3It was OK
8.0%
2Disliked it
0.9%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.6
212 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2011 7:30 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Preview: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/GPplayerJMe.html?anime/onepiece/110717onepiece&type=flv

Next week the real training begins!
ninkendoJul 9, 2011 7:42 PM
Jul 9, 2011 8:04 PM

Jun 2010
Ep. better than i hopped. Love the Zoro moments, Sanji "return" and Brook question of why was he there xD
Love the preview :D
Jul 9, 2011 8:32 PM

Feb 2011
Rofl. Baboons ran when Mihawk came, that never gets old. I like this pace which they covered a bit more of the manga but oh well.
Jul 9, 2011 9:30 PM

Oct 2007
It was GREAT to see everyone again!!

I couldn't predict how many characters we would be going through in this episode but my guess was 2 and got proved wrong time and time again. I never expected they would cover all of them..it was fast paced but it was just what was required. I kinda like how zoro got more screen time than the others and his fight with the baboon was the first real fight we got to see in awhile!
Jul 9, 2011 10:13 PM

Jul 2010
Seeing the entire crew was great.

Zoro's segment was the best.

Chopper's segment reminded me of "How to Train Your Dragon."

Ace's death just hit me.. almost teared up when everyone was like "Oh no..." Lol.
Jul 9, 2011 10:20 PM

Feb 2011
sspatel_55 said:
It was GREAT to see everyone again!!

I couldn't predict how many characters we would be going through in this episode but my guess was 2 and got proved wrong time and time again. I never expected they would cover all of them..it was fast paced but it was just what was required. I kinda like how zoro got more screen time than the others and his fight with the baboon was the first real fight we got to see in awhile!

Zoro's had more to cover. I have so Many quetions x.x I'm wondering if Lola's mom is bigmom the yonko and if she is ,Luffy most likely will meet her in fisherman island. Putting the manga aside for now ltill anime is a bit further then I can start reading x.x
Jul 9, 2011 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
Wow it was great to see all the crew again.
Jul 9, 2011 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
sspatel_55 said:
I couldn't predict how many characters we would be going through in this episode but my guess was 2 and got proved wrong time and time again. I never expected they would cover all of them..it was fast paced but it was just what was required.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Thought it was just going to be Zoro and Chopper, and maybe Nami, but didn't figure it'd be all of them in one fell swoop. That surprised me. Not that I'm not happy with that though.

As much as I liked the preview, I was kind of hoping the next episode would entail them trying to get to Luffy more than having Rayleigh arrive.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 9, 2011 11:01 PM

Jul 2010
Fat. Usopp.

That is all.
Jul 9, 2011 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
Was nice to see the whole crew again, Sanji needed more screen time!
Jul 9, 2011 11:14 PM
Jun 2011
good ep...
Jul 9, 2011 11:19 PM

Dec 2009
akihikosama said:
Wow it was great to see all the crew again.

Yup!

Jul 9, 2011 11:45 PM

Apr 2010
Robin <3
Jul 10, 2011 12:37 AM
Nov 2009
OH MY GOODNESS! :D This was so much better than I hoped! I was all prepared to go through the slow torture of having 2 crew members find out each episode, and then they do this! Finally it's moving at a real pace! And the preview for the next time looks like they might begin the training, and so the

EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL AGAIN *____*
Jul 10, 2011 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
With this EP done, I'm hoping that 507 starts the training.

I'm also thanking the gods that Sanji snapped out of it.
Jul 10, 2011 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
woah so fast paced o_O
next episode the training :D
Jul 10, 2011 2:43 AM

Jun 2010
Awesome ep, good seeing the characters again :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2011 3:31 AM

Jun 2010
Finally, we saw the others. And Mihawk's entrance was epic.

I hope it won't drag much now.
Jul 10, 2011 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
Robin! Cover yourself up a bit! Jesus Christ!

Other than that, great episode.
Jul 10, 2011 5:37 AM

Aug 2010
2-D said:
Robin! Cover yourself up a bit! Jesus Christ!

Other than that, great episode.

agree! +1 xD
Jul 10, 2011 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
Not much happened. But Zoro and Mihawk meeting again was cool. If they ever get a rematch and they probably will it shall be epic. I'm at least happy they did that all in one episode rather than two people an episode like the other times.
Jul 10, 2011 5:49 AM

Nov 2010
What happened to Robins face?!!

