Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 11, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode, just loved all the emotional intensity :)
Not really suprised about danzo, no wonder he's gone all these years without major opposition, considering his opinions of the third hokage.
Mar 12, 2011 10:06 AM

Aug 2009
Loved this episode.
Poor Sakura, she must be feeling terrible, this upcoming arc has to be my favourite, because of Sakura's character development, and Kakashi's surprising (spoiler spoiler spoiler)
Mar 12, 2011 6:33 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, so now it looks like Sasuke's going to get alittle surprise from his former teammates. >.>
I can't wait for more interesting stuff to happen.

Mar 15, 2011 8:20 AM

Jun 2008
so many good reviews, i must be missing something, cuz i was falling asleep thru this ep. maybe cuz i've read the manga and was hoping to actually understand where all this was going this time around, but nope, it's still going nowhere, useless plot threads all over the place, unnecessary meetings, just confusing.
Mar 22, 2011 2:59 PM

Aug 2010
bskbob said:
white zetsu"hello" was epic win^^
Yeah, he said like he didn't have a care in the world what would happen to him
Apr 28, 2011 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
- Sai had to say that for her to realize that? Oye.
- Shame on Danzo.
- I still love White Zetsu.
May 1, 2011 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
Game_Master said:
I found it really funny when Sai told Sakura "Even I can tell that Naruto loves you"

These guys couldn't agree on the awesomeness of peanut butter and chocolate. It may actually be a good thing that Akatsuki popped in when they did. It was also nice to see that Sai, like possibly much of the viewing audience was tired of this self inclicted bullsh*t that was going on between Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto. It was much needed. Now the real question is will it change anything in a meaningful way. I have a feeling Sakura may do something stupid. Call it a hunch.

May 2, 2011 12:48 PM

Jan 2008
The animation for the eyes seemed a little bit strange in this episode. @_@

The next episode seems interesting.
The pacing is quite good.
And... action, finally, in the next episode. XD
May 4, 2011 8:46 PM

Mar 2011
Loved this episode, specially the scene where Sakura finally discovers that Naruto is in love with her.
May 6, 2011 5:14 AM

Feb 2009
Zetsu's sudden entrance reminded of the most awesome insane villain I've seen, Hidan! Pretty good episode, the slow pace is compensated for building so much tension and keep advancing the plot with pretty cool twists!
May 7, 2011 6:40 PM

Dec 2008
F--- Madara is broken!
Jul 28, 2011 10:19 AM

Apr 2010
Sai's words made me so sad :( and seeing Sakura and Ino crying.. :(
why did Zetsu have to pop up right then??? i wanted to hear how Danzo would answer to the accusation of manipulating :/ however the HELLO was hilarious XD
looking forward to seeing the following episodes ^^
Sep 15, 2011 3:24 PM

Sep 2008
Kiijutsu said:
Game_Master said:
I found it really funny when Sai told Sakura "Even I can tell that Naruto loves you"

I don't really think that I was the least bit funny, more something like a really awesome Sai moment. honestly, I didn't really like him at the beginning, but his expression and his words really added fuel to my flames of anger - which I direct against Sakura. in this moment he should just have punched her in the face for all the pain Naruto suffered so far!

I've come to really like Sai, too! I remember hating him so much at the beginning. But that's the awesome thing about the Naruto series - there are so many characters who start out as so disagreeable and hard to like, but they usually turn into really great characters later on (usually through interaction with Naruto, it seems).

Naruto's face at the end, upon hearing Madara's voice? Yeah, that was what my face looked like. Freaked me out. He's way too sly! Just appearing randomly like that...
Dec 5, 2011 4:01 PM

Jun 2009
Woah cool chapter
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 18, 2012 8:18 PM

Nov 2009
i thought it was a really good sai moment too. i flippin hate sakura i wished so bad that sai would've given her a good five star across the face. i also think its a really wasted plot element that naruto loves sakura. 1. it's a hopeless cause and 2. sakura doesn't treat him well at all. sai was really right in saying she caused a lot of naruto's pain. if it wasn't for that stupid promise i think naruto could end up killing sasuke to end the whole cycle of hate thing, although personally i hope this happens regardless.

i didn't feel any sympathy for sakura when she was crying either. she's upset because sasuke is a wanted criminal and the village can no longer accept him, and because she's been a terrible friend to naruto. someone needs to slap her honestly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2012 2:09 AM

May 2011
Nice ep, things are picking up very well in this arc now, the pacing is looking a lot better. :)
Apr 8, 2012 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
711 said:
@ Monad

I usually don't like your approach to the subject (and ooo boy, how you raged on this last post of yours) but this time I have to agree, Queen_Stars was badly needing a reality check if he really did get to those conclusions on his own and it's honestly not trolling! It gave me severe facepalms reading trough his post.

