Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2014
Ah damn what a fantastic show, by far one of the best animes I've seen. But Greed died. </3 I would've loved to see Mustang become fuhrer as well as see Lin rule Xing but I guess you can't have it all. Amazing series tho and omg Ed and Winry and their kids, I might've cried a happy tear. :3
Oct 24, 2014 8:09 AM

Oct 2014
Still my favourite series of all time :)
Oct 24, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
- I don't want to bash the ending of how Ed got Al's body back but that was something I felt as if it was almost an asspull because truth and knowledge are not really physical/material things, so I don't understand how it can be used for equivalent exchange

Yeah, this is one of the few flaws I found in this series but the power and beauty of that scene more than made up for it and cemented it as one of the most emotional scenes I've ever scene (almost cried ). The most beautiful portyayal of the so called "power of frienship". I never get tired of this episode. Truly amazing!!!
Oct 25, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
It's been a long journey. Long and beautiful journey. ^^
Oct 30, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
That is like the nerdiest proposal I've ever heard. lols.

I think it would have made more sense if Lion King and DK joined Edward on his journey west if just to parallel Alphonse' journey with the other two east. Seeing them in a circus was just kind of pitiful...
Nov 3, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Such a beautiful ending.. glad everything work out in the end.
I'm used to the armor but that girly voice on a fully grown man feels so weird.
Even after Al recovered in tip top shape he still looks older than Ed lol.. to me anyways.
The sly old geezer got the throne in the end.. hahaha and look at Jr pride how cute.
Look at Ling Yao.. oh my god that outfit so doesn't suit him. May looks cuter in loli size too.
I still wish for more Ed x Winry moments though.. my heart still craving for more. <3
Here it is... equivalent exchange.. this empty feeling after it ends.
Truly one of the masterpieces alright no doubt.
Nov 6, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2012
It was such a great pleasure to take the 64 express, the end stop was a little bumpy but it was overall smooth. 8/10.
Nov 8, 2014 8:47 PM

Sep 2014
Just finished the anime and it was absolutely great. 9-9.5/10
Nov 9, 2014 12:59 PM
Apr 2014
- I'll give you half my life, so give me half of yours!
- (...) you're an idiot. You want half of it? I'll give it all to you.

... ... omg.

Winry <33333333333333333333333333333333333333

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 16, 2014 5:13 AM

Aug 2014
Overall I find this anime an epic masterpiece! It was steady-paced and calm and I'm actually satisfied for the ending too. Loved all the characters and FMAB had just so much bigger and deeper cast then FMA 1. I really liked the touch on Mustang's group, Mustangs mustache and the EdxWinry moment made me laugh. :D Amazing original concept, amazing drama and amazing character interactions. It had the best and happiest ending but I still cried because it ended. The message that Ed said at the end about the equivalent exchange was so powerful and meaningful. FMAB has taught me so many lessons which are unforgettable. I will miss Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, one of the best and favourite animes ever! <3
Dec 28, 2014 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
This shit was sooo good.

fking 10x better than original FMA
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2014 5:12 AM
May 2012
A happy end is a happy end if it made me happy.....and I am happy :)) Winry and Edward <3 It would have been better if Mustang became the Fuhrer, but he got that rockin' mustache so all cool.
Well, it has been a fun ride even though I watched this Anime without getting enough sleep. Still, I am glad I managed to finish this before the year ends~
Ahhh, this is why I love Anime. It's not just about entertainment. I can feel them <3
Well, I still have the movie and specials to watch next. Though, looks like I can't make it today since I gotta go somewhere, but oh well. Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa~ Posts: 3654
Jan 2, 2015 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
Now that how you make a great ending, covered all the characters and explained how they got there with great character development during the anime, didnt felt rushed (looking at you Naruto). A masterpiece of a anime to me. Perfect ending, just shows we dont need a depressing ending or in a great psychological thriller to have a great series ending like lots of people want. Felt this series give space to all the characters, was a great epic ride, glad i watched this in the way i want, not waiting a week for an episode lol, 9/10 to me.
Jan 3, 2015 5:22 AM

Aug 2014
10/10
New favuorite anime. FMA: B was such an amazing journey and I'm glad I finally got around to watching it.

