Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2011 9:30 AM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Obviously everyone wants to be Haruka's partner and Ittoki was just about to confess to her. Cecil finally appears.I'm so curious about what's going to happen next, and lol the principal in the beggining of the episode.
vanissa45Aug 20, 2011 9:48 AM
Aug 20, 2011 9:38 AM

Jun 2010
vanissa45 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Obviously everyone wants to be Haruka's partner and Ittoki was just about to confess to her. And Cecil finally appears.

I want Haruka's partner to Ichinose!!! Love him!!! Cecil is so cool.
Aug 20, 2011 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
so that cat was secretly a Cecil the magic greek prince? i didnt see that coming.... and i dont get it.... somebody explain why there is suddnely a magic flying prince in this show?

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Aug 20, 2011 11:58 AM

Dec 2008
Okay... What the hell have I just watched. Cecil? Magic? What the...

And is it just me or heroine is getting even more and more annoying every time? I like our bishounens, I really do, but ugh I guess harem is not really my thing if heroine is retarded. Oh well I'll probably keep watching it for Tokiya.
Aug 20, 2011 12:19 PM

Jun 2011
I really wish my school principle was as whimsical as their's.
And the hell? Since when was their some magical prince in this show? Where the heck does this intend to go? Honestly I laughed my ass off when he started to sing and float around. It was so ridiculous.
Aug 20, 2011 12:31 PM

Jun 2011
I'm currently watching this episode....

And my views so far:
-Ringo in a girl's shirt. XD Wow. I thought for sure he'd be in a girl's swimsuit.
-Toki-kun "confessing" to Haruka. I literally was glued to the screen until he said that he loves the MUSIC she makes and feels that it's her. Then I just started screaming "...BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA! TOKI-KUN NO BAKA! BAKAAAAA!"
-Tokiya's flashbacks.
-The fireflies and the spooky statue. 0_0 Typical.
-The introduction of Cecil. 0.0 What the hell? He's pretty hot, he's a prince, but, um, what exactly is his purpose in this show...?
-Tokiya and Haruka's moment. It's almost obvious they'll be partners.
-0_0 OMG, MAMORU MIYANO'S ENGLISH SINGING "Amazing Grace".... It's HEAVEN. It's beautiful when all the children sing together too...

But Haruka... -_- STILL pisses me off.
Overall, I liked this episode. I didn't love it because I wish there was more to it, but I did like it.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Aug 20, 2011 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
The episode really touched my heart, I nearly cried TT^TT. And the smile Ichinose-san made near the was truly precious.
Aug 20, 2011 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
Aww how cute<3 Itokki can't confess his love for her, because it's forbidden(why actually? is this some kind of hopeless conflict to destroy the romance in this series? -.-) But it was cute how he tried to tell her in another way :D This anime just got better, and I really like that crazy headmaster or whatever he is xP
-Just Believe-
Aug 20, 2011 1:13 PM

Feb 2010
I expected him to be Haruka's friend partner but Cecil was the black cat and he was magical prince.. o_O

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Aug 20, 2011 2:19 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode, but I hope she'll partner Ittoki xD
Aug 20, 2011 2:35 PM
May 2010
For those who are questioning Cecil, I may recommend you go read about his route in the game.

He's the special character with the majorly WTFBBQ route. In fact half his dialog in this episode was related to his route in the game. That's why his seems so random compared to others (minus Shining since he's always random lol).

I love him because he's so 'WTF?'. XD
Aug 20, 2011 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
Okay, i like this show, but this episode was so crappy.
We don't need Cecil.
And what happend to Ittoki? He suddenly looked so ugly.
I wish that Tomo and Ittoki would pair up. They are so cute together >w<
And i also want Natsuki and Shou to pair up. Even though they both take the idol course.
Aug 20, 2011 3:20 PM

Oct 2008
Cecil is better as a cat, really. well he's still good-looking

Poor Masato, Ittoki and Ren, they'll be totally TOLD next episode, since Haruka is propably pairing with Ichinose.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Aug 20, 2011 4:53 PM

Jun 2008
Sanguis said:
I really wish my school principle was as whimsical as their's.
And the hell? Since when was their some magical prince in this show? Where the heck does this intend to go? Honestly I laughed my ass off when he started to sing and float around. It was so ridiculous.

