Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2011 9:55 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was pretty good, can't fucking wait for next ep. oh uu fkmt
Aug 31, 2011 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
GOD, RIGHT NOW I'M TEMPTED TO READ THE MANGA!!

Fuck*in' cliffhanger!
Aug 31, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
Turb0_mugen said:
GOD, RIGHT NOW I'M TEMPTED TO READ THE MANGA!!

Fuck*in' cliffhanger!

I thought about reading the manga too! This anime is killing me, cause of the cliffhangers D:<
But it's awesome, awesome...AWESOME!...like the narrator would say :D

Aug 31, 2011 11:43 AM
Apr 2011
HOW MANY MORE EPISODE WITH BALLS ROLLING AROUND!?
I want him to win but what I love with this anime is that you almost never know if he will fall into hell or reach heaven. It makes the cliffhangers even more exciting.
Aug 31, 2011 12:32 PM

May 2010
EPIC!!!!

THAT WAS AN AWESOME MINDF*CK!!!!!

And what's more is that it's not over yet with the cliffhanger!!!

My wait till 3am is sooooo worth it!!! :D
Aug 31, 2011 12:37 PM

Jun 2009
This episode is A W E S O M E *O*
but nerve breaking as well *-* , how can i wait another week to see what happen ??? -_-"

anyway , i have a strong feeling he'll win this time , despite the flaw he made , he'll find out a way to do it ..
Aug 31, 2011 1:16 PM

May 2008
Yeah, I'm about done with this. It's utterly ridiculous. How you people aren't sick of this baffles me, it's been the same episode for 5 weeks, if not more. This isn't suspense, this is cheap. It's the exact same as the old DBZ, 5 eps of powering up, followed with 10 minutes of fighting in the 6th. It's just filler.
Aug 31, 2011 1:44 PM

May 2010
^^Correct me if I'm wrong but...Isn't all of this in the manga? So It can't be called a "filler"..It's just "too much waiting" for you...This is exactly why most people wait until the show is over to marathon it...

Anyways, Best episode in this entire bog arc. I find it incredibly hilarious how Ichijou is wallowing in despair in front of the whole crowd and no one says anything, lol.
Aug 31, 2011 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
I can't take this.
I'm going to start balding soon.

ffufuuuufufuf
So good.
Aug 31, 2011 4:37 PM

Sep 2010
Oh! That makes sense. When that single ball rolled away the first time I thought the hole might have a magnet that repels balls. Though I suppose they wouldn't have used bronz balls earlier in that case.
Aug 31, 2011 4:45 PM

Sep 2007
All of this is in the manga. :)
Aug 31, 2011 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
amazing, simply amazing. i still cant believe how long they've been dragging this arc on. I dont mind that they are dragging it on tho because every ep is so good. but you would never think anyone could make an arc about pachinko so long and epic..leave it to Kaiji.
Aug 31, 2011 6:24 PM

Jun 2008
I can't believe how long they're dragging the Bog for...
Aug 31, 2011 8:08 PM

Aug 2008
SAIIIIIIIIIIIIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 31, 2011 9:02 PM

Apr 2011
This is possibly the best episode of anime ever. Intensity is off-the-charts.
Aug 31, 2011 9:48 PM

Dec 2007
I cursed at the screen every time the ball rolled away from the winner. It's so damn frustrating! >.<

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Sep 1, 2011 12:54 AM

Jul 2007
^ I was doing the same thing ffffuuuuuucccckkkkk go in!
Sep 1, 2011 1:44 AM
Apr 2011
Man, just when they thought that all hope was lost, a ray of hope appears!
i like the episodes and everything but this bog arc is starting to get a little long, oh well, we're just a few weeks away from the end

so, what could that fatal flaw be?
Sep 1, 2011 2:20 AM

Mar 2009
I just had a feeling the balls wouldn't go in as Kaiji had wanted them to.
Sep 1, 2011 3:08 AM

May 2008
RealScreamer said:
^^Correct me if I'm wrong but...Isn't all of this in the manga? So It can't be called a "filler"..It's just "too much waiting" for you...This is exactly why most people wait until the show is over to marathon it...

