Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2011 1:33 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So he was really twin bro of Hayato-sama..
Boys rooms were related with their personalities..
'Pair up' event is beginning..
Ittose's song wasn't that bad..
And finally she got one of boys heart, who is next? Maybe Ichinose..

Niconico has subs, but only for selective countries..

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 9, 2011 1:54 PM

Oct 2010
I really liked this episode. NicoNico Subs :) . I like this show. Much more interesting than starry Sky. I really liked this first pairing for this episode. That cat is somehow evil I think. lol

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Jul 9, 2011 2:00 PM

Apr 2010
lol that was fast i wasnt expecting the 2nd ep until next week...

lol i was right about the twin thing i guess..

im surprised tshe didnt know how to read the music since she had learned to play the piano O.o

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 9, 2011 2:54 PM

Aug 2009

DEM BISHIES!!!!

ALL THESE GUYS ARE JUST SO CUTE!!!!! CAN I PLEASE GO TO SCHOOL WITH THEM!?!?!? T_____T

AND TWINS!!!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!! XD

The opening has a CLOSE kiss scene. I REALLY REALLY REALLY PRAY we can have a kiss scene in this show! T__T
like 1/10 reversed harems have them.
I dont understand why so many romance animes are so against having a kiss scene!
THATS WHY WE ARE WATCHING DUMBUTT! X___X
I really pray we can have a kiss scene!!!

The story is really going different from the manga, but I like this story better!!!

And why are the guy dorms look like hotel suites while the girls look like cheap motel rooms???????XDD

And lastly, the girl Haruka.. she would honestly look SOO MUCH PRETTIER if that green pupil in her eye was black. Her eyes are just insane! But too late to change that now >__>.....

Right now I'm on team Ittoki! He's so sweet! V___V
Jul 9, 2011 3:00 PM

Jun 2010
super sexy,ultra sexy,ultra x19 sexy. I started to love him.
Jul 9, 2011 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
Twin brother?? ok.

Are they trying to match the girl with the younger brother? Or the guy always helping her? lol~ they are roomies!
tsubasaloverJul 9, 2011 3:32 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 9, 2011 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
I really don't like to label things "guilty pleasures" but...I am enjoying this so much lol.

Even with all the cheese and simple characters, everyone is so cute and it's so goony it's funny...I'm really really liking it.
Jul 9, 2011 4:35 PM

Nov 2007
Enjoyed this episode a lot. Ittoki's song turned out to be pretty good! I haven't seen starry sky. So I can't compare. But this anime is pretty awesome for my shoujo feat this season. (of course, Natsume is in another level.)

I was surprised that she didn't even know how to read scores and still manage to get into a college entirely based for music. that was pretty bad imho. and then getting to understand scores in just a single day was like WTH!?!?

As for the anime so far, they male characters and the female lead are cliche but I really like them so far. I guess this is Miyano's first role as twins. I hope this Hayato-sama! Hayato-sama! stuff comes to an end pretty soon. The only annoying thing about this anime ;)

I like NicoNico's translation and other than one mistake, it was really quick and accurate. Fans are complaining about their streaming quality, I say they are pretty good so far for this one. Blood-C's streaming was bad, which couldn't match the bitrate requirements to capture the actions. Since Uta no Prince-sama is a shoujo anime, I guess it wont be too bad to watch it entirely in NicoNico.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 9, 2011 6:22 PM

Sep 2008
I like the second episode better than the first. It's definitely becoming interesting.

Lulexiaa said:
And why are the guy dorms look like hotel suites while the girls look like cheap motel rooms???????XDD

Lol I was thinking the same thing! It was funny to see the guys being roommates. Poor Shou was harassed by Natsuki XD

I hope to hear a new insert song every episode. Otoya's insert song this week was rather nice and suited his character.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jul 9, 2011 8:13 PM

Jul 2011
Liked the second a lot more then the first myself. 4/5

Music was decent, things flowed better, didn't try too hard to be interesting.

