Forum Settings
Forums

J.C. Staff To Run Six Anime in Winter 2012

New
Nov 12, 2011 8:14 PM

Feb 2008
According to Animedia, new anime Ano Natsu de Matteru was announced to be aired from January 2012. The production studio is J.C. Staff.

Ano Natsu de Matteru official website

J.C.Staff's anime in Winter 2012
Shakugan no Shana III (Final)
Bakuman 2
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2
Kill Me Baby
Zero no Tsukaima F
Ano Natsu de Matteru

In addition, J.C. Staff is producing Toaru Majutsu no Index Movie.

Source: Scan of Animedia
dtshykNov 12, 2011 8:16 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 12, 2011 8:17 PM

Dec 2010
Uhh... well it's not an adaptation so maybe it'll work out
Nov 12, 2011 8:19 PM

Jun 2008
I should catch up on ZnT so I can be watching all of them.

Oh and Milky Holmes but I already planned on watching that anyway.
Nov 12, 2011 8:21 PM

Jun 2009
No wonder, one of character from Ano Natsu similar to Taiga...
Nov 12, 2011 8:24 PM

Sep 2007
Surprised they actually have the funds to do this. The latest Shana ep was pretty derpy.
Nov 12, 2011 8:24 PM

Jan 2010
A season of QUALITY awaits us.
Ok™
Nov 12, 2011 8:27 PM

Oct 2010
Hmmm..... I smell the quality of animation dropping already.
I just hope they prioritize Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, and Bakuman.
"El Psy Congroo"
Nov 12, 2011 8:32 PM

Sep 2011
McRib said:
understatement of the eyar, we can expect the bets animaton EVAR this winter,

cause you know when you think jc staff you think fluent and non sexual animation

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 12, 2011 8:33 PM

Nov 2007
only interested in SNS and ZNT

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Nov 12, 2011 8:37 PM

Jul 2009
Haha will be waiting to see how many they put out in the spring :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2009
I like J.C. Staff. Very good studio. The Slayers series is my personal favorite by them.

Sep 2011
TreF said:
Anime industry
Good management

Choose one

quality animation
good management

chose one JC, cause jokes on you, you get neither

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 12, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 will top all other 5 combined.
...just noticed I will be watching all 6. ಠ_ಠ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2011 8:48 PM

Oct 2007
This winter will rock.
Nov 12, 2011 8:49 PM

Feb 2010
As long as the quality won't drop.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 12, 2011 9:03 PM

Jul 2010
awww yeah ;D

Nov 12, 2011 9:03 PM

Jun 2009
I guess i'll check it out....don't know what to expect...
Nov 12, 2011 9:06 PM

Jun 2011
I don't mind retarded fanservice in my animes. I have no quarrels with J.C. Staff.

Sure they can't adapt a light novel for shit, but I wouldn't say they're the WORST out there.
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Nov 12, 2011 9:10 PM

Jun 2010
Well at least Kill Me Baby doesn't really need a big animation budget anyways...

Only other one of these I'm watching is AnoNatsu.
Nov 12, 2011 9:16 PM

Aug 2009
Damn. I was actually looking pretty forward to Kill Me Baby. I thought that it looked kinda funny. But when the funds look like they're going to be that low...
Nov 12, 2011 9:25 PM

May 2010
J.C. Staff is active. try7 to get their game up.
Nov 12, 2011 9:30 PM

Nov 2009
A good thing? A bad thing? /sigh

It's not looking to good with too much work.
Nov 12, 2011 9:36 PM

Jun 2009
I will be watching 2 of them and may watch another 2 of them damn
Nov 12, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2009
So J.C. Staff, awful studio, that aiming on otaku, doing great? It's terrible news, folks, condition of our beloved industry keep coming worse.
Nov 12, 2011 10:05 PM

Jun 2010
Good job. J.C Staff always brings happiness. Ill be watching everything except tantei opera milky homes 2.

Thanks for your hard work J.C Staff! Thanks for the Tsunderes!
Nov 12, 2011 10:05 PM

Sep 2011
Steve7125 said:
So J.C. Staff, awful studio, that aiming on otaku, doing great? It's terrible news, folks, condition of our beloved industry keep coming worse.

JC staff doign greta with a multitude of animations that will be huge

bones a great studio with many heavy hitters under their belt bordering on bankruptcy

am i the only one seeing the problem here?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 12, 2011 10:15 PM

Dec 2008
People do have to realize that the goal of any industry/production studio is to make money.

And who are the people who are providing that money? Otaku.

And that is exactly what JC Staff's anime are targeted at, and so long as it brings in the money, then content isn't a problem.

