Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
The opening is okay, just needed to sound more horror-ish in it. I really want to see another opening song for a horror anime as good as the one for the first Higurashi anime.
Jan 16, 2012 10:54 PM

Nov 2008
That Eyepatch...
Jan 16, 2012 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
After seeing all the possible spoilers here, I think I'm just going to stop with the forums all together. At least when the show is adapted from a manga or novel.
Jan 16, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
this is quite a cliffhanger.

Jan 16, 2012 11:03 PM

Aug 2008
Cliffhanger :D

Also, lol @ "I have no other customers". Well, now I'm starting to really think that no one else can see Misaki (although this was already hinted).

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 16, 2012 11:04 PM

Nov 2009
sunfall said:
omg omg omg whats under the eyepatch???

and am i the only one who thinks that misaki is cute? lol xD

Nope I think Misaki is really cute as well...But then I've always liked Red Eyes on anime girls =)
Jan 17, 2012 12:07 AM

Apr 2011
Why the ghost is so moe?

It hardly felt horror, aside from the mannequin stuff.
Jan 17, 2012 12:12 AM
Jan 2012
My theory thus far; Misaki Mei isn't dead. She is shunned because her surname is believed to be cursed, hence the class goes bonkers about her. Mei visiting B2 could just be a huge troll, that her sister or brother works as a janitor or some lulz. The nurse's briefing could hint towards a sister, but it could really just be mere coincidence - not like Misaki is an uncommon name.

This is silly and far-fetched, but Mei isn't dead cause the show isn't listed as supernatural.

Mei isn't directly involved with what's about to unfold, she just knows about it. The whole thing could be about some psycho taking advantage of the whole "Misaki legend". Or even better, someone in the class is trolling everyone, acting all scared etc. It's always the most innocent looking ones..

Why she uses an eyepatch could just be to defuse some of the rumours about her, i.e she could actually have what was in the "other pic" posted before.
Jan 17, 2012 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
omg Eyepatch cliffhanger^^
Jan 17, 2012 12:32 AM

Dec 2008
OP's alright, it's just not scary moreso than it's just trying to act like it's scary.

The ED on the other hand is amazing personally. That melancholic mood it expresses feels right at home with this series.

On topic, I have never hated the fact more that I don't have speakers to watch this series with. Being afraid of mannequins a bit more than the average person and having to watch this series solely through headphones is pretty unsettling.

It doesn't help that the series tends to make one feel that something loud and frightening is going to pop out eventually. The mannequin eyecatches don't help either.

I'm loving and hating the creepy atmosphere that this series generates.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jan 17, 2012 12:37 AM

May 2011
suspension bomb to the max
Jan 17, 2012 12:55 AM

Aug 2010
idunno.. i never find anime scary, ever. im in the dark with the creepy music on blast.. just doesnt do it... only real horror movies, then i squeel
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jan 17, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2011
I really want to know what's behind the eyepatch and what the whole class is hiding from him!
Jan 17, 2012 1:39 AM

Feb 2009
Compared to the manga they gave almost everyone longer hair! xD Does the producer have a fetish?
Jan 17, 2012 1:44 AM

Apr 2009
Episode 2 was a little better but im annoyed by how the students keep dancing around about telling Kouichi what the situation is. Doing that for the sake keeping you guessing in these particular instance annoys the hell out of me. These episodes looks like they will be slow paced threw out to build it up. The cliffhanger got me wonder wtf is under that eyepatch.lol. Probably a bunch of maggots.

Overall, decent episode. Not as high on this as i initially felt threw the preview but im hoping it gets better. Episode was a little more creepy than the first at least.
DreddJan 17, 2012 2:06 AM
Jan 17, 2012 1:46 AM

Sep 2010
Kurimu-chan said:

Also, MAL... Seriously D:

Possible spoiler?

DAMN.... THIS SPOILED ME..... >.<
Jan 17, 2012 1:49 AM

Jun 2010
MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS!

Mindfuck.
Jan 17, 2012 2:14 AM

Mar 2011
That was the biggest cliffhanger that has ever affected me (I'm a sucker for Horror), god damnit. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Jan 17, 2012 2:28 AM

Apr 2011
woonie said:
Day2Dream said:
What you'll find under the eye patch is... another eye patch! xD

Emphasized that for you.

We've been trolled! XD
Jan 17, 2012 2:29 AM
Jun 2008
Really like the dolls.
Jan 17, 2012 2:52 AM

Sep 2011
Starting to like this series. Pretty much changed some scenes from the manga I read but I think it's just okay. Not sure about the novel though. And wow, such a cliffhanger ending! Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 17, 2012 2:57 AM

Oct 2010
BTW for Misaki is dead proof in the spoiler
the light flickered there right? Usually that happens when there is a ghost. Why did it do around Misaki? She is either a ghost or is haunted by one if she is even alive.

