Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 12, 2015 4:07 PM

May 2012
Very interesting development and with that cliffhanger! Really looking forward to see what will happen next!
Jul 3, 2015 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Felt bad for poor Poplan.

Wow Yang actually almost beat Reinhard. Shouldn't be that surprised. Yang has always been a superior strategist imo
Oct 8, 2015 8:04 AM

Feb 2014
Muller is a hero coming to aid at last second
Apr 9, 2016 4:56 AM

Jan 2014
It was kind of funny when Reinhard was face to face with a battleship. Müller was really good. The MVP of this episode.
Also, RIP Konev. Him and Poplin made a great duo, who brought some comedic relief with each episode they appeared in.
Jun 15, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
R.I.P Konev.
I kinda wish Poplan was the one to go instead of you

I swear Muller as the tenacity of a cockroach, this guy just won't die xD
Jul 4, 2016 3:48 AM

Jun 2016
This intensity, it's not good for my heart.
Oct 23, 2016 8:42 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode but Yang's inability to see Lohengram's simple plan seemed out of character. It's not like he was being clouded by something core to people like emotions. Even his steward figured out Lohengramms plan.

I think the writing took a dip in Yang's character just to make his steward look smart.

He did do the obvious counterplan to Lohengramm's tactic which is to use deception by faking a retreat and playing with Lohengramm's pride (something Yang decided to do before this episode), resulting in spreading out of his forces. So at least Yang wasn't out of character during the whole episode.
CyberNTOct 23, 2016 9:18 PM
Oct 29, 2016 6:18 PM

Aug 2014
First bad episode imo, Yang strategy seems more like an asspull.
Why any character who faces Yang is rewritten to become a complete idiot? That's Bad or Plot armor?
Also those fighters are laughing and fighting a deadly battle? gimme a break!!

@Lockensocke
I have read many criticism from you towards the show and i can agree with some, some points you made are fair enough and on point, especially on Yang the way you said he is not natural and too cold without emotions, that makes him nonhuman unlike Reinhard who is a far better character imo.

But most LOTGH fans are very delusional and get very angry if you disagree with them, they are the definition of a mindless sheep.

While i think i would rate it a 9 or a 10 and possibly top 5 favorite i acknowledge just as i acknowledge with code geass that this show is also flawed in some points.
Nov 26, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
Why would they break through and join someone that is surrounded?
Apr 11, 2017 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yang brokes the Reinhard strategy, but in the last time appeasr Muller to saves the blonde boy!!! :/
In the battle, there are elements unpredictable, and Muller was one of this elements....a pity!! :/
Jan 25, 2018 6:04 PM
Dec 2014
Damn that was so intense Konev death and Lohengramm saved in the last second.
Feb 8, 2018 11:08 PM

May 2016
That was magnificent, Yang proved to be much more better than Reinhard von Lohengram.
Apr 29, 2018 3:43 PM
Apr 2018
I just signed up so I can discuss this incredible show. The last three episodes especially have been amazing!

I have to say though I hate Reinhard. He may have started out with noble intentions but right now why is he fighting? It's pure greed right now. All of these people dead because he wants to rule the universe. If the FPA win he will go down in history as one of the biggest monsters of all time. His noble intentions died along with his best friend. I was excited when it looked like he would meet his maker, but Muller came to his rescue sadly.

I much prefer Reuenthal to him. I marked out a little at his "What if we don't come back?" line a while ago. I think he's too smart to not show up for the rescue just yet, but he will make his move sometime. At least he admits to himself he just wants to rule for ruling sake rather than pretending he is doing all this to honour his dead friend.

Muller however is amazing. I love the guy and am so glad he stayed alive. Like Mittenmeyer though he is a good man fighting for the wrong side.

Sadly Ivan wasn't so lucky. :( It seemed like either him or Oliver were doomed when he had the "Funeral" crossword puzzle, but I thought Ivan might live long enough to meet his cousin Borris. I guess not :(

Also I too am getting a bad feeling about Yang... Getting engaged and having Julian set to be his replacement.... The warning signs are there...
Apr 29, 2018 9:36 PM

Mar 2017
JohnWoo said:
I have to say though I hate Reinhard. He may have started out with noble intentions but right now why is he fighting? It's pure greed right now. All of these people dead because he wants to rule the universe. If the FPA win he will go down in history as one of the biggest monsters of all time. His noble intentions died along with his best friend. I was excited when it looked like he would meet his maker, but Muller came to his rescue sadly.