And just because it's the same studio, doesn't mean that every show they make is sharing a shared budget are they? Don't different people work on different shows and different sponsors/producers fund each individual show? Unless of course the same people are working on multiple shows.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Nov 12, 2011 10:15 PM

Jan 2010
McRib said:

yeah. they are already on steady decline.
Nov 12, 2011 10:44 PM

Jul 2011
Why does the G -rated one seem like it'll have a ton of fan service.
Nov 12, 2011 10:49 PM

Jul 2009
Misdreavius said:
People do have to realize that the goal of any industry/production studio is to make money.

It's absolutely true. But you can create something incredibly awesome like Fate:Zero or something new in old known, like Madoka.

But studios like J.C.Staff never create something new from stand of quality or ideas, they just stamp another pantsu-harem anime, that's why it's awful.
Nov 12, 2011 11:52 PM

Aug 2009
Can't be helped. JC works in that way. Just like SHAFT works with schedule destruction po☆wah, Kyoto ani works with moe po☆wah, Sunrise works with Gundam po☆wah; JC staff works with series multiplication po☆wah.
Nov 12, 2011 11:55 PM
Feb 2011
Steve7125 said:
Misdreavius said:

It's absolutely true. But you can create something incredibly awesome like Fate:Zero or something new in old known, like Madoka.

But studios like J.C.Staff never create something new from stand of quality or ideas, they just stamp another pantsu-harem anime, that's why it's awful.

You do realize that majority of what JC Staff is doing are adaptations, thus you don't expect them to "create something new" (unless you consider fucking up the source material as "creating something new", which is JC Staff's expertise).

Creating original work has higher risks compared to making adaptations. That's why, you see, even if original works like Madoka and Tiger & Bunny succeed, production companies don't readily jump on that trend.
Nov 12, 2011 11:56 PM
Feb 2011
Steve7125 said:
Misdreavius said:

You do realize that majority of what JC Staff is doing are adaptations, thus you don't expect them to "create something new" (unless you consider fucking up the source material as "creating something new", which is JC Staff's expertise).

Creating original work has higher risks compared to making adaptations. That's why, you see, even if original works like Madoka and Tiger & Bunny succeed, production companies don't readily jump on that trend.
Nov 12, 2011 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
I don't think I'll like the characters.
Nov 12, 2011 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
I don't think I'll like the characters.
Nov 13, 2011 12:07 AM
Nov 2011
Where's Kaichou Wa Maid Sama D:!
Nov 13, 2011 12:08 AM

Aug 2010
I've learned not to expect much of J.C. Staff. If there are no hopes they can destroy, some of their stuff are entertaining for what they are worth. Having said that, this many shows in one season is not necessarily a good idea.
Nov 13, 2011 12:41 AM

Jun 2010
index (movie), shana and zero no tsukaima in one season sounds awesome~! high hopes for the staff of j.c. staff.
Nov 13, 2011 12:49 AM

Jul 2009
Dark_Pride said:
Creating original work has higher risks compared to making adaptations.

How I could call it? Stockholm Syndrome? Why you concoct an excuses for mistakes of the other people? Direction of J.C.Staff don't wonna risk? It's their own problem, not yours, not mine.

If you always acting by one barely working scheme, you will never came from mediocrity to something great.

Look on the other studies, like SHAFT, KyoAni, Sunrise, they all produce some shows through boring patterns, but from the other side, they experimenting, try new things, work on something rare. Like Tiger and Bunny, Nichijou (it failed in sales, but it's greatest comedy for years), Madoka etc. J.C.Staff never create something so awesome. It just impossible for that bunch of hacks.
Mika_LokonenNov 13, 2011 12:52 AM
Nov 13, 2011 1:18 AM

May 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Steve7125 said:

J.C Staff is not an awful Studio. Your post means you don't know anything about Anime you newb. Go watch cartoons...

>he has 517 entries
>you have 213
>he joined in '09
>you joined in '10

A quick look at the profiles of the two of you show that not only is he less of a "newb" than you are, he actually has watched a larger variety. I'm sorry, but sometimes opinions differ from yours. That doesn't make you correct, nor does it make you look correct when you make such claims.

Anyway, I can't say I'm thrilled at this - I don't having running more series will be of any real benefit to them (quality-wise), but we'll see.
Nov 13, 2011 1:25 AM

Sep 2010
I hope this doesn't have a drop in quality as result, it's important to finish SnS in a great way.
Nov 13, 2011 1:46 AM

May 2009
Quantity over quality? Will we be forced to make the decision?

But seriously, I'd rather they spread out the series and do a good job for each of them. This looks like its going to flood the market and the last thing we want is for them to rush 6 pieces in a season and have a dry spell for 6 years
mikhailnNov 13, 2011 2:22 AM
Nov 13, 2011 2:55 AM

Jun 2009
Oh? That's a suprise, like really. Not a positive one though, as we'll get QUALITY season.
I'm only watching Ano Natsu de Matteru and possibly Index movie anyways. So i hope they don't fuck up with those 2 at least.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 13, 2011 3:05 AM

Apr 2009
dtshyk said:
Ano Natsu de Matteru

the synopsis said:
The anime will be an adolescent romantic comedy.

