Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2013 9:44 AM

Nov 2012
Wait... what?
So Homura just time-travelled?
Well if that's the case then that means this episode is going to be really important...
(cough cough, Steins Gate)
Dec 7, 2013 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
Man, I love this show, keep getting darker and darker...

Sayoko is now a total mess... I feel like there is no way back. I think that she will also have a role in the apparition of the Walpurgis, even if I don't know what it is.

But I wonder about the first scene of the show, the one where Homura look like she's in big trouble, I wonder if it's a scene that is coming. I guess she'll make a wish during the Walpurgis fight and that it is the scene of the beginning. If we go farter, I wonder if someone wish was to go back in time and it's for that reason that Madoka seem to have fragment of memories and that Homura seem to know a lot about her...

Edit : Wow, ok, I'm really dumb, didn't read at the end that Homura had time travel power, wish explain why she know so much about Madoka. Well, this is really OP. Also I wonder if what Kyube is telling Madoka about being able to become ''the most powerfull mahou shoujo ever'' is bullshit. After all, he's an evil little furry shit, I wouldn't be surprised if he have other purpose for her.
minouneetzoeDec 7, 2013 2:49 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 21, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2010
Best episode so far!
This series amaze me even if I already known some spolier.

Kyubey is so evil, and that's both the reason of why some people hate it and some people love it.
Sayaka's expression before she become a witch...a smile of despair.

Homura, being cold, badass, full of mystery,
but breakdown in front of Madoka, someone she really care about
...dat contrast, make her so appealing.
Dec 21, 2013 1:27 PM
Dec 2013
Definitely the most brutal ending in a series known for brutal endings.

The chess game between Homura and Kyubei is finally revealed.
Jan 1, 2014 10:29 PM

Jun 2011
NOOO not SAYAKA!! :(
FUCKIN Kyubei.... you little.. agh, he's doing great job by making me rage and despise him!
Homura always on time <3
5/5
Jan 9, 2014 1:32 AM

Oct 2012
Another intense episode yet dramatic... I start to consider if this show worth 10 in my list because it's so awesome...

Jan 12, 2014 4:11 AM

Nov 2013
This show has done an amazing job hating every single character in this fucking anime!

That scene where Kyubey got hit with a shotgun seriously had my jaw dropping to the floor.

Also, I KNEW IT KYUBEY WAS THE BIG BAD MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jan 12, 2014 4:16 AM

Nov 2013
I absolutely hate Homura, she always has this stupid serious look on her face. JUST LOOK AT HER, SHE LOOKS FUCKING STUPID!

Jan 26, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2011
Had a feeling that witches were really magical girls gone to the dark side. Homura being a time traveller was an interesting revelation. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 27, 2014 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
Now thats what I like to see. Series getting more and more depressing!
Now I'm sure that Kyuube is no good and some evil plot is behind all of this!
Loved those deep feelings from girls ( Sayaka turned to witch? O_o nice..) This is getting better with every ep!
Feb 11, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, this was a good yet dark and depressing episode! That Kyubey or whatever his name is seems to be the bad guy the whole time. Poor Sayaka turned into a witch, oh man I can't imagine how Madoka is going to feel about that.
Mar 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
(3rd time watching)

It's hard to pick one or two things about this episode that stand out... the entire thing is loaded. The fall of Sayaka. Homura's secrets begin to be revealed. The origin of witches. Homura breaking down in tears in front of Madoka.

I might consider this episode to the be "turning point" in the series... or at least the start of it. It's simply outstanding how each and every episode keeps building things up (not that other series don't do that, but few do it so well).
Mar 8, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, that was kind of expected, I knew it that the little shit was up to something. If not all, it's getting much more dark.
Apr 3, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
"If you want to do something for me, how about trying to walk in my shoes first? But you can't. can you? Of course not. You couldn't give up your humanity just because you pity me. You can do anything, but instead you sit there, and i'm the one who has to go through all of this."

Psh, Sayaka's pissing me off again

She's the one dumb enough to make a wish on a whim and didn't bother to really think about her decision... I hope she suffers even more now. If that is even possible.

*Still Watching*
I sure hope Sayaka kills her crush by mistake because she goes into a fit (from the curse). She will definitely turn her back on her sense of justice though. Any character with a strong sense of justice can be easily corrupted in a series as dark as this.

Haha i'm so glad Sayaka is self-destructing already.
Sayaka's just keeps acting like a lost and confused brat now.
Can't even learn to stop and think for a moment and has completely lost her trust in others.
She can't even listen to what people have to say either.

Meh... dispose of this one already.