Anyways, Best episode in this entire bog arc. I find it incredibly hilarious how Ichijou is wallowing in despair in front of the whole crowd and no one says anything, lol.

So the manga is also badly written, or it's just the anime people filling in their time slot, while also making sure they can get to their episode limit. Everything they showed in the last 5 episodes could be done in 2 or 3. It might not be filler, but it sure as hell feels like that though. A far, far cry from the first season.
Sep 1, 2011 4:43 AM
Nov 2010
Seeker said:
I cursed at the screen every time the ball rolled away from the winner. It's so damn frustrating! >.<

Hehe, I was thinking the same, I should've waited until this finished, after all, oh, well, it's a cliffhanger! :)
Sep 1, 2011 9:37 AM
Mar 2008
mueske said:
RealScreamer said:

So the manga is also badly written, or it's just the anime people filling in their time slot, while also making sure they can get to their episode limit. Everything they showed in the last 5 episodes could be done in 2 or 3. It might not be filler, but it sure as hell feels like that though. A far, far cry from the first season.

This is much better than the first season. In terms of creativity and writing. First season is just a bunch of childish games. This season is actual real gambling.
Sep 1, 2011 7:02 PM

Sep 2008
...and also a step away from the first season's mind games, being only about who's better at cheating xD Not that I'm complaining, though. It's just that each season had its own flaws and good things, but it gives Kaiji overall diversity.

On a non-related note, I'm still surprised at how they can drag the same scene for over 5 episodes without me getting bored at all xD

I won't spoil myself with the manga, even if I'd like to. I'll just wait till the anime ends. The weekly waiting is part of Kaiji's magic.
Sep 1, 2011 7:22 PM

May 2010
mueske said:

I think they are more or less going for the affect of making us wait for the results until people can't handle it anymore.

If you look into the atmosphere in the show you can tell they want you to feel like the people underground and the people watching Kaiji play the bog..So in a way, I like that they dragged it on a bit but you're right, it could have been done shorter.

& I disagree, I think both season are on the same level of greatness..
Sep 1, 2011 8:00 PM

Feb 2010
TheBastid said:
mueske said:
RealScreamer said:

This is much better than the first season. In terms of creativity and writing. First season is just a bunch of childish games. This season is actual real gambling.

childish games with much more strategy and mind games.

yeah , sure.

real gambling? maybe , so? every real gamble except poker seems way to random and boring imo , i also dont understand why you call it creative...

btw i think i understand the problem in kaiji plan , the bog probably isnt in the center of the building , so it will also move a little to one side.
VanisherSep 1, 2011 8:05 PM
Sep 2, 2011 1:20 AM

Jun 2008
^ What about mahjong? Lolol

I think Kaiji put all those blocks in one corner of the building or something, so it tilted diagonally.
Sep 2, 2011 3:43 AM

Jul 2007
You don't have to watch it, gtfo.
Sep 2, 2011 8:54 AM

Sep 2009
good eps ...but please ....i had enough with the ball rolling around doing the same thing ....please win this time kaiji ...
Sep 2, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2011
purplegem7 said:
I think Kaiji put all those blocks in one corner of the building or something, so it tilted diagonally.

Most likely...the balls also fell into the same hole - has to be the direction where the water blacks are standing.

Sep 2, 2011 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
I just hope he wins, otherwise this whole season has been for nothing. Of course, there's still a lot of manga to cover after this so he's bound to end up with a huge debt again. I'm guessing because of the paper he signed for Endou.
Sep 2, 2011 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
purplegem7 said:
^ What about mahjong? Lolol

i thought about it , but i didnt know it mahjong was considered gambling.

and i dont think that he will deal such a big mistake :P , instead que titled equally in the sides , but the bog isnt exactly in the middle , so its the same :P
Sep 3, 2011 2:01 AM

Jun 2008
Mahjong has more chance involved than the anime has you think, it just seems more guaranteed because of all the cheating XD Some may say it's even more exciting than poker if you understand the rules properly!
Sep 7, 2011 1:08 AM

Feb 2010
mueske said:
Yeah, I'm about done with this. It's utterly ridiculous. How you people aren't sick of this baffles me, it's been the same episode for 5 weeks, if not more. This isn't suspense, this is cheap. It's the exact same as the old DBZ, 5 eps of powering up, followed with 10 minutes of fighting in the 6th. It's just filler.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this... It isn't really filler since the manga does it the same. It's really ridiculous how long they drag it on for. Each chapter just has like, one moment where it seems like Kaiji's plan failed or he gets a new ray of hope or something, the rest of it is probably just Ichijou speculating or being cocky... or the endless repetition of pachinko balls failing to make it to the goal.