LOL, me too, i laughed so much. It seemed like i was watching a bad copy of disney´s Alladin.
That school principle is plain awesome. i would totally ship him with Haruka if he was 20 years younger. XD

ok, i thought the cat was Haruka´s grandma reincarnated or something, and it turned out to be a hot prince. I wish there were more cats like those XD

Ichinose was so emo in this episode, i lovedddddddddddddd his Amazing grace singing. really Miyano is a great singer*.*

Haruka keeps being...useless. id rather have her best friend as female protagonist since she is much better.

and btw, loved the bath scene of Ren. his muscles and wet body on the shower left me drooling for more than 5 minutes.

p.s- i think this episode went to get some ideas to another reverse harem manga called Garnet Craddle where curiously the main guy is an enchanted black cat that is actually a oriental prince

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 20, 2011 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
My reaction to most this episode:

UGHHH! Its just so ridiculous and cheesy, and just unrealistic.

I know this show is already a reversed harem with characters with hair the color of the rainbow.. but I still wish this show was more realistic!

WHO THE HELL GOES ON AN ISLAND LIKE THIS FOR A FIELD TRIP!?!?

Either way, even thought I bash on this show a lot, I still cant stop watching...

I want Haruka to choose Ittoki, but she will obviously be stupid and blind and choose Tokiya...
Aug 20, 2011 5:48 PM

Apr 2009
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy. But I still loved it.

So the cat was Cecil? Umm, weird. But he is very hot. Very confused with the Aladdin magic carpet ride part.. But he's hot.

Ittoki. I love him. But I also like Tokiya.. I want her to pair up with either of them. I cant decide. I guess I'll just sit back and watch.

Ittoki and Cecil fantastic eye candy.

Oh, and the animation seem different this episode..
Aug 20, 2011 6:36 PM

Sep 2007
bekeru said:
Poor Masato, Ittoki and Ren, they'll be totally TOLD next episode, since Haruka is propably pairing with Ichinose.
More like poor Masato, Ittoki, Ren, and Natsuki (he hinted it was Haruka with his whole "someone who will accept all of me" line)
Shou didn't drop any obvious clues even though, considering this is a harem, he's probably aiming for Haruka too.

Interesting that Cecil referred to Haruka as "Muse" at one point (I think? unless it was a mis-type in the subs) but aye, his intro was so random =o

D'awww I want to see how Masato says his whole "I want you to be my partner" thing to Haruka =P
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 20, 2011 6:55 PM

Oct 2009
You know I always thought that part where Cecile takes her out the window in the OP was Hayato I didnt think Cecile be in the anime.
I thought it was obvious Nanami gets paired with multiple people I mean both the OP and manga give it away right.
I dont think they want to piss off the fans
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Aug 21, 2011 12:12 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked this episode a lot. I appreciate the fan service from the guys, esp. the one with Ren in the shower ^^ . The part with Cecil was unexpected, but it was visually pleasant and the song was cute. I saw that there was another guy in the game and thinking when he would or if he appear... so here we have him as a cat/prince :) .
It seams like everyone wants Haruka to partner with, maybe they will form a group like in the ending song :D . I look forward to Masato's "confession" too. That would be fun to see.
chibixAug 21, 2011 12:30 AM
Aug 21, 2011 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
OMG...Mamoru...singing in english? And I was able to listen to this? And it was AMAZNIG? XD Haha, I love him <3 And finally something more about Ichinose-kun..of course, I want Nanami to paired up with him!

And Nanami is finally speaking out loud... xD

Oh. And fan-service was...lol xD
Aug 21, 2011 3:14 AM

Jul 2010
Okay, so the cat that stalked Haruka was actually some guy named Cecile? Did NOT see that coming, mostly because I thought this was a more realistic anime... Guess I was wrong. XD Loved all the little fluffs moments here and there between Haruka, Ittoki, Tokiya, and Ren. My eyes burned a little bit when I seen the principle's bathing suit though. -_- Wanna see the next episode so bad now~
Aug 21, 2011 4:56 AM

Nov 2007
Probably Haruka already knows who she wants, but hard to ask?

