Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 11, 2010 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
Now this is what I wanted to see. This episode can sure make you hate the van people though.
Jun 18, 2010 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE VAN PEOPLE?!
Jul 3, 2010 8:43 AM

Dec 2009
Ooishi loses , as expected/always.
Jul 10, 2010 2:50 AM

Mar 2010
Well, that was a shocking episode..A lot of things happened..But i really don't understand what truly happened..I mean, in the 1st season keiichi was the survivor.Then in the first episode of this season rena was.Now, Satoko (even though she was, most likely, killed in the end..) Perhaps, anyone who falls in the river survives :)
And these men in white, why did they kill everyone??
Why can't I ever answer my questions???This anime is really braintesting..
Jul 20, 2010 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
That nurse is affiliated with the van people?
I'm guessing the van people plotted the Hinamizawa gas thing - and also kill all survivors Oo
Aug 8, 2010 2:40 PM

Dec 2008
dik426 said:
I like how the white van people keep getting more defined as the series continues . Hopefully we'll get to eventually know who these folks are. Other than A-holes, that is.

Is there a drinking game where one takes a shot everytime satoko says 'Nii-nii?" Well, there should be one!

I agree!! And, like, every time Keichii has to go through a penalty game!

And then...

Cyrius said:
Darn. I was hoping Satoko would be a true survivor.

Kittenia said:
YEAH FUCKING RIGHT.
Hell no, she did NOT die from heart failure, I can't believe that. That stupid NURSE doctor female, was fucking crazy, she noticed Satoko, and I think she killed her. She knows something, gaaahhh this is pissing me offf. I'm not confused, I'm frustrated !

Omggg, stupid hospital. Satoko KNEW her message damn it, T___T ; I need to know why ! I kept yelling "hurry up Ooishi ! GO GO !" as well, damn this, this arc needs an explanation !

Jrittmayer said:
WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE VAN PEOPLE?!

Senna said:
A few answers, and more questions. This arc didn't have quite the intensity of those in the first season, but I didn't mind the slower pacing too much, and I'm looking forward to the next arc.

These were pretty much my thoughts, in this order. I wanted Satoko to be the one to walk out of this one, and that nurse HAD to be up to something just by the way she looked at Ooishi, I was hoping I'd get a clue/answer to the van people, and despite the slow pacing, I was not bothered.

Yay for the next arc!
Aug 12, 2010 3:11 AM

Apr 2009
Damn you Ooishi, couldn't you realize that sooner, then we'd get some answers :p >_<
Aug 25, 2010 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
So that's who kills Rika every time.

Wow, Satoko survives. (And then later dies or is murdered.)

Ooishi still annoys me.

So the people who murdered Rika were the ones that caused the Great Hinamizawa Disaster. But why?

The nurse is involved? Damn.
Sep 22, 2010 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah not anwsers for me, just more questions.
Okay so I think Rena isn't alive, but what is the message? From the start I knew she was inteligent. XD
Why they kids were on the school? I mean at night!
The nurse was bad?! I think she did something to kill Satoko!
Why did Rika didn't hide I mean if everyone was going to die anyways she could hide to see what happens, that could save her, just saying.
How will this will be the season of anwsers if now we know all that happened, happened in different worlds?
Oct 12, 2010 6:21 PM
Jul 2018
I am really liking this second season of Higurashi. This arc was very well done with an amazing finish. It is less about psycho killer/crazy murder...and more character involved. i really felt sorry for all the characters, especially Ooshi at the end.

5/5. Truly a great, emotional arc...
Nov 12, 2010 9:54 PM

Sep 2010
That didn't explain anything at all, instead more questions arose.
Somehow I don't feel like this arc is entirely necessary

If only Satoko was slightly more careful, she might have gotten away. Now tme will again repeat itself.
And what exactly was Rena's message....

