Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 23, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Writer, who was supposed to be dead long ago, flying plane and only Hyui was there, not Dalian. And introducing green hair girl with patched eye as another "shoka"...

And making of "forbidden book?"

Looks like it's right before Hyui meeting Dalian...

This "nice" anime ends next ep...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2011 12:09 PM

Nov 2008
Iris should have never trusted Raisel, she was nothing but trouble from the moment I saw her, don't trust a loli with an eyepatch.

Sep 24, 2011 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
ah, this episode was all over the place...
They gave some background on Hyui and at the same time introduce the Raisel and "the Professor" , but seriously why doing this when there is only one episode left?
huh?
Sep 24, 2011 2:22 PM

Mar 2010
This is fine and all, but I have no clue how they're going to end this series. It's been all over the place.
Sep 24, 2011 3:05 PM
Oct 2010
Ok, so we got the evil library girl's name. And I should have seen it coming, it's an archangel, Raziel (as opposed to the demon Dantalian.)

I liked this episode... but as already pointed, it's all disconnected. Also, it's almost the last episode and the story players' introduction have just been finished (if there's a story plot to begin with.)

Next episode doesn't seem too important, and even if it is we can conclude this season is just the intro. But is it good enough to grant a second one?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 24, 2011 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
Hm. I see.
I guess...
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Sep 24, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2011
Was confused at the beginning of this episode, but it came together finally. One more episode to go.
Sep 24, 2011 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
was tough to tell early if it was a flashback or not. seemed obvious it was at the end. I guess that evil version of Dalian and the Professor will appear later as enemies? Flashbacks, side stories, episodes about different characters .... it's hard to tell where this is going.
Sep 24, 2011 5:11 PM

Sep 2010
So... what's the point of everything up until now?
Sep 24, 2011 5:24 PM

Jul 2008
I prefer it to not have any big plot developement and stay episodic than it suddenly having a 2 episode forced plot.
If it sell enough for a s2 then the plot will surely be there.
Sep 24, 2011 6:00 PM

Aug 2010
Umm... okay
Sep 24, 2011 7:24 PM

Dec 2007
We're 11 episodes in and some of you still don't get that it's an episodic story and not a linear one? Idiots.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Sep 24, 2011 7:50 PM

Jul 2010
choyos said:
They gave some background on Hyui and at the same time introduce the Raisel and "the Professor" , but seriously why doing this when there is only one episode left?
Maybe they're just a small part of things and less essential to the plot than it seems. Camilla and Armand are both in the opening theme but how important are they to things? The main over-arcing theme this show has had is Anthony's memories as a child talking to that white and pink girl. Raziel and her keeper might end up no more important than Flam and that other guy she was with. (It's hard to keep track of names) And yeah, it's a bit disappointing, but I still like this show.

Seeker said:
We're 11 episodes in and some of you still don't get that it's an episodic story and not a linear one? Idiots.
Other shows have started out episodic and developed into a larger plot towards the end. I'm not saying this one will or will not, but that line of thinking isn't entirely incorrect if they don't know how the source material plays out. No need to be harsh.
Sep 24, 2011 8:50 PM
Oct 2010
Iilia said:
Seeker said:
Other shows have started out episodic and developed into a larger plot towards the end. I'm not saying this one will or will not, but that line of thinking isn't entirely incorrect if they don't know how the source material plays out. No need to be harsh.
I laugh at Seeker's comment. Forget harsh, no one is even saying its a linear story, he's like a dog barking at the air.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 24, 2011 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
I can't help but think this episode was a setup for plot development in a subsequent season. Something has to tie the three couples together that we have seen in pursuit of forbidden books. I'm waiting for next week to see just where we are left with this season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 24, 2011 10:01 PM

May 2010
Where is my YESU?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 24, 2011 11:10 PM

May 2010
An episode of dantalian no shoka without dalian isn't dantalian no shoka,or so i would have said if it was another episode but this episode was really awesome.
Sep 24, 2011 11:18 PM

Jul 2007
mystik said:
was tough to tell early if it was a flashback or not..

I don't think it was at all tough to understand where this episode was in the show's chronology. Huey hasn't worn the key since he met and formed a partnership with Dalian. It became a part of his hand. The key (and his attitude) was probably what was meant to indicate that the events were a flashback.

Well, that's the thing with non-linear storytelling. Some folks will get it and others will miss stuff.

I do hope they make a second season though. Though I've been quite pleased with the episodic style, I've always had this nagging feeling there's something more going on and yet it's just barely touched upon. Makes me want to read the manga to see if that makes more sense.
<---made of awesome!
Sep 25, 2011 12:14 AM

Mar 2011
Dalian: "Yes."
Raziel: "Ja."
Haha. Of course.

