Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2011 3:54 AM

Feb 2008
According to the twit video account of angela, a new anime of Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor was announced at the live event "Soukyuu Sakusen" held on July 9th. It will be a sequel to the movie Heaven and Earth. The title is "Soukyuu no Fafner: EXODUS" and the story takes place two years after the end of "Heven and Earth". The Blu-ray and DVD of Heaven and Earth will be released on September 21st.

Key illustration of the new Fafner anime

Sources: Atsuko's Visual Tweet, Screenshot of the live program

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus on MAL
NaruleachJan 8, 2013 8:00 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2011 4:30 AM

Jul 2009
I can't believe an anime nobody knows about gets more than 1 season. It must be quite popular in Japan and is doing well in the sales department (which I doubt).

*smfh*

Jul 9, 2011 4:31 AM
Oct 2008
Heaven and Earth was honestly the best ending Fafner's story could have had, so I can't say I'm thrilled to hear this. :/
Jul 9, 2011 4:31 AM

Jul 2007
guess ill go watch dead agressor
Jul 9, 2011 4:47 AM

Nov 2008
skullking123 said:
Guess I'll go watch Dead Aggressor

Yep.
Jul 9, 2011 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Lol. As most people have said it, this is also the first time I've heard of this anime.
Jul 9, 2011 5:44 AM

Oct 2007
It's really nice! You should all watch it!
Jul 9, 2011 5:46 AM
Nov 2008
Hey, an anime I actually like getting a sequel. That's a new one.
Jul 9, 2011 6:17 AM

Mar 2008
I can die a happy man now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2011 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
well that's nice
Jul 9, 2011 7:47 AM

Jul 2010
Cool. I have to watch the movie first though.
Jul 9, 2011 8:29 AM

Jan 2010
The only problem I have with this is that they're still using those godawful SEED character designs.

SEED was ugly in 2002 and it's still ugly now.
Ok™
Jul 9, 2011 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
Dunno. Watched only Right to Left so far but plan to watch other parts of franchise sometime. At least theme songs from Angela would go to my collection )
Jul 9, 2011 8:59 AM

Jul 2010
Similiar character illustration with Gundamu Seed hmm might watch the prequel first so that I could understand the whole thing hmmmm ...

Acquiesc3 said:
Cool. I have to watch the movie first though.

And dude, you stole my avi :(
you got that somewhere out AS.

It's always raining here in Philippines│ Life sucks for a NEET liek me
何回だって間違えるけど終わりはしないなら 笑ってたいな/ɐ/

Jul 9, 2011 9:04 AM

May 2010
I'm glad to hear that there will be more Fafner anime, I loved the series <3<3
Jul 9, 2011 9:51 AM

Apr 2008
I still need to purchase the first volume of the dvd series. I oddly enough have volumes 2 through 7, but not the first one. But hey, they were 2 bucks a piece, so it didn't hurt to grab them when I had a chance. Guess I should really get to it then.
Jul 9, 2011 9:57 AM

Jan 2010
damn, I already forgot the story in Dead Aggressor. Maybe I'll rewatch it.

Jul 9, 2011 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
i watched the movie and the TV....interesting show. didnt think it needed another one but oh well...
Jul 9, 2011 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
Not interested since I didn't like the first series that much. There are so much other better anime that need sequels.
Jul 9, 2011 11:19 AM

Sep 2009
Why is it that things that have perfect endings that resolve everything always get raped up the but by the dreaded Cash Cow.

The Fafner ANIME ended well enough. Didn't need a movie.
The MOVIE ended well enough...didn't need a sequel.
Jul 9, 2011 1:28 PM

Oct 2009
I don't know what more they can do with the story though...then again i didn't watch the movie, hopefully be great like the series.
Jul 9, 2011 1:44 PM

Sep 2009
jmal said:
WoofSadaharu said:
I can't believe an anime nobody knows about

You mean an anime you don't know. You're not everybody.

It must be quite popular in Japan and is doing well in the sales department (which I doubt).

It sold 7,136 average. Not a blockbuster, but strong enough for a sequel for most shows. The only strange part is that it's been so relatively long... ~7 years.

I thought the first series was decent (agree about the character designs being no so great though) so I guess I'll need to watch the movie at some point before this airs.

Edit - but we don't yet know if this is a TV series or OVA or movie, right?

The movie was released last year, and before that it made it's debut in the well received Super Robot Wars K.

So those probably played more of a factor then the seven year old show.
Jul 9, 2011 3:28 PM

May 2010
good news, i'm in the middle of season 1
Jul 9, 2011 8:27 PM

Mar 2009
It doesn't interest me..
Jul 9, 2011 10:24 PM

Jun 2007
"are you there" lol decent series..RahXephon was better.. but yea ill watch it anyways.. not that i remember fafner story either and def dont wanna watch it again. ah the good old days of mind trippy mech series... :(

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
Jul 10, 2011 7:36 AM
Jan 2010
Best news I've heard all day, honestly cannot wait for the new Fafner.
Jul 11, 2011 2:40 AM
Aug 2008
I'm so happy, though I still haven't watched the movie either. I'd love to know what this will be though: movie, OVA or TV-show?
Jul 12, 2011 2:56 AM

Jan 2007
I am actually glad to read this. I watched the 1st tv series years ago and I enjoyed it, it was the 1st mecha anime I finished. Also, there have been way to few mecha anime released lately so that is another reason why I am happy to hear about this new Fafner anime.
Aug 20, 2011 7:10 AM

Jun 2011
WoofSadaharu said:
I can't believe an anime nobody knows about gets more than 1 season. It must be quite popular in Japan and is doing well in the sales department (which I doubt).