Still having a hard time with Haruka's fish eyes, though.
Jul 9, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2008
I'm really enjoying this. Ittoki-kun is very cute! When he started singing it was just... *melts* <3 XD

As for Haruka, I don't really understand how she could've gotten into the school without knowing how to read music. Unless that wasn't part of the test? But really, you'd think someone who wants to become a composer would've already learnt how to read music. It's not that difficult. Especially if you can already play the piano. Ah well.
Jul 9, 2011 9:18 PM

Feb 2011
Lulexiaa said:

I dont understand why so many romance animes are so against having a kiss scene!

And lastly, the girl Haruka.. she would honestly look SOO MUCH PRETTIER if that green pupil in her eye was black. Her eyes are just insane! But too late to change that now >__>.....

Right now I'm on team Ittoki! He's so sweet! V___V

TOTALLY AGREE ^ of course i always loved ittoki, but obviously haruka wont go for him in the end v__v, if she wont i will ^__^ hehe

and yea, there rly better be a kiss scene :/

and her eyes... well all of the characters look... not realistic... but since it's anime, it's ok! >__^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2011 9:54 PM
Jul 2007
Omg! I am loving this series. Ittoki, Otoya is really starting to take a shine to Nanami, Haruka. This is going to be an interesting series.
Jul 9, 2011 10:37 PM
Jun 2008
love-making = immediate dropping out of school .giv Haruka the fellin of guilty pleasure.

hot Bishie sure like to pop out in the lake near while Haruka walking there alone.Even the principal pop out there to explain bout Hayato's twin bro....why he explain in such good timing 0_0 .
Jul 9, 2011 11:38 PM

Jul 2010
I had a feeling they were twins.
Jul 9, 2011 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
Cool. :]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 9, 2011 11:41 PM

Feb 2011
Poor Ittoki....

Makes me sad that he's going to lose to Hayato the combat butler

After watching these first 2 episodes I might just have to give Starry Sky a second chance. Maybe it picks up as well?

Lulexiaa said:

The opening has a CLOSE kiss scene. I REALLY REALLY REALLY PRAY we can have a kiss scene in this show! T__T
like 1/10 reversed harems have them.

Its not just reverse harems that don't have kiss scenes.... I feel that nearly every harem I've watched in the last 2 years NEVER have the epic kiss scene THAT WOULD COMPLETE THE SHOW. The most recent I can think of is Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi.
Jul 9, 2011 11:50 PM

Aug 2010
Twins >_>; figures lulz
Overall pretty good episode, we got some background on Haruka and I actually liked Ittoki's song and his intrusion to other people's room as well as not understanding any of them LOL
that rule about no love thing is probably gonna be the whole plot behind this >_>; ending is so ominous LOL
this is actually miles better than starry sky, wonder why deen decided to crash and burn that show, oh well
Jul 10, 2011 2:02 AM

Feb 2011
This episode's really GREAT!!! It's definitely better than the manga!
The girl couldn't read music? I thought maybe she, who was living with her grandmother, was just learning how to play piano, and not scores.
I find it funny when someone pop out of nowhere xD
Ittoki's insert song is WOW I've never thought it would be that beautiful.
I've come to love the cat. :3
Vische_HGJul 10, 2011 2:20 AM
Jul 10, 2011 2:41 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice episode I think I'm going to like this show and it's good to have another reverse harm since there aren't a lot!
The song for the ending is ok but the dance is kinda...

Rexky said:
After watching these first 2 episodes I might just have to give Starry Sky a second chance. Maybe it picks up as well?

