Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 20, 2011 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
What's Cel-7?
May 20, 2011 5:27 PM

Oct 2010
Alex_Yagami said:
What's Cel-7?
Celebrity 17 short word. In other words a nickname given to Makise by Okabe.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 20, 2011 9:49 PM

Nov 2008
Nice! Can't wait for next one!
May 21, 2011 3:21 AM

Sep 2008
Tsunashi Takuto sure is popular, receiving all those texts/calls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2011 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Tsunashi Takuto sure is popular, receiving all those texts/calls.
Not to mention that all of them are from a certain hot lady who doesn't quite like to speak up.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 21, 2011 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
So, contributing my theories.

First, human death mismatch. I am one hundred percent sure that Okabe is the match they're looking for. I don't really see any way he couldn't be.

Second, episode one. Kurisu, shortly before being stabbed, asked him about what was presumably him trying to warn her about the stabbing just fifteen minutes ago. Okabe was unaware of this, which means the world line must have shifted (to one where his text had been sent?) within the last fifteen minutes. His actions had been changed retroactively, but he had no memory of this. It seems to me that this could mean a couple things, but I can't make any of them really make sense yet. The thing that's not adding up for me is that because he remembers the actions of his previous worldline, he'd remember sending the text. I might post an actual theory once I can get one to the point that it's doesn't contradict itself. It seems to coincide with the time when Mayuri loses her metal upa and texts Okabe about it. Those have to be connected somehow.

Okabe isn't actually crazy, or at least not as much as everyone thinks he is. His delusions are all a result of retaining knowledge of the previous world line without attaining knowledge of what has been changed. We know that at the very least, in addition to the two we've seen, there was one ten years ago the first time John Titor went back in time. Quite likely most of his fears and paranoias were real at some point. He's also a little unhinged just because of the way reality keeps changing on him. That'll do that to you.

Not to mention that it's quite likely history got changed somewhat every time SERN sends anything back in time, which would also effect him. It's quite likely his reality has been shifting on a fairly regular basis for most of his life.
May 21, 2011 12:01 PM

Sep 2010
awesome episode! it's getting really interesting now :D
May 21, 2011 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit! So Okabe's the only one known so far to keep his memories even in another time branch. That's amazing! So to change the future Titor wants him to be the Messiah?

Can't wait to see where this goes!

May 21, 2011 4:39 PM
May 2011
The number 0.571015 probably represents the current divergence number.
If i recall correctly, John Titor sent a message to Okabe saying that if he can get the divergence number above 1, the future won't fall into dystopia.

As always an awesome episode, can't wait for the next one.

5/5
May 22, 2011 11:30 PM

Aug 2008
Time manipulation plots always leave me with a headache... -.-
...But they usually tend be extremely interesting since they also tend to work out your brain quite a bit.
May 23, 2011 4:02 AM

Aug 2010
There is only one reason why I hate this show. Because it is the peak of my weak animewise. No matter how good of an episode another show puts out, it just can't even get close to this. The plot is really interesting and the interactions between the characters are just fantastic. 5/5.

I wonder if Suzuha is actually Mr. Brown's daughter from the future, it would be a nice touch.
May 23, 2011 4:05 AM

Jan 2009
Mogami-kun said:
I wonder if Suzuha is actually Mr. Brown's daughter from the future, it would be a nice touch.
Theoretically speaking, that would make for one enormous twist.
Just sayin'.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 23, 2011 4:21 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
Mogami-kun said:
Theoretically speaking, that would make for one enormous twist.
Just sayin'.

I started thinking that she may be Titor. She does come from the same future after all.

Gangler said:
Second, episode one. Kurisu, shortly before being stabbed, asked him about what was presumably him trying to warn her about the stabbing just fifteen minutes ago. Okabe was unaware of this, which means the world line must have shifted (to one where his text had been sent?) within the last fifteen minutes. His actions had been changed retroactively, but he had no memory of this. It seems to me that this could mean a couple things, but I can't make any of them really make sense yet.

This troubles me too. Is the only thing that doesn't make sense. He seems to realize when a time line is changed so what happened there? Where they two of him? You can't do that with an e-mail. Did he build a time machine? Was he the one that landed on the roof with that thing that could be a time machine?
What changed Kurisu's fate was the message he sent while walking in the street but he realized that change immediately.
MonadMay 23, 2011 11:46 AM
May 23, 2011 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
Monad said:

This troubles me too. Is the only think that doesn't make sense. He seems to realize when a time line is changed so what happened there. Where they two of him? You can't do that with an e-mail. Did he build a time machine? Was he the one that landed on the roof with that thing that could be a time machine?
What changed her fate was the message he sent while walking in the street but he realized that changed immediately.

Okay, that piece I do have something for. He probably only experiences the big freeze that makes the time line change so obvious when he personally initiates the shift. When other people move the time line, his memories still don't change, but he's also not consciously aware that things are changing either.

