember in this episode is the burnt potato pancakes
Jan 29, 2012 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
What was the name of the insert song?
Jan 29, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2011
I liked the episode. Yeah, not much to comment on.
Jan 30, 2012 1:30 AM

Jul 2009
Shih said:
What was the name of the insert song?

"A Rose in the Wind" and "Everything I wish".
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 4, 2012 4:16 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
arsonal said:
If this is the case, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for Sārā because she has been a puppet of Luscinia and now becomes a puppet of Vasant's opposing faction.

The fate of many child rulers. Historically, child rulers without a strong relative backing them up rarely lived to be adults.

I liked the episode, and in particular Millia's resolve to deal with her sister.

I admit that neither Fam nor Millia are 'strong' characters...yet. Fam desperately wants to help, but being unable and unwilling to actually 'fight' in the traditional sense limits her options. Millia desperately wants to fight, but really has no idea how to do so. I think people would follow Fam into battle if she choose to lead them, but I don't think she would - like horse raiders through the ages her mentality is to hit and run, not engage in stand up fights. Millia lost what military strength had been gained for her because she failed to ensure it's willingness to follow her, so she has almost nothing to lead.

Much depends upon how Millia handles this new turn of events. If she continues to just react then I see her as continuing to be ineffective. However, if she uses this to her advantage and attempts to seize the initiative as a way to give her the chance to deal with her sister, then there is hope.
CratexFeb 4, 2012 4:37 PM
Feb 4, 2012 9:47 PM
Oct 2011
Cratex said:
arsonal said:
If this is the case, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for Sārā because she has been a puppet of Luscinia and now becomes a puppet of Vasant's opposing faction.

The fate of many child rulers. Historically, child rulers without a strong relative backing them up rarely lived to be adults.

I liked the episode, and in particular Millia's resolve to deal with her sister.

Yeah I liked it too.

Cratex said:
I admit that neither Fam nor Millia are 'strong' characters...yet. Fam desperately wants to help, but being unable and unwilling to actually 'fight' in the traditional sense limits her options. Millia desperately wants to fight, but really has no idea how to do so. I think people would follow Fam into battle if she choose to lead them, but I don't think she would - like horse raiders through the ages her mentality is to hit and run, not engage in stand up fights. Millia lost what military strength had been gained for her because she failed to ensure it's willingness to follow her, so she has almost nothing to lead.

Much depends upon how Millia handles this new turn of events. If she continues to just react then I see her as continuing to be ineffective. However, if she uses this to her advantage and attempts to seize the initiative as a way to give her the chance to deal with her sister, then there is hope.

Totally agree with these thoughts on Fam and Millia's current positions I think. I also definitely agree that people would follow Fam into battle if she chose to lead them and your deduction on why she probably wouldn't given her Sky Pirate background mentality.
DangerMouseDMFeb 4, 2012 10:17 PM
Feb 5, 2012 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
I like Last Exile, and i liked this episode, but i didn't like the fact that non-Federation stuff is always weaker, even if it's supposed to be stronger or equal to what they use.

Glacies was a totally unkown factor to everyone, and a simple anti-air cannon is enough to eradicate them? The installed anti-air cannons of Glacies did nearly no damage to the Federation battle ships, mostly because they somehome managed to not get hit even while flying right above them, not having suspected it (at least the fleet that was hit - Luscinia is something else) and the ships turning literally in place. And the Exile Glacies used..seriously? It did less damage then the anti-air cannons, or at least it looked like. Do you remember the previous battles involving an Exile? In Last Exile, and against Turan, the Exiles were devasting. The Sky was full of it's tentacles, and it ripped apart one ship after another. The Glacies Exile was kinda..slow.

And from the looks of it, either Liliana will simply deactivate it (which would be horrible writing, as they are linked to a specific Exile), or the Exile Fam and other others saw was indeed on it's way to Glacies and will either eradicate the base without caring about the other Exile, or eradicate that Exile as well.

Unless of course somebody stops it. But i wouldn't wonder seeing the above outcome, as the Federation always seems to be stronger, both on a ship by ship (or weapon by weapon) basis, aswell as total fleet.

Next we know,we will see them dropping Guild Star Fish and Battle Ships like flies or what? And to add insult to injury, Glacies didn't even try (or did not get the chance by the writters) do adjust their strategy, like, attacking again with their rocket fighters from a different angle, or different directions, or after the switched to amor-piercing shells. Heck, the super-fast and highly manouverable rocket fighters didn't even try to evade the fire, while we saw Vanships fly through heavy fire before (though it wasn't this new anti-air weapon, this much i have to give them).

The worst and most unexpected thing that happend to the Federation in this war so far was probably Luscinian having a bad hair day!

And then, after all hope is lost, Fam will blow up the Impetus by herself, or Giselle/Millia will sink it by shooting the Claudia unit like with some of other battle ships.