Sadly it doesn't at all =/
Jul 10, 2011 3:39 AM

Jul 2010
Ittoki's song was nice, he seemed really happy while sining <3 I liked this episode a lot, I have high hoped for this anime, it's really interesting, the music is nice and there are a lot bishies ^^ Can't wait for the next episode :)
Jul 10, 2011 3:56 AM

Jan 2008
- Twins. :) Er.. why isn't Hayato listed in the cast on MAL?
- Poor Haruka during the piano scene. :( But I don't see how she wants to be a composer and can play the piano but doesn't know how to read music.
- I liked the insert song.
- I like Otoya but he'll just be a friend.
- Tokiya seemed a little annoyed at the end.
Jul 10, 2011 5:54 AM

Feb 2010
I really love the ending xD Jeez, no romance... WHY, tell me why Q_Q
Jul 10, 2011 6:44 AM

Oct 2007
So how the heck did she even pass the music test if she doesn't even know how to read it?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 10, 2011 6:48 AM
Jun 2008
memorieswithin said:

- Poor Haruka during the piano scene. :( But I don't see how she wants to be a composer

actually you can think another way around. why she can play piano without knowing how to read? its not easy =P
Jul 10, 2011 6:57 AM

Dec 2009
Somehow I feel that Tokiya is actually Hayato and there's no twins. It's like Hayato is trying to get away from the fake idol image he ended up with (the frivolous one) and uses the twin brother story to start a new life.

I'm probably just reading too much into things, no?

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Jul 10, 2011 7:38 AM

May 2010
Great episode!she learned music in 1 day,omg!

btw Isn't the ending song lovable,I listen it multiple times,it is one of the best japanese songs.
Jul 10, 2011 8:26 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was nice. Ittoki is seriously cute. The No Romance Rule, well that's obviously out the window. He's already falling for Haruka. However, I can understand why they wouldn't want that, since it could cause problems for the singer or the composer in the concentration department. Anyways looking good so far.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 10, 2011 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
BlackMoral said:
Somehow I feel that Tokiya is actually Hayato and there's no twins. It's like Hayato is trying to get away from the fake idol image he ended up with (the frivolous one) and uses the twin brother story to start a new life.

As someone who has already played Tokiya's route in the game version, I can tell you (if you want spoilers that is XD):

SoraKuroJul 10, 2011 9:27 AM
Jul 10, 2011 1:15 PM

Jan 2010
So we see Haruka and Ittoki pair up today to come up with a song! Personally I love this song it was so cute! Oh and we also get introduced to the "No romance with your partner rule!" this ep to :( I can see this is going to cause some trouble down the road :l

On the other hand we find out Ichinose Tokiya is Hayato Sama's little twin! And there identical aswell! I wonder how "Hayato" hit it big time but his little twin didnt'? I sense some sibling rivalry here!

And I think Haruka is going to end up having a special gift with music. I mean she's been playing piano since she was young without knowing how to read music! And afterwards it only took her 1 day to learn how to read those god damn tricky notes! THEN she ended up writing her own score for the song which they named "Brand New Melody"! Im thinking that she may be a musical genius if she can learn all that in a day!

We also find out Ittoki's never written lyrics before! He did an awesome job for his first time ever though! I loved the lyrics for "Brand New Melody" they were sooo cute!!!

Now off to the pairings right now I can see that Ittoki is developing a Haruka crush :) Were gonna have to wait around and see for the other guys feelings to develop though! And that No romance rule is going to be a nuisance :P

Personally I like Ittoki and Tokiya the best! I wanna wait around and see some more character development first though before I pick my fav/s~
Jul 10, 2011 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
i guess Ittoki is my fav character of this show (at least till now). I loved his song;D and i do love his personality.

Cant wait to see Tokiya singing al hail to my beloved Mamoru Miyano- sama

About the guy who likes cute things, i really pity his roommate i smell BL on that room

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 10, 2011 4:14 PM
Apr 2011
Lulexiaa said:

I have to agree, her eyes REALLY bother me.

shanimebib said:
Enjoyed this episode a lot. Ittoki's song turned out to be pretty good! I haven't seen starry sky. So I can't compare. But this anime is pretty awesome for my shoujo feat this season. (of course, Natsume is in another level.)

I <3 Natsume too. I'm hesitant to watch Starry sky based on the reviews though.

BlackMoral said:

I am somehow hoping for the same thing. If they are twins, it doesn't seem like we'll be seeing much of Hayato and therefore I feel it can't be a fair comparison to which Haruka will like.

