Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2011 5:06 AM

Oct 2010
This episode clearly showed us how good the graphic in an anime could be. If ufotable could pull a masterpiece like this one (even though they probably used more budget than other studios), there's no more excuses for the other bigger studios to make lousy animations for a supposed-to-be-good series.

The graphical flow are especially smooth in this episode. Except for smaller drawings (which could not be avoided given how limited the given space is), everything else is drawn proportionally.

And last, because the storyline to this anime is rather solid (cause its an adaptation to a completed story), I expect this series to maintain its quality to the end.

Solid story + Awesome graphics + Likeable characters (Rider and Waver ftw!) = Pure Win..!!!

Best series of the season, hands down.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 23, 2011 5:34 AM

Oct 2010
Shocked said:
There was a lot of talking during the fight, but it's nice to have that fight analysis.
Ah yeah! Did it frame by frame for 75% of it. Came out with lots of stuff. Like Saber's EPIC face as follows,

now that is EPIC and I don't believe any of you for the VN doing it better. Considering VN is highly not quality like to the animation as I mentioned earlier.

For the following,

oh yes! Alexander the party pooper so to speak. I believe this a reference to Alexander always loving to interrupt a ceremony or important party to invade. It was known that Alexanders' favorite invasion is that which disrupts the enemies festivities at the time it happens. Well in this case it's his enemies fight.

What will happen next who knows but I got the shivers for Saber's wound in the following spoiler
and it's really weird because it was not that intense of a fearful feeling than this wound in the spoiler
you see? Although it was quite the disaster when it showed in details in the spoiler
of how exactly Lancer got her with his spear. Oh well maybe I will edit my original post with more stuff but I do know I have lots of shit to catch up so.
Nilvius said:
Wasabi said:
That's how you do it. Take notes, DEEN.
Sad, isn't it? 1 episode of ufotable's F/Z beats the entire FSN by DEEN.
I know! I know! Amazing, really!
belatkuro said:
BBcode should be fine by now. So yeah.
Except dear friend WTF at the large pictures. Thank you. Seriously BB codes for spoilers at least work. No not all works 100%
Yumekichi11Oct 23, 2011 5:41 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 23, 2011 6:11 AM

Dec 2009
And thus, people have learn about Alexander true awesomeness.

Gil's GoB can't hold a shit against the King of Conquerors true power~!
Oct 23, 2011 6:12 AM

May 2009
wishbook said:
This episode clearly showed us how good the graphic in an anime could be. If ufotable could pull a masterpiece like this one (even though they probably used more budget than other studios), there's no more excuses for the other bigger studios to make lousy animations for a supposed-to-be-good series.

Seriously, no. ufotable works in a totally different agenda than the rest of the studios. How many tv series did ufotable create this year? One, JUST one. It simply concentrates all of its resources in one single series. The others keep creating series throughout the year, maybe even twice series per season. And I doubt they will refrain from doing that just so they can make a really top quality series instead of making many series. Every studio works in a different way, and somehow, ufotable works in an "ideal" way.
Oct 23, 2011 7:07 AM

Nov 2007
I will be making a fool out of myself if I don't give this series a 10/10 after what I have seen in this episode!

That entrance. Conqueror of Conquerors Alexander!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 23, 2011 7:31 AM

Dec 2010
Miya_F_Exia said:
wishbook said:

Seriously, no. ufotable works in a totally different agenda than the rest of the studios. How many tv series did ufotable create this year? One, JUST one. It simply concentrates all of its resources in one single series. The others keep creating series throughout the year, maybe even twice series per season. And I doubt they will refrain from doing that just so they can make a really top quality series instead of making many series. Every studio works in a different way, and somehow, ufotable works in an "ideal" way.