Of course, that brings up a whole lot of other questions for episode 1. I guess perhaps it's kind of explainable if what he was trying to tell her had nothing to do with the stabbing text, but there's still a whole lot about that which is puzzling in general. Way I see it, there are two world line shifts that had to happen that day. The text, and whatever changed John Titor's time of arrival. The problem is, the text is what would change his behavior towards Kurisu, but he'd have to be aware of that change and it doesn't occur until the end of the episode. John Titor's time of arrival wouldn't explain it either, and also can't have happened within that fifteen minute gap because he spent the tail end of it discussing John Titor with the presenter.

There we have our problem. At the end of the day, neither the text nor John Titor could feasibly have been changed within that time period. What there a third shift that day? Did his text somehow change John Titor's time of arrival, and also somehow cause the satellite, but there was a second shift we were unaware of (possibly tied in to that mystery machine?). Okabe and his friends can't have caused the satellite to crash, since none of their actions are in keeping with that. Okabe thought it was Organizations doing, and Super Hacker doesn't give any indications of having done it. Really, I'm starting to think that it's just not possible to make sense of episode one yet with the information we've been given.
May 23, 2011 11:38 PM

Feb 2010
Genix said:
Time manipulation plots always leave me with a headache... -.-
...But they usually tend be extremely interesting since they also tend to work out your brain quite a bit.

not really , most of them have plot holes.

btw i still think that moeka is titor.
May 24, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
Tuturuuu.....I just love it when Mayuri says that.
May 24, 2011 3:38 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
Monad said:

This troubles me too. Is the only think that doesn't make sense. He seems to realize when a time line is changed so what happened there. Where they two of him? You can't do that with an e-mail. Did he build a time machine? Was he the one that landed on the roof with that thing that could be a time machine?
What changed her fate was the message he sent while walking in the street but he realized that changed immediately.
Of course, that brings up a whole lot of other questions for episode 1. I guess perhaps it's kind of explainable if what he was trying to tell her had nothing to do with the stabbing text, but there's still a whole lot about that which is puzzling in general. Way I see it, there are two world line shifts that had to happen that day. The text, and whatever changed John Titor's time of arrival. The problem is, the text is what would change his behavior towards Kurisu, but he'd have to be aware of that change and it doesn't occur until the end of the episode. John Titor's time of arrival wouldn't explain it either, and also can't have happened within that fifteen minute gap because he spent the tail end of it discussing John Titor with the presenter.
So the thing is, could a shift within the shift happen? John Titor would be able to know about this and perhaps initiate it but I am not sure how much the world time lines are accessible. I do know there is advanced time manipulation that may let someone into the manipulation of time at the precise level such as shifting a shift already happening within one line. This is rather insane to think but can be attributed to multi time shifts like a time paradox of a time paradox. Really mind confusing stuff TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 27, 2011 11:35 AM
Mar 2011
Lol'd at tutturu text message !
I think they are finally meeting the plot. Things will be much more interesting from now on.
The idea of being the messiah was amazing, we will se what he meant by that in the next ep i hope..
May 28, 2011 7:35 AM

Sep 2008
A lot of suspense in this episode. Finally the epicness I was expecting is starting to kick in.

5/5
May 28, 2011 5:06 PM

Feb 2010
Suspenseful ending, Things are starting off with a blast! Finally this anime gets somewhere and the Titor story coming back in.
May 31, 2011 12:28 PM

Dec 2010
I wondered if it's normal for Okarin to retain his memories at all, allready. But now, when he's(again) the only one to do remember what happened before, the scene goes more mystical than I supposed it will. Now really can't predict where's this going to. I thought the same few eps before this one, but now things look even more complicated. Still, I have to watch this episode again and/or think more on this Time-Space string(universe) theory(and the Divergence Number thing), cause' I don't think I got all of it =/
Jun 6, 2011 10:32 AM

Feb 2010
Words can't even describe how awesome this is.
Jun 14, 2011 6:45 PM

Apr 2009
Dun dun dun.
It all makes a lot more sense.
Jun 23, 2011 11:56 AM

May 2008
I swear he's like a male version of Haruhi Suzumiya and Kyon wrapped into one person.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 26, 2011 10:31 PM

Aug 2010
This episode gave me a paranormal activity shiver specially when he changed the past but no one knew what they've done.

And whats this stuff about being a "Messiah"...this is so EPIC i'm completely glued to the screen and i totally see how i'm gonna suffer when i finally have to wait for episodes each week T.T

ukonkivi said:
I swear he's like a male version of Haruhi Suzumiya and Kyon wrapped into one person.

