Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 9, 2008 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
grrrr!! that mari trying to seduce irie!!!! tsk tsk! ... but its so cute.. irie loves only kotoko!!! :D yay!
Aug 12, 2008 8:59 AM

Apr 2008
yeah the mari girl really pissed me off. im happy that her husband finally stood up for himself in the end. but kotoko finally has a reason to be jealous. I would be jealous too. it was pretty funny with all the engrish going on hahaha.
naokis mom is so funny. cant believe they followed them all the way to hawaii. haha when kotoko wanted to buy yuuki a mask.. he walks by - LMAO. too funny.
Dec 3, 2008 6:17 PM

Oct 2008
Jeez Naoki is such a cold and distant husband I don't see how their marriage is supposed to last. After her initial goo goo stage is over, I think she'll lose interest quickly, and he's too retarded to fight back. Gah he's such an idiot, and so is Kotoko for loving him so freakin' much
Dec 26, 2008 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Naoki's comment about not remembering them spending time alone together pissed me off. What, he just didn't notice for the entire week (or two?) that the other couple was hanging around them all the time?! He just didn't notice Mari clinging to him the entire time?! And Kotoko is an idiot for being won over with just a kiss. Even if Naoki does truly love her, it doesn't excuse his cold and distant behaviour. Granted, this is anime so I suppose I have to look over this (and accept the fact that the whole series is pretty ridiculous in itself). But sheesh, in real life, this pairing would never work out.
Apr 8, 2009 10:49 PM

Dec 2008
Even though it happened kida fast, I'm so glad that got married! *gleams*
That stupid Mari is a bitch though ~_~

& &
Apr 23, 2009 8:24 AM

Jul 2007
maris husband pulled himself together at the end , that was kinda pretty cool , if u dont think what he was doing while mari was hitting on naoki xD
May 12, 2009 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
Mari was obviously pretty annoying, but I didn't like the Naoki reacted when Kotoko said to stop touching her. Mari was clearly coming on to him the entire episode and touching him all lovey dovey style, she just finally snapped because clearly Mari was faking it so that they'd have no time together. I really wish Kotoko was the one to slap Mari, but at least it happened.

It was hilarious when Naoki's mom threw the beachball at Mari. I wasn't expecting her to be there and then suddenly she did that. It was crazy.
Jun 17, 2009 7:52 AM

Mar 2009
i didnt aspect married so soon
Sep 2, 2009 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
Obasama and Yuuki were win. I didn't like when Naoki screamed to Kotoko because she was jealous -_- She had her reasons.

Was I the only one to think that it was too much when Mari's husband when he slapped her? But yeah, Mari was a really annoying bitch :/

Sep 12, 2009 3:47 AM

Jan 2008
When Mari's husband slapped her, I was like: yeahh, you tell her she can't interfere with other people's lifes!

But then he was like: You should be happy with me..
Blah, divorce already ^^
Feb 2, 2010 4:16 AM

Dec 2008
the english stuff is soo cool... mari's husband when the taxi guy speaking english to him..
"Ok. Ok...Thank You" xDDD
Feb 13, 2010 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
I think Kotoko has a hospital fetish...
"Doctor! the patient needs two doses of hemaphatamine!"
"I'll show YOU two doses!"
Feb 27, 2010 3:22 AM

Aug 2009
passport please? xD
Mar 7, 2010 3:29 PM

Jan 2010
Irie's mom is hilarious xp she seems to always be stocking someone...
and that Mari lady or whatever was nuts... i was soo glad when her husband slapped her(:
Jun 17, 2010 1:55 AM
Oct 2008
I was *SO* happy when Mari's husband finally grew some kahones and slapped her. Anyone slapping her would have been fine, but the husband was the best choice.

All through the episode whenever a "foreigner" starting speaking, I immediately thought..."I hate English."

Awwwwright, they finally got it on! Though for the limited amount of contact they've had, I can only imagine how awkward that had to have been! Though the most awkward sex scene ever award has to go to the one in Saikano. I ROFLed so, so hard.

