Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2010 3:09 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Father Joestar jumping the line of death for Jojo? Now that's a twist! Though, Dio using the mask himself was pretty obvious...
Dec 12, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2009
Thought Jojo's dad jumping in the way was extremely obvious. The story has been very badly told so far, i have to say.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 28, 2012 6:12 AM

Feb 2008
JoJo was too soft. Hope his father's death makes him into a man.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 1, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
They should have killed Dio right away. Now I guess everyone is f*cked
Amuro_CharApr 25, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 9, 2013 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
Jojo's father die and then 'Dio' turns into a vampire. Jojo is really screwed.
Sep 6, 2014 10:59 PM

Apr 2012
If Dio becomes a vampire, won't he have to avoid direct sunlight for the rest of the series? That's a huge disadvantage if you ask me.
Apr 10, 2016 12:52 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Dio decided to be a vampire! R.I.P Joestar Sr.

4/5
Apr 24, 2016 10:46 AM
Oct 2011
Amuro_Char said:
They should have killed Jojo right away. Now I guess everyone is f*cked
I think you mean they should have killed Dio right away.
Apr 25, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
animalia said:
Amuro_Char said:
They should have killed Jojo right away. Now I guess everyone is f*cked
I think you mean they should have killed Dio right away.

Yep. Thanks, I corrected it
May 6, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
They done fucked up big time.

Loved seeing Speedwagon shit talking to Dio lol.
Dec 18, 2017 5:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Dio is a great actor!!! kekeke
Feb 4, 2018 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
Deliriant said:
If Dio becomes a vampire, won't he have to avoid direct sunlight for the rest of the series? That's a huge disadvantage if you ask me.

He traded his "daywalking ability" for freedom and the advantages he discovered during the "experiment", a good way to show how desperate he thought the situation was. (I think)
I admit I was a bit disappointed when I read it for the first time. I wasn't seeing him in torubles forcing him to go that far.

5/5 Nice cliffhanger end for the Jojonium 1
Apr 29, 2018 2:41 AM

Feb 2017
It really was Dio's only option by then. He would have been surrounded and overpowered by the policemen if he was on his own. Dio is pure ambition, so to give up a major sacrifice for a chance to continue on his path to rule makes sense.
May 9, 2018 6:51 AM

Dec 2015
Too late boys, he already got the mask on.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2018 9:57 AM

May 2016
Dio was cornered from all sides, with Speedwagon countering Jonathan's naivity so he won't be too careless as to create an opening for him to exploit but at the very end, all of those measures were in vain the moment Jonathan reached to handcuff his adopted brother. George even made the ultimate sacrifice and got stabbed in the back by the very person he regarded as a son.

They could've shot him down before he even put the mask on his face but Jonathan's built like a truck and most likely blocked their view until it was too late. Dio has ascended from humanity and things will only get worse from here.

Dec 2, 2018 3:54 AM

Feb 2013
Rejecting human weakness is not a bad thing, go go Dio!
May 26, 2019 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
God damn Speedwagon's ballerina kick was magnificent.

So now that we're exactly 1/4 through the series Dio has finally turned! I can't wait to see the upcoming chapters as they release on the Manga Plus app :3
Aug 30, 2019 11:36 PM

Jun 2016
So far to my knowledge, this has been a story about how we are nurtured into the people that we are. However, Speedwagon has interestingly made a very strong point for nature versus nurture. He may not be perfect, he did attack Jonathan, yet it was on some notion of Jonathan not being a good person. It may have suggested that unlike Jonathan, Speedwagon does not have any empathy for his enemies if he does not think that they are good people. But the important thing is that Speedwagon has shown that he was another man who has grown up in the slums, around villains his whole life, yet he is still someone who can be a strong and good person. The second he saw what a gentleman Jonathan was and how he held back on him and his friends, he decided to go with him, he worried about him, and he's trying his best to protect him from Dio. Speedwagon just single-handedly made a case for something distinctly being different within Speedwagon and Dio that was probably not the circumstances in which they were raised. That was some cool stuff!!