LOLOL right? i was thinking something along those lines :D
Jul 10, 2011 2:51 AM

Nov 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting!
Jul 17, 2011 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
All the time warp and changing the past ..
Awesome.
ukonkivi said:

^ this.
Jul 22, 2011 2:09 AM

Jan 2010
Anyone noticed that Light Yagami took over in the end...? looks like Mamoru Miyano takes up the role of another "savior". the laugh doesnt help.
Jul 26, 2011 10:47 PM

Apr 2009
I laughed pretty hard when the landlord's daughter said 'doo doo dooo!' the same way Mayuri does, not sure why.
Aug 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Feb 2011
really don't understand what happen
but that make this show more interesting
Aug 6, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2011
hell yeah, it's getting hot now o_o
Aug 11, 2011 1:36 PM

Nov 2010
That was actually quite enjoyable, looking forward to the next episode (first time in this show so far).
Aug 14, 2011 7:57 AM
May 2011
I like the direction this is going.
Aug 22, 2011 7:32 AM

Mar 2011
Haha! Okarin was right to be fearful of sending that text.

He tried to win an inconspicuous 3rd place, but won second by mistake. And he changed many other things. Tut tut tut, messing with time travel is never a good idea. Unless you're some sort of super intelligence. Which are rare!
Sep 11, 2011 6:04 PM

Dec 2010
Was that Naota from FLCL making a cameo walking in the mall near the end?!
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Sep 15, 2011 12:35 AM

Mar 2009
Wow, this show just took off like a bullet. Really shaping up very nicely and only 1/4th the way through.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Sep 17, 2011 12:01 AM

Jun 2009
ukonkivi said:

Oh, and I was wondering why he's so awesome. That explains it.

This series is literally getting better by the episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 21, 2011 12:32 AM
Mar 2009
Fuck, the episodes are like sex; they just keep getting better and better as you go on and the ending is just, OMFG.

Wow, the past was completely changed. I sense time paradox mind fuckery soon.

And wow, Daru actually accused Kurisu-TIIINAAA/The Zombie/Celeb-17/Cel-7 of being tsundere and she basically affirmed it, hahahaha.
ChronosXIIISep 21, 2011 12:44 AM
Sep 25, 2011 3:41 AM

Aug 2011
xD can't keep up with Okabe! He's such a interesting character! <3
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Oct 10, 2011 4:48 PM

May 2010
This show is nuts lol. One thing is certain, that part-timer has to be from the future.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 16, 2011 4:40 AM

May 2008
I don't think the "satellite" from EP1 is really a satellite.
There was a fall, but if it had passed through the atmosphere it would have been partly burned during the process.

Also, when someone was killed in EP1, it was a male scream, so maybe it was something like "future Okabe dressed as Kurisu to see who would want to kill her".
Oct 25, 2011 12:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I get the feeling that by the time I've finished watching this, I won't understand a thing!

Loving it though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 4, 2011 5:58 PM

Aug 2009
Th3DivineOne said:
Marzan said:
I get the feeling that by the time I've finished watching this, I won't understand a thing!

Loving it though.

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

Same haha.
Interesting nevertheless.
Nov 9, 2011 12:08 AM

Feb 2009
Now that was pretty awesome! I can't say I didn't expect something like this, but the way it was executed...brilliant.
Nov 26, 2011 10:03 AM

Jun 2011
Finally they decided to change the past! A lot of things happen and still confusing like why Okarin still retain his memories after the "change".

And Kurisu officially declared that she's a tsundere by actually know what that word means =)

That part-timer girl may indeed from the future, judging by her actions so far~
Dec 5, 2011 8:38 PM
Apr 2011
By far the best episode.

We realize that Okabe has the power to retain his memories and change the world lines at the same time. Thus, John Titor tells him that he can change the future. The build up to this part was excellent! This ep in general was very suspenseful and I thought the pacing was spot-on!

I still wanna know more about Moeka! I personally think she might have a certain ability too, just like Okabe.

Anyways, this episode was excellent! Like I said, the pacing of the events kept me at the edge my seat and awesome background music made everything even more suspenseful.

One last thing: I love how they gradually tell the audience what the details behind time traveling is and how it works, instead of throwing all the information at the audience without giving them time to comprehend. They give out the information little by little in each ep! This is called great story telling!
Mahan-KDec 5, 2011 8:41 PM
Dec 30, 2011 11:58 AM

Sep 2010
It is getting better and better with each episode.
Jan 3, 2012 11:36 AM

Apr 2009
Pretty convenient Okabe and her lab buddies just happen to be in the exact same location as before the world line jump and the trap character just happens to bring the ticket as proof.

Well doesn't matter, it's just a convenient shortcut and the premise of accidentally (thought I doubt it's accidental, I'll see later) creating a time machine and the fact Okabe's memories can move to someone who is physically another person (him in another timeline) probably mean I'm supposed to overlook stuff like this and enjoy the story.

Also, looks like shit's getting real.
Jan 5, 2012 11:34 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:
that part-timer has to be from the future.

my thoughts exactly
Jan 6, 2012 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Things are getting interesting now
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.