Nov 18, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting that Satoko is the one to survive here. I never would've guessed it was the van people who killed Rika though.
Dec 16, 2010 1:55 PM

Nov 2009
its not fair! after all Sataco did she just dies?! eh! but wow this was an AMAZING episode! it was really sad thought that they killed Rika... and when Satako saw her it just made it even more suspenseful on how they ran after her... and in the end she fell off a bridge... but it was like Rena was trying to protect her from those guys by sacrificing herself... but yeah im glad she survived that fall! and wow that nurse was a bitch! how could she do that? it really made me mad its like does EVERY1 hate Satako?! grr lol but yeah... it sucks Satako couldnt tell the guy anything... and in the end she died *like i said b4...* MESSED UP! but it was an amazing episode!!!!!!!! it was so epic seeing all the dead bodies in the classroom... but it was really sad... and why was every1 at skool? and piled up on each other? it was night and im sure not every1 in in 1 class on top of each other... idk it was weird... But SO dramatic!!! =D
Jan 28, 2011 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
I have one thing to say about this episode, "Oooishi, what the hell man! Man handling a little girl in a coma!"
Feb 8, 2011 6:40 AM
Jul 2010
Love it!
At last we know who is behind all..but I don't get it how children died
in the school when disaster happend at night? >_<
Feb 23, 2011 2:29 PM

Oct 2010
ahh ok, im not going to try and understand all the arks fully, but now i uderstand alot more then i did before, its getting really good! :)
Jun 13, 2011 7:15 AM

Jan 2009
windy said:
and wtf was up with the nurse? in on it with the van people i guess?

That's what I was thinking. She creeped me out right at the start when she looked scare that Satoko was becoming responsive. I had a bad feeling about her. But yeah, I'm guessing she's definitely apart of the same 'league' as those guys, stationed there to kill any survivors possibly? Who knows. But all I know is that Satoko did NOT die naturally from heart failure. >.> That nurse induced it with something in her IV, I just know it. Dx

Hmm, as for the rest of this arc... It was pretty good. Not as many violent murders as there usually are, but still a lot of intrigue, so it was a change of pace but it was just as interesting.

As with everyone else, I'm still wondering about the people in school - Keiichi, Mion and Shion... why did they die there if the gas leak was at night? It *looked* like they died of gas poisoning, but perhaps something else tragic happened beforehand... If only Satoko regained consciousness from her fall sooner.

P.S. I don't really want to say for sure that the way we saw Rika die in this arc is for sure. I don't wanna glean anything from that other than, it's almost a given she *actually* dies from disembowelment. However, is it the van guys every time? With Higurashi, I feel like I need to wait a while before drawing conclusions.
Aug 27, 2011 2:16 AM

Aug 2011
Oh my, it was awesome episode.
And these damn people...

What do they want from Rika and everyone else?
Lussuria Love ♥
Sep 19, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2011
hmm I am guessing that the "poisnous gas" did not get to satako because she fell from the bridge (as Keichi did) and perhaps the the gas did not reach her because she was at a much lower elevation than the others in hinamizawa (hot air rises so that could have something to do with it and the swamp (or wherever the gas came from) could have been above where the bridge was). But you never know with Higurashi. The town has a very strong bond so I am guess they cut off Satako's life support when they realized she knew something (the ones who found her after the fall are not the same people who invaded her house. So the ones who found her after sent her to the hospital and then the other guys (perhaps members of the sonozaki clan) went to the hospital to eliminate her). They probably killed everyone to hide something (with more and more people coming over to hinamizawa (Keichi, whose dad is a famous artist), maybe the sonozaki family felt cornered, they felt some one was going to find out about their dark secrets and decided to end it all). Idk I am going to just shut up now and continue watching as this is probably all wrong, we'll see....
Jan 24, 2012 9:00 AM

Oct 2011
its a fucking conspiracy!
ALL THOSE PEOPLE!
WTH!

Im sure they killed Satoko in the hospital.
Mar 16, 2012 12:41 AM

Apr 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
I have one thing to say about this episode, "Oooishi, what the hell man! Man handling a little girl in a coma!"