I only have a few qualms, that in the big picture don't even matter:
-Earlier on in the series uses the method of 'a good guy looking like a bad guy then next ep it's explained how they tricked everyone to protect someone' more than once and it's kinda disappointing to see it.
-One of the OPs had an ending note that was way too long and was really irritating to listen to. I don't judge an anime by its OP but one such OP was a let down among other incredibly amazing OPs. Same goes for one ED too, that ending line was soo annoying I muted when it came on.

But anyway best anime ever. It has original characters and storyline, with very interesting concepts and it's just so emotional. The anime had speed when necessary and slowed when necessary too. It was easy to understand but not dumbed down. It didnt focus on things for a while to make you question what really happened (like King Bradley's apparent death in the train wreck) only to reveal the answer at the perfect time.

As I said, I'm so glad I had this journey that was FMA:B.
Jan 14, 2015 11:45 PM
Sep 2014
I have to say that this is definitely one of best stories out there. To some writers its hard to keep a good story together for 13 episodes, but this one, 50 episodes of pure pleasure.
Still, those first 14 episodes were just awful, rushed, boring. They should have take slow pace.
Also the humor, if you can call it that. I think this show would be masterpiece if it was serious all the time, without those stupid faces and sh?t. I just get annoyed when they ruin really good story with crap like that.

I like the last episode, this is real example how it should be done. Whole episode about their life after the events and not just 5 minutes at the very end of the show. Brothers were not so annoying like in "original".

I feel sorry i rushed it in 2 days :(
NarcoJan 15, 2015 7:06 AM
Jan 18, 2015 12:39 AM

Jul 2014
I haven't seen many anime but this has got to be my favorite one yet. I watched this with dubbed episodes and it was awesome. I haven't watched the first series but I was advised to go straight to Brotherhood. I'm glad I did because it was awesome. The battles were awesome, the stories were great, I loved all the characters (even the villains), and it was just so much fun to watch.
Feb 7, 2015 5:05 PM
Sep 2013
simply amazing, well paced ending and everything! 10/10

wish i could just know more about what happened to may and alphonse (if they ended up dating or whatever)
Feb 11, 2015 5:30 PM

Jun 2011
Finished rewatching this series for the third time. I think this is the biggest 10 I'll ever give a series. Ever. This is a masterpiece, a manifestation of brilliance - okay, I'll stop ranting.
Feb 21, 2015 12:07 AM

Jan 2012
You know, I've always been a little bit of an "anime hipster", to my pride's chagrin. I haven't watched a lot of popular or acclaimed series just because they were indeed popular or acclaimed. I think FMA: Brotherhood is going to change that.

About a week ago a friend recommended this to me, and, seeing as how it had extremely high scores, across the board, on pretty much every website that rates anime that I know of, I gave it a try, and I couldn't be happier that I did.

I'm not familiar with the manga. But from a technical standpoint, the characters were deep, with even the most minor characters having profound significance, the action was intense, the conflicts were engrossing, the story was complicated without being convoluted, the music was excellent...and the feeling it left at the end was something I'd never before experienced. I'll miss the anime, but I'm glad I watched it.

10/10. Wrought masterfully as could be, this series showed that those who never give up and are willing to give everything for those they care about, will receive the same in return.
Lemme smang it girl.
Mar 7, 2015 11:45 AM
Mar 2014
What an ending to this amazing anime, and the ED was PERFECT.

10/10
Mar 8, 2015 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this episode and all of Brotherhood, but I have a few major bones to pick.

(1) The whole final arc is basically one giant deus ex machina. If the universe was simpler, the ending could have been much more satisfying. Brotherhood does not deal with the internal logic of its own universe in a satisfying way, and the result is a lot of late-game contrivances.

(2) Brotherhood contains a lot of shounen tropes that leave a bad taste in my mouth. From Ed's constant raging, to "save the world, get the girl", to the villains coming clean in the end. Some, but not all, shounen-isms I can only enjoy in the context of comedy/parody; Brotherhood has quite a few of these.

(3) Much of the comedy is awkward and ill-timed, especially in the first half of the show.