I still think trying to read anything homoerotic into this is a bit far fetched, It's just that Japanese REALLY blow out of proportion childhood relationships (and who am I to judge? I also do this in my own life ยฌยฌ), the fact that both of them have a big burden, a traumatic past and no family so to speak can really make things even more delineated.

totally agree here and with Monad's earlier post too. Can't add more to both your comments that just nailed it to the point.

But I think that Sai and Shikamaru also do have a point. Sasuke needs to be stopped and they shouldn't rely too much on Naruto. I don't say that a death sentence is the solution as I believe that there should be other means too than just to resolve to such extreme.

When Shikamaru said, that Sasuke's action just spread hate around the Shinobi-World it reminds me again, that Sasuke is actually a product of the present, rotten Shinobi world. Or a victim, as well as was Itachi. Hence why I can't hate but rather pity him.
shiroi-ookamiApr 8, 2012 9:27 PM
May 6, 2012 6:30 AM

Dec 2009
The way Zetsu talks is weird, but cool!
Aug 25, 2013 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly though I understand how Sasuke was a comrade and all, but Sakura and Ino? Of all people are taking it too far like the guy doesn't even think about them. Atleast for Naruto he doesn't want to be compared to him but gimme a break.... Crying over the guy and he'd kill you in an instant if you got in his way? I can't deal. Unacceptable.
Dec 25, 2013 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was kind of emotional. I liked it.
Jan 3, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
Sai did put it right though.... they ALL rely on Naruto too much, i mean main character and all, took out one of the pains in his first hit. Rest of the village couldn't do that, and he still doesn't use that power all the time. He doesn't even play on it... he could have taken out the two cloud ninja's but still went after his friends instead (they just get in the way half the time)

He's more grown up than the lot of them, and even though all his friends faults - he still loves them. He's always been in love with Sakura... no actual reasoning, he just has been.

But even when he was younger, he still swallowed it all just to see her happy which is why he made the promise in the first place. He wants her to be happy even if that means he isn't with her.... lets face it; it's why they want to follow him, he just IS. He can't even lie convincingly when he tries...
Mar 19, 2014 7:38 AM
Mar 2014
this episode was awesome!

i don't care about Sakura so much. I still hope for NaruHina!

at the moment, ii believe, that naruto is stronger than sasuke (after obtaining the sage mode etc. )
May 31, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
next ep gon be good
Jul 27, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
Fucking exciting! Danzo being called out, then Zetsu popping out of nowhere mentioning Sasuke then being choked by Raikage! And fucking Tobi coming out of nowhere! YESSSSSSSs
Aug 11, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
I was literally clapping my hands like a retarded seal this entire episode.

First Sai goes epic, then Shikamaru, then Danzo getting busted by someone with a Byakugan, and I still didn't manage to recover from Zetsu popping up when booom Madara shows up and I'm like WHAT ?!? :O lol

When Shikamaru said, that Sasuke's action just spread hate around the Shinobi-World it reminds me again, that Sasuke is actually a product of the present, rotten Shinobi world. Or a victim, as well as was Itachi. Hence why I can't hate but rather pity him.
--> this
Sep 12, 2014 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
OMG OMG FUCK. SO MANY SHIT HAPPENING IT'S SOOOO INTENSE GOD. I CAN't EVEN REMEMBER ALL THAT HAPPENED IS THIS 20 MINUTES!
I think Sakura ha to hear that from Sai because what he said is absolutely correct. I go to admit that when she was crying I thought: "Well, you deserve that, making such an empty request to Naruto and making him suffer all that time". Of courseI understand that most of Naruto's pain was cause by Sasuke but Sakura has a big part in that for sure. But then, I love it how Shikamaru said that, either way, they would do something to stop Sasuke because it is their responsability and I liked Sakura's reaction. I'm just wondering what they will do now...