*smfh*

Seriously? You think that no one knows the series? And yet its able to get ranked ay about 1k on MAL.
Sep 28, 2011 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
just watched Fafner Movie, and I think it already has a good end for the series
Oct 29, 2011 7:35 PM
Dec 2009
lol.. didn't know that there would be a movie of this. i have to re-watch the series again xD, totally forgot how it ended o.o
tag©.androgynous
Oct 29, 2011 9:06 PM

Sep 2007
JK said:
lol.. didn't know that there would be a movie of this. i have to re-watch the series again xD, totally forgot how it ended o.o

You can always read MAHQ's reviews for a quicker recap.
May 7, 2012 10:22 PM
Nov 2010
Personally, I didn't get it... O_O
They just place you in the middle of everything and expect you to understand what they mean by Core, Fafner, and so on...
Who the hellio is Soshi anyways?
All the characters are hard to distinguish from one another. They all look similar. D:
Maybe it's just cuz I normally don't watch mecha stuffz.
Jul 6, 2012 3:15 PM
May 2011
So I finished watching the anime series, OVA and the movie. I'm still finding a hard time in the movie who lived and died in the movie.
Jul 16, 2012 8:48 PM
Nov 2011
This interests me, I've yet to see the first season or the movie but the Seed character designs might put me off. I liked Seed a lot, I hated Destiny but watching the same characters in a different anime is going to be weird as hell.

Seeing Shinn in the picture for the movie was already pushing it for me. Well, a second season will push me to watch the series.
Apr 24, 2013 8:09 AM
Mar 2012
http://www.xebec-inc.co.jp/xebeczwei/sf_kairan20130322.html

what does it say? i can't read japanese T.T is it the fafner exodus site?
Apr 24, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
_Crystal_ said:
http://www.xebec-inc.co.jp/xebeczwei/sf_kairan20130322.html
what does it say? i can't read japanese T.T is it the fafner exodus site?
Yeah it is. And it is on the Xebec Zwei site. Basically the main information there is a TV series of 26 episodes is being made. That's it.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 9, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2008
awesome! another 26 episodes of goodness!

judging from how much time they have put into this (announcement was in 2011 about exodus), we should have a good plot coming our way!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2013 12:14 AM

Nov 2007
cant wait much longer must seeeee

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 12, 2013 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
http://www.xebec-inc.co.jp/xebeczwei/sf_kairan20130704.html

New info released on July 4th, 2013... anyone care to translate?
Jul 20, 2013 1:49 PM
Oct 2011
Still looking forward to this after all this time since the announcement.
Aug 9, 2013 9:16 AM
Sep 17, 2013 6:12 AM

Sep 2013
What is the actual airing date for Exodus?
I heard it's listed for fall anime, yet I don't see this in fall chart.
Sep 17, 2013 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
Taoziee said:
I wonder where it is listed that this is a fall anime because as far as I know no airing date has been released yet.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 17, 2013 5:02 PM
Jan 2010
symbv said:
Taoziee said:
I wonder where it is listed that this is a fall anime because as far as I know no airing date has been released yet.

It was on the list, but it was taken off - which is something that really annoyed me to no end.
Sep 17, 2013 11:08 PM

Sep 2012
masserati94 said:
symbv said:
Taoziee said:
It was on the list, but it was taken off - which is something that really annoyed me to no end.
On what list? In MAL?

Sep 18, 2013 4:26 AM

Sep 2013
symbv said:
masserati94 said:
symbv said:
Taoziee said:
On what list? In MAL?

As for me, I read the news here
They planned to release exodus in summer/fall. Since it didn't appear in summer chart, I thought the date changed to fall. But still none.

So it was taken off, huh... I hope they can make it for winter list, though.
Sep 18, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
^ That ANN news site, which quoted a 2ch summary site, only said it is a 26 episode TV series. Nothing about that it is coming in fall though.

Sep 18, 2013 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
symbv said:
^ That ANN news site, which quoted a 2ch summary site, only said it is a 26 episode TV series. Nothing about that it is coming in fall though.

I thought they stated it at the end.

Or did they define another title? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just checked another old source (from the same site, though) regarding exodus. But woah, it had been edited.

Felt like I've been trolled, so yeah. Green-lit for next year they said, but what year and what season? It remains mystery.
Sep 18, 2013 7:29 AM

Sep 2012
^ Seems that ANN did not get its source right then. This is not unheard of though. I have seen cases when it reported on something (often without giving its source) and then had to retract or modify it later.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
17 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
33 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
Yesterday, 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.