Awesome episode though :)
Jul 10, 2011 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
StellaNoxFleuret said:
Finally, we saw the others. And Mihawk's entrance was epic.

I got goosebumps from his entrance lol.;) damm Robin is hot!:P
Jul 10, 2011 6:50 AM

Jul 2010
KaizokuBeatle said:

yeah it's like they couldn't be bothered or just didn't want to spend the extra to bring the animation quality up to par
Jul 10, 2011 6:51 AM

Feb 2011
I am excited for opening 15, any news on it?
Jul 10, 2011 7:03 AM

May 2008
Zoro and Perona are fun together xD

Robin, cover your bewbs, woman! God!

Fat Usopp! :D

I laughed so hard at Okama Sanji and also

Chopper's voice, oh I missed it so muuuuuch <3
Jul 10, 2011 7:09 AM

Aug 2008
AnimePoop said:

I think you'll have to wait when the story continue 2 years after, since I don't read the manga for not spoiling the anime, I don't know how many episode, let's say at least 3 more episodes (from what I know)

Great episode! Chopper butt is so cute! XD

Edit:: I just went to one piece wikia. The episode 507 cover a part (not sure) of the story of the chapter 591. We are currently in the Post-war arc and there are still 7 chapters of the manga to cover (If I assume one episode=one chapter).
KuriniJul 10, 2011 7:14 AM
Jul 10, 2011 8:30 AM

Jul 2010
It's great to see everyone again!
Jul 10, 2011 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
kleeny said:
AnimePoop said:

I think you'll have to wait when the story continue 2 years after, since I don't read the manga for not spoiling the anime, I don't know how many episode, let's say at least 3 more episodes (from what I know)

Great episode! Chopper butt is so cute! XD

Edit:: I just went to one piece wikia. The episode 507 cover a part (not sure) of the story of the chapter 591. We are currently in the Post-war arc and there are still 7 chapters of the manga to cover (If I assume one episode=one chapter).

The big 3 usually get their new openings in April and October and I could see One Piece taking that long (October) to get there if they extend the training a bit and go more in-depth
Jul 10, 2011 2:19 PM
Mar 2010
Really good ep, but the reason it was so fast paced was becuase it was technically a filler episode lol. There were exactly zero pages covered from the manga, but it was still nice to see more depth added to the crews' stories.
Jul 10, 2011 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode, Really amazing pace and great to see the crew again. Lol at Sanji.Oh and if you guys want to see more One Piece action, check out my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBoB_auyar0&feature=channel_video_title
Jul 10, 2011 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
Amazing episode!! I loved how it switched between the crew.

Zoro's was definitely the most interesting!!

5/5!
Jul 10, 2011 5:25 PM

Jan 2010
Nice. I got a weird satisfaction out of seeing all the crew members' reactions to the news. Also, I feel like the Robin parts have have a completely different animation style compared to the rest.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 10, 2011 7:28 PM

Feb 2011
mundo said:
Really good ep, but the reason it was so fast paced was becuase it was technically a filler episode lol. There were exactly zero pages covered from the manga, but it was still nice to see more depth added to the crews' stories.

What are you saying? This wasn't a filler it was part of the manga...

I've been waiting for this timeskip for a while now x.x who else besides me has been watching previous arcs? :P I'm a one piece genius now, rofl
Jul 10, 2011 7:38 PM

Dec 2009
AnimePoop said:
mundo said:

What are you saying? This wasn't a filler it was part of the manga...

I've been waiting for this timeskip for a while now x.x who else besides me has been watching previous arcs? :P I'm a one piece genius now, rofl

In the manga they actually never show the resolutions of the situations the crew ended up in, or how they found out about Ace dying. It just skipped right to the part where they already knew.
Jul 10, 2011 9:09 PM

Nov 2009
this was definitely in the manga. but yea i enjoyed that. robins face was fucked up but there was a lot of emotion all around. chopper i forgot you had a cute voice :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2011 10:34 PM

Dec 2009
aelove said:
this was definitely in the manga. but yea i enjoyed that. robins face was fucked up but there was a lot of emotion all around. chopper i forgot you had a cute voice :D

Give me the exact pages from the chapters. that show these situations playing exactly as they did in the anime. Seriously, sick of " This was in the manga" when it wasn't, just the end parts were.