(5) Ed and Al are annoying and uninteresting. They mostly go around shouting about their goals and lofty principles (Never give up!); they rarely, if ever, pause to seriously consider the feelings and ideas of other people, and this betrays their childishness. Their rigid moral positions—for example, "Leave no man behind, even if it means more deaths!" or "I won't use power that was created by sacrificing lives, even though those lives aren't coming back!"—lead to clear contradictions and are frankly silly. Then again, they are kids.

All that said, Brotherhood was still a fun ride. I don't regret watching it.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 8, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
Oh yeah, one more thing to add. I'm not sure what to make of Winry. I really like her, but part of me wonders if her character is too dependent on Ed for definition. Her essential goal seems to be Ed's happiness, rather than her own; she waits and worries for Ed, becomes a skilled auto-mail mechanic (at least partially) for Ed, she serves as Ed's bombshell love interest, and she doesn't voice her opinion very often. I realize that this is only one angle, so my opinion isn't set in stone.

Are feminist theories clouding my judgement, or am I on to something?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 11, 2015 2:39 AM

Sep 2013
this was soo good, it might have ruined any future shonen for me
Mar 19, 2015 4:28 PM
Mar 2015
I told myself say I'd watch only one episode then I would stop, but nope I couldn't stop watching!!! I'm still in awe, I just can't believe FMA Brotherhood was that awesome.
Mar 19, 2015 6:31 PM

Nov 2014
Really loved this anime.Perfection 10/10.The story was unique and complex with no lose ends and everything links to one another,beautiful.The music was really fitting for this anime,loved all the OPs and EDs.Ending left a great taste in my mouth.Wish there was more of this.
Mar 28, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2014
Finished this a few days ago, here are my final thoughts.

Story: The overarching story was great. The whole journey, learning things about the universe was very intriguing. However, the show needed a long time to set up. That alone wouldn't be a problem but I thought a lot of the sub plots were fairly boring. I caught myself being distracted by something else often times during episodes. It's sad because it could have been so much better if all of the sub plots would have been interesting. Gladly, the climax of the main story made up for it. Freaking 15 episodes or more for the climax. There were some boring moments and scenes that felt like they try to force drama but overall it was really really great. I also liked the ending and the way Al got his body back (was a bit of a Fairy Tail wasn't it? hue). The last wrap-up episode was ok but it left me with a lot of open questions about some characters.

Characters: Some great characters (such as Scar, Mustang, Riza, Ling, Greed, Lan Fan....), a lot of ok'ish side characters and some really annoying ones (Winry, May, Goldtooth Doctor, Joki....). I was ok with the cast overall but I wished some characters would have gotten more screen time. Sadly, I didn't like the main lead. Ed and Al were annoying most of the time. They had their moments but they were far and few in between. On a less serious note: Winry x Ed scene in the end but no Mustang x Riza or Ling x Lan Fan? What's wrong with the writer?

Music/Art: Music was great, however it was not always used very well. Some inserts were abrupt, some scenes had some over dramatic music etc. Art was well done imho, especially for the characters.

Comedy/Drama: I didn't like the comedy in this one. I thought it was rather repetitive as it was always the same in its core: Either a joke about a character trait or intentionally bad drawing/sudden screaming. I didn't laugh once I was past episode 10 or so. The drama was so-so. Some things were really touching, especially in the finale (for example, the scene where Fu and Buccaneer died, Ling looked for someone to heal them and they gave command to kill all those soldiers with the machine guns, that was powerful). On the other hand, a lot of drama in the sub plots only screamed "hey, I'm drama" but it wasn't touching (for example that whole blown up Nina thing).

Overall it was very good but the climax definitely safed this show because it was infinitely better than the rest. What I don't understand is the hype around it. I thought it must be rank 1 on MAL for a reason (although MAL rankings, I know...) but after watching it I don't think it's something really special that stands out.
Apr 2, 2015 7:53 PM
Dec 2013
overhyped as hell doesn't deserve the Nr1 spot

a generic Shounen through and through
FMA is a lot better (sadly since this show happened the former gets bashed)
Apr 18, 2015 9:15 PM

Apr 2015
I'm glad this anime had an episode 64, most end off with an episode like 63 which makes me feel as if I'm missing something.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
May 4, 2015 2:01 AM

