Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2008 8:05 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally the situation with Lennenkanpt comes to a head. This could be the chance for Reinhard to continue his conquest of the Alliance in earnest.

The Prime Minister looks to be on his last legs. Even the people around him see the signs of him not lasting long. This could prove problematic for the Alliance government and Yang especially depending on who takes his place.

It's good to see Yang still holds true to his convictions, even under constant pressure from Schenkopp. He'll have to eventually move but it looks like it won't happen until the Empire makes their first move.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 10, 2009 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
The whole conversation about Schenkopps daughter was amusing. And, as usual, Mittermeyer and Reuental are really interesting. It's amazing, in retrospect, how important the two of them have been.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2009 2:47 AM

Jul 2008
I LOVED the conversation about Schenkopps daughter..one of the best parts in this episode xD
Jan 14, 2010 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
Lebello doesn't seem to be holding up too well ever since the kidnapping. Yang left it up to him to cover things up and none of that is proving effective.

The one thing I've always enjoyed about this show is how it's able to give time for its more important characters to breathe before fighting the big fights. This time, we have Yang deciding a name for his group, deciding to settle on "The Irregulars" and Cazellnu ready to plant a palm on his face. Not only that, there's the interesting fact Attenborough mentioned about Katerose and Schenkopp being here on the same base. Yang pondering the thought of Phyllis and Katerose duking it out over Julian was amusing.

There's also talk of marriage... not limited to Reinhard, but to Reuenthal, who still refuses, claiming he hasn't the right to do so. What's strange is that woman who came to his house earlier is still with him, for the worst of reasons; wanting to see his downfall.
Jun 17, 2010 11:55 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was quite foreshadowing in many aspects.
For some reason my favorite part of the episode was Trung Yu Chin(?) talking with Lebello. Trung is definitely my favorite minor character in the series. He always says the right thing at the right time without mincing his words.
Looking very much forward to how things will develop.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 19, 2010 1:37 PM

Jan 2010
what a great episode ^^

so that's schoenkopp's daughter?heh i wonder how could Yang,Attenborough and Frederika match her already with Julian...wtf psychics xP(yeah that scene was rather cliche)

but as i said i loved the episode:)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 26, 2010 12:15 PM

May 2010
Only the scenes with Yang speaking of the Kaiser and the Kaiser's appearance is win in this episode
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 16, 2011 8:19 AM

Feb 2010
And here I was wondering when the pacing of the story will pick up. Finally !
Aug 23, 2011 8:58 PM
Jun 2011
Anyone else think Reuenthal's relationship with that girl is kinda creepy? Only because she's laying there holding him with this killer gaze...I do actually think it'll turn out good for the both of them. Reinhard's hair is better in his uniform...I just couldn't take it with his pjs in bed.
Jan 18, 2012 11:42 PM

Sep 2009
Grisle said:
Anyone else think Reuenthal's relationship with that girl is kinda creepy? Only because she's laying there holding him with this killer gaze...I do actually think it'll turn out good for the both of them. Reinhard's hair is better in his uniform...I just couldn't take it with his pjs in bed.

He likes his women dangerous.
Good man.
Feb 10, 2012 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
Oh snap Reinhard finally got the news of Lennenkanpt's death. I hope he doesn't go to war but it is most likely that he will.

FFFFFFFU

Why can't Yang live out a happy retired life with his beautiful wife? I hate that he keeps getting forced to fight.
Jun 16, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2009
Homolust said:

Why can't Yang live out a happy retired life with his beautiful wife? I hate that he keeps getting forced to fight.

