3It was OK
9.2%
2Disliked it
0.8%
1Hated it
3.1%
Average 4.5
131 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2011 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol @ Kotobuki-san's character and golden hair guy.

Huge guy... and another guy appears.

The writing by the girl who cannot see is nice. How she met both Horizon and Toori, and she wants Toori to save Horizon. That led Toori to "wake up" (actually was doing his usual thing) and assure that he's fine.

Meeting of being able to save Horizon?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2011 8:17 PM
Jun 2008
Opening a Official meeting without people with authority is impossible.
but a temporary meeting can be open if there is no people with authority at present.Unfortunately,Masazumi is the only one left that has the authority.If he join Toori, an official Meeting can be open and Masazumi's word has the authority to make a decision.The other way is to dismiss Masazumi from student council to open a temporary meeting which has a temporary affect same as official meeting

The scene when Gin handling Tonbokiri to Futoyo is intense.
Poor Futayo fail to show a good example to Far east lol .
tsubasalover said:

The writing by the girl who cannot see is nice.

MorningGloryNov 5, 2011 9:09 PM
Nov 6, 2011 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
Not the one with two different eye color, but the girl next to her (the blind girl).

What I meant by writing is "Sakubun (作文)" (I know it's the wrong vocab but couldn't think of the English word while watching it, I know it's similar to essay, but less formal than that.)
Nov 6, 2011 10:07 AM
Jun 2008
tsubasalover said:
Not the one with two different eye color, but the girl next to her (the blind girl).

What I meant by writing is "Sakubun (作文)" (I know it's the wrong vocab but couldn't think of the English word while watching it, I know it's similar to essay, but less formal than that.)
opps sry,because the two different eye color girl(Asama) is also reading her essay background story.hehe, the essay written by the blind girl(Suzu) are all messy hiragana.Surprisingly Asama can read it smoothly 0.0"
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/gloryfy/vlcsnap-2011-11-07-01h59m50s21.png

so sad no one posting in this forum, everyone is waiting for the sub ....
Nov 6, 2011 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
Toori is a boss, goes from touching one girls chest to hitting on his teacher.
Nov 6, 2011 11:58 AM

Jan 2010
I want Toori to Snap :'L
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2011 12:03 PM

Oct 2010
Very depressing and tearful episode. Toori really got it started by being totally in the slumps. I really started to TT_TT at the following,

that reunion with Suzu and Horizon when she was alive with Toori was amazing! T_T Totally well done BGM and background it still brings me tears. Damn shitty parents of Suzu leaving her alone. Curse you damn parents. Never thinking about their daughter more than they should. D:

In thee end I was really glad that Toori came to Suzu after hearing her cries in the
spoiler She really got my tears from how she looked as follows,

and no the breast fondling in the spoiler
did not help but I figured out something. Toori's breast thing might just be greeting to girls. I mean if you look at it as just teasing with no sexual intent, it might be acceptable. It's one thing to do it to get with a girl sex and another to take as greeting. Suzu was the mainly girl because she got really shy but never reacted bad. Toori greeting was therefore one and had no sexual intent there at all towards Suzu. This established 2 things:

1. He can do leadership with no problem at all. Being able to focus back and calm down a person that is close by rather effectively.

2.Toori may have a strange ways and perhaps he may be strange in manners but make no mistake, he can gather a larger crowd, support them at what they are best at and finally together form an effective team to rival.

This only because he is able to organize, not sure how well but he has the potential. I will leave it at that. Call though brainstorm. Maybe more later. Sakai's part looked interesting.

BTW Image Stitches done at least in the spoiler
Futayo, Suzu and Asama look good.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 6, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
tsubasalover said:

opps sry,because the two different eye color girl(Asama) is also reading her essay background story.hehe, the essay written by the blind girl(Suzu) are all messy hiragana.Surprisingly Asama can read it smoothly 0.0"
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/gloryfy/vlcsnap-2011-11-07-01h59m50s21.png

so sad no one posting in this forum, everyone is waiting for the sub ....

I kind of don't mind about her writing because she cannot see where to write. I was touched by her story and her wish, which made me cry.
Nov 6, 2011 1:43 PM
Nov 2010
Toori is a really cool character so far...:)
Nov 6, 2011 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
prismheart said:

He's one of my favorite MC's in this season.
Nov 6, 2011 5:15 PM

Feb 2011
Bummer.
I really hoped it would continue to be so friggin weird, like the last one.

Like that I found it to be pretty boring again.
It wasn't bad actually. If I would care for the story and/or the characters, it might've been somewhat decent. But the series (or I) failed to accomplish that.

It has some funny moments though.
Nov 6, 2011 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
Lol'd at Toori asking his teacher to help him release his gauge.

Also, I kinda want more flash back scenes, I'm curious on why everyone loves Toori so much. Is it simply because of his fun going personality?
Nov 6, 2011 9:39 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Also, I kinda want more flash back scenes, I'm curious on why everyone loves Toori so much. Is it simply because of his fun going personality?
In one word? Charisma! Like Hitler had it so does Toori. Except it's more nicer. Toori by talking around can bring people to his cause. I really wish they would show it how it works with common/not known people. It would be nice to see how well Toori can convince them to his cause.

