Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 21, 2015 9:00 AM

May 2012
A slower but quite enjoyable episode and also a decent new OP but damn that ED was great!
Jun 21, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2012
Avenger-senpai said:
Hakuromatsu said:

When they were rounding that corner all I could think was, "Are you kidding me?"

I was thinking "THEY BETTER CROSS THAT DAM STREET SAFELY." Would've raged if him or his wife got hit by a car or something....

Haha yea I had the exact same feeling at that moment! It was a moment where you really could say: I've got a bad feeling about this!
Jul 22, 2015 3:57 AM

Dec 2013
Prefer the old op. hopefully the new opening will grow on me. The rest did pretty quickly.

Great episode. Really enjoyed the flashbacks and the foreshadowing to Reuental's character was very interesting.
Aug 26, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2012
liked the ED, confirmed that julian x karin lol
the OP was a bit eh, i liked the sequence, but the music wasnt too great, you know, the engrish, lol well im curious where this is gonna go, reuental is worrying me lol
Nov 17, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2012
I agree this 4th opening is my least favorite by far. The engrish is too cringeworthy, which is strange considering how smooth and well done the singing was in the previous 3 openings. I actually like the 2nd opening the best, the song is great and the animations are epic besides annerose being randomly sewing in the middle lol. I'd rank the openings (1) OP 2 (2) Op 3 (3) OP 1 (4) OP 4 .

This episode really setting up Reuental to be a major player in this last season of the anime it seems. Interesting that that it seem like the leader of the earth cult is on Hienessen now.

And all of these instances of the Kaiser getting sick seem to be happening with more frequency, hmm
Nov 17, 2015 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
WanShan said:
Let's say it one more time: the opening sucks. I like the animation, but I can't get over the singing even if I try. Ending was okay, but nothing special.

I liked this episode though. It's nice to see some flashbacks. Mittermeyer really owned Flegel. Luckily that prick has already died.

I was really afraid, when Mittermeyer said they were walking home. I was waiting for assassins, but luckily nothing happened. Narrator makes me too nervous...

hell yeah I forgot to mention that. There was a really creepy and ominous atmopshere when mittenmeyer was walking back home with his wife I'm actually suprised nothing happened. Especially since the episode began with flashback of hiim being rescued but nothing happened thankfully. MM is a character that does not deserve to die..
Jan 29, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
I had a very bad feeling when Mittermeyer and his wife approached their new home. I hope it was just my imagination, I don't think I can handle another big death right now.

I can't help but like Truniht now. He's just the biggest troll in this entire show and how he shamelessly survives is flabbergasting.
May 13, 2016 4:20 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not a fan of the new opening and ending.

^And yeah, I felt like someone would start shooting at them or something haha, it was kind of spooky xD
Jun 22, 2016 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit, that OP is beyond garbage...Definitely will be skipping that one for the rest of the episodes.
That naked Hildegarde though :p
The new ED is nice, much better than the previous one (music wise, not visually)

The potential betrayal of Reuenthal is probably the most stretched out plot point I haver ever encountered in any anime.
It makes for good suspense though, so I'm not that mad haha.
Jul 12, 2016 12:05 PM

May 2016
The 4th OP is actually good once you get used to it (not just the animation, but the song as well). I guess it's because I've been around Engrish for so many years that I actually think the singer's English pronunciation in this song is pretty good. I've heard a lot worse. Either way, let it grow on you and you might actually find that you like it...

Maybe.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Jul 13, 2016 5:04 AM

Jun 2016
The new OP isn't even a tenth as good as the last one. But the new ED's visuals made me tear up a little.
Jul 14, 2016 8:29 PM

May 2016
The OP
Arachnophobic said:
The new OP isn't even a tenth as good as the last one. But the new ED's visuals made me tear up a little.

The OP grows on you tbh
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Nov 9, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
The best OP was the first one, and the best ED was the 1st one following by the 3rd.
All others are just fine.

Great Episode.
Jan 16, 2017 1:50 AM

Apr 2016
The animation gets a bit better imo, but I don't really like the new OP (the melody in first 10 seconds is great nonetheless). Still, the OP's animation is just something, it somewhat sums up Reinhard's journey since the beginning of the show, the ED is dedicated to the Alliance side as usual.

The scene where Mittermeyer and his wife walking back home was very intense regardless of how quiet it appeared, like many people, I was very afraid of his getting assassinated, which fortunately didn't happen.

The conversation in this episode somehow feels very "rich", even the small talk between Reinhard and Mittermeyer's couple is relaxing and doesn't feel forced. Reinhard just simply wants to maintain his bond with his trusted subordinates, and the method is not too complicated or excessive, sit down and have some talk then we're back the old days, which is really cool.

Really like it when they add more flashback to the "fantastic four" in Empire side, sadly one of them is gone, and another one is on the verge of breaking down.

