Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 18, 2016 3:00 PM

Feb 2013
one of my favorite SOLs easily now

Only SHAFT series thus far that ever jived with me all the way through, yet one of its less appreciated properties.
May 20, 2016 4:59 AM

Aug 2012
That was an unexpectedly heavy episode.. reminds me a little of lucky star.
Great series overall 9/10
Jun 12, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2015
LMAO, this episode is the best episode from this anime xD really like @ how they put the meaning behind the title of the show into this finale episode xD and it was a little bit emotional too xD i really like it.

overall, it was an enjoyable series from Shaft. as i expected from the cinematography, most of the enjoyment were coming from the animation and cinematography, obvious the slice of life elemnts too xD but the other reason why i think this finale episode is the best episode becasue it has a more bigger plot than any other episode have xD i wish all of the episode have the same plot like this finale episode but either way, i still enjoyed this anime xD

and another reason why i enjoy this anime is actually because of the MC's VA xD
just gonna be honest i didn't expect that voice would be coming from the MC's mouth.....Maka Albarn from Soul Eater, the VA, was voicing this anime's MC xD now that i thought it would be freaking interesting and yes it is interesting and funny imo xD

the joke was fun and crazy imo, and obviously it was funny too xD i really enjoyed it xD one of the reason why i enjoy the series, but too bad that they didn't live up with the romance between the MC girl and the other boy xD her childhood friend xD a certain episode was showing the MC and the boy ditching school to somewhere far xD and that looked like a freaking sweet date to me. i think they showed it almost from the beginning until the end of the episode if i'm not wrong.....

wouldn't mind a second season tho but.....i guess i'm too late to say that xD
great show imo. i give 9/10 but not solid. more spesifically; 8.7/10.
Aug 3, 2017 7:44 PM

Aug 2014
that was an extremely sad, funny and beautiful, great way to end the anime,8/10.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 11, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2017
DOWNTOWN!!!!..

As the song plays by Sugar Babe fits on how the series would ended perfectly.."This is way less despair yet suicidal.. day by Hotori". When you thought it's just a normal show, It felt like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei vibes in a minute, Delightfully roundabout gimmicks and surprising out of character routine based on how it interprets daily sitcom in every episode until the last scenario came out was truly mindblown. Contradicting Hotori's experience began to end in the afterlife as she hopelessly livin' what she desires but taken for granted when she's always needed by them more than how she go on her journey past to afterlife. "Such living that stays peacefully chirping and gains more inducing miraculous geniune life.

10/10
-HippySnob-Aug 11, 2017 10:24 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 7, 2017 2:26 PM

May 2010
This was such a pleasant watch throughout, really self-aware show. The philosophies were all on point. The characters were really fun. Jokes were on mark. On top of it, the ending was a tearjerker. Gah. Somehow I started Nichijou vibes in the 2nd half of the season. Gonna miss.

8.5/10
Oct 27, 2017 12:27 AM

Oct 2014
that was a nice ending.
what a roller coaster of emotions hehehe.

8/10.
Jan 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
Meanders in the beginning, becomes good, then meanders again at the end. Liked what the final episode was trying to show, but found the way it went about it a little much. If only all the episodes were like the middle episodes. Still a good show.
Sep 20, 2018 3:15 PM

Oct 2015
Hotori's afterlife was hilarious especially when you have to use money to buy something. Too bad she didn't remember to visit the old man's grave. Her father was really worried about her though and I think that's the only money he had to put into the shrine, and I think he's the one that saved her.

I felt Kon and Hotori grew closer, and were more friends than her and Tatsuno. Too bad towards the end of the series Moriaki wasn't an important character. But I enjoyed it and I loved all the characters.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 25, 2019 4:54 PM

Aug 2015
that took a dark turn...

this episode is a 10

Japanese heaven is bureaucracy and arcade games
are you sure that isn't hell?

the best part was Hotori going to ancient Egyptian afterlife by mistake
sasuga, Hotori
Jul 16, 2020 6:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Idk how to interpret my feeling. Started with random maid action, ended with some supernatural thingy that wanted to portray the last thing might changed if Hotori gone. Yeah, but it just a prank. She was alive again, revived. Everyone happy, i am happy too. The end! Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Great message!
I guess i can hold still their eccentrical around this little show. As a fan of simple SoL with CGDCT aspect required i can't help but satisfied in the end. I laughed to where the plot bring it on. So, yeah, a bit sad. It just ended like that....

Overall? A mean rate again, i think. So, yeah thats a solid 8/10 for this little 1 cour show.
#popularity: 2134
badabassJul 16, 2020 6:57 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 6, 2020 7:47 AM

Dec 2012
my noodle suddenly turned out a bit salty while watching this episode
Jun 6, 2021 12:02 PM
Jan 2017
Unbelievable episode. I can't help but feel. Need to read the manga after that.
Jul 22, 2021 12:24 AM

Feb 2020
Man, I love it when the last episode is the best. Shaft really knows how to end their Slice of Life anime, I saw this at Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko before. Still a shame that there isn't more.
8/10
Aug 23, 2021 1:40 AM

Nov 2019
I enjoyed this anime a lot and I laughed a lot. Last episode is really great. Thanks Shaft.
Dec 2, 2021 3:04 PM

Aug 2015
underrated af! holy shit!
Jan 17, 2022 7:02 AM

Mar 2014
Idk if it was cos of the godawful VA or if she really was just an awful character but I was kinda hoping the MC would stay up there.
Apr 24, 2022 5:02 AM
Mar 2021
The best Adaptation of one of the Manga's best chapters I could have asked for ngl.

I loved the Manga, and while the Adaptation was too horny at times (more than the Manga), it was really good.
Sep 13, 2022 2:02 AM
Jan 2021
MC dies in a slice of life anime from a heart attack, buck wild
Dec 29, 2022 10:53 PM

Jun 2020
Yeah that. I watch this anime because I saw a clip of this episode somewhere, and I feel it touches me more after I understand the context.
Barely see people talk about this anime so I interested, though this is not type of anime I enjoy usually but well its pretty good overall.
Dec 26, 2023 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
It was a nice silly anime, and it was different, especially with SHAFT doing its thing.

I did want to see more possible romantic-comedy interactions between Sanada and the glasses girl.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

60 by IbnAurum »»
Apr 7, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2010

151 by wildhood »»
Mar 8, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

48 by xspookydarknessx »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:31 PM

» Live-action version of the ED

rlxme - Nov 1, 2010

9 by burbels »»
Oct 14, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 21, 2010

65 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.