Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2008 8:56 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whah I don't really get this ending... Could anyone tell me what the hell happened?
btw. nice one Akane... you pulled a great prank '- -
Jun 2, 2009 8:52 PM

Feb 2009
I'm with you on that one. I don't really get what happened. And wtf was up with the Ayu Mayu?
Nov 17, 2009 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know either. That part there they all were chibies and Ayu & Mayu killed everyone, creeped me out and instead of 5, I ranked this anime 4. I'm really happy that Akane didn't start dating that Gouda. He's the stupidest character ever! I knew before watching that Gouda is stupid, but I didn't expect him to be that stupid! And looks like he didn't truly love Akane, because he fell in love with two other girsl as soon as he saw them. He's girl-crazy too! >.>
Sep 26, 2010 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
This is probably too late of a reply, but basically the end of this episode was sort of a leadoff to the story that's part of the Muv-Luv game. As for the chibi comedy at the end, if I understand correctly, the sign on top said "From Kimi Nozo to Muv-Luv", with the symbolic handing over the bouquet of flowers from Haruka (KGNE) to Sumika (Muv-Luv). Ayu/Mayu & co party crazhed and went ballistic since they won't be part of the new series and had such little time in the OVA.
Nov 7, 2010 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
So, the bizarre ending was only understandable when watching the rest of the series, right?

I didn't expected to understand most thing, but the rest of it was fun enough.
Mar 10, 2011 7:12 PM

Aug 2010
I went into this expecting something decent, but It was actually horrible.
May 21, 2011 7:21 PM
Aug 2009
This anime is just a huge lead in to Muv Luv, which centers around Shirogane Takeru. The ending had Meiya get a deal with Gouda where he would transfer out, letting her transfer in. Queue Muv Luv Extra.
Apr 1, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2007
What people don't understand is this is a parody, it absolutely does not have the same atmosphere as the original Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, so i think people that are watching and then watch this are just shocked by the sudden change.

The directors writers wanted to create a cross over from the game Muv-love, character that is hot blooded, does not cry over spilt milk and has a very strong dertimination and a guy with a back bone. These characteristics were lacking considerably in the original series. So this change is kind of unexpected but in truth, its really what Kimi ga Nozomu Eien needed is a character like Goju to help raise everyone's spirits.

I think that is what the writer intended for this ova. Was to show that cross over from a completely different character, diff personality and how he can instantly change Akane and give her hope because of the hell she had to go through in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien even though he was completely oblivious to everything that was going on.

Jul 26, 2012 5:09 PM

Jun 2009
It was kind of cool how this sort of transitioned from KGNE to Muv-Luv and all. Man, I'd really love to see Muv-Luv get a good adaptation, it could be epic as fuck if done right. The problem is how exactly it could be pulled off.

@ link9us

The comedy was more in line with the Extra portion of Muv-Luv, but Takeru (the guy hanging around Sumika and Sakaki) is a much funnier character who isn't quite as brainless as Goda. Though he grows a lot during the course of the story.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 3, 2012 10:26 PM

Nov 2011
Strange opening...

Overall, average OVA although I did enjoy some parts of it especially the talk near the end.

Rumbling Hearts > this though.

Just my 2 cents.
Dec 2, 2012 11:40 PM

Mar 2011
Of course is hard to like something you don't understand. Akane Maniax s a masterpiece.
Apr 13, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2012
Well a decent side story although pretty weird that they included such weird concepts with the main story all being dead serious... Still pretty funny to see that they've put this kind of concept in the series and well the pace and story of these little side story was pretty decent! The ending sure was funny! So all by all a funny watch!
May 2, 2013 5:19 AM
Dec 2012
not familiar with the original but this was a solid 2 up until that awful ending. it took one freaking minute to ruin everything ffs
This community is terrible.
Jul 14, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
well that was a waste of time, good thing I fast-forwarded the ovas
Feb 18, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2008
Seriously.. that main dude is so messed up! Did he watched too much mecha and shounen manga until his head gone nuts? XD
Jul 3, 2014 11:29 PM

Dec 2008
CROSS STORY REFERENCES!!! YES! lol truly made me feel like people have not entirely forgotten about the short as can be OVA type shows that the mid 80s to mid 90s were rife with. NOt bad, but not great either....JUGS ON THAT SENSEI THOUGH...KAMPAI!!! lol 6/10
Dec 10, 2014 4:44 PM

Jul 2012
good Spin-off for me :3
and somehow it continuation from the series xD

Jan 2, 2016 4:12 PM

Mar 2012
I am soo confused about this O.o

Someone enlighten me what did I just watch?
Jan 15, 2016 3:54 PM

Aug 2015
while it would be bearable on its own, somehow I find this really insulting to KGNE.
Jan 25, 2016 8:00 PM
May 2014
Jesper3 said:
I am soo confused about this O.o

Someone enlighten me what did I just watch?