Result: Ufotable is why we can have nice things.
Oct 23, 2011 7:45 AM

Jun 2008
Rhypo-oniichan said:
I pity the fools who watched streams and didn't wait for a good quality download.
doesn't matter if I downloaded the HQ and watched it more than 3 times, after watching the streams.

don't be an elitist.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 23, 2011 7:47 AM

Apr 2011
Oh why is Rider so damn cool? I must now go find out what the track was when he was saying his little speech on the bridge thing. That was too epic.
Oct 23, 2011 7:50 AM

Aug 2010
Watch downloaded quality on T.V. Words can't describe how epic it looks.
Oct 23, 2011 8:21 AM

Oct 2010
Rider is what you call a manly man. I give episode 9/10 because i feel like it was dragged out a lil.
Oct 23, 2011 8:32 AM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
now that is EPIC and I don't believe any of you for the VN doing it better. Considering VN is highly not quality like to the animation as I mentioned earlier.

And I don't believe someone told you something like that because Fate/zero is a novel not a visual novel to begin with.
But I understand what you wanted to say, the animation is top noch
Oct 23, 2011 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Rhypo-oniichan said:
I pity the fools who watched streams and didn't wait for a good quality download.
doesn't matter if I downloaded the HQ and watched it more than 3 times, after watching the streams.

don't be an elitist.
I am not. Watch times: #1 Cheap RAW online. #2 RAW from Torrent 1080p or 720p. #3 Subs, well dah! #4 Saving it for BDs for sure!
Araya said:
Yumekichi11 said:

And I don't believe someone told you something like that because Fate/zero is a novel not a visual novel to begin with.
But I understand what you wanted to say, the animation is top noch
WHAT? There was never VN of Fate Zero? Why that is an insult!

PS: They should release it like right after the series is over for $$$ big time. For all platforms and PC but I wonder if it will be worth it because PC CPU will always be better than any platform. Will it less in PS3 or Xbox360? Well Just a though.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 23, 2011 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
next episode: berserker?
Oct 23, 2011 9:53 AM

Feb 2009
F/Z is a Light Novel.
And you should read the Postface of Vol4 to know Urobuchi's take on what he feels about adaptations and recreation of a work. It's a good read and really reflects on the industry.
Oct 23, 2011 10:29 AM

Mar 2011
The fight looked amazing! Now Alexander the Great's in the mix. Next episode should be great.
Oct 23, 2011 11:14 AM

Oct 2010
man..can't wait for episode 5..
LOL at Ragna92's signature..., :D
Oct 23, 2011 11:24 AM
Jul 2010
Ufotable does a great job animating Fate/zero, love the animation.
Oct 23, 2011 11:31 AM

Aug 2011
bakari said:
"Your as good as naked before my spear." i laughed when i thought of that quote the second time and i know i'm not the only one

Didn't catch that, now I'm dying out of laughter xD
Oct 23, 2011 11:37 AM

Feb 2009
I have been loving this series since episode 1, even calling it the best anime of 2011 and after witnessing episode 4 I will have to give it a 10/10 so far. Ufotable you're doing an astonishing job, keep it going and this my end in my book as a masterpiece.
Oct 23, 2011 11:43 AM

Sep 2008
Last 10 seconds of the show completely outshinned the masterpiece this episode was.

I could go on and on and one about how much I liked conversation between Lancer and Saber, but all that falls flat in comparison to Rider jumping into middle of it all and shouting his name xD

I love that guy, I really do.
Oct 23, 2011 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
WHAT? There was never VN of Fate Zero? Why that is an insult!

Nope. Just a book. As in normal, non-visual novel series of text.

as for epicness, I'd say certain fight scenes in FSN would match up to this. I frankly count

as topping this stuff,while I'd say that
would be a true animation-budget blower-fight since

Dougler said:

The original Fate/Stay Night may have had pretty girls...... but this has unbridled amounts of pure badass. Not to mention a well executed story that anybody can really jump into!

I am hoping you are talking about anime "adaptation" and not the VN.

Ragna92 said:
Nilvius said:
Wasabi said:
That's how you do it. Take notes, DEEN.
Sad, isn't it? 1 episode of ufotable's F/Z beats the entire FSN by DEEN.

At least now people will be able to see the true potential of the Fate franchise.