God! What a surprise! A romantic comedy from J.C. Staff! I can't believe it...
So, more QUALITY, more moronic stories, more unlikable characters... great. Just fucking great.

Nov 13, 2011 3:15 AM

Nov 2008
Well that's just grand, I'm sure they can handle it expertly.
Then again, none of this looks promising anyway. Might as well get it out of the way soon.
Nov 13, 2011 3:29 AM

Jan 2010
Well, I was on planning on watching all of them XD Nice nice~
Nov 13, 2011 3:58 AM
Feb 2011
Steve7125 said:
Dark_Pride said:
Creating original work has higher risks compared to making adaptations.

How I could call it? Stockholm Syndrome? Why you concoct an excuses for mistakes of the other people? Direction of J.C.Staff don't wonna risk? It's their own problem, not yours, not mine.

If you always acting by one barely working scheme, you will never came from mediocrity to something great.

Look on the other studies, like SHAFT, KyoAni, Sunrise, they all produce some shows through boring patterns, but from the other side, they experimenting, try new things, work on something rare. Like Tiger and Bunny, Nichijou (it failed in sales, but it's greatest comedy for years), Madoka etc. J.C.Staff never create something so awesome. It just impossible for that bunch of hacks.

JC Staff isn't the only one suffering from that. Just how many original (non-adaptation) work do you think smaller studios like Feel, ZEXCS, asread, Daume, Hal Film Maker, DEEN, Studio Comet, etc. have produced? Do you think you can give more than 3 for those studios? I think not.

It's a fact that creating an original anime is risky.
* They have no existing fanbase (adaptations have their existing fanbase, thus when the anime is produced there's a higher probability that those fanbase will buy the anime adaptation).
* It's hard to get sponsors (anime studios aren't the one funding the adaptations. Usually, it's publishers like Kadokawa, Media Factory, Shougakukan, etc. Wanna know the reason why we have at least 1 eroge adaptation per season even though they don't sell? Reason it to promote the game).
* Of course, if they can make an original anime, usually it's merchandise driven (you see why Jewelpet reaches Season 3, or anime like Lilpri is produced. See those Battle Spirit that reached 5 seasons? They have automatic merchandise. Why did Black Rock Shooter got an anime adaptation?).
* And there's the children and shounen shows like Naruto. Those are usually sponsored by TV stations like TV Tokyo, thus DVD/BR sales are usually irrelevant. Those are shown on morning or primetime.
* Outside of those, you can't see original anime often. You see, even if the show flopped, the studio won't be affected, it's those sponsors.

Shows like Madoka are rare. You want to see original anime that flopped? There's a reason why Anime no Chikara was discontinued.

EDIT: Guess which studios have the leisure to create original productions. Sunrise? Toei? Those are big studios. Madhouse? It's a subsidiary of NTV, thus it doesn't necessarily depend on DVD sales.

EDIT 2: KyoAni and Shaft don't really have much original productions.
Dark_PrideNov 13, 2011 4:06 AM
Nov 13, 2011 4:02 AM

Aug 2009
Psyxwar said:
-MgZ_ said:
Steve7125 said:

J.C Staff is not an awful Studio. Your post means you don't know anything about Anime you newb. Go watch cartoons...

>he has 517 entries
>you have 213
>he joined in '09
>you joined in '10

A quick look at the profiles of the two of you show that not only is he less of a "newb" than you are, he actually has watched a larger variety. I'm sorry, but sometimes opinions differ from yours. That doesn't make you correct, nor does it make you look correct when you make such claims.
The★Best★Way★to construct★argument★ever. Let's say this, my list only has 2/3 of anime I've watched. Thus, that makes me newb to anime fandom, when I've watched animation in Korea since I was very young? Piss of shit.

Saying "Industry is getting worse", calling JC "awful studio", saying bad things about Otakus when himself clearly contributes nothing to actual industry, means that person is automatically newb to anime. *Big fat middle finger*

Steve7125 said:
Sunrise: Gundam★Milking★for★Decades
SHAFT: Schedule★Destruction★Powah
Kyoani: ...and experiment? DOHOHOHOHO. Kyoani is, one of the most conservative studio, ever.
ringoo4Nov 13, 2011 4:06 AM
Nov 13, 2011 4:03 AM

Jun 2011
Zero no Tsukaima F and To Aru Majutsu no Index Movie....can't wait till next year to come~
Nov 13, 2011 4:12 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
39 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
41 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.