Edit: Just for good measure I reread all the the chapters after the Sabo past arc, and like that one guy said, everything in this episode is filler, but good filler that explains everything.
Aiko_HiroshiJul 10, 2011 11:47 PM
Jul 11, 2011 8:08 AM

Feb 2011
Jouten said:
aelove said:

Give me the exact pages from the chapters. that show these situations playing exactly as they did in the anime. Seriously, sick of " This was in the manga" when it wasn't, just the end parts were.

Edit: Just for good measure I reread all the the chapters after the Sabo past arc, and like that one guy said, everything in this episode is filler, but good filler that explains everything.

You said it yourself, the end part was in it. Don't start acting all irritated because people perhaps forgot or got things mixed up, just point it out and end the discussion.
Jul 11, 2011 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
Brace625 said:
KaizokuBeatle said:

yeah it's like they couldn't be bothered or just didn't want to spend the extra to bring the animation quality up to par

It's called ARTWORK!, ARTWORK! god dammit NOT animation.
Jul 11, 2011 9:17 AM
Mar 2010
AnimePoop said:
Jouten said:
aelove said:

You said it yourself, the end part was in it. Don't start acting all irritated because people perhaps forgot or got things mixed up, just point it out and end the discussion.

No, the end part wasn't in it. Not a single frame from this episode was in the manga. Go check starting from chapter 591.
Jul 11, 2011 9:56 AM

Jul 2009
Seeing all the Straw Hats was awesome. I lol'd at Sanji when he turned back to normal xD
Jul 11, 2011 12:30 PM

Dec 2009
mundo said:
AnimePoop said:
Jouten said:
aelove said:

No, the end part wasn't in it. Not a single frame from this episode was in the manga. Go check starting from chapter 591.

Yep, completely correct
Jul 11, 2011 1:11 PM

Jun 2009
Damn yes, the whole crew being shown. And Zoro got more screen time than rest of the crew. And it was only in 1 ep! :) 5/5

Jul 11, 2011 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
Jouten said:
mundo said:
AnimePoop said:
Jouten said:
aelove said:

Yep, completely correct

This chapter cannot be said to be filler since it contains MOMMENTs from the manga. I mean, PLEASE just because it doesnt have the EXACT frames, dialogue and expressions doesnt mean that it WASNT in the manga. Well, of course Zoro's and Chopper's moment were not specified in the manga, but it was there because if not, we'd be wondering what happened to them! & it just get Damn Confsing!
Jul 11, 2011 9:21 PM

May 2011
Zoro and Mihawk's encounter was done well even if it's a tad different in the manga. I like how they showcased the baboons' strength. They're no pushover's, even for Zoro. Also Mihawk's presence alone reminds us of how much of a difference there is between the two at the moment.

FUURAANKYYYY! KONOYARO! I swear you made me think you saw vegapunks clone or some crazy cyborg army a year ago... but a damn APE... Cmon! Lmfao.

Robin was getting worse and worse in appearance (see ep.505), so I think they tried something new this week to redeem her lol

SANJI WTF MAN! I'm scarred for life... Hope your back to your senses now.

I think Usopp will be going for a long jog very soon.

Overall, the crew's screentime was nice and well paced.
Jul 11, 2011 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
the episode wasn't exactly from the manga, though it had the scenes Oda skipped in the manga...

in the manga Oda made it faster, he showed everyone already knowing about the incident..

the anime guys were just filling this for us..

so it wasn't a filler.. it is 100% story
Jul 12, 2011 7:06 AM

Dec 2007
2-D said:
Robin! Cover yourself up a bit!

Well, still, I wouldn't encourage that x). Her breasts are lovely.

Two questions for a manga readers:
Did Luffy really beat the exact same seaking(from that accident with Shanks) when he left for his voyage as shown in anime?
Did Sanji really give up and put on a dress? Because that kinda ruined this character for me.
PutyJul 12, 2011 7:11 AM

Jul 12, 2011 8:26 AM
Feb 2011
Puty said:

Did Luffy really beat the exact same seaking(from that accident with Shanks) when he left for his voyage as shown in anime?

Yes he beat him in chapter 1. It was not shown for whatever reason in the Anime until now. And by the way it is not a seaking but a sea monster(or beast). Seakings are much bigger than that

Puty said:

Did Sanji really give up and put on a dress? Because that kinda ruined this character for me.

smokes said:

the anime guys were just filling this for us..

so it wasn't a filler.. it is 100% story

You say they were "filling" for us and you don't call it a "filler"

What they did was fan fiction, nothing else. It isn't better than what you or I could write and it is as canon as it would be if you or I would have written it.