Frankly this only made me rage even more that DEEN did not do ANY justice to ANY fight they animated, downplaying the awesomeness to be able to use cheap animation stills.

PikachuXD said:

Fate/Zero Rider >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fate/Stay Night Rider. You can't even compare how GAR Fate/Zero Rider is to that annoying bitch in Fate/Stay Night.
I still love how Kiritsugu's still like "Magic must defeat magic my ass. I have sniper rifle 8-)" Shirou was such an annoying sexist prick that Kiritsugu just looks that much cooler.

No.

And no.
Oct 23, 2011 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
I lol'd after hearing Saber say:
Oct 23, 2011 11:57 AM

Aug 2011
belatkuro said:
^Seems like Lancer's Mystic Face is more powerful than it looks xD.

LOL!!!
Loved this episode to BITS.
ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS ANIMATION. The fightining scene was just pure epic.
Damn, Iskandaer is just the BEST!!!
but saber and most definetaly lancer, are great!!! >_<
bust seriously, can't wait for the next ep, bet ya caster is gonna get in it!!! XD
Oct 23, 2011 12:04 PM
Sep 2009
Fai said:

No.

And no.

Actually yes and yes. Sorry.
Oct 23, 2011 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
qetou said:
Fai said:

No.

And no.

Actually, no... and yes except for the sexism part.
Oct 23, 2011 12:07 PM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
as for epicness, I'd say certain fight scenes in FSN would match up to this. I frankly count

It's funny how almost all of this are from HF, but I agree with you.

Fai said:
it was basically high speed combat between those two through the entirety of Tohno estate

This would have been awesome
Oct 23, 2011 12:22 PM

Jul 2007
DrHouse said:
qetou said:
Fai said:

No.

And no.

Actually, no... and yes except for the sexism part.

^this.

When Kiritsugu pulls the shit Shirou did in
then we will talk.

Kiritsugu has badass attitude and all, but Shirou is a beast.

Also. UBW. Also. Nine Bullet Revolver.

Also...
crane wings, flawless and firm,
strength, that pierces the mountains,
sword that split the water,
fame, that reaches the imperial castle,
two rivals, that cannot share the heavens

Also HF-Rider says hi to your comments about her and blitzes you with her awesomeness.

Araya said:
Fai said:

It's funny how almost all of this are from HF, but I agree with you.

This would have been awesome

Dratted magicians and their families. I meant the M guys :P

And yes, Tohno Estate would be the awesome. Also it would increase the animation cost by like thousand times. Not that i'd complain.

ALso yes. well UBW also had some most awesome shit possible like
and what an awesome dude he was for those few seconds. Also any fight that contains rin. Also any fight that contains Shirou.

You just can't top some kickassery with emiya playing in background as shirou
or hell his entire

When I was playing the VN I imagined the latter to be

But then DEEN adapted that shit and turned it all into the kittens.
AhenshihaelOct 23, 2011 12:28 PM
Oct 23, 2011 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
Also any fight that contains Caster. She need more love!
Oct 23, 2011 12:53 PM

Feb 2011
damn, love this anime so much
the battle scene is more intense than fate stay night
Oct 23, 2011 1:13 PM

Oct 2008
I have to say that I'm more into this anime than I was into FSN.

Oct 23, 2011 1:46 PM
Dec 2007
Phenomenal episode as usual, the direction, animation and general developments are out of this world. And this ending ! Alexander The Great (strange that they used his Persian name by the way) for the win ! :)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 23, 2011 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
@Fai: I was referring to anime series Shiro, but meh. Then again, Deen didn't really do his character justice, especially in the series.
Oct 23, 2011 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
Lauriet said:
Result: Ufotable is why we can have nice things.
This. Pretty much this.
Oct 23, 2011 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
So far, nothing this season holds a candle to Fate/Zero and I think this has some serious potential to to be one of the best anime i've seen in a while. Will it hold up? God I hope so.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 23, 2011 5:55 PM
Jul 2009
Amazing.. can't wait for the next episode..
Oct 23, 2011 7:35 PM

Dec 2007
Shirou IS a sexist prick, and Alexander IS a badass Rider, but uh. I will NOT have for any shit being said about my Fate/Stay Night Rider kthx. She is badass, and she is my favorite Rider forever.

