Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2010 5:30 AM
Jun 2008
much of the world's grain production is fed to animals rather than to humans
Well,after I read this sentence which I place it myself.I think I have nothing more to say...

global warming ain't that all bad.isn't that more Co2 = better growth for the plant ^.^
Plantation might flourish. ...period
Sep 19, 2010 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
Leon-Gun said:
idoru said:
Meat animals are kept in horrible conditions and I doubt anyone who visited an abbatoir would be in a hurry to eat a steak afterwards.
They are just food produce you know. Maybe this is what make humans so amusing.

Also, by how you put it, the problem is not eating meat itself, but the amount that is necessary to keep the world population well-fed which just creates a massive need for cleared lands.

But unless you are proposing some way other than the extreme ban on meat, not much will really change about that. Humans evolved as omnivores. We need vegetables, fruit and meat to keep a balanced nutrition. Why else do you think vegetarians are always advised to keep watch of their nutriency deficiencies and take supplements as needed?

They may be food produce, but it's not like they don't feel pain or fear. And no, I'm not some crazy greenie who thinks everyone should quit eating meat, seeing as I'm not even vegetarian. I enjoy meat on a once-or-twice a week basis. Any more than that is unnecessary and expensive. Plus I'm watching my weight.

Indeed, the problem with eating meat is not so much the slaughtering of animals who have never known a life outside of suffering, but the destruction of our natural world to feed the immense hunger of the privileged West. We have lost many thousands of unique animal and plant species as a result of deforestation, not to mention risking the irreversible unbalancing of our fragile planet-wide ecosystem. As for keeping the world population well-fed, if the grain used to feed animals was instead given to humans, the world hunger problem would be at least partially ameliorated. Meat is considered a luxury in most parts of the world, and it's only the West's relative wealth that allows us to eat (and flaunt our eating at the expense of the rest of the world) meat on a daily basis.

As for your point about nutrition, that's like saying a diet composed purely of steak is better than a diet composed purely of broccoli. A vegetarian who knows what they're doing would not simply eat vegetables, they would also eat pulses, fruits, nuts, sea vegetables and grains which contain all the protein, iron and other vitamins and minerals necessary to survival. And personally, I'd rather be iron deficient than die of bowel cancer.
Sep 19, 2010 5:52 AM

Jun 2008
zharnotczar said:
Muzzicans said:
zharnotczar said:
Muzzicans said:
MelbShaw said:
MorningGlory said:
protein

ah I see so bananas are meat

On average 225g of banana have 2g of protein, whereas, just 85g of beef contain 22g of protein, retard.
No, dumbshit, bananas out-protein every other food in the world. Learn your facts, idiot.

I'm sorry, were you dropped on the head as a baby?!?!?! Or, do you just suffer from some sort of debilitating mental disorder? Banana's do not "out-protein every other food in the world." , not even close. How stupid are you? Banana's have very little protein in them, as I stated before in those statistics! Bananas contain a good deal of potassium, not protein. So either you got those two completely differently functioning nutrients mixed up, or your just plain stupid!!!
You're either trolling, or stupid. Bananas have a ridiculous amount of protein. You obviously made those statistics up on the spot. In real life, 100g of banana has 32g of protein while 100g of beef has 25g of protein. As I said earlier, learn your facts, idiot.

In real life 100g of banana contains an average 1.09g of protein, while 100g of ground beef contains an average of 26g protein. These numbers are taken directly from the U.S Department of Agriculture, and I doubt they are mistaken.

While it may be true that bananas have an ridiculous amount of protein in them, that is most likely in relation to other fruits and NOT all other forms of food.
Sep 19, 2010 6:12 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
Well,after I read this sentence which I place it myself.I think I have nothing more to say...
Um, what?

global warming ain't that all bad.isn't that more Co2 = better growth for the plant ^.^
Plantation might flourish. ...period
lol
Sep 19, 2010 6:12 AM
Jun 2008
DrHouse said:
Solution:
[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/aug/01/insects-food-emissions]http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/aug/01/insects-food-emissions
[url=http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1810336,00.html]http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1810336,00.html
This need to be implemented since childhood.
Sep 19, 2010 6:21 AM

Dec 2008
I eat meat because it tastes good, simple.
Sep 19, 2010 6:25 AM

Dec 2007
Taurin.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Sep 19, 2010 6:38 AM
Jun 2008
Tachii said:
MorningGlory said:
Um, what?
I just realize that more grain are fed to animal rather than human.
It makes me felt that the increase of Livestock in farm will also increase plantation as well which lead to more deforestation because plantation require alot of land.
kinda out of topic anyway,

I like Fish meat.Its healthy and delicious to eat ( yes,I think fish doesn't create manure or shit like that.So I think its relatively safe.the worst scenario is that fish may come to an extinct.)
Sep 19, 2010 7:06 AM

Mar 2010
idoru said:
Leon-Gun said:
idoru said:
Meat animals are kept in horrible conditions and I doubt anyone who visited an abbatoir would be in a hurry to eat a steak afterwards.
They are just food produce you know. Maybe this is what make humans so amusing.