Ohh! Homura comes to save the day again. FINALLY someone pointed out how freaking annoying and demeaning Madoka sounds when she keeps degrading herself. Like holy s***! Stop doing that already. Otherwise the "Think about the people who care about you" cliche will kick in >.<

OMG MADOKA JUST RUNS AWAYS?
WHAT THE HECK???
OMG SHE IS PISSING ME OFF TOO!

You can't solve anything by running away!

HAHAHA Sayaka! Cry more please. I really hate you.

Oh and psh, at the end of this episode... that part of the plot was already obvious...
I mean like really... what kind of an innocent/saint-like pet-like creature would consume a pure concentrated ball of hate. That would not make any sense in any context what so ever.
Unless their mouths contained a portal to another dimension and the things in this dimension could never return, then maybe that could work... rofl
duderusApr 3, 2014 8:46 PM

Apr 5, 2014 8:31 PM
Jun 2013
Thus we have the fall of another character. Feel bad for her and the stupid time limit hitomi put didint help at all.You would think kyosuke would want to talk to the person whos been by his side since the incedent brought music and brought family support but no that would be the non dick thing to do. I think killing the cat and saying to forget your best friend is the best way to try to warm up to someone. Also i guess the cat is satan
Apr 16, 2014 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Incubator, huh? I really hope we get some sort of explanation soon. I don't like being kept in the dark for this long.

Not Sayaka! Seriously, this episode was amazing. My jaw dropped to the floor every two minutes or so.
Apr 25, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
Sayaka got too overwhelmed by "not being a human" anymore.

Shame she couldn't deal with it and ended up turning into a witch.
May 26, 2014 12:47 PM

May 2014
This show is turning out to be great... I absolutely LOVE this kind of deconstruction.
Men always seem to think about their past before they die, as though he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.
May 27, 2014 10:26 PM
May 2014
Mindless speculation buuuuut

Like I said, mindless speculation, but it DOES make a lot of sense.
I like dem animes.
You does too.
May 28, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2013
LeColetrain said:
Mindless speculation buuuuut

Like I said, mindless speculation, but it DOES make a lot of sense.

May 30, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2011
Woah this show keeps getting darker and darker O_O

To be honest I was pretty bored in the start but HOLY SHIT this show.
Jun 4, 2014 2:45 AM

Jan 2014
OMG, so Magical Girls are really future witches :O
Is Madoka's friend really a witch now??WOW ! >-<
Can't wait to see what's coming next!! interesting...
Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 8, 2014 6:41 AM

Jul 2013
kyubei is the cutest vilain ever
now the whole homura deal is making sense :)
Jun 24, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Here's a small puzzle from this episode - perhaps it has a very simple solution, but I've missed it. Kyuubei says to Homura, "That's the second time you've killed me." And he adds that it allowed him to see that she did it using time manipulation.

First - when did Homura kill Kyuubei before? She badly injured him in ep. 1, but I don't think she's killed him

Second - how did this give him an insight into her time manipulation? After all, he's seen her apparently materialising and dematerializing in different places all through the series, which might have tipped him off, so what extra clue did he get from his experience of being Swiss cheesed? Or is it just that he listened in to her conversation with Madoka afterwards and put 2 and 2 together from that?
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Jun 24, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2013
steepholm said:
Here's a small puzzle from this episode - perhaps it has a very simple solution, but I've missed it. Kyuubei says to Homura, "That's the second time you've killed me." And he adds that it allowed him to see that she did it using time manipulation.

First - when did Homura kill Kyuubei before? She badly injured him in ep. 1, but I don't think she's killed him

Second - how did this give him an insight into her time manipulation? After all, he's seen her apparently materialising and dematerializing in different places all through the series, which might have tipped him off, so what extra clue did he get from his experience of being Swiss cheesed? Or is it just that he listened in to her conversation with Madoka afterwards and put 2 and 2 together from that?

1. Probably off screen during one of his attempts to contact Madoka.
2. All bullets fired from one single gun hit him at the same time. Also the talk probably too, but the shots were more than enough to prove she manipulates time.
Jun 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:

Possible (if a bit sneaky!).

Botato said:
2. All bullets fired from one single gun hit him at the same time. Also the talk probably too, but the shots were more than enough to prove she manipulates time.

Ah, that makes sense. This is where not knowing anything about guns is a disadvantage.
Jun 24, 2014 3:29 PM

Nov 2013
steepholm said:
Possible (if a bit sneaky!).
Well,
Jun 25, 2014 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
Botato said:

Jun 25, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2013
HeisenDurden said:
Botato said:

Refer to post 483.
Jun 25, 2014 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
HeisenDurden said:

Refer to post 483.
[spoiler]I am sure that in ep 10, in the flashback right before Madoka picks the hurt QB,Homura kills one of his bodies.Maybe it is the same timeline?
Jun 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2014

[/quote]Refer to post 483.
[/quote]

Jun 25, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
@ssjokg & HeisenDurden
Jun 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
I think I'd assumed that was a different timeline - but I'm not sure why.