This episode is kind of messy.
Well there's finally some background story about Raziel. But we're not getting any background story about Dalian until now. Heck, are they even going to cover that? Is there any background story for Dalian in the novel? I need to know who's the chick that stays in Dalian's boobs-er, chest.
I guess next week will be about Raziel vs. Dalian? I hope it is. Or about Dalian's story. I hope one of those two.

For those who read the novel, is the anime covering all of the novels?
Sep 25, 2011 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
I'm utterly dissapointed by complete lack of loli Sawashiro Miyuki, Koshimizu Ami and Noto Mamiko. Nice to hear Hagimura though, i guess?

Anyway i was afraid suddenly rushed plot will appear for those 2 episodes, so i guess backstory and peacefull end will be better.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 25, 2011 7:54 AM

Sep 2009
Seeker said:

There were plenty of reasons to expect a linear story.
Sep 25, 2011 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
I thought this show was confising and all over the place the previous episodes..
Guess I knew nothing of how confusing it would be, I have no concept of where in time with the previous episodes this episode is taking place.

Can say that I am not all that impressed with this show : /

Edit: Well I think I might have been to hasty to say anything, the ending was kinda explaining things wasnt it xD
Still I do not like how the series is not linear, and does not seem to follow a plot, atleast I cant see it :P
RewstonSep 25, 2011 9:11 AM
Sep 25, 2011 10:19 AM

Jun 2011
I did not understand anything.
Sep 25, 2011 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
Sep 25, 2011 2:34 PM
Sep 2009
I think it's safe to say that they were aiming for few seasons from the start.
Sep 26, 2011 12:52 AM

Sep 2008
What happened to those other people from that episode back who knows when?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2011 3:12 AM
Dec 2010
stochastic anime ftw!
so... wanna take bets on how this is going to end? I for one have no clue...
Sep 26, 2011 11:12 AM

Jun 2011
I have absolutely no idea how they are gonna end this anime...
Sep 26, 2011 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, I have no idea how it's gonna end either. I hope we get to see the other two biblioprincesses in some kinda big show-down, but we might have to wait for a movie or second season for that. It's interesting to see a show try the episodic formula, instead of a single linear plot, but I feel like there's a lot of potential for a longer story as well. At least they didn't go totally formulaic and have the Freak of the Week defeated by Huey reaching into Dalian's delicious flat chest and pulling out a book.

I really like Raziel and Flamberge, it's too bad we didn't get to see the red bibliprincess open her gate (which is in her eye socket ... kinda gross but awesome at the same time). Maybe if there's a showdown of some sort she'll open it and the three guys can have a speed-reading contest? LOL, it should be interesting, regardless.
Sep 26, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
I kinda got used to this style of anime now XD~ This episode seemed a bit relaxing, despite what was happening lol I don't mind if it's not a linear plot anymore, I'm liking it exactly because the plot is all over the place lol I liked this episode, though it took a while for me to get what was happening. It was good to meet a new biblioprincess and i'm curious to see how it will end next episode :P
Sep 26, 2011 3:22 PM

May 2011
I wanna see all three biblioprincesses together in the last episode, that would be cool. I also wanna see that silver hair girl in the library do something. The opening where Huey's hand reaches out to her and changes with age has really interested me. Other then that, there is no telling what next episode is going to be.

Its interesting to see what Huey was doing just before he meets Dalian I guess...
Sep 27, 2011 1:54 PM
Jul 2009
so how did huey have the key to dalian BEFORE he met her? this was a prequel to ep 1 and he had the key around his neck and while he was trying to open the front door
Sep 27, 2011 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
Unlike other episodes I had seen from this show, everything was not so easily figured out or even guessed. I had no idea Ilas was dead, or that the Phantom Book was incomplete. Seeing a fiery Huey was a bit of a surprise, too. What really topped this episode off was seeing how it all tied into the first aired episode. I knew I had held out hope for this series for a reason.

That said, with only one episode left, I don't think this show will leave much of an impression. It has been all over the place, which has had its good and bad points. And I don't think there's anything the last episode can do to save this series from getting a rather average score. I really wanted to like this show, too.

Sep 27, 2011 9:52 PM

Jul 2008
I thought the episode was pretty good. But HOW can they end this series in one episode? There isn't even going to be an OVA anymore (even though that would be filler anyway).

I am not sure whether I should expect a really lame plot shoved into 22 minutes next week or if it will just be another episode with a standalone story.

Both options kind of suck. There is no way the plot could be successful in that time frame, and then if it is a standalone episode then the series never really went anywhere.

I really hope there is a second season announcement soon or I will be disappointed in this series. I think it had (and still has) a lot of potential.
Sep 28, 2011 2:01 PM

Nov 2008
Extremely heterosexual basketball.