I don't particularly watch reverse harems but something about high school male idols caught my eye on this one. And who doesn't like DAT DANCE?! Gyrating hips lol. Come on you know it caught your eye.
Jul 10, 2011 4:42 PM

Apr 2011
Neverarine said:
im surprised she didnt know how to read the music since she had learned to play the piano O.o

I didn't learn to read music until after I'd learned both guitar and piano -.-
It's not unheard of.

I liked that little tidbit, it made her easier to relate to.

rlime said:
Poor Shou was harassed by Natsuki XD

I took screens of that XD
Nacchan is awesome.

I liked the little scene at the end where they were in the studio. Pretty cool.
Now I know that we'll get inserts from each of the guys but I wanna know...will I get an insert from Ringo-sensei?!
I think Ringo-sensei is just hilarious and all trappy XD
Jul 10, 2011 5:47 PM

Jan 2010
zorapup said:
I don't particularly watch reverse harems but something about high school male idols caught my eye on this one. And who doesn't like DAT DANCE?! Gyrating hips lol. Come on you know it caught your eye.

Yeah for the same reason I was interested in this show! And YES DAT DANCE!!! Lol I love the Countdown/ARE YOU READY? Part more though!!! I was literally squealing when each of them were saying "Are you ready?" and just that whole song is awesome ^_^

And to all who dont like Harukas eyes I LOVE THEM!!! I think they look sooo cool and their unique! But I do agree that they would look a little better with a black Iris instead of a green one :l What annoys me more than her eyes is her hair... I wish it were longer!!!
Jul 10, 2011 7:20 PM

Aug 2010
GJ8 said:
[
Now I know that we'll get inserts from each of the guys but I wanna know...will I get an insert from Ringo-sensei?!

Well, the character CDs with the insert songs will be:

Ittoki Otoya (27th July)
Masato Hijirikawa (3rd August)
Ren Jinguchi (10th August)
Shou Kurusu (17th August)
Natsuki Shinomiya (24th August)
Tokiya Ichinose/HAYATO (31st August)
Cecil Aijima (7th September)

So if we do get one from Ringo, it will come in another CD o.O
Jul 11, 2011 2:17 AM

May 2009
BlackMoral said:

^ That's what I think. I don't buy this twin thing.

Really enjoyed this episode. =D Ittoki is so cute/sweet and eveytime Shou yells, I laugh. Can't help but love an angry chibi. Lol.
Jul 11, 2011 4:41 AM

Nov 2008
Lulexiaa said:

DEM BISHIES!!!!

THIS

Loved this episode :D It was fun watching Otoya go to all the other boys rooms to ask for advise xD
The song was really good too. Fits him well.
And I knew they were twins from the manga :P

WAIT WHAT HARUKA IS VOICED BY MIYUKI? D8
I really did not notice that :< It's the second time I didn't recognize her voice.

Lulexiaa said:

I just noticed that xD
Jul 11, 2011 7:39 AM

Jul 2009
Akino said:
Lulexiaa said:

DEM BISHIES!!!!

THIS

Stupid bishies! I'll end up fangirling with this series!

But I'm seriously enjoying this. I need more of Shou and Tokiya, but I like all the guys. Otoya's song was cute ^^.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2011 11:09 AM

Apr 2011
Sayonara7 said:
And YES DAT DANCE!!! Lol I love the Countdown/ARE YOU READY? Part more though!!! I was literally squealing when each of them were saying "Are you ready?" and just that whole song is awesome ^_^
SoraKuro said:

Bahaha I know what you mean I think that's the best part of the song XD

GJ8 said:

Well, the character CDs with the insert songs will be:

Ittoki Otoya (27th July)
Masato Hijirikawa (3rd August)
Ren Jinguchi (10th August)
Shou Kurusu (17th August)
Natsuki Shinomiya (24th August)
Tokiya Ichinose/HAYATO (31st August)
Cecil Aijima (7th September)

So if we do get one from Ringo, it will come in another CD o.O

My poor Ringo-sensei T_T
Thanks for the info though, I'll mark those dates
Jul 11, 2011 12:54 PM

Sep 2009
Lulexiaa said:
LOL. It all depends on the money. Looking at the academy, it's grand enough to offer different types of accommodation. We already know that two of the guys come from a rich background and I am guessing all the main male leads come from a prestigious/rich family too.

