Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2011 3:05 AM

Sep 2009
lol wow, what did I just watch. That was crazy. Also a bit hard to understand...but I watched this at 2:30 in the morning so I'm probably just really tired.
May 22, 2011 4:04 AM

Feb 2008
That was... bizarre. Me being hungover and still semi-drunk made thius all the more confusing.
May 22, 2011 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
Ousto said:
The animation for this show is sooo good.

Totally agree!

And I loved the elevator scene. It was genious! :D Loved how they just started to laugh uncotrollably - it's just like me when I'm whimsy XD NASUBI! such a funny word lol
May 22, 2011 5:10 AM
Jan 2010
back to unfunny.
May 22, 2011 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
I hope to see more TachibanaXSasahara next episode
May 22, 2011 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
That popcorn segment made me spray coke all over my screen
May 22, 2011 5:55 AM

Sep 2009
The elevator segment was pure epic!
Yuuko is as awesome as ever.
I expected more humor from the Sasahara part.
May 22, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
I'm amazed that one guy hasn't died yet witha all those weapons being fired at him.
May 22, 2011 6:55 AM

Feb 2010
My personal favorite had to be the rocket hand gag that spanned the episode. Launches at the start, flies around a bit until it gets cut off at the Sasahara segment, then the gun girl has the huge bump on her head at the end when she's making the eggs.
May 22, 2011 7:39 AM

Jun 2009
Great moar redhair tsundere Misato, but the ep overall wasn't as good as previous one.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 22, 2011 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Elevator scene was odd.

And Misato was lul.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
May 22, 2011 9:10 AM

Aug 2008
Sakamoto chasing its own tail is so cute. :3
I also love the elevator scene too.
May 22, 2011 10:33 AM

Jul 2009
I have no idea what was going on in the elevator.
"They might rust!"
"Rust?!"
'''orz
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 22, 2011 11:56 AM

Feb 2010
Lol Yuuko trying so hard to tell a joke, love how they brought back that running animation again.

Elevator scene was bizarre and awkward for awhile but it was totally worth it : )

Misato and Sasahara was great, a tsundere with guns hehe.
May 22, 2011 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Lol, that girl really needs to see a falling down doctor.

May 22, 2011 1:23 PM
Oct 2010
crappy episode, but the popcorn sketch was epic
May 22, 2011 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
Some scenes were dragged too much :( Still hilarious nevertheless

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 22, 2011 2:37 PM

May 2010
Better than the last one, not as good as the one before that. And I still don't like the scenes with Hakase and the posse. This is like watching Cromartie High School with moeshit thrown in between the scenes. Now that I think about, I don't think there's yet been a funny scene that didn't have Yuko, Mai and/or Mio in it.

Mio's and Mai's poker faces in the beginning were quite lollable, although pretty much every joke got lost in translation. I wouldn't actually mind too much if the subbers just came up with some lame puns themselves. The elevator was also really funny.

"She's dead"
"LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
"LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"
May 22, 2011 3:07 PM

Feb 2008
not enough hakase nano antics......

also i feel sorry for that girl who told all that many jokes and got no reaction at all.

also saying thank you after being blown up several times is quite the dedication.
May 22, 2011 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
The lame jokes in the beginning reminded me of Doremi.
I love how the dog was trying to follow them in his confined space too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2011 6:03 PM

Feb 2010
Throughout the entire elevator segment, I was expecting someone to realize they didn't press any buttons and that's why they weren't moving.

I really need to stop saying "That was a weird episode" when watching this show, don't I?
May 23, 2011 3:30 AM

Jun 2010
Good episode... Popcorn scene was great, the elevator one was... weird. Mio looked even more stoic when the other two finally flipped.

No Jan-ken-pon part! I expected it till the end... :(
May 23, 2011 4:40 AM

Jun 2009
Finally, Gundere in action! XD
May 23, 2011 4:49 AM

Nov 2010
I have no doubts this is going to make it onto my "top funniest" list. this series could possibly even get a 10 from me after this its over. I just hope they can keep the comedy fresh. but damn, with this series AND Gintama in the same season is amazing...so many lol's

And to all the people saying that you "dont get/understand" some scenes...lol after 8 episodes are you really still trying to understand this anime? this series is complete nonsense and yet pure genius at the same time.
Hokuto_no_FuzzMay 23, 2011 5:03 AM
May 23, 2011 8:11 AM
Sep 2009
Another funny episode, but what happened to the two eggheads playing skip rope? O:
May 23, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2009
Elevator FTW! That eery music with those lifeless faces is priceless xD. And that fly... i thought it came out from the ear, lol.
May 23, 2011 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
this was a enjoyable episode, the shorter skits were the best and i think the rest was a bit lacking in comparison to the last episodes.
May 23, 2011 12:19 PM

Dec 2010
hmph(it screwed the layout)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12406395/nanofist.png

'twas funny!
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
May 23, 2011 12:47 PM

Feb 2008
So, did anybody actually understand why they were late to school? Were Yukko's jokes so bad that they had to go bury her at a beach and that's why they were late for school? Actually, that's what I'll think and I don't really care what was actually supposed to happen ^^

I completely lost it at mikann in the shiritori game in the elevator, especially after the awesome drool crop!