One of the impressive things of the episode is the following,

very nicely rendered into creepy. Mei gave out shivers to me very much.

Then there is the Izumi case in the spoiler
now there is just something plain wrong with her. Why grind the teeth and most of all why the others Mochizuki/Yukari namely stop her from saying? On top of that surprise, Mei passes around that time. I do have an idea of the reason but it's a spoiler now so can't say it.
-MgZ_ said:
MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS! MINDFUCKING DOLLS!

Mindfuck.
The real mind fuck is in the spoiler (NSFW cause of the details)
why of all details on those and the grotesque in it. It's like they are stitched. And this talk of being calm when you are separated and not when you are, that was strange philosophizing from Mei. Strangely it reminded me of that Yuri couple talked about episodes ago. I wonder if they are the dolls there? Really not sure of it but it does strike as among the dolls why are they the only ones like that? I don't remember seeing in the manga but then again too much stuff is totally changed. That mind fucked as to why are they the only ones like that because people turning into dolls was done before, however I am still not sure if that applied in this series.

BTW this is not the first of it. Symphogear has a ED where it's as disturbing.
Riptos said:
sunfall said:

and am i the only one who thinks that Misaki is cute? lol xD

Nope I think Misaki is really cute as well...But then I've always liked Red Eyes on anime girls =)
She does have MOE side too but the problem is that it was to be shown some in this episode namely in the library but that was out and the next episode should have one of the eye patch part next episode. Remains to see.
kittybell said:
Compared to the manga they gave almost everyone longer hair! xD Does the producer have a fetish?
No but I keep wondering of the dolls if he has one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 17, 2012 2:58 AM

Apr 2011
Can a dead person actually have freedom to roam around the place?

Because I read before that ghost have limited freedom to go around, and we see Mei roaming the streets and visiting a doll house.

and also it seems the two boys actually saw her when Sakakibara went to the library.
Jan 17, 2012 2:59 AM

Oct 2010
Magito said:

Because I read before that ghost have limited freedom to go around, and we see Mei roaming the streets and visiting a doll house.
Not if it has an area. Yes it can be a whole town as its area.

Jan 17, 2012 3:07 AM

Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Magito said:

I see. I wonder if you can actually touch her...

And Misaki looks like doll. A gothic lolita dress would be perfect for her.
Jan 17, 2012 3:11 AM
May 2010
This series is really appealing to me, though it's also a bit creepy. The main character literally looks like me (besides the fact I have blue eyes and not quite as skinny. But when watching this with a friend and girlfriend their first reaction was immediately saying, "wow he looks almost exactly like you!"), acts like me, and even talks in a similar fashion to me, especially when I was his age and used to be a bit more to myself. Also coincidental that several people call me horror lover since I really do spend a lot of my time reading, watching, and playing horror media.

This one has me quite interested though, very well executed so far.
Jan 17, 2012 3:47 AM

Oct 2010
Magito said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Magito said:

I see. I wonder if you can actually touch her...

And Misaki looks like doll. A gothic lolita dress would be perfect for her.
Funny thing is she might but so far I see all limbs being human to me.

Jan 17, 2012 4:03 AM

Feb 2009
Oh goodness that ending. I was already completely hidden behind my pillow when I found out the ending had started already. :o So creepy!
Jan 17, 2012 4:06 AM

Mar 2011
I cant get enough of this anime. Cant wait to see the next episode =)
Jan 17, 2012 4:46 AM

Sep 2011
5/5 A great leap from the 3/5 I gave for Episode 1, definitely not dropping the series.

First of all, the pacing. Perfect for a horror anime, starting off slow and steady. A good buildup for what is obviously the big wham episode later on in the series.

Next, the art. Holy, I was busy doing other things when I was watching Episode One so I didn't really pay attention to the art. But Episode Two made me realize what P.A. Works can do at their fullest potential.

Then, the OST. What an abuse of horror and suspense tracks. I bet they paid lots of money to hire a sound director and a composer with big reputation to do the job. *checks MAL for their names*

The voice acting. I don't really want to compare with other series, but Another has the finest quality in terms of voice acting for the season (temporarily). Oh my, I swear I could play Mei Misaki's voice to my friends at midnight and they will all be damn scared.

