Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2010 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like the Aspect of the fighting

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 10, 2011 5:34 PM

Oct 2008
What...

I feel like they just compressed 10 episodes worth of content in to one episode.
Jan 10, 2011 9:05 PM

Mar 2010
feels like a while since i watched this anime; but it sure feel a tad bit rushed

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 16, 2011 8:55 PM
Apr 11, 2012 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, what a bad ending. Oh well, at least the rest of the series was enjoyable.
7/10.
May 19, 2012 9:31 AM

Dec 2011
Nice ending but it was too bit rushed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2012 4:54 PM

Aug 2008
bad ending to fun show :*(
Jul 13, 2012 2:48 PM

Jan 2010
I have no idea where that ending came from, but I guess it makes sense since they only made it to volume 16 of the manga.
Nov 2, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
awesome fight scenes... very good comedy elements

Didn't expect much of a plot, so the ending didn't bother me at all

7/10
Feb 4, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2010
What on Earth? A far as endings go, this is one of the strangest I've seen in a long time. I actually kind of liked it, god knows why...
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 22, 2013 11:24 AM

May 2010
Seabury said:
What on Earth? A far as endings go, this is one of the strangest I've seen in a long time. I actually kind of liked it, god knows why...

maybe cause of the fighting...
Jun 3, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
Choreography galore, why can't we have this kind of attention to movement in anime nowadays.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 16, 2013 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
That ending was a whole lot of what the hell? No real resolution to the show. Guess I need to read the manga for that.
Jul 23, 2013 7:15 AM

Oct 2008
Most rushed ending ever.
Overall this series was silly as hell, but it did have it's moments. Also the action was non stop all the way, so I'll give it credit for that at least.
6/10
Jul 24, 2013 5:03 AM
Jan 2013
Sometimes new is good but the ending was too abrupt. Overall I really enjoyed the series because they balanced out the fighting well but a climatic ending would've been better.
Aug 24, 2014 6:06 PM
Aug 2014
Wayyyy to many scene-to-scene fights in my opinion, which made the fights scenes played out. The last fight was unexpected but it was OK. Seemed a tad bit rushed as well. Looking forward to more episodes although I doubt that happens.
Dec 11, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2014
right when i think "yes! theres no sign of Sakiyama Kaori being in this episode".... awwwww fuck its Sakiyama Kaori

where the fuck did the storyline just disappear to?... thats it?
Dec 29, 2015 2:29 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really appreciate that the females in this show are often able to hold their own in a fight. A lot of the time you just see some guy step in where they left off, protecting them and such. I also liked that there wasn't just one type of girl. Like you had Maki who is still particularly feminine but fights, Kaori who wants to pursue something which is often seen as a girl's dream (being a supermodel) but she ends up putting a lot of time into fighting-- and usually doesn't take people's crap, and Mina who is pretty much the opposite of all that. Mina's appearance and mannerisms are pretty much the whole idea of what a female is while other females seem to break that stereotype. Then Michiru and Yuu just seem to act like your every day females, playing arcade games and such. Renge seems to have slightly masculine traits as well-- heck, she looks like she's balding too, but she's still a female. There's such a diversity in female character "types" that I can't help but be impressed when I'm so used to seeing female characters who are just... Mina. But the thing is, when you see strong fighting females in other shows, they're often just seen as "weird", but in this anime it's all good. I liked that.

Before watching Air Master, I watched Air Gear and thought, "This is awful. I'm starting to think that I just really don't like anime anymore". I've never really thought that before, but after watching quite a few shows in a row that I just haven't been able to like, that was the verdict I reached. "It's not the shows; it's me". Watching Air Master made me realize that it actually was the shows because this was a great ride even with things that made me uncomfortable. An anime doesn't have to be made to try to please me for it to be good, and a lot of people seem to think that's what people want; but that's not it. Just give me something engaging-- make me CARE about the main character's goals. I think this anime, though this last episode threw me for a loop, efficiently brought something new to the table and indeed kept the watchers engaged for the most part. Like there were things I WANTED to comment on positively instead of negatively, and I think that's when you know.

Had a good time.
SwiggyAug 18, 2018 1:14 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 11, 2016 4:26 AM

Apr 2015
Been a while since i watched the show
i really enjoyed the anime for the fighte scenes, i will maybe read the chapters, didn't know it existed

Thanks guys, i may understand the end ! :3
Oct 13, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2008
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
where the fuck did the storyline just disappear to?... thats it?

Standard curse of unfinished adaptations, especially when the manga isn't translated so there's no way of finding out what happens from now on, and if the final episode was even manga adaptation or just anime original. Though from what I've seen, the manga has some really bad art, Toei actually improved it in the show.

So yeah I wasn't really fond of the final episode either, I think a filler battle with Yuki would have been a better way to end it, showing Maki's progress since the last fight. I guess beating an opponent Yuki couldn't beat means the same, but it's the presentation that counts in the end.

Overall the show was a really pleasant surprise. I expected the show to be pretty bad when I started it, especially with Renge and Mina around. But surprisingly, the show got more and more enjoyable as it went on. Renge and Mina were still cancer, but the rest of the cast quickly grows on you. Even Sakiyama Kaori managed to grow on me by the time we got to the wrestling arc.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 25, 2017 1:29 PM

Jan 2017
The #1 fighter should have just crushed Maki , I feel like she had more to accomplish than this. Oh well the fight scenes were pretty good you could see all the moves instead of switched camera angles that ruin today's anime fights.
Overall 8/10
May 22, 2019 11:27 AM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed the ride and it was fairly easy to watch many episodes in a row, but they really rushed it towards the end, so that it didn't turn out as satisfying as it could've been. The last scene where Kaori appeared had me laughing, tho. A fitting send-off in a goofy manner which highlighted the strength of this series.

I will probably get to read the manga somewhere down the line.

P.S. Every scene with Renge was win.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Jan 2010
Ever since the Fukamichi Ranking fights, and particularly in these last few episodes, it feels like the show has been struggling to find ways to amplify its intensity and craziness, though with mixed results. Fighter abilities and skills have continuously gotten more abstract and ridiculous, all the while Maki has seemed listless, unentertained, lost, zoned out, or a mixture of all the above. With this last episode, now that we're getting deeper into supernatural aspects with the Eternals, the show seemingly turned into something completely different.

I do like Air Master, and I can accept things getting crazy enough to include punching through walls, ki control, and literal air walking, but I really just don't know about this episode. Now we're absorbing legacy ghosts to power up a master fighter whose punches create air shockwaves that shatter concrete. Granted, it's fun watching Yuki and Maki team up, but I really just don't know about about everything all together.
Feb 23, 12:05 AM

Sep 2018
Man, this anime went full off the rails with these last ten or episodes, it was already wacky and nonsensical, but it really got out of hand there lol. Still pretty fun, 6/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Master Episode 24 Discussion

WolfWood37 - May 26, 2013

6 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 22, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Air Master Episode 5 Discussion

BlasianAngel - Mar 6, 2010

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 18, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Air Master Episode 15 Discussion

11 by Selleri_UmU »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:17 AM

Poll: » Air Master Episode 6 Discussion

5 by chikajosie »»
Jul 12, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Air Master Episode 25 Discussion

BlasianAngel - Mar 7, 2010

6 by Shocked »»
May 3, 2022 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.