Also, Danzou was manipulating that Mifune guy? Well, I understand that but the thing I don't understand is why; why would he want to be the lider of that Alliance? Maybe just 'cause of power? Hum, I don't quite get it... Oh, and he has Shisui's Sharingan? So, Itachi killed Shisui and Danzou stealled his Sharingan? Dirty bastard...
So, when they found out he was manipulating Mifune I guess that Alliance is as good as over right? And Zetsu appearing out of nowhere ahahaha so funny. BUT, why the hell would he do that? Was that planned by Madara? Is so, why? Maybe he wants to test Sasuke...

sajpowell said:
Honestly though I understand how Sasuke was a comrade and all, but Sakura and Ino? Of all people are taking it too far like the guy doesn't even think about them. Atleast for Naruto he doesn't want to be compared to him but gimme a break.... Crying over the guy and he'd kill you in an instant if you got in his way? I can't deal. Unacceptable.

Yeah, I got really angry, mostly at Ino, crying about that. I mean, he is in AKATSUKI NOW. He supposedly kidnapped a jinchuriki. AND YOU ARE CRYING OVER A GUY LIKE THAT JUST CAUSE MORE THAN 3 years AGO YOU HAD A CRUSH ON HIM. OH COME ON . I was happy when Kiba told her to stop...

Anyway, seems that where will be some epic action next episode *.*
Nov 22, 2014 5:17 AM
May 2012
Aw man, this episode was so shocking!!
First part was emotionally powerful. I would have preferred if the confession came out on Naruto's mouth, but I am glad Sai said it now. Sai said it good and I have to agree on him. When he said "Even I can tell Naruto loves you" with that expression gave me goosebumps. He is a great character now, and Shikamaru is still awesome as always. I still don't find Sakura annoying like most people do. To me, she is just alright, but really, Sai should have at least slapped her or something I don't know.
Second, I didn't know that, that guy has a Byakugan (He said he stole it, must have a story), but I know that Danzou has Shisui's eye (I deduced it, actually), and that
, but I was surprised when he used Shisui's sharingan to manipulate them.
Third, Zetsu's "Hello" ahahaha. Gay ass motherfucker ahahaha. His voice and way of talking is hilarious.
Finally, I was waiting for Tobi to confront Naruto this episode, and it happened.
Shit is about to go down!!

711 said:
Brilliant! Such high tension episode! From the preview last week I thought it would be an emo fest but they threw in enough EPICNESS to make it astonishing!!! Shippuden is just sooooo good at this moment ><

I am also really looking forward to see Sasuke's reasoning, I am pretty confident he will have a good one. I have quite a few theories but afraid to share them and unintentionally trow a huge spoil. ^^

Also mildly interested in see what Sakura will say to Naruto next time they meet. Hoping for something decent since I think her character needs some love after being utterly destroyed by a succession of huge fails.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the upcoming fights!!! It's amusing how week after week the episodes seem to be getting better ain't it?! Let's just hope the budget follows suit ¬¬

LOL, what she will say is just........*sigh*

deplorable said:
Sai did put it right though.... they ALL rely on Naruto too much, i mean main character and all, took out one of the pains in his first hit. Rest of the village couldn't do that, and he still doesn't use that power all the time. He doesn't even play on it... he could have taken out the two cloud ninja's but still went after his friends instead (they just get in the way half the time)

He's more grown up than the lot of them, and even though all his friends faults - he still loves them. He's always been in love with Sakura... no actual reasoning, he just has been.

But even when he was younger, he still swallowed it all just to see her happy which is why he made the promise in the first place. He wants her to be happy even if that means he isn't with her.... lets face it; it's why they want to follow him, he just IS. He can't even lie convincingly when he tries...

;_;
Mar 10, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
This was one of the most intense episodes! Zetsu popping up in the middle of the conference was the perfect starting gun to all of the action.

Hah leave it to Sai to make Sakura realize what she's being doing to Naruto.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 24, 2015 5:10 AM

Oct 2013
This episode got alot accomplished. II could get used to this pace, but I probably shouldn't.
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Mar 29, 2016 5:55 PM
Mar 2016
I'm so glad that Sai exists! He really vouched for Naruto here and half of what Naruto went through out of guilt for Sasuke was alot of unecessary suffering tbh.
Jun 21, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2016
Sakura is just stupid. But Sai is one smart guy.. Kages are ehh.. lame. tchucikage is annoying, he is old and he think he knows everything, i want Gaara to shut this guy mouth..:)
Jul 15, 2016 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
Okay, a sh**......I've never read the manga so the fact that the head of the atkatski cornered Naruto is freaking me out. Also, the last few minutes of the episode was filled with amazing intense action.