Jesus, I feel so bad for Naoki and Kotoko, being hounded at such an important time in their marriage. I REALLY don't wish that on anyone. Ever.
Jun 21, 2010 8:32 PM

May 2010
Man. Naoki is annoying as hell. It's like he's constantly putting her down or being distant. I know that's his personality but COME ON. There's no way I could handle being with someone like that. Way to go giving people self esteem issues.
Oct 11, 2010 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
They probably used Microsoft Sam for the Engrish parts... XD
Oct 13, 2010 7:32 PM
Dec 2009
married? that fast? ha?

ok Next.
Mar 6, 2011 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
Ok I got to the 15th episode..... this anime is so banal, I think I am going to puke.... >_< I will finish it just because of wasted time. Cant take Kotoko's Waaaaaaa Irie Kun!!!!! ♥♥♥ voice anymore....

Gyabo!~
May 4, 2011 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
in real life

this kinda relationship wouldnt last
Jul 30, 2011 8:31 AM

Jan 2010
Wow......Mari was a total b***h.

Overall good episode.
Oct 21, 2011 8:51 PM
Oct 2011
kisami said:
shes still a kid and got married? well i supose hes gotten used to her foolishness.

well maybe after they did it shell be alittle more mature and driven

Actually it was Oba-sama, the better question would of been, why did no one stop her?

The best part of the episode for me was when Naoki told Mari"you aren't half the women Kotoka is"

Oba and Yuuki was funny to.
Jan 18, 2012 10:00 PM
May 2008
Ah~~ He's so romantic..

I guess they finally "did it" hahaah XD Glad they were married though.
Jul 24, 2012 8:58 PM

May 2008
Naoki is finally less douchy, his change in character was pretty much out of the blue but at least he's somewhat tolerable now.
Nov 29, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
the way they struggle with English is always so funny ^.^
Feb 25, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2012
Kotoko had awry right to be jealous cause opposite sex always senses if some1 is after her/his loved one in a romantic way (in other words lover)!!! she trust Naoki but she cant trust some1 who is after Naoki!!! cause awry1 knows that if some1 wants to get ur GF/BF that person mite use dirty tricks, & i know dirty tricks are ferry effective but not my type of a thing, i mean, i myself ton't like dirty tricks!!! :D, my point is u shod take ur partners jealous seriously not ignore it & think that its just jealous nothing to worry about, 1 thing if enemy sees jealous then the enemy will use it as a weapon & makes ur partner mad at u cause of ur act of jealousy & when ur partner is mad at u cause ur partner dose not believe u then it makes ur partner vulnerable & easy pray for some, u know the saying u need to trust ur partner or ur relationship wont work, it cuts both ways, if u want ur partner to trust u that u wont cheat then u need to trust ur partners jealous, well i know some peoples threat radar is of/broken & they get jealous of people who are not after ur partner, but not all people have broken threat radar, so u need to take it seriously!!! if not then ton't expect to trust u cause people who ton't see that some1 is after them are vulnerable & easy pray for some, that means it dose not matter how strong ur love is if ur vulnerable & u will end up in bead some day with that person who is after u, & if ur partner trust u blindly with out never feeling jealousy then ur partner will lose u 1day unless ur partner is so lucky that no1 is gonna come after u in ur life time, what i mean is then it depends on ur partners luck, pray is usually blind & ton't see the predator if the predator is not dumb & dose not make it obvious, its how human world works, its how romance work, well its how part of it works

Naoki had a point but still he was a fool, blind fool cause he did not take her jealousy seriously!!!
Feb 25, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
sabgian said:
the cheek of the woman to try to seduce irie...but actually kyotoko has nothing to worry about since irie only loves her :)

not just that its more like hes cold, cause of hes cold personality she shod not worry, no1 else can endure hes cold personality :D, most woman wold not get to the wedding point with him, before that they wold leave him :D but still she had awry right to feel jealous
Sugram22Feb 25, 2013 9:57 AM
Feb 25, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Naoki's mom always cracks me up, shes hilarious LOL

i watched it years ago but remember stuff specially when reading other posts
Feb 25, 2013 10:07 AM

Sep 2012
Anomalous said:
It occurs to me that even though this series has taken place over years, the characters look exactly the same... weird.

Mari's bathing suit is cute! Although it would only look good on an anime character. She's the one who's going to get divorced soon, though... I feel bad for her husband, since he clearly cares about her a lot. I was really shocked when he slapped her, but she definitely deserved it.

Kin-chan and Chris are gonna make an adorable couple! I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy them more than Naoki and Kotoko.

Naoki's mom's English was the best thing ever. "Oh! Mistake!" Awesome. I just love that the Iries were totally stalkers in this episode.