THIS.

Ooishi is quite an interesting man :o
Apr 8, 2012 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode, was actually cheering for Ooishi.
The mystery of the people in the van thickens...
Apr 27, 2012 9:24 AM

Jun 2008
My theory is that the message that Rena left has something to do with the water on the river. Because her hat fell into the water she must have thrown it.
She was reffering to the water because maybe the water is spreading a disease. That's what i think she ment.
There must be some kind of disease affecting the people in Hinamizawa.That's why most of the characters start to act like crazy and go berserk at times. This is an effect of the disease.
Those van dudes and the nurses and doctors on the hospital must be covering this up and Rena realized this.

One thing that doesn´t fit in this idea is the fact that there are different arcs where the survivor is a different person and also the fact that Rika always dies (she must have made some kind of deal that makes her die multiple times cause she is aware of her fate). The blonde woman and that dude with the glasses also die everytime but they don't seem to be aware of it like Rika.
So there maybe exist different realities, different Hinamizawas.

I am also not rejecting the possibility that all of this ties together in one only reality. If this is the case then Rena must be the only survivor as Satoko died at the hospital and Keiichi must have died because of the effects of the possible disease.(Maybe he is more vulnerable to the disease than hinamizawa people).
Now that i think about it this makes sense, Keiichi, the blonde woman and the dude with the glasses are recently in Hinamizawa so they are more vulnerable to the disease.

This is just some thougths of mine i don't know the true history and i may be completely wrong. xD
Apr 27, 2012 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
This arc sure did give a hint answer but not enough.

Nippa!
Jun 30, 2012 6:43 AM

Jul 2010
OMGG. That was amazing! I wanna watch the answer arc right now :D I hope it's from Rena's perspective!! I'm loveing Ooishi right now!

And it looks like next episode we'll find out who Rika's little friend is :3 Oh, and it also seems like Keiichi is the one who goes mad next time.
Jul 6, 2012 4:23 PM

May 2012
Great episode its good we've got a lil more info about what happened!
Jul 6, 2012 6:08 PM

Mar 2012
wow very intense episode...and we got more questions then answers this arc
Jul 15, 2012 5:35 PM

Jun 2012
Satoko : "Now I understand... I get it now... Rena's message..."
Me : "REALLY? WHAT IS IT! WHAAAAT...
*Oishi arrives and Satoko dies*

When watching Higurashi, I always feel I'm dumb, I'm so confused!
Jul 20, 2012 6:13 AM

Oct 2010
So much questions..
Who are those people with caps on?
For who do they work?
Why do they do it (if they work for someone, why would that someone tell them to do it)?!

I don't think Rena died, because in the first episode, you see her as she is older.. And I think that story is the one that's true.. Though.. She being the only surviver, I don't know.

Why can I not hold all these thoughts!?
Jul 21, 2012 2:21 PM

May 2012
jobocan said:
windy said:
and wtf was up with the nurse? in on it with the van people i guess?

Don't forget that Satoko was hated by almost everyone in Hinamizawa and probably some other people out of the village, so maybe the nurse was just someone who hated her.
Why did Satoko have to die(again)? I wanted to understand Rena's "message" too :(

I think Rena's message tied in with the original Higurashi series, where she said it wasn't volcanic gas, the families were planning it.
Jul 25, 2012 6:53 PM

Oct 2011
WTH ... who are those men !! ... they are professionals slaughterers
hahah ... Ooishi will get mad of this
Aug 11, 2012 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
Oh man...questions abound.

Ooishi was so close, yet so far.
Those men...they were just so focused. It was surreal.
Looks like time to do the time war again!
Dec 17, 2012 12:19 AM
Apr 2012
Damn van people killing all my favorite characters... Didn't expect the volcanic gas ending, I thought there was going to be at least one more episode to the arc.