That is all.
Sep 28, 2011 9:47 PM

Feb 2010
GarLogan78 said:
I thought the episode was pretty good. But HOW can they end this series in one episode? There isn't even going to be an OVA anymore (even though that would be filler anyway).

I am not sure whether I should expect a really lame plot shoved into 22 minutes next week or if it will just be another episode with a standalone story.

Both options kind of suck. There is no way the plot could be successful in that time frame, and then if it is a standalone episode then the series never really went anywhere.

I really hope there is a second season announcement soon or I will be disappointed in this series. I think it had (and still has) a lot of potential.

this. pretty much summed up what i fear... but we'll see.
Sep 28, 2011 10:30 PM

Sep 2007
Gainax, I am disappoint. So many loose plot ends that can't seemingly be tied together in one episode. What's the deal with Hugh and his past with the mystery girl? Flamberge and the guy? This new Raziel chick? Too many stories to deal with to end in one episode unless they plan on making a second season?
Sep 28, 2011 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
flame_master_14 said:
Hm. I see.
I guess...

prismheart said:
Umm... okay

That about sums up this episode.
Sep 29, 2011 3:54 AM

Feb 2011
lostinabook said:
Extremely heterosexual basketball.

POV from a yaoi immune.

That's what I thought too!! xD
Sep 29, 2011 3:59 AM
May 2008
MusashiRose said:
GarLogan78 said:

this. pretty much summed up what i fear... but we'll see.

They most likely won't and were setting up a second season that chances are won't happen now. Sort of like Kamisama Dolls.

ps. Norfolk, England. Yay!!
Sep 29, 2011 3:30 PM
Nov 2010
darkerealm said:
Awww no Dalian in this episode. :(

yeah, i was upset she wasn't in it.

I was confused for like 65% of the entire episode.
Sep 29, 2011 7:28 PM

Apr 2009
i know it wasn't part of this episode but, is it me or do you think its kinda of stupid that pretty much any power from a book requires you to read a long paragraph? maybe a sentence or two but i just think it is just to long to do.
Sep 30, 2011 3:05 PM

Jul 2011
Master7Zero said:
i know it wasn't part of this episode but, is it me or do you think its kinda of stupid that pretty much any power from a book requires you to read a long paragraph? maybe a sentence or two but i just think it is just to long to do.

If you ever look at any real Renaissance grimoires you'd be amazed at the length of the ceremonies. The Goetia, the book that Dantalian's name comes from, is typical of the bunch and it involves several PAGES of stuff you're supposed to be saying, prayers, statements, threats, more prayers, etc. And that's just the opening. Most of them are like that. I haven't seen one yet that is 'concise'. I think one esoteric scholar determined that a normal ceremony with all the preparations done in advance was still several HOURS.
Oct 1, 2011 7:36 AM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty interesting background on Huey, that cold personality doesn't fit his baby-ish face .__.;
in the beginning I thought this was gonna be a rather nice episode but then Eilas just had to die and got revived and all that D:
I knew that bartender was evil =3= so we get a proper intro on the last Bibliotecha lol at Armand as always
Oct 1, 2011 10:47 PM

Sep 2010
Well I understood the episode of episode !!.. and now that i have watched episode 12.. all i can say is... "What The Fridge" ??? there better be a second season.. you can't end anything like that!

Zombies = WTH...?
Oct 2, 2011 1:27 PM

Dec 2009
Rasiel is cute. <3
Wish there was more episodes with her. ;3;
The episode was fine.
Oct 18, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2010
Confucius said:
Where is my YESU?

well you got "JA" instead.
lets see how this ends.

Oct 19, 2011 9:00 AM

Jun 2011
Quite confusing at first but it looks like this episode can be considered as a prequel to this series.

The story about Huey and his senior Ilas during Huey;s life as a pilot. We finally know that eye-patched girl name (it's Raziel) and her Keykeeper (only known as Professor).

And somehow some people can make their own Phantom Books...
Oct 20, 2011 10:00 PM

Apr 2009
So he really did get inside the archive when he was young? I thought it was just he appears young when he's inside the archive or something. And he already has the key from this time which looks like this happened before episode one. Ah whatever, moving on...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 21, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
When that guy went to heaven (or hell) together with his plane and they changed to the sign with "No smoking please", that really was a misplaced joke. :p

tofei said:
So he really did get inside the archive when he was young? I thought it was just he appears young when he's inside the archive or something. And he already has the key from this time which looks like this happened before episode one. Ah whatever, moving on...
Hmm... Didn't he receive the key in that letter from his grandfather? You really just have to ignore these kind of facts and just move on with this show, they should have really made some things a bit more clear.
And I you are confusion Huey with that other guy that has died in this ep, they look very alike though.
ObinderuOct 21, 2011 2:09 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 7 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Aug 26, 2011

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.