Nov 7, 2011 1:20 AM

Aug 2009
daniellkun said:
prismheart said:

He's one of my favorite MC's in this season.

He's hardly a main character. He isn't even featured much so far. The show is being carried by supporting characters.
Nov 7, 2011 3:19 AM
Jun 2008
^
At least he is still cheerful and full of confident of saving Horizon ^^
Nov 7, 2011 4:25 AM

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed this episode and Suzu's backstory was really nice, but I really dont know how Horizon is supposed to react to Tori's feelings as Horizon is a living doll so I have no idea how well that will go down when it eventually happens.
Nov 7, 2011 7:45 AM

May 2009
Sigh... The Pope and Galileo are allies? Really? And Galileo is a demon who uses Heretic abilities?

And here I thought this anime was historically accurate...
Nov 7, 2011 8:01 AM
Jun 2008
Arashi89 said:
Sigh... The Pope and Galileo are allies? Really? And Galileo is a demon who uses Heretic abilities?

maybe you should look at the history ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
just a reminder that the year now is 1648.
Nov 7, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
Arashi89 said:
Sigh... The Pope and Galileo are allies? Really?
Of course both are in Italy and from Italy well at least Pope = Rome and Rome is in Italy. Galileo is Italian from Tuscan.
Arashi89 said:
And Galileo is a demon who uses Heretic abilities?

Yeah WTF is that? Both also can teleport. WTF is that? Why can they or where is their tech coming from?
Arashi89 said:
Actually it is in its twisted way with this anime. I wonder if this Galileo will do something evolutionary in science since the original one did exactly that!

Nov 7, 2011 3:10 PM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah WTF is that? Both also can teleport. WTF is that? Why can they or where is their tech coming from?
This Anime is from far far future and you don't expect him doing those old research from far far past..

tbh, reading the wiki make me feel even more confuse.The skill actually move himself at the speed of the orbital speed.
http://www40.atwiki.jp/genesis-ticket/pages/301.html
here how I translate it.(my translation sure wrong,maybe tsubasalover can try translate this....)
The caster Focus its spell on the target and rely on the orbital motion to move... Basically I think he just stop moving/stuck in one point while the orbit move and it makes us look like he is moving and the caster can do some adjustment while moving.
MorningGloryNov 7, 2011 3:59 PM
Nov 7, 2011 6:18 PM

Feb 2010
Meh. Last episode had me entertained.. this episode was quite boring...

I did enjoy seeing that "flashback"/essay segment.
Nov 7, 2011 7:15 PM
Jul 2011
Sooo absolutely NO questions were answered for me in this episode. I kinda sorta understand the plot now...Most of the characters are quite forgettable so It its like I understand whats going on, I just don't understand the context of WHY its going on.

Still undecided about Toori-kun. I'm not sure if I like this guy or not, he's a genuine guy, but In this world he just seems useless.
Nov 8, 2011 1:04 AM

Jul 2008
these ep make my cry three times
1. from sadness
2. from happenes
3. and LOLing
Nov 8, 2011 2:33 AM

Jun 2010
No fight again ? =[
well they can't even beat one teacher. I wonder how they will win against those
strong guys. We haven't even seen toori's power at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2011 7:33 AM

Feb 2009
Fucking Kotomine Kirei this time.

That flashback was good and all but I expected something much more interesting. At least Toori's emo phase didnt last long.
Now how will they do this rebellion/rescue/meeting or whatever it is they're planning.
Nov 8, 2011 1:38 PM

May 2008
SoFarGone said:

He's hardly a main character. He isn't even featured much so far. The show is being carried by supporting characters.

That's what I was going to say. He's been in it for like five minutes. That's actually one of my major problems with this show-- too many characters, none of which get enough screentime or development (so far).
Nov 9, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
Suzu was adorable in this episode.
Nov 9, 2011 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
So on top of the already convoluted mess of characters, they introduce even more characters and factions. That's just great.
Nov 9, 2011 1:43 PM

Jul 2011
Loved how they outlined the political and economical repercussions they could face if they rebel against the testament. Its good that they seem to be putting a great deal of thought into the course of action they should take.

Also, i wonder if there is any good reason why Masazumi wouldn't sanction a meeting. Despite being someone who seems to be obedient to the law, she did her best to protect Horizon and get her to safety.
Nov 9, 2011 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
Yay, a groping!
Nov 9, 2011 4:17 PM

May 2011
I'll admit I was in tears when Suzu was telling her story. That was pretty sad and very emotional at the end. Aww Suzu is so adorable. Then 10 seconds later after she cries and say go save Horizon, Toori completely kills the mood and turns it into comedy lol haha. To think that I actually felt sorry for him the entire time. -.- Turns out he was just recharging his manliness gauge lawl.

Couldn't help but crack up when that happened and when he flew into the next class... twice. Must suck for that next door class to have their wall smashed every day hahaha.