Also waiting for Naruto to freak out now that his crush has been reveled. (To like the only person who didn't know.)
Mar 11, 2017 10:56 AM
Mar 2016
zetsu's entrance really killed me. im glad sai gave sakura that wake up call cause shes really annoying. also i want to see danzo dead cause hes really annoying
Apr 2, 2017 2:08 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Shikamaru and Sai words, hard words, to Sakura about Sasuke, are hards, but they said the truth!!!

Is Danzo a bad guy? :/ I think not, but he lived in the old times, and how Gaara speks, need a change! Ç;)
Aug 8, 2017 12:29 AM

Feb 2017
It was so patetic seeing Sakura and Ino cry tbh
Sai and Shikamaru have a point they must stop that fricking criminal Sasgay
Oct 7, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
White Zetsu is one creepy mother fucker, and god damn Danzo is a cunt
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Nov 2017
Great ep! :) I really like that we're getting to see more of Zetsu, I love him. :D And I wonder what Tobi is going to say to Naruto...
May 10, 2018 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
Everybody is just hording each others' eyes. Kill someone, take their eye, make them your own. Your own eyes are useless, folks! Get better ones!
ZewerrJul 31, 2019 7:40 AM
Jul 30, 2019 12:04 AM

Jun 2017
I'm so glad Sai addressed the elephant in team 7's "room" lol. It's like he's the only sensible one. I get that Sasuke was their friend and all but can't they see he doesn't care about them or at least acts like it (which should put anyone off). Every time they encountered him he fought them clearly meaning he didn't want to go back, so I don't understand why they keep trying to "rescue" him or whatever. I do feel sad for them (team 7) tho but still.
Also, why is Sakura acting surprised about Naruto liking her, I thought she already knew?
Aug 26, 2019 7:08 AM

Mar 2015
The action is gonna pick up!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 23, 2019 10:50 AM

May 2018
Nani tha fucku Zetsu-san??!
Dec 28, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2019
Ok things are getting pretty interesting... And Zetsu's appearance like what on earth?! But I seriously cried in the beginning when Sai and Sakura were talking :(
Feb 23, 2020 10:08 AM

Mar 2019
AAAAAAAAAA,MADARAAA!!.The ending was fucking AWESOMEEEE!!!.How he introduced to Naruto.This shit is going to be amazing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 3, 2020 7:13 PM

Jan 2020
zetsu funny af with that appearance in the summit.
wonder why madara would want to talk when he could just bring him to the hideout with his teleportation ability
Mar 27, 2021 8:12 AM
Mar 2021
sai is so handsome-
Apr 7, 2021 9:44 AM
May 2019
i love this episode it really shows how the creators have put much effort into building the characters' personality and the villages background. so far we've only known konoha's history but not the other villages
May 15, 2021 1:45 PM
Apr 2015
How does Sai someone that’s not good at reading people know that Naruto loves Sakura. Naruto has never stated that once too her, Sai is basing that off the promise that Naruto and Sakura made. He thinks that Naruto is still doing it solely for Sakura when he is not.

You can tell Naruto doesn’t love Sakura , in Naruto Shippuden pt. 2 they didn’t have a lot of ship moments in the manga. They added filler but from the manga , their relationship stayed the same.
Jul 28, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2021
Does anyone know the name of the song played when sai was talking to sakura at the beginning of the episode
Sep 29, 2021 8:06 AM

Feb 2021
Damn things took for a turn so fast!

Danzou had the Sharingan of Shisui Uchiha. A close friend of Itachi and pretty much just like him. Hella strong. Also wasn't Itachi the one who was accused of killing Shisui when he didn't attend that Uchiha meeting or something?

Zetsu just jumps outta nowhere and screams "Hello !" Raikage gets a hold of him too lol.

Madara/Tobi ever so casually comes to meet up with Naruto lmao.

Apr 10, 2022 11:03 AM

Nov 2019
Oh my fucking god, it's as close to fight with the Pain as it could be in matter of emotions I felt while watching it:

1) Something powerful is coming, I can feel it.
2) My immense dislike for Sakura went on whole another level.
3) I feel like people of Konoha finally have some common sense in their minds regarding Sasuke.
4) Oh shit, I felt it in my veins that the thing with Shisui has to be something more, I can't wait for the reveal, my heart is hammering. And where's Itachi here?
5) Zetsu's entrance and his voice gave me chills, ngl.
6) I want to cry together with Naruto, I have no idea how this guy didn't give up on Sasuke yet - and whole another resect for living for over 3 years of his life loving someone that would never love him back.
7) Obito, what the fuck are you doing here?

Poor people who were watching Shippuuden as it was airing, this merciless cliffhanger...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.