A kind of prequel to muv-luv Extra. I think it's told what happened to Gouda on the first lines of the game.
zerocustomMar 24, 2016 4:22 PM
Jun 18, 2016 6:33 AM

Apr 2015
Wow that was...bad... also rated 3 instead of 4 because MC was annoying af.
Apr 23, 2019 12:37 AM

May 2010
Cut out all the Gouda parts in all 3 episodes and merge into one, ta-da episode 15 of the original...haiz.

I want to give my lowest standard rating but there's Akane as title. Brutal, they can do it properly...why.

Next stop AyuMayu.
Oct 10, 2019 5:34 PM

Nov 2016
The first few minutes and some parts here and there were kinda amusing, especially the very end xD

Still think that I wasted my time with this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 11, 2019 3:56 AM

Dec 2015
FMmatron said:
I wasted my time with this.

You should have watched Honô no Tenkôsei instead. ;)
Nov 3, 2020 10:44 AM

Aug 2018
Eh, I don't know how effective are solutions "believe!".. I imagine, they are more useful and efficient in some mechanical tasks.. Like exercises.. Or something.. In itself, it sounds like one of the most empty and meaningless words, actually..
How is that slutty teacher even allowed on school grounds, lol..
Ah, ok, whole him learning to swim and talk after that - just dude's imagination..
Eh, I mean.. It feels like this OVA is more about this dude.. And less about Akane, to be honest.. And I don't care about him that much.. Still, I guess, there are glimses of girls I care about here and there, but then it feels like 90% filler about dude, and 10% interesting content.. Which is kinda eh..
Well, this dude is written a bit annoyingly.. He can spit facts, truth, or at least interesting things.. But at the same time do such stupid shit.. Should I think more about his words, if he's just so annoying to me with some other stuff.. I don't know.. Maybe I could.. Though, I still don't want to, really..
But really some important things he says.. Like that in the past things could be seen as right.. And everyone shares responsibility.. And some inner weakness appears due to sad memories.. And some other stuff.. But in the end.. It's both right and not really, I guess.. Still you have to change sometimes and admit that even if in the past you had your reasons, it doesn't necessary mean that you didn't do shit, just because you had your reasons.. We do shit from time to time everyone, I think.. On the other hand, no reason on dwelling on it or feeling guilty, really.. Just if would want to achieve something - what is it - and what I can do to achieve this now, really?.. Is what I'd say.. And yeah - responsibility is not only yours.. As well as not only other person's.. Helps in cases of both blaming someone, or yourself, I guess.. And about inner weakness.. Hm.. At the end of the day, I think, it's important to just be again someone you wanna be.. Is what I'd think.. Like, if you feel that maybe sometimes you're weak in relationships - relationships are quite taxing sometimes, you know?.. I'd say no reason to go over your head to become terminator emotionally, if that's not who you want to be in relationships.. Also, I agree with this statement maybe having part of truth, but it also feels pathologizing, to be honest.. I think, some acceptance of sad nature of things is also a viable path, not necessary a weakness.. Is it not allowed to feel any negative emotions whatsoever now or what?.. Probably that's not the intent.. Intent is to reach something productive or stuff.. But to reach productive, only on the ground of avoiding weakness?.. Not the motivation I'd personally want to follow..
Well, yeah, this dude is quite not stable in his love interests in the end, lol..
I have no idea, what was about the chibi fight in the end.. Not sure, but they were mad of something, I guess..
Mar 18, 2021 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
TAKERU IS HERE LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Jun 6, 2022 7:48 AM

Dec 2020
Yoooooooo at that ending they played the muv-luv theme song and all and Meiya was cool as shit

Now I kinda wish jouji was in muv-luv somehow
Jan 24, 2023 6:35 AM
Jul 2022
I guess that's what explains why it has so much mech stuff because Gouda is actually from muvluv? Are they created with same authors. I mean there is some good akane lore in the 3 episodes but it's just a way to give Gouda a backstory by using a romance anime transfer into a mech anime?
Haven't watched my muvluv but I saw the spoiler part on his info, and he fell in love with someone else that's not in his animeoigraphy? Someone explain this to me so I don't ask too many questions
Dec 21, 2023 6:56 AM

Dec 2022
What? Aside from the characters from Muv-Luv appearing, I got nothing from this. Just nonsense with some age tie-ins.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 28, 2023 3:43 AM

Jan 2008
This frickin' topic is coming to haunt me over and over again xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane Maniax Episode 1 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Nov 5, 2010

15 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:33 AM

» wtf was this?

DeathfireD - Jul 25, 2007

20 by removed-user »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:38 AM

Poll: » Akane Maniax Episode 2 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Nov 6, 2010

9 by removed-user »»
Sep 27, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.