I don't get anything but that's how I like my Nichijou.
May 23, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2009
Lol this show is hilarious! Mio and Mai's stoic faces, getting stuck in that elevator ... what WAS that anyways?! XD Plus Sasahara doing poetry and getting the colour blown out of him ... oh my XD
Last scene was cute too ... missed the rock paper scissors and jump rope scenes today though :P
He, also, are the random scenes every episode (like today clothes hanging, last time a balloon?) just a way of telling the time? I think I JUST understood those lol :P
Helvectica Standard or w/e is still a bit confusing though, I don't really get what is is :P
May 23, 2011 2:58 PM

Apr 2011
really love Sakamoto-san^^
May 24, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
Best parts were the popcorn and lift scenes.
May 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2009
This episode has kept up my love for the series. although there were two skits that bored me:

Yuuko Joke segment
That one where the three are walking to school. Yeah. Granted, my disappointment was not the fault of the anime as this was my least favorite of all the Nichijou manga chapters I read. Still, I don't know why, but this skit didn't even get a chuckle out of me. Perhaps it was CrunchyRoll's translation of the jokes (so much humor gets lost in translation) or just that it wasn't that entertaning. Regardless, I didn't like it.

Elevator Scene
Sort've. I was laughing at the end of it but for most of the skit I was bored. Just. . .I didn't find it that funny. The wacky screens didn't help either. Not much to say other than I didn't like it.

Besides that, though, I found the rest of the jokes entertaining, even Helvetica Standard (okay, I'm shallow, I liked it because it was a guy pulling another guy's clothes off but moving on). The 'Things We Think are Cool' skit is my favorite because of how out of the blue it was.

Also, Gundere and Sasahara need more skits.
May 24, 2011 3:47 PM

Apr 2010
LOL Seki Tomokazu at the end. I loved the popcorn, elevator, and the teeth scenes. "YOUR A ROBOT, SO YOU CAN'T GET CAVITIES!!" 0o0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Fucking funny.
May 25, 2011 6:45 AM

Aug 2008
Awwh, I just started to watch the series and I have kind of mixed feelings about it - I really like Mio/Yuuko/Mai interaction and especially background character (teachers/Koujiro/Misato etc.) stories... So, half of the show is usually great and laughable but when it comes to Hakase/Nano/Sakamoto scenes, I'm bored to death. I'm not into moe art either, so it really doesn't help with those.

I loved the elevator scene in this ep. It was so static and weird and reminded me of SHAFT's works.
MinekoMay 25, 2011 8:43 AM
May 25, 2011 3:21 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was little less funny but still delivered very good comedy in most of its segments. I am most angry at the following article here. Even though it may be right, it has no right in thinking the meaning of it is that. It was meant more as a parody of insulting that form with comedy whereas it should be hentai and erotic in nature. Rather well done IMO in regards to that.

My first part, is rather amazing of Yuko playing with the words. Loved the girls' summer uniforms in the spoiler
Liked words gags such as the tenki being in fact meaning not nice weather but numeric pad. Nicely done and funny with TL notes. Loved Yuko's shocked face and the exclamation face whom has a nice arty difference. I appreciated her face here due to it having that expression. Oh my Nano! You are so close to Yuko in the spoiler
yet another excellent close encounter with the other side. Lovely Yuko angry face, love the way it is represented and of course Yuko sweaty shocked face at being ignore is full of win. I really loved Yuko's face with its setup mostly in the spoiler
that was really funny. The bogo (native language)/boku go(my language) gag was hilarious along with Yuko's facial expression. Of course this is the face that made all difference in the following,

in which the article I mention refers to. Funny comedy parody of the Ahegao face and so in the end none came to class at all.