Take a look at the FPA and you'll see it's not that MUCH better than the Empire. Reinhard is doing all these conquerings just so he can unify the universe, or to be more precise, put it back to its original state before Rudolf's reign. Apart from that, this is a warring era, men like Reuenthal and Reinhard tend to strive for the hardest, biggest, and baddest, sort of like reaching for the star, hence the title containing "galactic".

These men enjoy war not for the sake of slaughtering the weak or for their thirst of wealth, they enjoy it because it's a way to showcase who's the best. The battlefield a fitting arena to decide who's worthy to fight or sort of.

They consider cheap moves like scheming, stealing, or raping as nothing more than a disgrace to man as a whole, but when it comes to war and conquering, this is how real men are born. This where they fight to their heart content and have a chance to meet worthy opponent (like Yang). Maybe they'll die young, maybe they won't be able to achieve anything at all, but in return they can have an opportunity to leave a mark in the history, a proof that they've committed something huge enough to last for eternity instead of living a normal, peaceful life like the majority of mankind. In other words, the hidden message left in this anime so far can be interpreted as "to live is to strive for the best, never cease to grow, and men must do big (heroism)".

As the 2nd OP pointed out, "In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same". We can't guarantee that the current state of the world (Irl) can last forever, a time might come in the future that we'll witness another turbulent age just as in LoGH, or way back to several hundred years ago.
Sep 23, 2018 8:07 PM
Apr 2018
I didn't fully understand the asteroid tactic, but it was a fun episode.
Sep 25, 2018 9:44 PM

Feb 2017
RIP Konev. I doubt many viewers picked up a "death flag" for him last episode!
May 7, 2019 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
Muller is one of my favorite Empire admirals. He fought a remarkable battle.

RIP Konev
Nov 8, 2019 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
They gave up without any resistances, that might be good because of no bloodshed
But at the same time, they just doomed FPA

FPA finally reached Reinhard's fleet, I wonder how well it goes for them
Now there's only small chance before other Empire's reinforcements arrive
Rayl1ghtNov 8, 2019 8:44 PM
"Signature removed"
Dec 28, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
It's indeed hard to put into words how exciting this battle actually is, simply breathtaking.

Rip Konev, tho :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 30, 2020 10:59 PM
Jun 2017
First of all, poor Dusty. He looked totally wrecked up.
F for Konev. He seemed to be a good man. A shame he had an off-screen death. He truly was jinxed, though that's didn't raise completely my death flag alarm.

It is true that historians make out the best soldiers. The strategy Yang used to encircle the fleet was very Cannae-like.

I was impressed by Muller. Aside from being a gentle man, he has also shown to be a very capable commander. I actually feared for his life, which means I've taken a bit of a liking for him. The same can be said about Emil. He is the heartwarming relief of this battle. I hope he isn't just abandoned when this season and battle are over.
Dec 20, 2020 6:39 AM
Apr 2016
Certainly, "ominous" — not the answer to "something everyone experie..." but the fact that both Konev and that guy dance with the Grim Reaper 24/7, their mental fortitude to persevere in conditions that can rip your life out of you at any moment is incredible.

This episode heavily revolved around strategics; certainly, it was interesting, although more so than "exciting" like some people said — I guess I just had a different experience from other episode-discussion posters. I love how Galactic Heroes has episodes that provide all kinds of caters, they're not limited to just a single subject such as "politics."
Jun 11, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2016
Raizel said:
That was magnificent, Yang proved to be much more better than Reinhard von Lohengram.

Listening to Julian really helped.

