Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2012 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The group thought Natsume got one of them away while running away. The youkai friends are mad at the misunderstanding.

Madoba is giving tea to Natsume. He's interested in Natsume and wanting him to join his group. He already knew about what he's been gone through because he researched about it. Natsume rejects.

Nyanko-sensei came to the rescue but Madoba blocked his youkai power and got caught again.

The group came, and the trapped one helped Natsume by saying there's no Yuujinchou. The group is insisted on handing the yuujinchou over to them, and assuming that Natsume's the bad one.

The leader, who made peace to the forest, came to stop them. lol @ youkai friends!!

Matoba is leaving at the end. The one who got trapped with Natsume said sorry to him. He realized that the youkai with him are friends.

Little furry things next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 9, 2012 9:41 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Nyanko-sensei came to the rescue but Madoba blocked his youkai power and got caught again.
Yeah that's sad. :( I though Nyanko would get his revenge from last season's wound. That was a terrible ordeal for him.

Hope he gets Matoba soon.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 9, 2012 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Gosh Nyanko-sensei gets even more smishable with every episode I watch (and Natsume haha). I'd love a plushie of the Maneki Neko :).
Jan 9, 2012 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
Loved it!!!!

This is now my favorite episode of the series.
Jan 9, 2012 11:17 AM
Nov 2010
And the awesomeness continues, another great episode that I've liked!
Jan 9, 2012 11:17 AM

May 2009
Ooh, so beautiful! I absolutely loved this arc in the manga, and I'm so pleased with the adaptation.

Because of how squishy and adorable Nyanko-Sensei is, I sometimes forget how BAMF he is when he's in his Madara form. *.*
And ah, really, it's so heartwarming how Sensei is so attached to Natsume now, even though both of them keep claiming to want to protect the Book of Friends instead of each other. ♥

The other youkai, too, HInoe and Misuzu and those two are just love.

Also, why does Nanase seem a little obsessed with Reiko? Reiko would be about her age if she were alive, so maybe they knew each other? If I recall correctly, Nanase mentioned Reiko is famous among youkai, but... Eh, maybe that's all. But yeah, the entire Matoba clan is just so shady.
Jan 9, 2012 11:28 AM

Feb 2008
totally awesome. anime has been saved!

as for nanase's obsession, she hears about her a bit too much for a human among the youkai. there is no youkai that doesn't know her. even so, i wonder when the book of friends will really come into play.
Jan 9, 2012 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
No word can express my love for this show.
Jan 9, 2012 12:07 PM

Aug 2008
It was a short arc :) It's always nice to see Natsume having so many nakama :D

Next episode looks so cute! XD
Jan 9, 2012 12:49 PM

Jul 2011
Athena said:
And ah, really, it's so heartwarming how Sensei is so attached to Natsume now, even though both of them keep claiming to want to protect the Book of Friends instead of each other. ♥

Waiting for the episode where Sensei admits he enjoys being around Natsume. Hope it will happen someday!
Can't wait for next week!
Jan 9, 2012 1:19 PM
Jul 2010
great heart warming series :)
Jan 9, 2012 1:52 PM
Apr 2011
Great episode.
Jan 9, 2012 2:26 PM

Aug 2010
Natsume made me HHHHNNNGGG'd a lot in this episode, dem smiles.
Great episode, next monday can't come soon enough.
Jan 9, 2012 2:32 PM
Dec 2007
What a heartwarming piece of television ! It was just fantastic.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 9, 2012 2:38 PM

Apr 2010
This arc was my fave! I am so happy it got animated *.* Matoba is creepy but I like him xD
Man, Nyanko-sensei totally cracked me up in the prison with his rolling around and his "naníí" is already universal xD
and Misuzu's bells ♥
Jan 9, 2012 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
This will be one of the two shows fighting for my top anime of the season and so far it's doing amazing.
Jan 9, 2012 3:46 PM

Jul 2011
EdenBaggins said:
Athena said:

Waiting for the episode where Sensei admits he enjoys being around Natsume. Hope it will happen someday!
Can't wait for next week!

Lol, spoiler? O.o
But yes, yes, NYANKO-SENSEI!!
Jan 9, 2012 4:32 PM

Dec 2009
The youkais coming to help Natsume was so cute. <3
Jan 9, 2012 4:37 PM

Nov 2008
Liinah said:
The youkais coming to help Natsume was so cute. <3

I really loved that part. Natsume has some great friends.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 9, 2012 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
drendren said:
No word can express my love for this show.