Reuenthal continued to impress me more in this episode, how he handled the "chore" in the Neue-land and perhaps his analysis on the reason why Reinhard appointed Truhnit as his servant. This reinforces the fact the narrator stated near the end, which claimed Reuenthal to be the 2nd most powerful being in the universe right at this time. Though Reuenthal's true "ambition" is gone for now, who knows if he might awake himself and cause great "storm" to this "peaceful" era in the near future, just as the title of this episode itself.
CzeroCOct 27, 2017 5:28 AM
Jul 4, 2017 10:57 AM
Sep 2016
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but seriously, fuck this new op. God, it's terrible. And the first 3 ops were the classiest I've ever heard too, the first being my personal favorite. They just couldn't stick the landing. Hopefully this has no bearing on the quality of the season itself.
TrevRockOneJul 4, 2017 11:01 AM
Dec 16, 2017 12:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I thought that in the last seconds of the episode Mittenmeyer was going to be killed or something, but he arrived well to home!!!
Dec 16, 2017 12:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In this episode we can enjoy a new opening and ending!!!
Feb 11, 2018 9:06 PM
Dec 2014
The new OP and ED songs are bad but I don't care that much about them.
The flashbacks on this episode was amazing.
Feb 25, 2018 5:24 AM

May 2016
I definitely thought that Mitermayer gonna be killed with those weird angles they shown him and his wife.
May 18, 2018 3:25 PM
Apr 2018
The scene with Mittermeyer at the end was so scary. Thought he was dying for sure.

Funny how it was raining at Phezzan and the Neur-Land at the same time. Also interesting that they haven't dealt with the issues of different seasons, days and years amongst the planets. They all seem to be on the Earth calendar and celebrate New Years at the same time which is odd...

The last shotof Reuental was really ominous..

The new OP isn't great, but they've all been pretty bad and at least this one features the whole Empire cast of high admiral and not just Reinhard and Wang.

Power rankings are still the same so I'll ignore them.

MVP... Mittermeyer. Thankfully he's still alive for a while longer.
Nov 5, 2018 11:00 AM
Apr 2018
Ominous episode.

I was expecting a terraist or someone to appear and kill Mittermeyer when he was walking along his wife.

OP kinda ok, ED meh. I never really liked any ed so...
Nov 11, 2018 6:06 AM

Feb 2017
The new OP is jokes.
Jun 2, 2019 6:56 AM

Jan 2013
I don't get the hate on the 4th OP. It's good
Nov 24, 2019 5:58 AM

Oct 2012
I will miss the previous OP, the vocal is so powerful
This one is still good, but compared to the previous.. it's just different :(

Mittermeyer is happy, I won't ask for more xD

Again with Truniht I'm sick seeing him over and over, I hope he'll get a horrible death soon

I wonder what will happen if Kircheis is still alive, maybe Reinhard isn't miserable looking like he is now

I love the ED, it's like he's receiving "seeds" from everyone and then sow them to the entire galaxy
Compared to the lonely feeling of the OP, ED feels like everyone are there for Julian
"Signature removed"
Jan 3, 2020 4:05 PM

Nov 2016
God, Flegel was such a loser.

But nice episode, enjoyed that slice of life portion and Reuenthal is going to make a move at any time now.

And Reinhard is awfully often sick...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 24, 2020 10:32 AM

Sep 2019
That Engrish in the OP though
Aug 20, 2020 5:31 PM
Feb 2019
Mittermeyer doesn't see wife for over a year.

Mittermeyer: "I missed your cooking."

*Facepalm*
Dec 26, 2020 10:38 PM
Jun 2017
The fourth and last season. What will happen now? A bloodbath for sure.

My God, what a weird opening. This is clearly the worse of them all. In terms of quality, the order is no doubt 3 >>> 2-1 >>>>>> 4.
The ending was alright, though I raised death flags for virtually everyone in it, except for Julian and Katerose. Also, Julianrose's ship has officially sailed. Anyway, it was worth of mention that Hilda was highlighted in the Op. Kaiserin Hildegard von Lohengramm confirmed? Oberstein was also depicted in a special manner. It's safe to assure he will only gain more and more protagonism from now on, giving that the government of technocrats is coming.

Flegel returned, damn. I hated that bastard, and one of the most satisfying moments of the series was when even the radio operators shot him. Fuck, I hate Flegel.

Giving the friendship between them four, I'm confident enough to say that Kircheis would have occupied the office that either Reuental or Oberstein are holding, with the former being out of the triumvirate.

I hope Truniht dies as soon as possible, causing the least possible damage to anyone.

I must say I was terrified about the fate of Mrs. Mittermeyer when she was walking down the street. Knowing that terrorism will be a constant in this episode, I wouldn't have been surprised at all if she was struck by a lone shooter. Those angles only increased my tension.

