Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2011 9:46 PM

Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was easy~

So, Fam and Giselle successfully stole a shop, quick and efficient

The princess, Millia, is currently obsess with rebuilding the country
Wants to taking over part of the ship eh?~

I was funny when they pull out all kinds of weapon from the KITCHEN XD
Nov 12, 2011 12:45 AM
Apr 2011
Nice episode.
Nov 12, 2011 3:28 AM

Jun 2009
Nice episode but I hoped there would be more flying....Oh well it seems next episode is for that:D
Can't wait:)
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Nov 12, 2011 4:34 AM

Sep 2011
The ades uniform looks great on fam and giselle LOL. Dio is actually a member of sylvius?? That's interesting, no wonder he's a superb pilot. Great episode!
Nov 12, 2011 4:38 AM

Sep 2011
Nice episode. I'm starting to like this series even though I haven't watched the first series of Last Exile. I can't wait for the next episodes! Really glad that Animax Asia is broadcasting this.

Nov 12, 2011 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
jay729 said:
Nice episode. I'm starting to like this series even though I haven't watched the first series of Last Exile. I can't wait for the next episodes! Really glad that Animax Asia is broadcasting this.

yeah, the preview of the next episode looks awesome! looks like it's going to be full of action next week. it's also great that animax have replays, i'm going to watch it again. LOL
Nov 12, 2011 5:16 AM

May 2009
Den-kun said:
The ades uniform looks great on fam and giselle LOL. Dio is actually a member of sylvius?? That's interesting, no wonder he's a superb pilot. Great episode!

Tatiana, Alis (her name's really Alister so it's not Alice) and Dio were all characters from the first Last Exile. It's hard to explain all the details, the best thing is to watch the first to find out how it is connected. :)
Nov 12, 2011 5:26 AM

Aug 2010
Versus Who Dio was playing chess?
Nov 13, 2011 1:38 AM
Apr 2010
Den-kun said:
jay729 said:

yeah, the preview of the next episode looks awesome! looks like it's going to be full of action next week. it's also great that animax have replays, i'm going to watch it again. LOL

I watch almost all replays of it. Haha.

nedstark1990 said:

I wonder who that is, too.
Nov 13, 2011 3:47 AM
Nov 2011
nedstark1990 said:

Recuise Dagobert from the old Silvana; probably.
Nov 13, 2011 3:52 AM

Aug 2010
kumoenvy said:
nedstark1990 said:

I was totally forgetting him
Nov 13, 2011 9:38 AM

Jul 2011
Not the most realistic, but still really enjoyable.

4/5
mdzNov 13, 2011 5:20 PM
Nov 13, 2011 6:00 PM

May 2010
Time to look for a nice kitchen to declare my new country :X
Nov 13, 2011 7:26 PM

May 2011
A rather disappointing episode for me. First, because of Millia who for some inexplicable reason (in the Last Exile world, not in the real world, because we all now Gonzo needs to sell a lot of merchandise) went parading around in a maid outfit to procure some land for her Turan government in exile. Second, because of the stupidity off those Ades soldiers for believing a bunch of girls are real soldiers who are supposedly entrusted with important messages. Really, Dio is fast becoming the only redeeming point for me in this series. That scene, where Dio seems to be playing some chess with his old mate Recuise Dagobert was the highlight of this episode for me.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Nov 13, 2011 9:24 PM

Apr 2009
gandalf8 said:
because of Millia [... ...] went parading around in a maid outfit to procure some land for her Turan government in exile.
I'm with you on this. It was very out of place and killed some of the vibe. Well, I actually would have been ok with the outfit, if it weren't for Alis' comment on cosplaying. They could have made it like they're poking fun at her not knowing that it was another nation's servant attire, have her wear that to tease her. Seriously, cosplaying in the Steampunk era? That's just a little too far off my willing suspension of disbelief.

gandalf8 said:
Second, because of the stupidity off those Ades soldiers for believing a bunch of girls are real soldiers who are supposedly entrusted with important messages.
My interpretation is that things like child soldiers probably wasn't that uncommon. In the previous season, we have young girls being sent to war and of course the Guild's sadistic battle royale etc.

gandalf8 said:
Really, Dio is fast becoming the only redeeming point for me in this series. That scene, where Dio seems to be playing some chess with his old mate Recuise Dagobert was the highlight of this episode for me.
I don't dislike Fam and Gisey but I certainly would prefer having Dio as the protagonist.
Nov 13, 2011 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
A new Kartoffel? This doesn't make sense to me, I'm pretty sure kartoffel is German for potato.