Also, by how you put it, the problem is not eating meat itself, but the amount that is necessary to keep the world population well-fed which just creates a massive need for cleared lands.

But unless you are proposing some way other than the extreme ban on meat, not much will really change about that. Humans evolved as omnivores. We need vegetables, fruit and meat to keep a balanced nutrition. Why else do you think vegetarians are always advised to keep watch of their nutriency deficiencies and take supplements as needed?

They may be food produce, but it's not like they don't feel pain or fear. And no, I'm not some crazy greenie who thinks everyone should quit eating meat, seeing as I'm not even vegetarian. I enjoy meat on a once-or-twice a week basis. Any more than that is unnecessary and expensive. Plus I'm watching my weight.

Indeed, the problem with eating meat is not so much the slaughtering of animals who have never known a life outside of suffering, but the destruction of our natural world to feed the immense hunger of the privileged West. We have lost many thousands of unique animal and plant species as a result of deforestation, not to mention risking the irreversible unbalancing of our fragile planet-wide ecosystem. As for keeping the world population well-fed, if the grain used to feed animals was instead given to humans, the world hunger problem would be at least partially ameliorated. Meat is considered a luxury in most parts of the world, and it's only the West's relative wealth that allows us to eat (and flaunt our eating at the expense of the rest of the world) meat on a daily basis.

As for your point about nutrition, that's like saying a diet composed purely of steak is better than a diet composed purely of broccoli. A vegetarian who knows what they're doing would not simply eat vegetables, they would also eat pulses, fruits, nuts, sea vegetables and grains which contain all the protein, iron and other vitamins and minerals necessary to survival. And personally, I'd rather be iron deficient than die of bowel cancer.

....... You sound like a crazy Greenie to me.....
Sep 19, 2010 7:33 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
I like Fish meat.Its healthy and delicious to eat ( yes,I think fish doesn't create manure or shit like that.So I think its relatively safe.the worst scenario is that fish may come to an extinct.)
I like my shrimps, too, but I guess sea food is a bit more expensive than meat.
Muzzicans said:
....... You sound like a crazy Greenie to me.....
No, a crazy Greenie would be that guy that held dudes hostage on Discovery channel.

Personally I don't see cutting meat consumption is anything hard to do for casual people. Unless you're one of those obese guys whose main diet is fast food, then it's easy to avoid meat and pick more variety in your diet. Or you're one of those guys who can't stomach the various vegetables there is to offer. Either way, fast food contributes quite a bit to meat consumption, not that I have stats for it, it should be fairly intuitive (just seeing how bad obesity had gotten over North America, not that it's a direct causal relationship, still, fast food is a main contributor to obesity).

Besides, meat is becoming more and more expensive. Maybe I do have to consume more vegetables for every gram of meat, still, my family (well, mostly just me and my mom) try to avoid overconsume meat.
TachiiSep 19, 2010 7:41 AM
Sep 19, 2010 7:53 AM

Aug 2010
I don't really like meat, but I'll eat it if we have nothing else. It's filling and can be tasty if prepared in certain ways. Stopping myself from eating a chicken finger from the school's lunch once a week won't save the world from global warming.
Sep 19, 2010 8:12 AM

Dec 2007
What I find hilarious about these threads is the ammount of selected misinformation that everyone states.

Meat production is part of my daily life as a student, and it's nowhere near as the common people believe.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Sep 19, 2010 8:18 AM

Feb 2010
i like meat it tastes good i don't look at meat and think aww poor animal died just so i could eat him/her. i just look at it and eat it and will enjoy every moment of it just like hannibal lector
Sep 19, 2010 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
nameuser said:
Medeasenpai said:
Because most vegetables taste awful.

what do you deslike from it? texture? taste? juice? the way its cooked?

Taste in general? I always try to force myself to eat some vegetables, but I avoid things like cabbage and cucumbers, since it makes me puke.
Sep 19, 2010 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
I rarely eat vegetables or meat.