I don't like Reuental, and I don't understand why is he one of the most liked characters of this series in this website. As Oberstein knows, nothing good can come out of his accumulation of power. Reuental Revolt surely incoming. Also, I thought that Oberstein didn't have any effective control over the military fleet, or that Mittermeyer would anyway have some preeminence over him, being that he is the Supreme Commander of the fleet. Anyway, as I said, I hope he gains more protagonism in this season, which points to be the most political of them all.
Mar 27, 2021 11:35 PM
May 2016
Why the fuck is Hilda naked?! Maybe it's foreshadowing.
Aug 5, 2021 5:09 PM

Jun 2020
BRUH DIS NATIONAL ANTHEM 😭😭
Dec 21, 2021 5:37 AM

Jul 2016
Ranxomare said:
I thought that in the last seconds of the episode Mittenmeyer was going to be killed or something, but he arrived well to home!!!

I had the same thought... Was like... No no no no not Mittenmeyer too.
Mar 11, 2022 1:07 PM

Dec 2021
welp , we know by the ED who Julian ends up with!

Season 4 animation is already heads and shoulders over the rest ..

P.S. .. if this anime was Berserk , the Mittemeyer prison sscene woulda gone completely different !
Jun 21, 2022 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
that flashback was little too dragged doesn't it? it didn't contribute much to the story to see that giant proudly saying he's best at interrogating.

i wonder if reuntal really have betrayal thoughts, or is this just the narrator wants to make things interesting lol.
hoping reuntal will find soon enough a good reason to hang trunhit. he does have too much souls.

myrtmyer and his wife walk. lol that was weird and intense at the same time, but ended the most funniest part in this episode. you would like think he would be killed just like yang, or rather be killed by some random car. nop. when the camera revealed the corner, and assassin or some bomb. nop. in the end -a storm came. maybe a thunderbolt will hit myrtymyer and he will be paralysed or something? nop. they are getting to the house, and that's how it ended. so for WTH all the tense was for? xD

the opening just reminds me how i hated the 2nd opening and kept skipping it. maybe that's what will happen with this one as well?
i wonder if how reinhard had enjoyed the myrtmyer and his wife talk is related for naked marindof on the opening.

the ending was decent. but for some reason i'm missing the 3rd ending and it's sad tone. lol
Jun 21, 2022 5:13 PM

Dec 2007
that flashback was little too dragged doesn't it? it didn't contribute much to the story to see that giant proudly saying he's best at interrogating.

i wonder if reuntal really have betrayal thoughts, or is this just the narrator wants to make things interesting lol.
hoping reuntal will find soon enough a good reason to hang trunhit. he does have too much souls.

myrtmyer and his wife walk. lol that was weird and intense at the same time, but ended the most funniest part in this episode. you would like think he would be killed just like yang, or rather be killed by some random car. nop. when the camera revealed the corner, and assassin or some bomb. nop. in the end -a storm came. maybe a thunderbolt will hit myrtymyer and he will be paralysed or something? nop. they are getting to the house, and that's how it ended. so for WTH all the tense was for? xD

the opening just reminds me how i hated the 2nd opening and kept skipping it. maybe that's what will happen with this one as well?
i wonder if how reinhard had enjoyed the myrtmyer and his wife talk is related for naked marindof on the opening.

the ending was decent. but for some reason i'm missing the 3rd ending and it's sad tone. lol
Jul 28, 2022 7:54 PM
Jun 2022
And we’re off to a good start! May take some time to get used to the new opening, especially with that “engrish” sound… I only felt in love at first hearing with the 3rd OP, so I’m sure this one will grow up on me. Also, improved animation! This time it looks even more cinematic. NICE!

Surprised to see it all began with the four young admirals. They’ve climbed their way up quite a bit since then, heh? Great stuff.

JOB TRUNIHT IS BACK BABY! You gotta love how he even outlived his own nation. There’s no dull time when he’s on our screen. Despicable and compelling as always.

Last but not least: what a gut-punch of an ED. So depressing and beautiful. Fantastic.
Jul 29, 2022 9:39 PM

Aug 2017
here's an unpopular opinion, this 4° is my favorite opening of ALL anime
Dec 14, 2022 1:10 PM

May 2018
Not sure about the OP... I know they're real timed performances with no autotune but at the very least please sing with the rhythm... other than that Reinhard looking handsome as usual, and Reuental probably going to start something crazy
Feb 19, 2023 10:13 AM

Aug 2018
Really interesting episode,  Reunthal at this pont is just waiting for a perfect moment to dispose of Trunhit, hope to see it soon.

That Mittermeyer walking his wife home scene was so intense, I was almost certain that theres gonna be an assasination attempt on him. To leave urself for such an opening after all those recent terorrism attacks is just insane for me.
Aug 2, 2023 1:56 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.