Having said, that, if Homura knows (as she actually says to Kyoko earlier in Ep. 8) that "There is no point in killing that creature", it makes you wonder why she goes to so much trouble to do so, particularly in Ep. 1. You might prevent Kyuubei talking to Madoka on some particular occasion (and particularly when she's just about to make a contract), but there's no way you can stop him linking up with her eventually.

That makes the hopelessness of H's task all the more tragic - but it also makes me puzzle over her saying in Ep. 2 that "I had hoped to kill it before it made contact with you" (or words to that effect). Homura must know by then that he has "countless spares". Indeed,
I can only suppose that she says that in Ep. 2 to make an impression on Madoka before Kyuubei gets his hooks in too deep.
Jun 25, 2014 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
steepholm said:
I can only suppose that she says that in Ep. 2 to make an impression on Madoka before Kyuubei gets his hooks in too deep.
Not just that but I'm thinking she was also hoping she can continue to prevent him from meeting her
Jul 28, 2014 1:37 PM

Jun 2010
LOOOOOL this show is priceless. while watching this show I never expected to see a cute animal eat itself kyubey you have all my respect.

yuuurh now the source of all these witches comes to light.
kinda crapy that a giant douche like madoka is the ultimate trump card though
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 8, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2012
Time manipulation magic.Homura from a different timeline.

Surprised Sayaka ended up being my favorite character in this series,sucks she became a witch,she's probably going to get killed next episode (probably by Kyouko because shipping XD)

Speaking of which Sayaka x Kyouko>Madoka x Homura.
Sep 9, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2013
VanishingKira said:
Sayaka ended up being my favorite character in this series
You deserve a cookie.
Sep 21, 2014 2:20 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit,Magical girl becoming witch is certainly unexpected,Kyubey and his evil plan of infesting the world with witches.Now i wonder if Mami isn;t dead but corrupted into a witch?
I've heard theory of Homura being able to manipulate time,now this had been confirmed,the inclusion of different timeline probably gunna complicate things a lot more,not sure if for better or for worse.
LMAO and Kyubey certainly learnt his something from being with Kyouko,"Don't waste food".
Sep 25, 2014 2:24 AM

Oct 2013
Kyuubey eating himself was just... what the holy fuck. o_o

I somehow predicted Sayaka turning into a witch and kind of figured that's what happened to magical girls who use up all their magic, but that was still pretty heavy.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 26, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2014
Was Homura Madoka's lover in the different timeline?
Oct 2, 2014 12:19 AM
Oct 28, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Sayaka, Can she still be saved?
That scene where Kyuube was shot came really out of nowhere.
He's really up to no good.
Dec 27, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
HAHAHAH SAYAKA she got what she deserved :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2014
So all witches are magical girls made by the incubator.
Kyubey the evil mastermind confirmed.
Also time travelling Homura-chan ftw.
Jan 7, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
....This would all make Sense when they said Homura Is From The Future....She is Preventing Madoka From Becoming A Magical Girl...And Stopping what Sounds Like a Boss Fight That would take place...But she's Is Not Changing Anyone Else Fate For that Matter...She Won't Save Mami Even When She knows She Would Die There...But She Was Trying to save Sayaka...meh I can't read Them At all!
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jan 7, 2015 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
I know What Power Madoka Will Posess!.....Sounds Godly...so...it's the

Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jan 8, 2015 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
Okay, so I have a question. Those soul gems are their soul, right? Does that mean they can switch bodies. Like, some random person is dead, so one of the magical girls puts their soul gem in their hand, and suddenly they're in a different body? Can that happen?
Jan 9, 2015 12:06 AM

Apr 2014
AmuxIkutolover said:
Okay, so I have a question. Those soul gems are their soul, right? Does that mean they can switch bodies. Like, some random person is dead, so one of the magical girls puts their soul gem in their hand, and suddenly they're in a different body? Can that happen?

Maybe in Season 2 :)
Feb 10, 2015 12:48 PM

Nov 2014
Wait what, my brain hurts. Cannibal Kyubey and Sayaka turning into a witch? Plus Kyubey was called 'the incubator', what does it all mean?? @__@
Feb 14, 2015 6:58 PM

Feb 2015
WTF DID I JUST WATCH
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1544 by Zorzalillo »»
May 18, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.