Outside of that, this chapter was cinematic! I particularly loved the page where Dio entered the darkened mansion scared, and Jonathan lit a match! He's been pushed into a corner, and Jonathan's first instinct was right, he came here to fight. He had quickly decided, as everybody could have guessed, to transcend humanity, as we have seen him fail so many times already. There's something poetic in the fact that Dio is becoming something that he himself thinks is superior to every human as superiority is the thing that wants so bad. Yet with this manga not being called “Dio’s bizarre adventures”, it is likely that Jonathan, a human, will still take him down. That should be beautiful, Dio already can't take losing to somebody like Jonathan and not being superior to him as a human, I can't imagine how he would feel if he lost to him as a vampire!! Still as some have said, and even I had last thread, for Dio to go right into this instead of running and experimenting with the mask more shows how desperate the situation is, and more than that I think it shows that running away from Jonathan is one of the hardest things for him to do. It would be a form of him accepting his inferiority, so the logical conclusion is to give up his ability to be in sunlight and take Jonathan down!

This chapter also had some pretty heartfelt moments. I was particularly moved when Jonathan told Dio that even if he doesn't consider them friends that it still pains him to have to send somebody raised as his brother to jail. It shows that somewhere in Jonathan he still cares about Dio, there's some sense in which he thinks of Dio as a brother despite all he's done to him. I wonder if he will still feel that now that Dio has killed his father and Danny, the more Dio does the harder it should be, but perhaps Jonathan strongest strength will be his empathy. It already paid off as it spoke to Speedwagon and got Jonathan here ready to take Dio down way earlier than expected. It's gained him an ally who admires him! The other moment that I liked a lot was their father’s similar response to Dio. The fact that he heard Dio confess, and still, as he knows how cruel Dio is, he still thinks of him as a son and he cannot stay there to see him get taken away. It's a shame that Jonathan's empathy and honour was already taken advantage of here which led to his father's death, but that's just who Jonathan is! Seeing that it paid off with Speedwagon I suppose it’s only fair.

P.S. I hope Speedwagon’s ability to read people stays relevant, and I bet Dio’s “great luck” will come up numerous times as we continue. It’s super interesting that the fortune teller described his birthmark and his face as having great luck though, “he was born with great luck”. He certainly wasn’t born with great luck in a material sense, he had a drunken dad who would hit him and drove his wife to her death while they were in poverty. Perhaps the luck is in the fact that he can always get by no matter what situation he’s put in.. I’m curious!
Nov 23, 2019 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
Speedwagon shined here, also what was up with those curtains lmao. Dio transcended his humanity!
Jan 25, 2021 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
lol
Just noticed that I have commented on every chapter discussion so far when I read the first time. It's funny reading what I wrote 7 years before.

Dio use the mask on himself. He was dangerous before, now as a vampire he will be a great threat.
Dec 17, 2022 4:16 PM
Jul 2021
amazing,every chapter of these masterpiece is legendary
Jan 1, 2023 11:51 PM
Oct 2022
It has been a while since I have read action manga and I think reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was a great choice. I have seen it as a meme here and there, but I could not understand what they meant. I still don't understand but this manga is pretty good. I don't really understand why Dio is against the Joestars and how he can commit any crime possible and get away with it.
Feb 11, 2023 8:51 PM
Sep 2019
I WILL SURPASS HUMANITY!!
-Dio 1887 or something
May 4, 2023 3:22 PM
Dec 2021
best chapter so far, I like Dio's manipulative side
Nov 8, 2023 3:12 PM

Apr 2020
Rip, dad.

He's gonna be a vampire with great luck, damn

More topics from this board

» Debunking Araki Forgot by Hamon Beat

animalia - Apr 11

0 by animalia »»
Apr 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 1 Discussion

accela - Sep 1, 2009

33 by Yassinecss »»
Mar 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 7 Discussion

Alipio - Dec 19, 2010

20 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:38 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

31 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 4 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 23, 2009

26 by Mcdoclin »»
Feb 2, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.