Nov 13, 2011 11:26 PM
Oct 2011
Thought the episode was quite enjoyable even if I could have done without the cosplay, or as Nilvius said even then it would have felt better if Alister's throwaway line was different as mentioned before to fit the setting better rather than using the term "cosplay", but no big deal that's just one tiny moment in 5 great eps, the rest of the ep was really good.

Can't wait to see what the likely multiple purposes of stealing the ships is going to be too.

nedstark1990 said:
kumoenvy said:
nedstark1990 said:

I loved seeing them get to play chess again. :)
DangerMouseDMNov 13, 2011 11:37 PM
Nov 14, 2011 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
Okay, I've had enough; this is a disgrace to the original series. Dropped.
Nov 14, 2011 3:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
(grins and giggles)

Silly, but I still liked it. I would have been happier had Olaf and crew had to at least pull out guns to capture some of the enemy crew, but oh well.

It's a standard cliche that Empires have more than a few incompetent political leaders more concerned about appearance than function - the point was Fam and Gisey did their homework, knew their target, and planned accordingly, instead of some half ass on the spot impromptu. Their target's weak spot was a little far fetched, but if some 'captain' who didn't know port from wine owed his commission and career to the good will of his parents' title and wealth (which was often quite common in 17th and 18th century Europe, by the way)...

Millia - again, silly, but she is very much the fish out of water. She's a kid with absolutely no idea how to do ANYTHING suddenly finding she has to do ANYTHING other than what she has done, which was rely on her father (or older sister). Earlier in the episode she observed first hand the affect she could have on some of the crew, and while lacking any experience she's not dumb. A maids outfit was just a poor choice for combat gear in her quest to acquire a new homeland, and she got the kicking she deserved. To her credit, when opportunity presented itself she took it with both hands. Tatiana was probably just looking for an excuse to do something other than dump potentially useful royalty.
CratexNov 14, 2011 3:54 PM
Nov 14, 2011 5:47 PM

Sep 2008
Occupy Silvius has begun.
Nov 14, 2011 10:33 PM

Jul 2011
Not really happy with this one. Any respect I had for Millia is also now gone. Setting aside the maid outfit, which was ridiculous and made no sense, the episode showed her as little more than a naive idiot. I sure wouldn't want to follow her anywhere. Idiots don't make good leaders, sorry. The only reason her moronic plan worked is Tatiana was nice enough to back her. She could have just as easily been shot in the face. If it was me I probably would have had her locked up.

Fam is wearing on me more and more, too. Beginning to think the only reason Fam is able to do anything is because of Gisey. The only thing she can seem to do is pilot and she hasn't even shown a huge amount of skill at that.
Nov 14, 2011 11:19 PM

Jul 2008
I am actually really enjoying this series. I think it helps that I'm shipping Millia and Fam hard. I'm sure Millia will grow up a little as the series goes on.

I loved watching Dio interact with the old crew. :D I watched the old series so long ago that my memories of it are nice and nostalgic now.

BEGINNER
Nov 15, 2011 6:08 AM

May 2009
gandalf8 said:
A rather disappointing episode for me. First, because of Millia who for some inexplicable reason (in the Last Exile world, not in the real world, because we all now Gonzo needs to sell a lot of merchandise) went parading around in a maid outfit to procure some land for her Turan government in exile.

I completely agree with you, Gonzo tries its hardest to pander to the lolicons at the expense of suspension of disbelief. Really, cosplay in a steampunk series?! It wasn't enough for them to create Strike Witches and Saki, now they also want to fill other good series, like Last Exile, with lolicon fanservice. Really Gonzo, stop pandering to the paedophiles out there and stick to your true fans.