Kotoko was quite selfish, but I'm glad she admitted it and everything turned out okay. :)

Oh, and the photo album thing looked pretty neat.

i think Mari is the type ho needs dominant husband like he was when he slapped her, u so how nice & obedient she was after the scolding?, he just needs to but hes feet down & rise hes voice to show her who's the boss LOL
Feb 25, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
DeathfireD said:
Kokujin-kun said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yep, they did get married too fast. How the hell do you marry someone you didn't go past first with? And it was so sudden that Kotoko was still calling Naoki by his family name.

First base is a kiss and they did kiss 2 times before marriage, although both times where one sided. So they did past first. Although I agree, they did get married way to quick.

Also I don't agree with people saying Kotoko was selfish for yelling out not to touch women. Kotoko knew the women was trying to win over Irie so she yelled out her feelings because of it. I think in a medical setting Kotoko wouldn't have cared as much since Irie would clearly being doing it for people that are sick and he would be surrounded by nurses and other patience.

The English was so funny threw out this whole episode.

i don't agree with first part cause its their decision how fast they want to merry!!! :), we cant say that cause we ton't know how they feel!!! & second life is a lesson for learning from ur own mistakes!!! :), but i'm bot saying that this was a mistake, i think u get the point

with second point i agree totally!!! (I don't agree with people saying Kotoko was selfish for yelling out not to touch women, cause she knew that this bitch is after Naoki)!!!
Feb 25, 2013 1:02 PM

Sep 2012
patient_senses said:
Mari was obviously pretty annoying, but I didn't like the Naoki reacted when Kotoko said to stop touching her. Mari was clearly coming on to him the entire episode and touching him all lovey dovey style, she just finally snapped because clearly Mari was faking it so that they'd have no time together. I really wish Kotoko was the one to slap Mari, but at least it happened.

It was hilarious when Naoki's mom threw the beachball at Mari. I wasn't expecting her to be there and then suddenly she did that. It was crazy.

i agree
Mar 31, 2013 10:22 PM
Dec 2012
OMFG!!! They had sex!
And that other man. I have bare respect for him. Takumi is a fucking boss!
This show has actually bought me to tears. Its so beautiful!
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
May 6, 2013 1:18 PM
Nov 2012
This anime just keeps getting better and better. Loved the part when they kissed at the very end and Oba was just hilarious using such a big lens to capture that moment. As for the bed scene, it was not that good. Just escalated to quickly I guess or I might be wrong.
Jul 4, 2013 1:16 PM

May 2012
We all know what happened that last night :p
But damn that other couple was pretty annoying but seeing that Irie's parents were there making sure everything would go okey was pretty nice especially with the beach ball scene :p

Well she'll study for nurse so lets see what that will be like!
Sep 6, 2013 9:18 AM

Mar 2011
Mari was irritating.

Ms. Irie best character.
Dec 10, 2013 6:28 AM
Mar 2013
"I don't want it", Yuki takes after his older brother doesn't he? xD

I really hate that Mari girl, I'm glad that Irie told her off. I especially loved when he said she didn't even compare to Kotoko <3

Aww, I like the nice Irie a lot more than the cold one. Don't ever change back kay?

The scene where Kotoko was rescued by Irie from the policeman was SO cute! This same exact thing happened to my parents when they traveled to another country ^_^

Also, 2 kisses in 1 episode? Awesome!

Kiss Count: 6
emeraldrosaryNov 13, 2014 8:52 AM
Dec 12, 2013 10:15 PM

Apr 2008
Best Mother ever.... (≧▽≦)/
Sep 21, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, that's how you do it, Mari husband! Slap her, fuck her silly then go for a Narita divorce!

They just had seeeex,
And it felt so gooood ~~

Sorry, I had that song in the head :P
I wonder if the mom took photos... Nah, that would be fucking creepy. ''fucking'' hehe

Well, we already knew that she would go into nursing, so it isn't that much of a surprise. I mean, that ED kinda spoiled it x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 24, 2014 1:46 PM
Mar 2014
Am I seriously the only one who thought this was one of the worst episodes yet? I didn't mind that they got married so quick, it was kinda expected because of Irie-mama's personality, but even then this has to have been one of the most exaggerated worst honeymoons ever. If I'm going to go on my honeymoon and by some chance meet up with some couple like this, then by God I would set them straight right away. Or at the very least tell my husband that the reason We are here is to spend time together alone without having to deal with petty things like jealousy and the like.

