Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 27, 2015 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
This episode made me smile a lot. I liked the character development.

Btw, I love the Death Note references and jokes! I hope there will be more of those.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Mar 26, 2015 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
Follow your dreams lads, they might not come true, in fact they probably won't but it's better to not have that "what if" nagging at your mind for the rest of your life. Just fucking do it.
Sep 5, 2015 4:50 PM
Mar 2013
Enchanting!
Jan 14, 2016 4:10 AM

Jan 2016
Death note references >.<
The mom was so pretty!
Great episode!
Jan 28, 2016 11:29 PM

Mar 2015
Well that was a surprise.. the mom was the uncle's crush. What a coincidence... DNA is scary

Mar 2, 2016 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
Inoue Kikuko never changed, always 17 years old MILF chara forever xD
"Signature removed"
May 24, 2016 1:45 PM

Aug 2014
darkerealm said:
I sure hope Miho and Mashiro don't end up like Miho's mum and Mashiro's uncle.

+1... But... although I didn't read the manga, I've still got a bad feeling about this. This feels like some kind of crappy foreshadowing.
Nov 17, 2016 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
This was a really good episode. It seemed different from the previous two somehow, but I can't exactly put my finger on how it was different. I enjoyed it a lot though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 14, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2016
Miho's mother looked much more better than her daughter no wonder Mashiro's uncle fell in love with her.
Jul 25, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2015
Not too shabby! Good background info.
Oct 7, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2015
Having Joe as favorite, neat taste.
Nov 25, 2017 10:01 AM
Dec 2014
Glad that they made a reference to Ashita no joe,people really need to watch that masterpiece.
Nov 29, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
So every episode's going to open on a little recap? I guess that makes sense since this aired on NHK and was aimed at a wider audience.

Takagi's favorite manga is Dragon Ball? C A S U A L

In the same way that Moritaka planned on exchanging letters/emails with Azuki in order not to get distracted from manga, his uncle did the same...and then she was just like "lol I'm getting married"? That's messed up.

Chou Hero Densetsu's OP looks lit. That one guy's costume had a lot of butt hanging out...Japan sure likes their butt humor.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 3, 2018 4:23 AM

Jun 2015
This was very motivational!
I missed this show so much.

May 21, 2018 1:42 AM

Feb 2018
That mother has a really distracting hairstyle.
Aug 12, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
I still haven't gotten to watching Ashita no Joe, only 3 episodes in in that show. A lot of anime references this episode, understanding all of them was nice. Interesting love-life Mashiro's uncle had, unfortunate that it didn't end on a happy note.
Dec 6, 2019 8:36 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that connection can't be mere coincidence!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 27, 2020 10:15 AM

May 2018
Nice episode again :)

the studio was awesome with all those figurines lol
Oct 29, 2020 4:21 AM

Jul 2020
I’m just glad that Mashiro’s uncle didn’t die because of suicide.

And that workplace is a paradise!

Oh and I learn something new about manga.
Jan 6, 2021 1:47 PM

Jul 2017
That romanticist and idealistic DNA is scary, jeez. Moritaka's uncle and Miho's mom were in love with each other but distant and only communicating through letters while his uncle was trying to become a successful mangaka worthy of asking Miyuki Haruno in marriage but he was too late unfortunately as she found someone else naturally, and a woman can't wait forever for marriage like that. Never hated him by any means but just life happened, she still cherished the memories of the letters they wrote to each other.

Now Moritaka's and Miho's in this sort of relationship too although they were more direct about it already by establishing a proper end goal before they both are able to marry and given how they've not been in love with each other for a short period of time, they seem to have more of the patience to commit to that goal. Good episode as a whole with really good pacing too, felt like the episode flew by really quickly.

Plus, Tarou Kawaguchi's studio was so sick I won't lie. He wasn't even a massive success in turns of a mangaka but even so, I loved the amount of detail Tsugumi Ohba put into the details with the studio as a whole, and seeing the amount of names/manuscripts and volumes of manga there and research material just showcased how much he worked hard on trying to be the best mangaka he can be without any quit whatsoever. Sad to see his love only be in vain in the end and he lost his life in the process of overworking himself, but the guy truly loved his job, no matter the struggles he had to endure to work on his stuff whether physically, mentally or romantically.

P.S: GG for Bakuman for spoiling Ashita no Joe's ending like that lmao. At least Moritaka has some great taste for me in that being his favorite manga. It really is a classic.
Jan 19, 2021 7:44 PM
Oct 2019
I'm feeling this so far. Didn't see that twist coming. Curious what story these two come up with
Jun 24, 2021 4:58 AM

Jan 2020
Hair rolls is really not my taste...

I bet someone is watching the three of them from outside Azuki's house...

I still feel like Akito reason for sticking with Moritaka is a bit convenient, I hope there's other reason for this...
Oct 11, 2021 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
the whole studio details great, always loved the studio scenes.
probably only now after actually reading dragon ball manga (though not finishing it) i understand why takagi so liked it, it surely a great manga.
loved how they showed all the volumes of DB in this.

mashiro talk with his father was great.
though his father's voice is too harsh for my taste.
"it's first time you are calling me" LOL

the DN reference LOL.

whole saiko's uncle and miho's mother past relation never really liked that, made the whole 'saiko x miho' too convenience...

pace is still bad.
Oct 29, 2021 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode so far. Was not a fan of the comedy early on, and I thought it'd be like that, but somehow each episode has made me chuckle at least once ^^

Pretty heartwarming (or rather, bittersweet?) episode this one with the letters between Saiko's uncle and Azuki's mother. That was pretty well done.
Oct 12, 2022 5:37 AM
Jun 2022
letters, support, and day 1 of working towards his dream.
Oct 15, 2022 6:31 PM

Jan 2020
The mystery of Miho's mother was resolved pretty quickly. It's an interesting dynamic at least, albeit a shame that Moritaka's uncle never found happiness with her. It makes me worry about about the potential of MoritakaxMiho. Especially because Miho's mother saying, "I couldn't wait any longer," rubbed me the wrong way a bit. I'm really not sure what that meant. She just wanted to be married for the sake of being married?