Because, like it or not, War is precisely what Yang was born for. Or at least his life was shaped after El Facil in a way that it's all he could do. I still can't help but find it interesting how he doesn't like war but continually has to fight and is probably the best at it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2012 5:37 AM
Mar 2012
what's funny is that yang & co are instigators, there already was a way better justice than the previous one so what's the problem? he's smart he knows that humans can't create a perfect justice yet he's planning to fight again and have people killed for nothing, and the rumors thing, how he kept denying it and criticizing lebello when he was actually guilty, he was planning on attacking after 6 years and you want to tell me he wanted a peaceful life? what an arrogant hypocrite. It's also hilarious seeing him play the righteous man but avoiding leading the planet, he's nothing but a wimp
Jul 3, 2013 10:06 PM
Feb 2011
^^ That's a complete mischaracterization of Yang. He made contingencies in case problems arose later on (also to prevent the death of Merkatz) but he would have been perfectly satisfied had nothing happened.

Oberstein is responsible for this, purposely suggesting the wrong man to create unrest, wanting to then wipe out the Alliance remnants. Yang made plans should he need them to defend against the empire. But that was a 'just in case' scenario.

And you know what, it's a pretty damn good thing he did because even if the rumors were true, they didn't care one iota that it might not be and planned to assassinate him based on nothing more than a rumor. Imagine if he hadn't and they would have done the same thing with a false rumor. The army would be completely disbanded and he'd have no recourse left.
Aug 3, 2013 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
Gotto love Poplan, extremely fun guy!

This is it, the truth report's in. Reinhard's decision will determine everything.
Aug 3, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2013
Ncrdrg said:
^^ That's a complete mischaracterization of Yang. He made contingencies in case problems arose later on (also to prevent the death of Merkatz) but he would have been perfectly satisfied had nothing happened.

Oberstein is responsible for this, purposely suggesting the wrong man to create unrest, wanting to then wipe out the Alliance remnants. Yang made plans should he need them to defend against the empire. But that was a 'just in case' scenario.

And you know what, it's a pretty damn good thing he did because even if the rumors were true, they didn't care one iota that it might not be and planned to assassinate him based on nothing more than a rumor. Imagine if he hadn't and they would have done the same thing with a false rumor. The army would be completely disbanded and he'd have no recourse left.
Beautifully said, Yang's plans were for back-up, and like Ncrdrg said, good thing he did.
Sep 22, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
The people of the Empire look happy, meanwhile the people on Heinessen don't. Ironic. Anyways, can't wait to see Reinhard's bad ass new base when it is completed.
Aug 8, 2014 3:54 AM

Nov 2013
I feel really sorry for Lebello, one of the few politicians in the alliance who I actually like.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 11, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
Vexper said:
I feel really sorry for Lebello, one of the few politicians in the alliance who I actually like.

Poor fella got screwed over pretty badly.
Mar 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
Some more plot development in this episode. So it turns out that that girl was that guy's son. Interesting.
Jun 1, 2015 1:33 AM
Nov 2014
Interesting episode, not much happened until Reinhard learns the truth at the end. Let's see what his decision would be...
Jun 15, 2015 5:17 PM

May 2012
Another very interesting episode! Let's see what happens next though!
Jul 10, 2015 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
The conversation about Schenkopp's daughter was funny. Ending was interesting. Really wnt to know what's Reinhard going to do.
Oct 13, 2015 4:09 PM

Feb 2014
The Prime Minister looks exhausted
Jun 19, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like Reuenthal has never heard of the phrase "don't stick your dick in crazy. He better sleep with one eye open from now on.

I feel like Trung doesn't get enough love, one of the few Alliance members left with a good head on their shoulder.
Jul 7, 2016 12:33 AM

Jun 2016
I love this show so much. It's keeping me on my toes even though it's peace-time and there's very little going on other than political machinations and Reinhard's hair growing by insane amounts.
Oct 16, 2016 7:59 PM

Mar 2016
Lol those rumors at the beginning though

Gotta feel bad for Rebelo though

Also Reuenthal has the weirdest taste in women
Aure0linOct 16, 2016 8:04 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 3, 2016 6:19 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like things will get intense soon, lets hope for a well battle and not dumb shit.
Oct 5, 2017 12:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i supose that Reinhard will send his army against Yang!!! But first he hast to find Yang!!! kekeke
Nov 28, 2017 5:41 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sad said:

Same, he has good intentions for upholding the spirit of democracy, but it's been rough. I sympathize with him when he complained that so many people left their posts and pushed responsibilities to him, who wouldn't be stressed in his position.