What gets me the most is that Irie didn't even try to resist until that last night when Mari finally got serious. It was nice to see him refuse her so mean-like but he should have done it sooner rather than waiting until she threw herself at him (not that it wasn't blatantly obvious before). Poor Kotoko, of course she was jealous and insecure, after 5 years of waiting and loving Irie he suddenly tells her he loves her but then he still ignores her. It's no fucking wonder she has no idea what to think when Mari comes into the picture, it can be hard to get rid of the doubt that you will never be good enough or that he will leave you if you make a single mistake. With Irie's personality even if he does truly love her chances are he won't ever fully acknowledge that he does and will continue to ignore and verbally abuse her while throwing small tidbits of affection every now and again to keep her pinning for more.

Grr I guess I just get mad that he never even accepted her until he found out that she was possibly going to marry Kin-chan. Like it was okay for him to marry Chris and have a family, but Kotoko can't because she will always belong to him. But it's not really love. It's more like when a spoiled kid has a toy that he's finished playing with but if someone else goes to use it he starts throwing a fit. Almost like he sees her more like his possession rather than the person he loves.

But then again that's just my take on his actions, it's hard to tell what he's thinking because we never get to see anything from his point of view. If we did I think that this would have been the perfect romance anime because of the complicated dynamics behind the characters. Especially Irie, it would have been nice to see what he thought of things through his perspective as a genius capable of anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
What a whore, honestly. This slap wasn't enough, he should beat her unconscious.
Mar 26, 2015 1:30 AM
Mar 2015
What's the song kotoko and Irie were kissing on the beach from ep 15 of Itazura na kiss ?
This song is instrumental music with guitar sound.
Thanks so much!
Aug 4, 2015 8:26 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Rock on, Mari got what she deserved. Kinda hoped Mari's husband would dump her afterward.

The honeymoon was dope. Mari ruined the entire trip. Although in the end Kotoko/Irie did make love. Wasn't a total waste.

Dec 31, 2015 7:48 AM
May 2015
Deserved slap. This episode was surprisingly good.
Jan 6, 2017 1:14 AM

May 2014
Ahhh.. Tsk tsk tsk.. I know Kotoko's going to react any minute when Naoki was checking the woman if she's okay, but I wish she could have just hide what she feels at that situation. I wish she could understand that her husband is a doctor, and that it would not be possible not to touch his patients. Kotoko, I know how you feel but I want you to be little bit mature! Don't react so openly! If your husband did something that you didn't like, just talk to him when it's just the two of you! Mattakuu! *facepalm*
Apr 5, 2017 1:10 PM

Mar 2017
My cheeks are so hot just by watching this episode ohghaad.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 19, 2018 8:24 AM

Jul 2015
That Mari girl was so evil, but she got burned and then bitchslapped, deserved.

The honeymoon trip could have gone better but it was still a neat experience, I lost it when Irie's family went with them full incognito to see how they were doing there.
Apr 7, 2019 3:28 PM

Feb 2018
Well, add Mari to the long list of unlikable characters. Luckily, that'll probably be the last of her.

And Irie's mom somehow just keeps getting more and more insufferable. Who flies across the world to secretly stalk and spy on their son on their honeymoon?
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jul 2, 2019 3:55 PM
Apr 2016
That Mari woman was such a slut, seriously, meddling in people's relationships like that.
Jan 29, 2020 12:27 PM
Feb 2018
Probably one of the best use of slapping in anime history.
I think domestic violence is wrong but here i would argue it's not really it.

The whole honeymoon, mari was trying to be with another man and she was criticisizing her husband for being a wimp and a coward.
And at that last scene, she started to scream at him about breaking off another couple and was spouting hate.

That slap was like the only possible outcome, it was like a slap to get her out of her hateful mindset, it was a slap to show that what she was doing was wrong and finally it was a slap to show that he was breaking out of that wimpy and cowardly persona and was willing to change and make her happy.

Again i'm all against domestic violence but that is probably one of the only slaps in anime that felt completely positive in a way (it was not supposed to hurt her but wake her up).
Apr 6, 2020 11:59 PM

Sep 2014
"Even if I had met you a hundred times, I'd ignore you a hundred times too." lmao
and that bitch slap! 😂

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.