These first two episodes reminds me of the beginning of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (a horror anime series which I gave 10/10). Hope Another doesn't disappoint me.
Jan 17, 2012 4:53 AM

Oct 2011
totally in love with this show - just the kind of atmosphere i love to be immersed in - a feeling of sadness, loneliness, and strange beauty, with and underlying feeling of something really bad creeping up behind you - best new show of the season! the dolls in this episode were so gorgeous and horrifying at the same time.........bravo!!!
Jan 17, 2012 5:03 AM

Jun 2011
Lol i was crossing my fingers hoping that they will not end it at a cliffhanger and then the ED song comes out.T_T
Jan 17, 2012 5:14 AM

Dec 2011
Another great episode XD I'm a little bit sad they changed the character design of the aunt Reiko, the manga version of Reiko look much more sexier!!
Jan 17, 2012 5:21 AM

Apr 2011
I am definitely hook on this series. Plus, Mei is adorably cute.
Jan 17, 2012 5:25 AM
Jan 2012
creepy but i liked it
Jan 17, 2012 5:31 AM

Oct 2010
Not sure if Mei's really dead or just being ignored/shunned by the rest of the classmates.

Dat eye-patch! Now I'm more anxious to see what's behind it.
Jan 17, 2012 5:54 AM

Aug 2007
A little slow, but interesting. IThe doll shop is creepy.
Jan 17, 2012 5:57 AM

Sep 2010
Those fucking dolls are scaring the shit out of me, they are so fking creepy...

I have to say I'm really enjoying this show!
Jan 17, 2012 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
I hate the dolls. Scaring me.

I like Akazawa <3 Dunno why but I do.
Jan 17, 2012 7:38 AM

Dec 2011
I found episode very interesting, although I hated ending...........

Then I did something I never do.....

I read manga, I mean I love manga, but I don't read it since in my country it is not easy finding it, and I don't think it should be read online, I mean reading manga on pc? Well I don't like that, so I choose not to read it, but this anime made me do it.

I read only part where they show what's under eyepatch, and stoped, I don't wanna spoil anime :D

Now I can't wait for the next episode...
Jan 17, 2012 8:05 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, how could the end the episode there? They're making me want to read the manga and I don't want to do that until at least after the anime is done.
Jan 17, 2012 8:10 AM

Dec 2011
sunfall said:

and am i the only one who thinks that misaki is cute? lol xD

No you're not :D

And for those who wanna know about eyepatch...

Don't make me spoil :D

Joke, I won't, I just finished manga :D
Jan 17, 2012 8:11 AM

Dec 2011
holypoop said:
Wow, how could the end the episode there? They're making me want to read the manga and I don't want to do that until at least after the anime is done.

Must resist reading.....
Jan 17, 2012 8:11 AM

Jul 2010
onzeedge said:
My theory thus far; Misaki Mei isn't dead. She is shunned because her surname is believed to be cursed, hence the class goes bonkers about her. Mei visiting B2 could just be a huge troll, that her sister or brother works as a janitor or some lulz. The nurse's briefing could hint towards a sister, but it could really just be mere coincidence - not like Misaki is an uncommon name.

You know, this crossed my mind as well. Ghosts and vengeful spirits are scary and all, but I'd find it much creepier if Mei was actually still alive and shunned by her peers. Human behaviour is usually what makes my skin crawl, moreso than any supernatural beasties.

I don't completely subscribe to this theory though, just because of all the effort that's gone into suggesting that Mei is dead. But if it all turns out to be a nice big red herring, I wouldn't mind at all.
Jan 17, 2012 8:16 AM

May 2010
Cliffhanger!! Was expecting to see something like this

Interesting episode.

Despite the overused BGM, it still brought a creepy atmosphere.
Jan 17, 2012 8:22 AM
Jan 17, 2012 8:28 AM

Mar 2011
Yeh, seemed more scary than the previous one, always thought something would pop out and scare the hell outa me so i was always on the edge of my seat:)

come out next episode!:O
Jan 17, 2012 8:43 AM

Jan 2011
I LOVED THOSE DOLLS! what i wouldn't give to put ONLY one of them in my room! and about the eye part... it ended on the worst part ever! come ON PEOPLE WHAT THE HELL!? you know i think that her eye must be totally normal cause they make a fuss over it. i mean... it's always like that? isn't it?
Jan 17, 2012 9:02 AM

Nov 2009
Cliffhanger!!

Maybe I should watch this show in a dark room.

Ali project doing the OP. I guess they really like animes where dolls are involved.
Jan 17, 2012 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
Kurimu-chan said:

Possible spoiler?

Can't wait till next week :D

I actually suspected that when Mei was talking through the doll. She said it only half-matched her when she saw its eye underneath its hair.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.