Jul 26, 2021 8:11 PM

Jun 2020
rip konev

less go yang
Sep 2, 2021 9:11 PM

Dec 2018
worst episode yet
commanders are (and have been) inexplicably stupid but even then should outnumber them 10 to 1 i don't care who you are you don't beat that whatsoever
none of it is thoroughly explained it's just asspull after asspull and now i hate this show and yang
unbelievably horrible writing here.
saw someone mention alexander the great
first off they had a new form of military tech that helped, here they are evenly matched
secondly, this isn't a land war, it's naval, in three dimensional space with little to no obstructions or terrain, though when it's needed the writer just pulls it out of their butt for yang's plot armor
it's getting really old and frustrating
StateofOhayoSep 2, 2021 9:18 PM
Dec 23, 2021 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
And this episode is the true start of Muller becoming best boy. He only gets more awesome frome here on out.
Jan 4, 2022 2:51 PM

Apr 2018
What an epic battle. It’s rare to see such an intense show.
Also, rip Konov. Tragic death that shows the ruthless cruelty of war.
May 26, 2022 7:09 PM

Dec 2007
the end was just :O

to be honest though, reinhard plan was perfect. but the way yang made it out not only to survive but also to plan new tactic that made him almost winning this war was kind of annoying honestly. i get that he's smart and all but i feel the author just messed it up here to bring one-sided battle that ended with plot armour, no matter how much better the plot armour explained.
i wouldn't be surprised if the way reinhard going to be saved this time is by the same way.

this is may be the anime tricking me, but i cheered up much more to reinhard's plan than yang's that felt - as other in this thread felt - emotionless. in the end the anime kind of tricked me to cheer much more to reinhard, though making me hope that my theory about yang's dying wont' be truth lol.
if this really what made the author doing this, i dunno if he's a magician or just badass writer lol.
Aug 25, 2022 12:51 PM

Feb 2012
2022 rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 2, 2022 1:24 PM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
StateofOhayo said:
worst episode yet
commanders are (and have been) inexplicably stupid but even then should outnumber them 10 to 1 i don't care who you are you don't beat that whatsoever
none of it is thoroughly explained it's just asspull after asspull and now i hate this show and yang
first off they had a new form of military tech that helped, here they are evenly matched
secondly, this isn't a land war, it's naval, in three dimensional space with little to no obstructions or terrain, though when it's needed the writer just pulls it out of their butt for yang's plot armor

Sorry to quote you so late, but this is so true the last couple of episodes have been the first time I was genuinely disappointed with this show yang is given so much plot armor and just as you say it's an asspull after asspull. Considering what happends in the next episode the last two were simply badly written and didn't need to happen the way they did.
Nov 2, 2022 8:13 PM

Dec 2018
amazingjoe said:
StateofOhayo said:
worst episode yet

Sorry to quote you so late, but this is so true the last couple of episodes have been the first time I was genuinely disappointed with this show yang is given so much plot armor and just as you say it's an asspull after asspull. Considering what happends in the next episode the last two were simply badly written and didn't need to happen the way they did.

no worries; this show has many ups and downs but Yang is always so frustrating because they pull this crap quite often. like suddenly great commanders become idiotic children in battle with him. why? it's not explained.
Nov 23, 2022 4:08 PM

May 2018
Another great battle. I hope Reinhard survives this
Jan 11, 2023 2:42 AM

Aug 2018
Gorgeous battle episode, Reinhard coming to the front lines and accepting the fact he might die is truly heroic and admirable from the main leader of whole imperial army. Muller definitely deserves praise for stepping in the perfect time after resolving his own situation and instantly deciding to come to aid, he deserves a lot of credit, his appearance literaly changed the battle outcome.
 But the real genius of the day is still Yang, his strategies troughout the episode are mindblowing, really really unique and well tought out, specially that awesome circle formation.

Can't believe Konev actually died, but it goes to show how accurate his death was, thats how military pilots even very skilled ones can meet fate at any given time. It seems that we wont see the comedic duo of him and Poplan anymore, but it was really fun while it lasted.

Can't hold my excitement to see how the battle will go from here and what else might happen that will surprise everyone

Feb 28, 2023 2:20 AM

Jul 2017
oh my god this was so intense.
I will miss you konev
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Jun 1, 2023 6:28 PM
Dec 2021
Very good episode, Reinhard's initial tactics were very clever, Yang done well. Reinhard falling for a double bluff was unexpected, he is making more and more mistakes.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.