The president is funny as always.

Ittoki came to confess about wanting to be the partner.

The cat suddenly appeared with the light! And finally Cecil appeared! OMG!!! I THINK I LIKE CECIL (even though he's supportive character) THE MOST!! (Of course I like Sho, too)

Wow, Tokiya & Haruka's confession scene! lol~ After that's Ren's confession!!

When will KajiKaji's character (Sho's brother) appear???

I just saw lots of clubs for the characters, and I want Cecil's!
tsubasaloverAug 24, 2011 9:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2011 7:14 AM

Dec 2009
Tru3Ph03niX said:
You know I always thought that part where Cecile takes her out the window in the OP was Hayato

Wasn't it a Tokiya-turned-Cecile?

So... Is Cecile human?

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Aug 21, 2011 7:39 AM

Oct 2008
Ikano said:
bekeru said:
More like poor Masato, Ittoki, Ren, and Natsuki (he hinted it was Haruka with his whole "someone who will accept all of me" line)
Shou didn't drop any obvious clues even though, considering this is a harem, he's probably aiming for Haruka too.

Interesting that Cecil referred to Haruka as "Muse" at one point (I think? unless it was a mis-type in the subs) but aye, his intro was so random =o

D'awww I want to see how Masato says his whole "I want you to be my partner" thing to Haruka =P

I don't even know why I considered Ren and forgot about Natsuki in fact, because his biggest reason to want her as a partner is probably to piss Masato off. The most sincere guys are probably Ittoki, Masato and Natsuki at this point lol.

I'm still a little sad for Masato, I mean, he's totally husbando material
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Aug 21, 2011 7:58 AM

Feb 2010
episode was random.... i was like, 'aw what a cute little kitty... wait... it's a man?!'

bishounen + fanservice made me happy though.
Aug 21, 2011 8:28 AM

Feb 2010
I... love...

the music... that you make!

Awww, man, can't believe it!
Aug 21, 2011 8:41 AM

Dec 2009
Cecil was really unnecessary, no matter how you look at it a simple "you can do it" was enough.
Loved Ichinose's moment <3.
I really hate Haruka, I know reverse harem heroines have practically 0 personality, but she's as good as cardboard.
Aug 21, 2011 9:00 AM

Sep 2008
Hayato-sama's Amazing Grace was truly angelic.
He better pair up with Nanami, get into a romance with her, leave the academy to let her study while he becomes a super idol and then pick her up when she graduates. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2011 9:18 AM

Jun 2008
oh myyyyyyy I neeed moreeeeeeeee

tokiya so hot apologizing

and i think i now how they end at the endnig XD i mena the six of them want to sing a song of her XD

and cecile coming out of nowhere lol I think cecile is kuppuru XD
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Aug 21, 2011 9:51 AM
Jan 2011
bekeru said:
Cecil is better as a cat, really. well he's still good-looking

If you ask me, I don't think she'll end up with anybody.
Aug 21, 2011 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
i am really confused..i want to Haruka make pair with Tokiya but that case they can't date that's annoying...I like every guy btw..
Aug 21, 2011 1:00 PM

Mar 2011
I saw from the start that the cat was magical or something. I even thought it was Tokiya. But now I know that it's Cecil.

I love Tokiya's smile! /faints
And it's so obvious that Haruka will be paired to Tokiya.
Aug 21, 2011 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
Why was his name translated as "Cecile" if they clearly use "Cecil" in the official stuff?

BlackMoral said:
Tru3Ph03niX said:
You know I always thought that part where Cecile takes her out the window in the OP was Hayato

Wasn't it a Tokiya-turned-Cecile?

So... Is Cecile human?

In the window scene, Tokiya only appears during the almost-kiss near the piano. The rest is Cecil (the hand and everything).

Cecil's human, he's under a curse, that's why he's a cat most of the time. But I guess they won't tell his story *sigh*
Aug 21, 2011 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
Tru3Ph03niX said:
You know I always thought that part where Cecile takes her out the window in the OP was Hayato I didnt think Cecile be in the anime.