And speaking of lolis, who is supposed to be Augusta and why she has so much authority? It's like Testarossa from FMP, a sweet-voiced girl in charge of a nuclear submarine. Who is so stupid to put unexperienced girls in charge of political and military offices?

gandalf8 said:
Second, because of the stupidity off those Ades soldiers for believing a bunch of girls are real soldiers who are supposedly entrusted with important messages.

To be fair, in the Last Exile verse, child soldiers seem to be very common. We don't know what's the situation on Earth, but it's safe to assume that it's the same as Prester. The real problem is that the fat prince is a freaking moron.

gandalf8 said:
Really, Dio is fast becoming the only redeeming point for me in this series. That scene, where Dio seems to be playing some chess with his old mate Recuise Dagobert was the highlight of this episode for me.

When did you see that scene? I can't remember it.
Nov 15, 2011 11:13 AM
Feb 2009
I love it and I listened an old ost in the series!

Personally I'm confuse about the objectives of the little queen. If she want 1 nation why she didn't accepted the peace?

Also,the captain of the battleship was in the old series too!
Nov 15, 2011 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad to see Miyu-Miyu voicing in this anime, even if it's just minor character!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 15, 2011 3:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Arashi89 said:

It was right after Fam, Gisey, Olaf and others returned with the captured Ades Fed battleship, when Millia was broadcasting over the kitchen mike that she had claimed the mess hall as her new territory for her Government in Exile.
Nov 15, 2011 3:09 PM

Apr 2009
Cratex said:
Arashi89 said:

It was right after Fam, Gisey, Olaf and others returned with the captured Ades Fed battleship, when Millia was broadcasting over the kitchen mike that she had claimed the mess hall as her new territory.
It was just a small scene with no dialogues between them.
Nov 16, 2011 2:07 AM

May 2009
Nilvius said:
Cratex said:
Arashi89 said:

It was right after Fam, Gisey, Olaf and others returned with the captured Ades Fed battleship, when Millia was broadcasting over the kitchen mike that she had claimed the mess hall as her new territory.
It was just a small scene with no dialogues between them.

Ah, now I see it. Thank you guys! :)
Nov 16, 2011 2:45 AM

Jul 2009
nedstark1990 said:

Probably Lescius Dagobert, since the two were pretty close in the first series. As soon as I saw that scene, I was half hoping they would show his face. It's great that they're including so many references from the original series.

Giselle using the sextant to determine the position and heading of the Silvius is just like Alister had done when she and Claus went with Alex Row to meet Vincent Alzey. Of course, then, Alister would tell Olaf to assist them after he noticed Giselle's skill.

That trumpet parade right before the eyecatch made me nostalgic of the first series...

Motchinha said:
Personally I'm confuse about the objectives of the little queen. If she want 1 nation why she didn't accepted the peace?

There was no peace in the first place. Luscinia marched into Turan with an invasion fleet planning on betraying the peace agreement. Unfortunately for Turan, they wre not ready for this.
arsonalNov 16, 2011 2:48 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Nov 16, 2011 5:48 AM

Jul 2011
arsonal said:
Motchinha said:

There was no peace in the first place. Luscinia marched into Turan with an invasion fleet planning on betraying the peace agreement. Unfortunately for Turan, they wre not ready for this.

Pretty sure the question was about the Ades Federation's leader, Sara. Turan wanted peace so the Federation had no reason to attack like that if their only desire was peace. It wasn't, though. The one nation thing that is being said now seems to be an excuse to take over the world. As to why Sara wants to take over the world, who knows. Could be because of some warped notion of peace or it could be something else entirely. Having a child ruler is strange anyway. Would be shocked if someone wasn't pulling the strings.
TanrimNov 16, 2011 5:53 AM
Nov 16, 2011 6:03 AM

Jul 2009
Ah, that actually made sense the second time I read it. Thanks, Tanrim.