I live on cereal and pop tarts.
Sep 19, 2010 8:38 AM

Sep 2010
Taste, consistence, protein content and so on. Whats not to like about it?
Sep 19, 2010 8:54 AM

Jul 2010
I don't eat meat. I eat baby chickens before they are born. Yummmyyy.
Sep 19, 2010 9:21 AM

Aug 2010
Neverarine said:

that's why, just look at that tasty piece of food....
Sep 19, 2010 9:36 AM

Jul 2010
Eating Meat makes me feel like a cannibal or a Animal Vampire! No joke. Makes me feel so un-sophisticated and barbaric.
Sep 19, 2010 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
I like to stick it together and wear it to award shows...
Sep 19, 2010 10:08 AM

Aug 2009
nameuser said:
As some of you may know, meat production is by 80% the cause of global warming(you thought it was because of cars,right?). Its nourishing substances(protein, iron) can be replaced by plants. Plus, meat costs more than vegetables, so why do people still prefer meat? i am trying to create the perfect alternative to meat, tell me about what you like about the meat, is it its texture, its taste, its seasoning?

i am not vegetarian

Seeing how I do not believe in man made global warming, I do not see my consumption of meat as a problem. If you want to believe in that hippy enviro-nut nonsense then that is your business. The truth is global warming is a naturally occuring event thats been happening since the dawn of time regardoless of how severe or minute those changes are. I do not know why enviro-whackos fail to realize that fact.

Fake meat will never replace real meat. Meat tastes good, its probably a combination of taste,aroma and texture. Grilled meat taste better than grilled vegetables any day of the week. You can try to use the same seasonings on a vegeburger that you would a real burger but it won't taste the same. A tofu dog with tofu chili and tofu cheese and onions will not no where near as good as the crappiest fast food hot dog. There is no such thing as tofu fall of the bone smoked ribs, tofu smoked brisket, tofu beer can chicken or tofu grilled steak.

Humans by nature are omnivores so it would be unnatural for humans to leave meat out of their diets.
ezikialrageSep 19, 2010 10:09 PM
Sep 19, 2010 11:51 AM

May 2009
It's textured and it tastes good. It can also be juicy if it's made right.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Sep 19, 2010 12:13 PM

Feb 2007
windy said:
It helps my body synthesize the essential amino acids it cannot create on its own or with the help of other foods
wrong.

@zharnotczar - <3 ??????

idoru said:
Regardless of whether it's a contributing factor to global warming (something which in itself many people still refuse to believe is actually happening), it's undeniable that meat production is a strain on the natural environment. The Amazon rainforest, the "lungs of the planet", is being torn up at a terrific rate to create farmland on which to grow fodder for cattle. It's not the only forest on Earth that this is happening to. Deforestation leads to a rise in salinity levels, which ruins any surrounding fresh water sources as well as eventually rendering that land infertile. Meat animals are kept in horrible conditions and I doubt anyone who visited an abbatoir would be in a hurry to eat a steak afterwards. Of course, just like sweatshop labour, this is something that's easy to ignore in the face of convenience and pleasure.

This and everything else idoru said is pretty much the only intelligent thing in this entire thread.
Sep 19, 2010 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
The fatty parts.

After all, fat = flavor! :9
Sep 19, 2010 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
It tastes like chicken.

I'm an orch dork, through and through. I'm an orch dork. How 'bout you?
Sep 19, 2010 5:09 PM

Jul 2010
prismheart said:

^LOL^
Bananas may contain a fraction of the protein that beef posseses,but (and a big BUT at that) once bananas are consumed and fully digested... you get a total of 271,000 grams of protein per serving compared to a measly 25 grams found in beef. Also the many other purposes bananas may serve range from time travel to recyclable fuel. Heres the evidence http://banana.fws1.com/banana.htm

Plantains are known to have 15 Billion grams of protein btw
Sep 19, 2010 5:46 PM

Aug 2010
Nothing.

Proud vegetarian. :D
Sep 19, 2010 6:21 PM
Dec 2007
metaldoom said:
prismheart said:

^LOL^
Bananas may contain a fraction of the protein that beef posseses,but (and a big BUT at that) once bananas are consumed and fully digested... you get a total of 271,000 grams of protein per serving compared to a measly 25 grams found in beef. Also the many other purposes bananas may serve range from time travel to recyclable fuel. Heres the evidence http://banana.fws1.com/banana.htm

Your source leaves me speechless.

Sep 19, 2010 8:50 PM

Apr 2010
metaldoom said:
prismheart said:

^LOL^

See, people? Here is an intelligent poster!
Sep 19, 2010 9:06 PM

Jan 2008
I like meats well done.
Sep 19, 2010 9:47 PM

Dec 2009
humans eat meat. thats what we do. cuz its good. you really cant add any more depth to it.
Sep 19, 2010 11:14 PM

Apr 2010
Pescetarianism for the win.