I thought it was Hayato too. Can't wait for the others. Haruka obviously might pick Ichinose/Hayato.
Aug 21, 2011 3:07 PM

Jun 2010
...LOL. i love UtaPri so much, but this episode made me feel soo uncomfortable!
there was so much cheesiness shoved into 24mins..
when Nanami was crying after Tokiya's hospital story, i started laughing out of the level of awkwardness :/
and then the flying prince.. -__-
but it's still a great show! the guys are insanely hot, and i was thankful for the lack of shirts in this ep :)
Aug 21, 2011 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
this episode.... well i appreciated it for the fan service *drools*

and am i the only one who like ittoki? -w-
ichinose's great and everything...but... ughh i dont know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2011 2:41 AM
Apr 2011
apparently haruka gets paired up with 3 guys.......... not sure about that though.........

HOPE SHE GETS PAIRED UP WITH ITTOKI KUN THOUGHT >_<

ITTOKI"S HOT! >_<
Aug 22, 2011 4:27 AM
Apr 2010
I loved this episode, but I honestly cringed at the Aladin-esque Cecile moment. ~_~ Had to fast foward through that cause I couldn't stand to watch it. :x

Other than that... I got the feeling that the cat wasn't normal. Didn't expect him to be an arabian prince of some random country. :3 Kinda cool!

Got teary at the end of Ichi's story though, and his smile nearly killed me. <3 Hope she pairs up with all 6 and forms StarIsh! :D
Aug 22, 2011 5:07 AM

May 2010
This episode was....strange from start to end probably the worst episode so far.
Aug 22, 2011 7:33 AM

May 2011
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW AMAZING GRACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man Miyano Mamoru sang that beautifully !! Its actually the first time after Maaya Sakamoto that i heard an english song sung by a Japanese singer with such good english words pronounciation.

Cecile definitely my new favourite. His song was beautiful. And his eyes are really full of emotions. Just how much effort did the animators and illustrators put to make it that realistic OoO???

All in all yes a LOT of cheesy stuff but full marks for the beautiful 2 songs in this episode.
Aug 22, 2011 8:49 AM

Aug 2010
asckj1 said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW AMAZING GRACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man Miyano Mamoru sang that beautifully !! Its actually the first time after Maaya Sakamoto that i heard an english song sung by a Japanese singer with such good english words pronounciation.

All in all yes a LOT of cheesy stuff but full marks for the beautiful 2 songs in this episode.

ditto this, my jaw was opened throughout the whole time he sang amazing grace, IT WAS SO AWESOME O_O the kid that first sung the song has a great voice too :D this better be in his char CD, else im gonna rage D;

anyways wow that principal was really hyper hahaha XD even ringo couldnt keep up
when otoya was about to "confess" i was like he is SO gonna mess up, cliche demands it, and voila ;P
i gotta say, as far as cliche goes, cecil being a magical prince that can turn into a black cat was waaaaaaaaaaaaay out there .__.; the flying part too -_-; never though haruka would actually fly aside from the opening lulz his song was pretty good though (concert arrangement ftw)
so 2 invitations for haruka this episode (unless the obvious hint from tokiya is counted as one then its 3) i guess theres gonna be war between the bishounens lawl
Aug 22, 2011 9:07 AM

Jul 2011
ABSOLUTELY LOOOVED IT!!! Cried during "Amazing Grace" and now am raping its replay button on youtube LOL
I hope that Nanami will be paired up with Tokiya, and after how everything got shown on ep 8 it should end that way. But in the very end of anime I also think she won't end up with one guy. The last scene will probably be how they're all singing together or how all the guys are singing for her :/
Aug 22, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2010
Orulyon said:
and btw, loved the bath scene of Ren. his muscles and wet body on the shower left me drooling for more than 5 minutes.

I know! That was great! Caught me by surprise! Excellent fanservice! ^_^

My thoughts:

The cat turned prince felt random, the singing and floating was cheesy but the prince was cute. I almost want her to hook up with him and not Tokiya. lol

I'm so glad Tokiya finally opened up about his feelings and the flashback was so sweet. I enjoyed the Amazing Grace rendition.

Haruka still gets on my nerves with her heavy sighing and shocked reactions to every situation. For once can we get a good reverse harem with a strong heroine and normal eye color? Is that too much to ask?