Wonder whose side Masazumi is on. I like how this anime doesn't really skip any time. Every episode is literally right after what happened last episode. Its been 5 episode and its been what? Two-three days? Idno. Also love the way people say "Judge" and "Tes" here, makes me wanna say it irl instead of yes.
Nov 9, 2011 6:13 PM

Oct 2007
Some build up but I hope it won't take too long to do it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 10, 2011 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
I am slightly less confused at the end of this episode, so I guess there must have been some character and plot development, but not much. Toori leaves me cold--he just seems like a cardboard character (and in an anime where many of the characters seem to exist only to fill the roster of {offensive} stereotypes, being recognizable as a cardboard character requires blandness of over 9000). The complex story line, and lack of exposition, make it very difficult for anyone who has not read the massive source LN to figure out what is going on. It just seems like so much effort to understand the story, when at this point I really don't care that much about the characters. In a season with Fate/Zero, Shana III, and Mirai Nikki (to name just a few of the better shows), I don't know if I have the time to make that effort...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 10, 2011 1:40 AM

Jul 2009
so what happens now is that after the mad Professor blows up that area of land, Horizon is going to be killed at 6am, which prompt the class to come up with a rescue plan.
The amount of info given in the first 3 ep starts to make a lot of sense now with those factions having a face and characters.

Toori is such an unpredictable character, you never know what he's really thinking. He's both straightforward and confusing at the same time. I feel like he's hiding a lot more than I originally thought.
Though I have to admit he is such a natural leader, the way he handles Suzu's teary outburst is just top notch. If he shows more of those traits I could consider him a leader worthy of my respect besides Rider.
Nov 10, 2011 8:41 AM
Jan 2011
Man, I'm starting to get lost in this anime's plot.
Nov 10, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
And that concludes another episode of Kyoukai Senjou no EXPOSITION.

Suzu's backstory was nicely explained though, it kinda moved me a little. Giving it the 3 for that alone. 3/5.
Nov 10, 2011 10:39 AM

Aug 2011
Dang, this episode was kinda emotional to me. I hope they bring Horizon back. HORIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 11, 2011 3:41 PM

Apr 2010
Horizon is a very strong girl since that last sentence of her seems to suggest that she has emotions but she doesn't seem to afraid of what's coming.
And she certainly did allot of reading guess she is preparing for something.

Suzu's story was pretty touching and made a nice impression.
Asama's thinking was pretty funny though and the fact that she had written it down was brilliant.
There teacher also likes the tease her students and i don't think that the teacher from the neighboring class likes that fact.
Nov 11, 2011 8:45 PM

Feb 2009
With the past 2 episodes this show has really picked up and I find myself enjoying it now. Nice change, since I was tempted to actually drop it after episode 4.

Suzu's story was really sad, I felt awful for Toori until he ruined the mood lmao.
Nov 14, 2011 4:53 PM
Jan 2010
For those who are still confused with Galileo's ability, his ability allows him to either (a) to speed himself up while around a targeted person, or (b) to speed up a person who is near to him.

Recall that the Ptolemaic principle focuses on the theory that the Sun moves around the Earth, while the Copernican principle states that the Earth moves around the Sun.

Whichever the case, Galileo can move at 1,674.4 km/h (Earth's rotational speed).
Nov 15, 2011 3:34 PM

Jul 2010
I quite liked this episode, the flashback was so bittersweet :3

That's the Toori I love! It's nothing for him to be put down on the ground, he should be happy and cheerful and caring like he's been in all the other episodes :) I really hope they'll be able to save Horizon and that there'll be a 2nd season ^^
Jan 25, 2012 8:03 AM

Jun 2008
OriginANIME said:
I wish they would stop showing them side characters and focus more on who the main character is suppose to be. Toori.

Them side characters are just as important as Toori is. Without them Toori is even more useless.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 30, 2012 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Seriously, that essay deserves an A+.

Great episode and loving the OST near the end.
Jun 5, 2012 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, the essay writing was really funny.
Now I'm looking forward to a more serious episode with more story development.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 14, 2012 4:11 AM

Feb 2010
So do they have an extended life span or something? Or was the mention of the age just for laughs?

Jul 1, 2012 10:27 AM

Feb 2012
The story is all over the place but I admit that I liked Suzu's flashback.
Aug 21, 2012 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Thats the 3rd chicks boobs hes fondled already and we just got halfway through the series. Toori is a stone cold playa.
May 20, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
I definitely find the episodes that concentrate more on Toori and his classmates more enjoyable than the ones that have to do with political figures. It's a bit.... easier to understand.
Apr 1, 2014 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
Very slow episode again, planning on having a meeting for the plan
Apr 22, 2014 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
Toori is hilariously awesome, especially when he teases the teacher. Suzu's essay/speech was touching, glad to see the infodumping has settled down and there's a more clear direction.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

116 by blacknemesist »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

102 by GiantHunter »»
Jul 22, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

80 by Didi6970 »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

77 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 2, 2023 6:16 PM

» Do the MC ever get powerful?

Amamiya__Ren - May 24, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
Jun 9, 2022 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.