It's just that I don't have a liking for red meat. I mean if I'm at somebody's house and they serve a meat dish I'm not going to throw their meal onto their fur coats and storm out of the house. I just discourage myself from eating meat because I don't like how it tastes.
Sep 19, 2010 11:34 PM

Apr 2009
Sep 19, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
Because it's meat. There's nothing wrong with and everything right about a big juicy steak or a good home-grilled burger. Or BACON. *Oishi~~*

Sep 20, 2010 2:36 AM

Mar 2010
DalokohsBar said:
Pescetarianism for the win.

It's just that I don't have a liking for red meat. I mean if I'm at somebody's house and they serve a meat dish I'm not going to throw their meal onto their fur coats and storm out of the house. I just discourage myself from eating meat because I don't like how it tastes.

I love eating baby dophin whilst I wear my fur 3 piece suit and seal skin overcoat, depending on how I'm feeling I might season my dolphin with children's tears, all the while kicking the local peasant children.
Sep 20, 2010 8:12 AM

Oct 2009
I like that other animals had to suffer for ME

Sep 20, 2010 11:22 AM
Apr 2009
I like the part where they are made from animals... preferably young animals... lamb + veal = :D one of the reasons I just love greek food... tons of delicious lamb.
Sep 20, 2010 9:11 PM

Feb 2009
I love the taste of meat, the texture, and whatever seasoning is good on it. I'm a chicken and shellfish fanatic and I don't get either as often as I like. I mean come on its good for us (protein) and since humans are omnivores it is just in our nature to want/love meat, it has even be theorized that us eating meat is the reason that we are smarter than other animals. And another thing most of the protein in vegetables/nuts isn't as good for you as the stuff in meat. . . The bad thing right now is the steroids and hormones they inject into it, which makes me a sad panda. . .

And though I won't comment about the GW farce just listen to that whole Carlos Mencia bit about meat eaters eating the problem while vegetarians are eating the solution which makes me feel a ton better about being a meat eater!
Sep 20, 2010 10:46 PM

Jul 2010
I was a vegetarian for about 7 years. I have no idea how I lived that long without meat. I love how juciy a good piece of steak can be.
Sep 20, 2010 10:54 PM

Jan 2010
It's delicious, nutritious, and I ain't superstitious.
Sep 21, 2010 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
i just like the taste. i can't explain it, but i just do. like, i seriously couldn't live without meat.

but hopefully they do find a good alternative that will become popular someday.
Sep 21, 2010 4:50 AM

Jul 2010
Why the division between meat eaters and greenies? Our closest biological cousins (chimps and gorillas) are omnivorous. Our species consumes both prey and vegetables since the dawn of time. That's our nature and there's nothing wrong with it.
Sep 21, 2010 6:09 AM

Jun 2010
the taste man
a good steak from the grill with right amount of peper and salt.
or what about some tasty chicken put it on some bread with a bit of salat,tomato's,unions,paprika,garlic,bacon and some honey mustard sauce and again the peper and salt.

really meat fits with almost everything.
Sep 21, 2010 9:06 AM

Apr 2008
The tenderness and the...juices? I don't know. I just know a good steak when I taste one.
Sep 21, 2010 9:25 AM

Dec 2009
Texture I guess; Pure meat juice lack taste, mostly from mixtures or marinates, and big part of it come from plants, together with salt, sugar etc.
Sep 21, 2010 9:35 AM

Jul 2008
I guess I like variety in what I eat. I wouldn't want to eat vegetables my entire life, neither only meat. I love animals, but I like to eat them too! XD
Sep 21, 2010 11:13 AM

Feb 2009
Because Bacon is perhaps the best tasting food in the history of the planet? I mean, really, there is nothing that tastes or smells better then bacon.
Sep 21, 2010 11:32 AM
Dec 2007
Ryouiki said:
Why the division between meat eaters and greenies? Our closest biological cousins (chimps and gorillas) are omnivorous. Our species consumes both prey and vegetables since the dawn of time. That's our nature and there's nothing wrong with it.
Just goes to show you how funny humans are. They can be too self-conscious at times.

BTW, chimps are known for being cannibals too. They actually hunt down other chimpanzees that stumble upon their territorial ground if they get pissed off. It isn't pretty, that's all I have to say about it, heh. It was an interesting documentary though.

Sep 21, 2010 1:32 PM

Feb 2010
I don't eat meat anymore.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.