The other part, which I loved so much as Misato being shy as follows,

OMG that was way too adorable of her. Really nice segment that deserves a good look at. First off I really did like seeing more interaction between Misato and her 2 friends Fet-chan/Weboshi, whom liked bother styles. You got to love the single bazooka blast and if that was not enough double bazooka blast! I don't know where she gets all these weapons but there all military standards and OMG that is rather ironically funny. So lovely that handkerchief of Sasahara being held by Minato in the spoiler
I could not even believe that Minato pulls out a grenade out of nowhere. Well I do find cute that she gets all red prior to her full red shy face over the fact that Sasahara does notice that it got ironed and picked up after it dropped despite Misato's home being in the direct opposite direction. In other words Minato likes Sasahara as much as Mio does else Misato would not go out of her way to do all this for Sasahara that dropped his handkerchief. This will created a rather comedic triangle of love and I cannot wait to see how it will resolve. Will one of the girls kiss Sasahara or will a fight get insane between the 2 girls? Considering that Misato is more crazy than Mio IMO with her weapons. In any case best was the end of this segment with a cannon ball that can most likely launch the mini nuke like a apple in the spoiler
there is no other insane explanation than that other than the destruction being at a minimal exaggeration. Well that is one of the gags that are good in this series.

The elevator part, was just plain weird and out of my understanding too much of it in regards to the drooling as well as facials in the spoiler
makes no sense less you think they are stuck in the elevator for days. Not sure about that one. The sudden laughing and insanity of Yuko in the spoiler
does convey well the cabin fever syndrome that results in insanity in one's behavior.

The Hakase genius segment, was amazing amazing! You cannot deny the absolute MOE of Hakase sleeping in the spoiler
way too adorable.
In fact it can beat Erio in a sense with the MOE. Well I still find that
the watch on Nano's hand to be useful and I find myself LOL so hard at sudden rocket hand flying off when you consider it flies high in the sky. It was short and really hilarious of seeing Hakase throw the popcorn at Sakamoto. Now that was funny. Sakamoto suddenly get a tail playing frenzy was a nice short gag. It got me laughing. The final gag segment of Hakase lying to Nano about snacking was very good. Particularly that
Hakase is easy to read lying with those eyes and the fact she realized too late of the crumbs on her mouth. (those eyes are cool while surprised) I still don't get this and the point of it. Rather strange throughout the episode. Finally Hakase's angry face and Nano's surprised face were win in the spoiler
really liked them. Really amazing series. I find myself enjoying it sometimes a lot sometimes less but always 75%~100% enjoyment rate on average ever single episode up to this one. Way to go Japan!
Yumekichi11May 25, 2011 3:25 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 25, 2011 4:25 PM
Jul 2009
Wow, what a great overview of everything in that episode :D. I must ask though, who's subs did you use? As you say the TL notes help the jokes.
May 26, 2011 9:37 AM

Nov 2009
A little more weird than usual, but still good.

So she is a tsundere, but her violent actions could make her a yandere too. Then again, all tsunderes are violent but she takes it to a whole new level.
May 28, 2011 8:47 AM

May 2010
So random. =,=

The animation style of the elevator scene felt like SHAFT's. :D

Sakamoto with his cat acts really amuses me. xD
May 29, 2011 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
Damn how can so many people LOVE this episode even, guess it's just not for me, whole episode didn't make me laugh even once this time...
May 30, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
"eggplant"
hahahahaha
"she's dead"
hahahahaha
"nobody is coming to help"
hahahahaha

I officially love Nichijou!!! <3
May 31, 2011 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
Really, really didn't like this episode. One or two good moments. But most of it lacked the payoff I wanted.

Done. Dropped.
Jun 2, 2011 11:45 PM
Aug 2008
Let's play shiritori.....
.....mikan.
Jun 5, 2011 2:04 AM

Aug 2010
The elevator scene and the übertsundereness of Misato took the cake in this one for me.
Jun 9, 2011 12:38 AM

Apr 2009
LMAO that elevator scene, for one moment I had the feel I was watching Evangelion.

It just keeps getting better.
Jun 12, 2011 11:44 PM

May 2010
That elevator scene was trippy, yet it was the best bit of that episode. Eggplant! XD

Nichijou is an awesome comedy anime!

Jun 19, 2011 1:37 PM

Sep 2010
That popcorn throwing was awesome, the talking eggs too.
Jun 20, 2011 12:22 AM

May 2008
Tachibana Misato = Tsundere....
Jun 24, 2011 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
Hakase and Sakamoto with the popcorn scene is hilarious. Poor Yukko, denied by her friends. xD How cute~!

Sakamoto is playing with his tail! And the way he sleeps too. My cat sleep that way also. xD I love the fact every episodes their are different voice actors narrates. :)

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 24, 2011 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
Damn, they got me when they started cracking up in the lift! And I told myself I wasn't going to laugh. >.<
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 30, 2011

141 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shuncchi - Apr 23, 2011

153 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Apr 16, 2011

137 by RGreatDanton »»
May 9, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Sep 24, 2011

258 by TheFinnGuy_ »»
May 8, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 9, 2011

198 by RGreatDanton »»
May 8, 8:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.