We still know too little about Sara. As mentioned I suspect she is a puppet ruler, being controlled by the ambitions of Luscinia. I suspect

Another possibility is to look at the clues already made available to us. Farahnaz, her mother, seems to have died during the Grand Race ten years ago, which was supposed to herald an era of peace. Perhaps it was terrorism, perhaps it was an accident, but whatever happened seems to have made the Ades Federation believe that peace through diplomacy was not going to work. Instead, they now want to (re)unite the lands through force.
Nov 16, 2011 9:22 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
arsonal said:
Instead, they now want to (re)unite the lands through force.

I think it goes way beyond that - their stated intent was to return the land to their 'rightful' owners and they have mentioned several times that the available land was not enough for everyone, that the Exile returnees had no right to the land they occupied. In particular, Luscinia has stated that this is a war of annihilation, not just simple conquest. As well there was the one briefing session where the Augusta talked about making sure that a tribe of people who had suffered a bad winter were given back their original land taken from them by the Turans.

This is a war of Lebensraum.
CratexNov 16, 2011 9:29 AM
Nov 16, 2011 4:09 PM

Jul 2011
Cratex said:
arsonal said:
Instead, they now want to (re)unite the lands through force.

I think it goes way beyond that - their stated intent was to return the land to their 'rightful' owners and they have mentioned several times that the available land was not enough for everyone, that the Exile returnees had no right to the land they occupied. In particular, Luscinia has stated that this is a war of annihilation, not just simple conquest. As well there was the one briefing session where the Augusta talked about making sure that a tribe of people who had suffered a bad winter were given back their original land taken from them by the Turans.

This is a war of Lebensraum.

Is it really because they want to return lost land to people or is that just a convenient excuse for the public? Much like spouting peace while destroying a whole city. Maybe I'm not understanding the Lebensraum concept correctly but it doesn't seem to mesh with returning land to someone else. Lebensraum sounds like taking land from someone else, removing them, and taking it over for yourself so you have more space to expand. Like I said, maybe I'm missing something.

At this point it doesn't seem like the Ades Federation is doing anything more than simply expanding their territory by invasion and intimidation. The Exile was dropped on the mostly empty capital city of the Turan Kingdom and wiped it out. There are still other Turan cities that are still around. All the people as well, including the ones from the capital itself.
TanrimNov 16, 2011 4:13 PM
Nov 16, 2011 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Tanrim said:
Maybe I'm not understanding the Lebensraum concept correctly but it doesn't seem to mesh with returning land to someone else. Lebensraum sounds like taking land from someone else, removing them, and taking it over for yourself so you have more space to expand. Like I said, maybe I'm missing something.

At this point it doesn't seem like the Ades Federation is doing anything more than simply expanding their territory by invasion and intimidation.

If she considers all people not descended from exiles as her people, there's no issue, now is there?

The idea they're touting is that the people who came back to Earth should not be here due to there not being enough land/resources, and the land should belong to those who were there before the return of the exiles. That fits quite squarely into the notion of Lebensraum (we need land, we don't care about you). We have conveniently not seen the plan for what is going to be done to those who returned to Earth after their territory is taken, but I should point out that even Hitler did not intend to force out all non-Germans. Good slave labor is still good slave labor.
Nov 16, 2011 6:34 PM

Jul 2011
That assumes Turan even took land from someone else which, at this point, we don't know as fact. Just because the Ades Federation said that's want happened doesn't mean it's true.

Not saying Turan didn't take what they had from others 200 years ago or whenever this supposedly happened but it might not have gone down that way.

Honestly I don't think we know enough to say whatever happened, what is going on, and what will happen right now. Not enough solid information. Most of what we have is a little stuff we've seen first hand, Ades Federation public (propaganda) speeches, and a little back room chit chat.

In the end I suspect the Ades Federation isn't as bad as we, the viewer, are made to believe and the Turan Kingdom isn't as innocent. But, yeah, not enough information to say for sure now. Would help if we knew what happened to the other Turan cities, for one. Were all the people enslaved or were the cities just absorbed and more or less the same other then the flag they fly? It might be too early to even know that, though.
Nov 16, 2011 6:52 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Tanrim said:
In the end I suspect the Ades Federation isn't as bad as we, the viewer, are made to believe and the Turan Kingdom isn't as innocent.