Ugh seriously.
Jan 9, 2012 6:12 PM

Apr 2009
Aw~ I love Natsume.. His youkai friends as well as his human friends really are the best.

Jan 9, 2012 6:46 PM
Apr 2011
If Nyako-sensei was able to blast those (whatever-they-are-called) seals from within the prison cell, why was that power not used earlier to get him and Natsume out? I have overlooked this part because I was tired prior to watching this episode. =___=
Jan 9, 2012 6:52 PM

Mar 2009
maybe he needed some time to recover after being hit with whatever seal/spell matoba hit him with?
Jan 9, 2012 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
Why is this show so damn amazing? Seriously, this is why i love Brain's Base: they do such an amazing job with any series they touched (look at Mawaru Penguindrum..okay the director guy is great with symbolism but without animation, there's no anime!) and aren't afraid to be a little creative at times (if they were adapting Natsume Yuujinchou strictly, then he'd be having silver hair right now! I honestly like these sorts of changes)

Anyways, fanboying for the studio aside..it was a really good end to a short mini-arc. It had the tension moments (like that BGM when Nyanko-sensei rescued Natsume), the comedy moments (LOL Hinoe) and heartwarming (when the youkai that was imprisoned by Matoba's spell talked to Natsume and he called both youkai and humans his dear friends)

5/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 9, 2012 10:30 PM
Dec 2010
4th season in and this show never gets tiring.
Such well rounded episode.
Jan 9, 2012 11:15 PM

Jun 2011
this just keeps getting better and better every episode. i loved that his yokai friends were worried and looked for him
Jan 9, 2012 11:27 PM

Jan 2010
"I'm interested in you."

There's no hint of lust here, definitely not.

"Would you join the Matoba Clan, Natsume Takashi-kun?"

NOT GAY AT ALL.
Jan 10, 2012 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
Is it okay for me to cry now :')

Amazing Natsume streak continues. I loved it how that exorcist old woman admitted that Natsume is too powerful a rival to take on.

Everyone played their part in the Liberty of the Higashi no Mori!

Now we can all have some star gazing. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 10, 2012 2:46 AM

Jul 2010
Such a heart-warming episode, as every episode of Natsume is. :) I thought it was so cute how, when Natsume and Nyanko-sensei protected one another, they both replied that it was because they were "protecting the Book of Friends." XD Even though Nyanko-sensei was unbelievably adorable to begin with, I feel like he's becoming even more irresistible as the series progresses! It looks like we'll be returning to a bit of a slower pace next episode, which I'm looking forward to. :)
Jan 10, 2012 6:32 AM

Mar 2010
Best show of the season by far.

PS: Natsume I love yooou!!!
nairyJan 10, 2012 6:46 AM
Jan 10, 2012 8:18 AM

Jun 2008
im so teary T___T PERFECT.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 10, 2012 9:43 AM

Mar 2011
I'd love to look at the stars with them!
Jan 10, 2012 12:51 PM

Jun 2007
second episode i liked better than the first.
Nyanko-sensei is coming up weak everytime he meets Matoba, which means he is bound to kick his butt in the future.

Natsume can so be a beloved leader of Yokais i mean they all pretty much end up liking him.

I wonder for how much longer Natsume will keep the secret from the Fujiwaras
Jan 10, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, such a beautiful episode. So peaceful. But with action at the same time. I just love Natsume Yuujinchou so much :3

I loved the end.. Natsume, you do have beautiful youkai and human friends, and I envy that you can talk to youkai!!! AND LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE THEY EXIST! xD

5/5 - I don't think I've ever given less for Natsume Yuujinchou episodes :))
Jan 10, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
TowardsTheStars said:
I'd love to look at the stars with them!

IKR. I WAS ALL. I WANNA BE THERE. Lolol.
Jan 10, 2012 4:01 PM

Jun 2011
Grr. I really hope Matoba gets what's coming to him, like some quality with Nyanko-sensei.
Jan 10, 2012 8:20 PM

Nov 2006
Whoever let the script get released in this state needs to be shot.

There was also a ton of QUALITY in this episode ... not sure where that came from at all. It's really sad to see because this series deserves much more care and isn't usually like this. Oh well, guess it'll all be fixed on the BDs .........