I was really rooting for Satoko to survive... She went through so much in the end of this arc.

Rena's scream made me cringe..

Let's see how they fare in the next Hinamizawa
Jan 28, 2013 8:21 PM

Dec 2012
Wow it's all starting to make sense. We finally saw Rika's death. Great arc... and I really liked Oishi on this arc ^_^
Feb 4, 2013 11:54 PM

Feb 2012
7312467819476 said:
Now, this one was really great.
I've never been so excited about this anime.

Looking forward to the next arc.
Apr 27, 2013 11:32 AM

Sep 2012
Hmm 4 again. I liked it though. Especially Ooishi in this episode.

Rena dying? As if.
May 10, 2013 9:09 PM

Jul 2011
Damn Ooishi
May 21, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2009
This season is more nice than the season 1 :)
This episode is very intense..
I was hoping that she won't die but ... well, that was expected. :/
Jun 7, 2013 4:45 AM

Jun 2013
this Arc... i can't bear it...
too much.... just.. too much.. deaths... Even satoko
Those green jacketers have done it, Rena is...*sigh*

i need to collect so many willpower to watch the next arc..
Jun 25, 2013 2:01 AM

Dec 2012
This episode made me so mad omg SATOKOOOOOOO NOOOOO
Aug 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Feb 2011
I´ve reached an important conclusion:
Hinamizawa is a hick town, there´s no other way around it.
Aug 15, 2013 4:09 AM

Jun 2011
Aug 22, 2013 9:03 AM
Aug 2013
So who is the survivor ??
How about rena ??
and the Sonozaki Biologic experiment ??

argh ..

they say "kai" is the answer arc for "higurashi" ...
but "kai" don't answer any question and make Another Twisted mystery ...
Nov 5, 2013 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Well, now we know how Rika died. But why? Who are those guys? Why do they killing Rika and others every time? How is Rika able to keep repeating like this?(providing that's what is really going on? What's with the gas leak disaster? What is it really? Who is the light purple-haired girl? How is she connected to Rika? What does Rika have conversations with herself? And from the first season: Who really killed Keichii in that one arc? Did Keichi really kill Satoko's uncle in the one arc? So many questions. Plenty of time to answer them, but I just hope this series will at least make some sense by the end.
Dec 4, 2013 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
This has to be one of the most suspenseful series in existence.

Feb 25, 2014 1:09 AM

Jan 2009
1. this whole arc was predictable since we already saw season 1. was waiting for the arc to end cuz it was boring.

2. the only useful stuff we got from the past 5 eps is that rika seems to be repeating her 'death cycles' many times.

3. wonder what rena's message was at the end of this ep.

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 12, 2014 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty intense episode. Wondering about what lies behind Rena's message.
Apr 20, 2014 5:34 PM

Jun 2011
Damn it, the nurse pisses me off. Satoko could have gotten away 3 times, and she herself ruined it, first time was on the ceiling, Rika told her not to make any noise and she still cried out. Second was after she witness Rika's murder, I mean, I know that's a normal reaction, but still.. and third was during the bridge scene, where she just had to trip. The writer just wasn't on her side this time.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 1, 2014 1:06 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, I agree that Satoko could have easily escape, she was her own death.

By the way, big improvement, this time all the friends didn't slaughtered each other but fell to the common enemy.
I wonder how Rika loops back the time even though she dies, maybe is that other girl she talks with that do the trick everytime.

This time we were so close to know the truth, but Satoko ruined it.

I like this new atmospheres we got, we got the pure horror away and we got more the mystery vibe, which I like right now, I think we got enough psycho killings.

I love this opening and endings so much..
May 12, 2014 7:24 AM

Apr 2013
I don't quite get the hate on Satoko. Indeed, when she hid in the locker, she should have stayed quiet. But to scream when you see your best friend chopped up should be considered rather normal and understandable.

I really was excited at the end and hoped that Ooishi would be there in time, but nope, +1 to the body count.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.