Otherwise, looks like we're starting our first steps down the path to becoming a manga artist. I'm looking forward to seeing some sketching and storyboarding.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 7, 2023 1:16 AM

Mar 2022
Gar_Logan said:
Who is "Giovanni from Death Note"? I don't remember that character and they aren't on the character list from MAL.
After Bakuman, I've never forgotten Gevanni. Lol.

1 - IT’S A TRAP!
THIS WHOLE THING IS A SETUP!!
THIS IS ALL PART OF
OHBA'S PLAN TO FRAME ME!
ISN’T IT A LITTLE ODD THAT THEY HAVE
SUCH GREAT SERIES LIKE DN & BAKUMAN
BUT NOT PLATINUM END??
THIS PROVES IT’S A TRAP!!

2 - IT’S A TRAP!
THIS IS ALL PART OF
OBATA'S PLAN TO FRAME ME!
SUCH HOT CHARACTERS LIKE GEVANNI IN DN AND MIYUKI AZUKI IN BAKUMAN
BUT NO ONE REALLY IN PLATINUM END??

1. Eva to Battler Ushiromiya: "human who are crying every single" ( Battler = "w"esley "s"o & Beatrice = Alireza Firouzja ? - Ha6uVGB-Mtw or p1w4Rr-fC )
  2. "b"attler "u"shiromiya: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is proctoring." - p1w4Rr-dU
  3. Update after Hans Niemann 2022: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is a proctologist." - p1w4Rr-dW
  4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  5. Magnus Carlsen is more of a sore loser than Light Yagami & Bandit Keith. See p1w4Rr-jr
  6. Hikaru Nakamura is almost as evil as the Hikaru in Oshi no Ko. See p1w4Rr-jr
  7. xcdhgq
Mar 7, 2023 1:16 AM

Mar 2022
rebwaters said:
Lovely episode... barely remember all of this happening... But it's there... and it happened!! So then they went to the studio and had an awesome study night... filled in some questions they hoped to answer there and butted into Mashiro's uncle love story! Btw his love story is so... plain lame but so pure and gutty at the same time... Tell me which kind of guy would actually follow that promise and only work hard... IMO he should have tried to go out with her just once or something... But really doesn't matter know since his love is married and has a kid... Kid that's Miho!!! Was that a coincidence? Nah! That was Hisuzen (Destiny/Fate)! xD their families are meant to be together for real! If not how come that's even possible Miho looks exactly like her mom! xD I actually mistook Miho's mom as Miho... they look so alike.... DNA is a scary thing ne?

Other than that discovery, I loved the phone call between Saiko and his dad... Was so... woah... so manga meaningful.... And so... relaxing? ...Exciting? ...full of spirits to give out the best? Well whatever, what's for sure is that they're decided to make an awesome manga, and they  have the best references out there since Kawaguchi managed to get so many manga volumes and work hard just for the sake of that oooold promise... I feel bad for Saiko's uncle now... his story is so sad.. I just hope Saiko and miho doesn't fell in the same vortex xD

And the reference... Dunno how much it costs to make all those, but one thing is certain... They whouldn't be expensive since all of those mangas are part of Shueisha, aka the company that manages WSJ... Still... it's so surprising... Actually showing the spines of all those DB volumes.... and some other mangas... and also making references to Ashita no Joe (Boxing manga) and to Death Note.. Btw I barely remember who's that Gevanni guy :p... Just wow..

Signs,
Green
After Bakuman, I've never forgotten Gevanni. Lol.

1 - IT’S A TRAP!
THIS IS ALL PART OF
OHBA'S PLAN TO FRAME ME!
SUCH GREAT SERIES LIKE DN & BAKUMAN
BUT NOT PLATINUM END??

2 - IT’S A TRAP!
THIS IS ALL PART OF
OBATA'S PLAN TO FRAME ME!
SUCH HOT CHARACTERS LIKE GEVANNI IN DN AND MIYUKI AZUKI IN BAKUMAN
BUT NO ONE REALLY IN PLATINUM END??

1. Eva to Battler Ushiromiya: "human who are crying every single" ( Battler = "w"esley "s"o & Beatrice = Alireza Firouzja ? - Ha6uVGB-Mtw or p1w4Rr-fC )
  2. "b"attler "u"shiromiya: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is proctoring." - p1w4Rr-dU
  3. Update after Hans Niemann 2022: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is a proctologist." - p1w4Rr-dW
  4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  5. Magnus Carlsen is more of a sore loser than Light Yagami & Bandit Keith. See p1w4Rr-jr
  6. Hikaru Nakamura is almost as evil as the Hikaru in Oshi no Ko. See p1w4Rr-jr
  7. xcdhgq
Jun 4, 2023 3:13 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 2, 2023 7:03 PM
Jul 2017
I KNEW THAT TWIST WAS COMING WITH THE MOM BEING THE FORMER LOVER
Mar 2, 12:49 PM
Oct 2021
I want the jist on Takagi. I'm hoping for an emotional rollercoaster on his end of the family too. Another awesome episode
Mar 23, 10:52 PM

May 2021
Lets hope history doesn’t repeat itself
Inhales oxygen
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.