I really hope this turns into a war, and does not continue being an onslaught were everything goes along with Luscinia's plans (he probably even planned which ship of the different fleets will be shot down..)

There is also the likelyhood of political backstab, sure, but i would prefer seeing something going wrong for the Federation before the "turning point", too. I can't stand guys that are never surprised because they suddenly have planned for the outcome the moment it happens, even if they clearly did not expect it, couldn't even imagine it the moment before.

Person A: "hey, what happens if the enemy fights back?"
Person B: "they can't fight back"
Person A: "but what if? what would we do if you hadn't disabled their defenses?"
Person B: "don't waste my time with what if's, i made sure they can't fight back"

*boom, everybody but Person B is shocked and suprised because something major went wrong*

Person B: I obviously failed to disable their defenses and lied to you just all a moment ago, but nobody cares because i obviously planned for it all along despite telling you "to not waste my time with what if's". And yes, for the plan to succeed, we had to waste half of the army, even though i'm just going to use my secret weapon (which can singlehandedly wipe out the enemy) which I could have used all along"
Feb 6, 2012 6:40 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
NwAurion said:
I like Last Exile, and i liked this episode, but i didn't like the fact that non-Federation stuff is always weaker, even if it's supposed to be stronger or equal to what they use.

My impression, and mind you it's my impression only, is that most of the opponents that the Federation has taken down have had far less combat experience than the Federation forces. That seemed particularly true of Glacies - they had good fighters with pilots obviously experienced in limited actions, but not in large fleet engagements. Much of what I saw of Glacies gave me the impression of a lot of faded glory - a lot of jury-rigged old equipment. Even their Exile looked worse for wear to me - why would it be buried in the ground?. However, I did not get the impression that it did little damage to the Federation forces, but I thought it looked damaged already. I also did not get the impression that the Glacies ground based air defenses did little damage. It just appears they were overwhelmed by an enemy effectively using feint and maneuver.

The Federation appears to be on a Total War footing while others are not, or have mobilized to late to do any good. Absent a gross disparity of equipment, the side with the better C3 and experience will probably win, even if significantly outnumbered.

I'm hoping Anatory(spelling?) will be a different experience. The report from Federation scouts that they have little forces I'm hoping is just good screening on the part of AnatorY, which probably has a large cadre of experienced military from the wars on Prester. At least, that's what I'm thinking.
Feb 6, 2012 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
Ah damn it, I wanted to see the two Exiles clash. >_< Anyway I'm also glad the goat was still OK back in Kartofell (sp?). LOL

Cratex said:
The report from Federation scouts that they have little forces I'm hoping is just good screening on the part of AnatorY, which probably has a large cadre of experienced military from the wars on Prester. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

Yeah I also think Anatoray/Anatory has enough combat experience in their history books to use counterintelligence and deception, at the very least or I'm gonna be disappointed with Vincent. We'll see in the coming episodes if our guesses are correct.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 11, 2012 8:07 PM

Nov 2007
I like how many people dislike this show. I can hog the entire show for myself.
Dec 8, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2012
Quite decent development, things sure are getting better and better!
Feb 2, 2014 8:58 AM

Aug 2013
When Milla said she was going to strike down her own sister, a part of me was actually happy.

I kind of feel sorry for Augusta Sara. She's too young to understand what she's doing or what she has done and that makes her so easy to manipulate.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 29, 2014 4:48 AM

Aug 2007
Interesting development that Augusta Sara is separating herself from Luscinia. I’m not sure I understand what a Chaosian is, but I suppose that woman had some hand in this. Hopefully they will expand on this some.

Found Millia and Fam’s indecision with Lilliana, although certainly understandable in story context, executed clumsily and in a rather melodramatic way. But then again, the direction in this sequel has always been off kilter.
Apr 5, 2017 5:21 PM
Aug 2014
Did I miss something? How did Glacies get beaten? I thought you needed to be on the Exile itself to control it otherwise it would just be in self-defense mode.

Of course Millia doesn't want to kill her sister, but she is a mass-murder she kinda has to, not sure why the whole race was necessary . And it would also be nice if Fam could stop mentioning the event used to assassinate the previous ruler of the federation as a good thing.
Jul 28, 2021 2:12 PM

Aug 2017
Fam obviously adores the *intentions* behiond the Grand Race, not whatever happened to happen on it in regards to the assassination. The events can easily be decoupled from one another.
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
Jul 2021
Another stupid episode and now all of a sudden we have a rebellion in our hands! Done by none other that yet another wahmen that is clearly in that position because she's a strong wahmen, no other reason. This chick climbed the the military ranks because reasons.

oh and a unnecessary power ego boost for triple Fam that last almost 5 minutes at the end of the episode. Great! Said no one!

Triple Fam once again being a retard.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 13 Discussion

lanblade - Jan 18, 2012

28 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.