Also disliking Schenkopp more and more. He keeps pressuring Yang when Yang has already said many times that he does not want to be a leader. Let the man do what he wants with his life.
May 13, 2018 2:49 PM
Apr 2018
Ncrdrg said:

Not really. It all started when Meerkatz stole all of those ships under Yang's instruction. He was planning to revolt eventually. Oberstein would have made sure it happened regardless. But Yang had a chance of peace and he gave it up.

Reuenthal taking that girl with him is not a good idea. She is Margaret of Anjou and will inspire him to revolt.

No Reinhard knows Lennenkampt is dead. It's about to go down.

Trung is awesome. Along with Rui Huang he is my favourite Alliance guy outside of Yang's fleet. Rui Huang is one letter off my girlfriend's name too so that makes us laugh.

Poor Lebello is going to have a breakdown.
JohnWooMay 13, 2018 6:07 PM
Oct 14, 2018 7:01 AM
Apr 2018
And Reinhard summoned his three highest admirals... the Ragnarok is about to start.
Nov 7, 2018 12:57 AM

Feb 2017
Best line of the episode, spoken by Yang: "If the knife comes when I have presents in both hands, there's no way to evade it."
Nov 15, 2019 10:24 PM

Oct 2012
Huh so she's actually Schenkopp's daughter
Their faces kinda looks identical

Seems like the cat is out of the bag
We can only hope it's peace, because Reinhard understand it's just a misunderstanding and Yang is being framed
"Signature removed"
Dec 30, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2016
Julian and Katherose are already gettin shipped xD and Reuenthal let that girl stay with him o_o

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2020 10:25 AM
Feb 2018
Labello looks soo bad. This is causing him too much stress. This isnt going to end well for him. Julian has 2 possible partners now. And oh my god the end of the episode with the narrator dialogue went fast. He just started spitting events, I loved it.
Dec 11, 2020 10:22 PM
Jun 2017
I seriously doubt Lebello will be alive at the end of this story. It's very likely he'll suffer a heart attack, a stroke, or something related.

On a side note, did any of you notice the subtle look Frederica was giving Yang when he asked about Katerose's appearance? My, my, that's why I love this series so much, it feels so alive.

Anyway, I don't see the peace being maintained, even if Yang isn't the commander of the Alliance's fleets (do they even have any fleets remaining?). Yang's actions were too careless, and will surely bring down the Alliance with him. I actually expect him to die for his foolishness.

I also expect the war to break out again thanks to Oberstein. He is the most eager to unifiy the universe, even more than Reinhard. A true patriot if I've ever seen one.

And on a final note, man, Reuental's relationship is more toxic than Venus' atmosphere, Goddamn.
PaulotronatorDec 11, 2020 10:25 PM
Aug 17, 2021 4:05 AM

Jul 2016
Lovo said:
I LOVED the conversation about Schenkopps daughter..one of the best parts in this episode xD

That plus Pop hitting up all the imperial women.
Jun 2, 2022 6:50 PM

Dec 2007
the scene at the beginning with the people screaming on the high council building just screamed the metaphor out loud "the gonernmant created for the people betrayed the people who supporting it.
lebbel should just quit before he will be written on reinhard's death note lol.

attenborough had revealed shenckopp daughter and the whole conversation about julian "bride" felt that yang surely enjoys his time. just showing how much yang feeling he was forced to do all this rebellion.

reunthal and that woman, i wonder how's that's gonna end lol.

now it's truly the war in the hands of reinhard.
i think the choice gonna be kinda expected, but i will let LOTGH makes me surpriss.
Jan 19, 2023 4:50 AM

Aug 2018
Big development episode, it seems that situation in the Yang's side is getting more intense,

Prime minister is literaly out of shape and probably gonna fall soon
Mar 4, 2023 3:16 AM

Jul 2017
i felt sorry for Rebelo in this episode, he was one of the few politicians i liked
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Mar 16, 2023 3:13 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.