There is a word to describe it and this word is "implied filler". But implied filler is filler nonetheless.
Jul 13, 2011 1:26 PM

Jan 2007
THE CREEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ;A; *weeps tears of joy*

Omfg murderous baboobs lol. Perona's an idiot, what stopped her from Hollow-ing those chimps? Sounds like a nice, elegant solution. Keep doing it at least until Zoro can run away, or beat them up. But PFFFT NO, SHE'LL FLOAT AROUND WITH HER UMBRELLA, HURRR.
Lol zomg Mihawk ;w;

Chopper was cute but still kind of random xD;;; still, omfg, the poor thing ;w; the poor entire crew when they read the newspaper.
LOL @ Sanji's makeup and eyelashes melting away. HURRAH, HE'S A MAN AGAAAAIN \o/ BANZAIIIII
Alright, Usopp'n. Time to lose weight lol.

It was kind of obvious that Zoro'll be the one to have the news broken to him in person, seeing how despite it all he has a special bond with Luffy (Luffy has a unique bond with each crew-member, but with Zoro it's different because he's not only the first, but he's also the one who looks out for Luffy the most in a sense - see Thriller Bark. Sanji's sacrifice could arguably be that he knows he can't take care of Luffy and everyone else like Zoro, so he was trying to save Zoro instead), but I was still happy when they played it out like that. Also makes sense because of the circumstances, but they could've just dropped a newspaper there too instead of tie Kuma's sending Perona and Zoro both there to have had a meaning (Perona because he no doubt knew where Mihawk lived and knew it fulfilled her vacation-wishes, and Zoro because... well, Mihawk).
Ugh, poor crew-mates ;w; ironically I kind of want to look up the manga version for this now, if only so I can stall as long as I want on each crew member and their reactions to the news. In the anime because they wanted to shove so much in, they rush through the important bits (though... stall for a tiny eternity with Mihawk's footsteps... I swear it's like they smear-smear-smear and as the episode goes on just start chopping-chopping-chopping :V)

But omfg shock and dread and what not ;A; LUUUFFFFYYYYY *kicks everyone to where he is so they can comfort him).
I can only imagine how sucky they must be feeling, thinking they let him down. "If only they were stronger", that sort of shiz. Then they wouldn't have separated in the Archipelago, or would've made it there on time or what not. Most of the crew other than Zoro and Robin were also fooling around for the most part; how horrible it must be, asking themselves - "what was I doing these past few days..."
I can only hope this'll get Sanji back on track; Usopp too. I really loved them in the last few sagas and now after doing nothing but being complete idiots, they get the worst possible wake up call ever. They failed their captain and close friend, and instead of at least being there by his side - they're a fatso and a crossdresser. HURRRRR.

Think I'll stop seeing the previews from now on. I like not knowing what's going to happen X3 it's a complete and utter excitement~~~ \o/ But durrr kind of hard to stop in time if I'm lazy, because there's no ending sequence now xD;

And I realized that the way in which they ended the episode was amazing, if only for this next reason:
In 505, they finished the episode with Luffy imagining his crew calling out to him.
Well they weren't grinning, but they all called out his name at the end of 506 C:

Pre-post edit, after reading around: Though it seems like not all of this was in the manga. Yet another reason why I can't abandon the anime in favor of reading the manga first ;w; <3
Jul 14, 2011 12:28 AM
Jun 2008
Great to see a filler this related to the story, it may not be in the manga but it makes the anime better. Its indeed a scene Oda skipped, cause he wanted fast paced. It's also not too far fetched to think Oda did it on purpose, so the anime could make a 'filler' out of it. One piece doesnt fall into a filler agony that way.

I think he's working quite closely with the anime guys. (making the story strong world for a 'filler' movie)

But whatever, it was a great filler ;-P hehe 5/5

Edit: many scenes were taken from the manga, but I think most of them were already in the crews whereabout stories, and it didnt went to any depth. So its more a recap story;P except for the part where they find out, thats filler
reaghtJul 14, 2011 12:32 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

26 by phantom346 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 362 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jul 17, 2008

59 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

329 by ThreeSwordStyle7 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ironkarma - Jul 15, 2008

77 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

11 by Spartacus2525 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.