On the bright side, Natsume smiled a lot!

webkid94 said:
(look at Mawaru Penguindrum..okay the director guy is great with symbolism but without animation, there's no anime!)
I hate Penguindrum so I have to reply to this.
>penguindrum
>animation
>good

Jan 10, 2012 9:08 PM

May 2009
Flawless show is flawless.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 10, 2012 9:14 PM

Jan 2010
If Natsume actually utilized his little army of loyal youkai every once in awhile he wouldn't get into these situations.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jan 11, 2012 7:35 AM

May 2010
"Bring me a drink. Bring me a squid."

Nyanko-sensei never ceased to be awesome. :D
Jan 11, 2012 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
Seems Matoba is mainly interesting in Natsume's power but also in his personality there seem to be things they can't explain which there interested in.
Also seems like the old lady knew Natsume Reiko's name way back and there seems to be a form of hatred towards her.
I was almost thinking that Motaba would force Natsume into his clan wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly appears with a girl and forces Natsume to marry her.
Jan 11, 2012 12:46 PM

Nov 2010
CocoNoelle said:

Man, Nyanko-sensei totally cracked me up in the prison with his rolling around and his "naníí" is already universal xD

Same. i loved his rolling around and demanding squid and a drink. if i was in this series i think i would always want to be hugging Nyanko-sensi like Taki Tooru does.
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Jan 11, 2012 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
Another brilliant episode; slight modification from the manga to fit the winter season and the last few scenes were altered too but all in all the extra stuff they put (Misuzu and Hinoe's increased screen time) were awesome :D
I was slightly disappointed at the lack of Natsume wearing the kimono at the end instead of the sweater but that's only minor
Lol at the end, Natsume humming iron and liver XD This show is always the highlight of any season it airs in
Jan 11, 2012 8:06 PM

Feb 2009
I'm starting to realize I ship Natsume with, well, everyone. asjadgysgydg;;kjk <3
Another great episode of Natsume Yuujinchou. Is crazy to think is the 4th season, we got 41 episodes by now and it's just not enough for me... Especially now with more characters and back story (but I like the episodic kind of thing too).
One thing that got my attention is about Natsume's parents. Did they ever showed why they died? Is it explored in the manga or the only thing mentioned is "died when he was young"? And Natsume in a orphanage makes me sad. ;A;
Anyway, this surely still a 10 for me. Cute creature in the next episode...?! I want to watch it!
Jan 11, 2012 9:19 PM

Feb 2009
I really don't understand the magic of this show and all I really do know is that I love it so much and I already feel sad that the season will end eventually and this is just episode two.

I want episode three.
o genki desu ka
Jan 13, 2012 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
Oh man, wow, but is it me or the animation this episode was marvellous? I had my eyes glued to the screen admiring those beautiful backgrounds, as well. Must be the amount of money Brain’s Base got with last season’s good-selling BDs and stuff.

This episode was immensely amazing, as ever <3 Set the perfect end to this arc.
I can’t help but feel like I’ve been drinking happiness all day just as I begin to watch an episode. It’s nice seeing Hinoe and Mizuzu again. OH NYANKO-SENSEI, WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABLE.

“Iron, iron, liver, liver.” … how can you be this cute, Natsume?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jan 13, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
I don't understand how this show just continually improves season to season, I can't even describe how much more I've come to like this as time has passed. This episode was just fantastic, I'd love to see a little more backstory in to Matoba as the season goes on, but I'll take whatever I get.
Jan 13, 2012 7:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This show is magical because it's about friendship that transcends the barrier between human and spirits.

Now next episode looks really cute. Fur balls!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 13, 2012 8:03 PM

Jul 2011
Nyanko-sensei rolling on the floor was hilarious! But I can't help but wonder...He was able to bust himself and Natsume out of Matoba's prison pretty easily, so why didn't he just break out right away instead of just rolling on the floor? :\
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Jan 14, 2012 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
Who else wants a shirt or a banner that says "Dogs' Circle" on it? :)

To also add, Natsume could make a killer living as a writer. He could keep living in the countryside & make a book series where he's the main character. An autobiography that comes off as too fantastical to be seen as such.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ClementIV - Mar 26, 2012

209 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 9, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2012

89 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jan 23, 2012

102 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 13, 2012

85 by JoJoLaRow »»
Feb 20, 3:22 PM

» Why wouldn't Natsume learn magic?

jihe - Mar 19, 2012

8 by Nakuy »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.