BlackMoral said:
I hope you are right. It's more interesting this way. The revelation of him being a twin disappointed me a bit.

The bishies are so irresistible!! I kept kyaa-ing and blushing the entire time I watched the episode. It's so not normal for a 20 year old to act like a 15 year old Beiber fan but I just can't help it! *hehe*

Great episode. Ittoki's song was great. But I still don't get how she got into the school though. Maybe the entrance test isn't that hardcore or something. Ah who cares.

So the OP was the ED. I so adore it <3
Jul 11, 2011 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
Nodame 2.0 this is not. Still, it'll be fun to listen to my favourite seiyuu sing.
Haruka learning to compose in a day was a little ridiculous. I guess she manages by ear.

Anyway, the voice cast was as orgasmic as ever. I don't think that the Hayato twin is really his twin, but who knows.

Will keep watching for niconico comments and earsex. The show's entertaining enough but it needs moar Ringo-sensei.
amayadoriJul 11, 2011 3:02 PM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 11, 2011 7:20 PM

Jun 2010
I love this ep!!!!!! So the best and I am still waiting for starry sky!!
Jul 12, 2011 2:01 AM

Oct 2009
Im loving this series the music is awesome.
Im watching just for the music though to be honest
I found it weird she cant read music but maybe she can, just scared of people
She comes off as the quiet type thats bad at socializing except those she trusts
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Jul 12, 2011 8:31 AM

Sep 2010
Lol, that headmaster again! I think he's going to be my favourite character in this series XDD
I kind of feel bad for that Haruka, but then, she shouldn't just go "Oh Hayato-sama!!" >__<
Is it just me or Tomochika is a better character than Haruka? O_o I just prefer her personality...
And wtf, why won't they get paired randomly like in manga? She would get get paired with 3 guys and it would be funnier~

So Tokiya is roommate of Otoya? Interesting QAQ
Natsuki makes me think of Peter from "Heart no Kuni no Alice" XDD
And Sho-chan is so cute *____*

Haruka has a cute eraser! I have a similiar one ^^
<image01>

Lol these dark clouds make Tokiya look like a bad person, haha xDD

Overall, this episode was good! I really liked the song Haruka and Otoya composed. I can't wait for next eps! ^^
Jul 12, 2011 10:12 AM

May 2010
BlackMoral said:

Yeah, I was also feeling like that.

Ittoki's song is great! Can't wait for next week <3
Jul 13, 2011 11:06 AM
Jun 2010
my sister was totally kidding about the twin thing O.o she was all like "maybe he has a evil twin brother xD?!" lol
Ok to be honest i was going to give up Ittoki because of his voice but he is so damn cute!!!! >//////< i love him!he was just so cute when he blushed a little when Haruka smiled...it got me exited for the next episode OuO
Jul 13, 2011 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
I have a feeling that I'm gonna love this show!!!

It's been a long time since I saw a really hotttt....good music.....good plot anime!!!!

Not to mant
Jul 13, 2011 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
I have a feeling that I'm gonna love this how!!!
It's been a long time since I saw really hooottt....good music and good plot anime!!!

Not to mention the fact that I fell in love with the ending song..>.<
Jul 14, 2011 9:24 AM

Jun 2010
I found this episode boring. Ok, so it seems in every 1-2 episode(s) we will get to see Haruka's relationships with the others. I hope the other characters are more interesting, because Haruka is 'meh' so far. She is another reverse harem heroine that is not showing any personality whatsoever but thanks goodness that she is not hyper.

So far the plot is generic, let's hope some interesting plot twist will take place.
Jul 14, 2011 12:44 PM
Apr 2011
Dropped.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.