I have to say I think the first season was way more exciting with Tonegawa's philosophy and how there was generally just more psychological stuff involved. We've also only got 2 gambles in this season whereas the first season had like... 5 gambles, plus there were gambles within the gambles. Indeed, this season is more about cheating the cheater, which isn't bad at all... but this animation is pretty dull to watch for the most part and they definitely could've cut it down, even if it meant being a little less faithful to the manga. The fact that it's 3D makes it sorta unappealing to me...

This is still some great Kaiji action, but I think the first season was much better and more fun to watch.
Sep 9, 2011 7:39 AM
Jan 2010
mueske said:

u r a filler
Oct 2, 2011 11:22 AM

Jun 2011
The intense is killing me!!!
Oct 21, 2011 6:53 PM

Jun 2008
SO FUCKING INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 27, 2012 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
Gradation said:
I can't believe how long they're dragging the Bog for...

This, at this rate, the anime is going to end with the Bog. I was kind expecting one more arc, but I guess it's not going to happen. Either that or a rushed ending..like in season 1.
Oct 6, 2012 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
I like how the momentum's been swaying back and forth between Kaiji and Ichijou and giving each one a spot of hope. Ultimately, it's gonna go Kaiji's way in the end though... for now.
Jul 27, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2012
TravSavage said:
I like how the momentum's been swaying back and forth between Kaiji and Ichijou and giving each one a spot of hope.

ITS KILLING ME!!!!
Aug 8, 2013 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
This episode made me hate the anime...
The balls go straight to the "winner hole" and just when they are 1 mm away from it , they make a sharp turn...
Gib [img] plz
May 7, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
this is actually killing me, haha.
Jun 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2012
In the end during the proverbs what the fuck kind of playground was that? Looks like some s&m playground. Or human centipede shit.
Sep 20, 2014 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
THE INTENSITY OF THIS IS FUCKING INSANE! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ICHIJOU GET REKT!!!!

Dec 25, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2013
Lol'd at the caterpillar climbing the tree comparison.
Amazing episode. That chain reaction. And all these people cheering on Kaiji.
Also that divebomb comparison. xD Gotta love all these comparisons in Kaiji.
Dec 31, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2014
"its clogged with balls!"
Feb 25, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
This arc is getting drawn out for far too long. I was hoping the final arc would be him vs the director again but I doubt it with how long this arc is taking...
Apr 13, 2015 11:55 PM

Nov 2011
We certainly go the most progression in a while but the arc really should be over. A light at the end of the tunnel for Ichijou perhaps? who knows, those balls don't wanna go in.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 13, 2015 1:05 AM
Nov 2014
Man this episode gave me heart attacks! I THOUGHT IT WENT IN XD.
Nov 2, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Goddamnit, that was such a clever find from Kaiji, noticing that the balls wren't falling through the hole anymore. But I can't say for sure whether Kaiji is lucky, or if he's just terribly unlucky. Sometime he can be so clever and think of freaking crazy, other times, he fuck it up big time on... a lottery.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 14, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2012
The suspense is draining me dry. GOOO IN THE HOOOOLE I'm begging ya. Based on Kaiji's results in the past, the uncertainty is crawling back in.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Kaiji's Tragedy

Loveinsanithy - Apr 20

7 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Apr 20, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MadManBeto - Sep 27, 2011

213 by Phixiately »»
Mar 6, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShiroiRyu - Sep 20, 2011

86 by Phixiately »»
Mar 5, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShiroiRyu - Sep 16, 2011

71 by Phixiately »»
Mar 4, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Guns47 - Sep 8, 2011

95 by Phixiately »»
Mar 3, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.