I do suspect you are correct on that count. I'm watching this with my 11 year old son and I've taken pains to point out that very thing to him.

Tanrim said:
But, yeah, not enough information to say for sure now. Would help if we knew what happened to the other Turan cities, for one. Were all the people enslaved or were the cities just absorbed and more or less the same other then the flag they fly? It might be too early to even know that, though.

My opinion about the nature of the war is, as you mentioned, based mostly on what appears to be implication and propaganda, but I think there are enough hints otherwise that it is what is happening. We shall just have to wait and see how this plays out :)
Nov 16, 2011 10:15 PM

Jul 2009
Tanrim said:
In the end I suspect the Ades Federation isn't as bad as we, the viewer, are made to believe and the Turan Kingdom isn't as innocent.

"All the world's a stage..."

As with the original series, there's always a back room puppeteer.
Nov 17, 2011 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Tanrim said:

Which goes back to my post for the first ep of a "WTF ANOTHER "WWII" ANIME???"

Germany wasn't bad as it was made to believe (the Nazis were bad, but Germany as a whole wasn't necessarily "evil" - hence there were even conflict between the SS and the Army's "Prussians").

The Allies were good, but then there's the Token Evil Teammate called the USSR...
Nov 18, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
nedstark1990 said:
kumoenvy said:
nedstark1990 said:

Well I saw the series several years ago and I immediately thought "Hey it's the old geezer maintaning the Silvana Claudia unit." even though he's back was turned and only Dio was facing the screen. XD

Ades is unifying the entire planet with the little girl as the political figurehead? O_o Or maybe I'm reading too much on her speech during the ceremony...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 19, 2011 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
Aria_Amanchu said:
Time to look for a nice kitchen to declare my new country :X

alchmi start in the kitchen
[full metal alchmest]

country start in the kitchen
[last exil]
Aug 2, 2012 5:35 PM

Nov 2007
A bit letdown because of how easy they got the ship. Average episode.
Dec 8, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2012
Nice costume you've got there princess :p and well an easy first victory so let's see what's next!
Feb 2, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
Now Turan has a 1-man government, two people as population and a kitchen. Yay for new country! XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 22, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2007
Yes, parading around in a maid outfit simply screams "Give me respect!" Obviously Japan decided to step out of the steampunk genre and went straight to loli fetishes. That alone makes me weep for the Last Exile that came before this. The only things that are remotely Last Exile are the soundtrack and backgrounds. Even the past characters are starting to feel like cheap shadows.
Dec 27, 2021 5:42 AM
Jun 2020
Now I understand why a lot of people said this sequel suck lmao, like seriously loli aside, the Princess is a dumbass for trying to make a base in other people home and with the kitchen. How old is she??? 15 shouldn't be this dumbass or she really sheltered due to being a princess. I agree with other users mentioned about the predominant Loli casts, feel really unusual moe, hell they are far more annoying. At least Lavie is quite rational while Valca is just a typical MC with some flaws, not sure about these two lolis MCs but Fam is annoying loud lmao and very Mary Sue.
Feb 21, 2023 7:24 PM
Jul 2021
This show keep on getting more and more infantile by the episode! If Claus had tried to pull half the shenanigans this perfect little cvnt princess fam, fam pulls he would have been smacked in the face so fast that he would have broken some speed record or something.

The wonder team (fam, fam, fam, fam and that giselle chick) manage to "steal" a warship in the most simplistic way possible! This is beyond infantile, this is insulting the source material and the fans of the real series.

Even the new little vespa thinggy the wonder team flies around is idiotic, horrible designed. How in the name of everything that is sacred is this turd of a show has a 7.07 score? Who are the morons giving this POS of a show a high score? Only an idiot could like/enjoy this half polished trud of a show.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Oct 21, 2011

47 by -Dark_Flame- »»
Dec 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2012

78 by K-cong »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Oct 14, 2011

87 by Suricatta413 »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 15 Discussion

Shih - Feb 3, 2012

26 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam Episode 14 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 27, 2012

22 by Dawizz »»
Mar 9, 2023 12:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.