Overall this episode felt unrealistic and goofy. The only thing that kept it from getting a low rating from me was the exchange between Tokiya and Haruka.

Five more episodes to go! Please pick up!
Aug 22, 2011 10:25 PM

Oct 2010
Well, i kind of expected the cat to be the guy that flew around in the op, but i wasn't expecting him to start singing 5 minutes upon meeting her <<;;

God this show is like a disney show. It's just so cheesy...But why do i like it so much!? D:

and when otoya was about to confess, and stuffed it up, i thought, "Jesus lord your adorable! D:"

THAT ENDING CONCERT SONG jesus it's so...cheesy, but god it's so catchy D: I should hate it, but i love it's cheesyness D:

Aug 23, 2011 1:14 AM

Jan 2010
The ep was sooo cheesy I lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes O.o

bahahahaha an Arabian/Cursed prince who is a cat o.O Thats some pretty weird shit lolz. But I loved Cecil!!! HE WAS EPIC!!! Though the song and the scene with it was sooo corny I think I lost my sight caused I rolled my eyes back to far =P

Nice to actually get some background info about Tokiya though :) MAMORU SINGING ENGLISH = ONE HAPPY FAN GIRL :D

Can't wait for the next ep! Though I hope it isn't so cheesy...
Aug 23, 2011 3:50 PM
Mar 2011
I love that principle .. he's weird and funny ( ̄ー ̄)
Nanami's SO irritating !!!! in many ways ! ('-'*)
I liked her before though .. she's cute when she's a child (゚∇゚*)
I thought she is that type that would get too embarrassed when she shows too much of her skin .. But she reacted like ..
"NOTHING IS WRONG , I'M Always like this" ( ̄ー ̄
( ̄  ̄) .. I really want to punch her ..

Ittoki : "There's something I really wanna talk to you about"
Me : *Jumps on the screen* .. OMG!! OMG!!!! .. That's a confession !
Ittoki :"It's hard for me to say but .. Let me start over"
Me : SOOO CUUUUTE .. SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT !!!!
Ittoki : I .. love ....... the music that you make
Me : ........ I saw that coming ( '-' ) ...~~

And what's wrong with that guy who popped out from nowhere .. Acting like Aladin This part was weird .. but the song is beautiful , and the guy is handsome (゚ω゚;)

Miyano singing Amazing grace <3<3<3 .. Fan girl mode : ON !
LupichiAug 23, 2011 3:58 PM
Aug 26, 2011 7:58 AM

Jul 2009
Shining is made of win, and Cecil is cool. This is the best guilty pleasure EVER.

HawthorneKitty said:
Hayato-sama's Amazing Grace was truly angelic.
He better pair up with Nanami, get into a romance with her, leave the academy to let her study while he becomes a super idol and then pick her up when she graduates. <3

Can you read my mind?
Aug 26, 2011 11:42 AM

Jan 2011
Lulexiaa said:
My reaction to most this episode:

UGHHH! Its just so ridiculous and cheesy, and just unrealistic.

I know this show is already a reversed harem with characters with hair the color of the rainbow.. but I still wish this show was more realistic!

Lmao this really had me laughing out loud. My reaction was the exact same thing.
Aug 28, 2011 11:59 AM

Jul 2011
BVLmoonlight said:
For those who are questioning Cecil, I may recommend you go read about his route in the game.

He's the special character with the majorly WTFBBQ route. In fact half his dialog in this episode was related to his route in the game. That's why his seems so random compared to others (minus Shining since he's always random lol).

I love him because he's so 'WTF?'. XD

When Cecile showed up, I felt like I was watching Aladin or something. Cheesy song, floating prince... I think I'd question my sanity if that happened to me.

I hate how games make the main girl such a Mary Sue. DX

And I think she ends up with all of them in the end. All of them except Cecile.
Aug 28, 2011 3:21 PM

Feb 2009
4/5

Should've been more Tokiya and less (read; none!) Cecil. What the fudge did I just watch? I've loved this show until this episode. The cat that turned out to be some prince feels kinda misplaced imo.

I hope next episodes won't have strange random scenes like this one did.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 6, 2011

71 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.