That said, ufotable has my heart for doing such an amazing adaptation. It's a right shame DEEN ever had its disgusting hands on this franchise. If only ufotable had done the whole thing...
Ich verstehe nicht
Oct 23, 2011 8:16 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. That was an AWESOME episode of Bleach!
Oct 23, 2011 8:27 PM
Oct 2011
Mormegil said:
Wow. That was an AWESOME episode of Bleach!

HA funny guy
Oct 23, 2011 8:57 PM
Aug 2011
Not much to say really, this show doesn't disappoint. It just keeps impressing me. Rider is pretty epic but I think his rash behavior will be his downfall. Lancer class always impresses me with it's honor and strong will. Saber never disappoints. I simply love this show.
Oct 23, 2011 9:00 PM

May 2010
Awesomeness everywhere!!! Top notch animation quality!!

So much for that, I knew Rider would do something funny and he didn't failed me and in fact, he did the unexpected. Hands down for rider!!

So that explains why Irisviel said in the 1st ep that she's created for the war. She's a homuncolus herself. O_o

Can't wait to see a 3 way match. =p
Oct 23, 2011 9:19 PM

Jun 2008
StormViruz said:
So that explains why Irisviel said in the 1st ep that she's created for the war. She's a homuncolus herself. O_o

All of the Einzbern family are Homunculus. Try guessing Jubstacheit von Einzbern AKA Acht's real Age, and he's the 8th head of the Einzberns.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 23, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 2010
The fuck? Gorgeous episode, I must say. Thanks to that, I raised my score to 10. ufotable, F/Z, Lancer, Iskander, Saber—all fuckin' rock.
Oct 23, 2011 11:38 PM

Feb 2010
That honor~
That battle~
THAT RIDER~ bahaha
Epicness!
Oct 24, 2011 12:15 AM

Jun 2010
I like how Iskander abruptly joins the battle and tells them his name :3

if only saber replies "I am also a king!" it would be lols.
Oct 24, 2011 12:17 AM

Oct 2011
nothing much happened in this ep.

but lancer is damn hawt
Nope.
Oct 24, 2011 12:57 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Awesome fight. Next episode is gonna be awesome.

Oct 24, 2011 1:22 AM

Oct 2010
Miya_F_Exia said:
wishbook said:

I see your point. Yes, ufotable is more ideal compared to others.

What I meant by "bigger studios" are studios with more resources than ufotable, not only in terms of money but also experience and reputation. Because they've been successful with many series before (compared to ufotable with such few renown anime) , bigger studios (such as Pierrot) tend to stick with their own standards (as that standard has been used over and over again and has made countless anime successful), but ufotable brought a whole new standard of animation to the public, which clearly contrasts other animes.

No, it's not about how many series they made this year, really. It's about their standards and expectations. If quality of an animation doesn't pass their basic expectations and standards, they won't release it in the first place. Ufotable just happen to have higher standards when other bigger studios allows some minor mistakes in their animes.

Let's take an example.

Studio Bones allows an animation of such:

While in comparison, this is F/Z:
Reim_SeranthOct 24, 2011 1:50 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 24, 2011 2:14 AM

Jul 2007
wishbook said:
snip

Style =/= animation quality.

The way FMA:B was animated was stylistic choice, however FMA:B still had pretty much superior animation to most of series that year. :)
Oct 24, 2011 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
Honestly who cares how the animation quality is... The show is amazing either way. Plus that is kind of a crappy picture of Fate/Zero to use.... But to be fair its animation is amazing.
Oct 24, 2011 6:35 AM

Jul 2007
Matron_Laylie said:
Honestly who cares how the animation quality is... The show is amazing either way. Plus that is kind of a crappy picture of Fate/Zero to use.... But to be fair its animation is amazing.

After how DEEN massacred FSN adaptation, EVERYONE cares how animation is. :)
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.