Apr 2013
Sooo the ending was way better than in the 2003 version, same with the general storyline. But in the end it was still the same rather boring characters. 6/10
May 5, 2015 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
I thought FMAB was great but I still think the 03 FMA was better mainly because I watched that one first long ago and rewatched it twice but there's one thing I can say was better on FMAB and that was the ending loved that ED and Winry got together and had kids something the 03 sadly did not have overall FMAB gets 8/10 from me
Toshihiro_ChrisMay 16, 2015 5:40 PM
May 20, 2015 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
FMAB > FMA03 if you like good plotting, a happy and complete ending, and large casts of likeable (but shallow) characters

FMA03 > FMAB if you like mature and challenging storytelling, with characters that are not completely one-dimensional, and thematic development that doesn't indulge in self-righteous, pedantic Naruto-esque morals (referring to Naruto the character, not the show)

FMAB's story is more careful, intricate, and sensible compared to 03's myriad narrative gaps. But 03's characters are much more interesting and complex than FMAB's, and it tackles its themes with a maturity and subtlety that FMAB sorely lacks.

FMAB is a good anime. Structurally, it's superior to FMA03. But 03's content is so much richer and provocative than FMAB's is. I guess it comes down to what you prefer.
May 24, 2015 12:53 PM

Dec 2013
meh, overrated shit
BAN ME
May 31, 2015 11:58 AM
Jun 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Pu55yDestr0yer said:
meh, overrated shit

This. (but If I looked in your ratings, I think that this post is not a good reference for me...)
I really don't see anything special in this show.
Yet another shounen with happy ending, schematic characters, super stupid humour. 6/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 10, 2015 1:00 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know how many times this anime made me cry , I don't even remember how many times I teared up from a single episode,not just this episode of course. What an ending.
Jun 14, 2015 8:02 AM

Aug 2014
Very impressive! Enjoy a lot the entire story. Wish I could see more about this story in a nearly future! ^.^
This series really reserves the maximum mark and be at the TOP of all the animes!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jun 22, 2015 1:51 PM

Feb 2012
I cannot even put it into words, this was such an amazing ride. I am so glad I picked this up..
Jun 23, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
It's been 5 years since I've seen this series, it's so...so beautiful. Words cannot describe this masterpiece.
Wonder if there'll be a series that can surpass this one in the future.

FMA will always have a place in my heart.
Jul 22, 2015 4:21 AM

Jul 2014
Wow what an ending. Im glad I watched this show. So great.
Jul 27, 2015 5:02 AM

Jun 2015
Up till episode 60 it was really epic series would've probably gave it a 10 no doubt, but in last 4 eps things just went downhill with some senseless shit.

But i quite enjoyed it a lot.

Would give it 8/10.
Jul 30, 2015 1:32 PM

Oct 2014
I really liked this episode as a way to wrap up the series. It gave us a nice look at what all the main characters will be doing past the main story's end.

Mustang is going to eventually become fuhrer, and has his original team back, in addition to his eyesight, with plans to rebuild the bridge between Amestris and Ishvala.

Scar is joining Miles to aid Mustang with bringing acceptance and rebuilding the once great nation they had (plus, I think that was the first time we saw Scar smile).

Olivier retains control of the North.

Ling becomes emperor of Xing, with Lan Fan as his bodyguard, and promises to unite the clans.

Ed and Al are reunited with Winry, Ed with his original arm and Al with his whole body. Winry cries again, but this time tears of joy.

Selim is being raised yet again by Bradley's widow, and seems like a normal, genuine child this time.

Ed and Al decide to travel to learn more about the culture and types of alchemy in different areas, and found the concept of giving back more than they take.

Ed proposes to Winry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And has a family!!!!!!!!!!! And he's taller than her now!

And then they used Hologram as the ED, awesome choice. Also, Ray of Light as an insert song!

I loved the little photo slideshow at the end, that was a nice way to wrap up the episode. I wish the final picture was of Ed and Al rather than just Ed though, since it was a two person journey, not one.

Overall, I liked this low key, calmer ending to the series, and overall really enjoyed the series. The story was very good, and constantly interesting/gripping. The animation was overall pretty good (I liked the occasional uses of CG), though it did dip a couple times. The soundtrack was also very good, though some songs would get a tiny bit repetitive and the third OP and ED were lacking, in my opinion. The characters were probably the strongest suit, even if I didn't like them when they were introduced (Hohenheim, Mei) they ended up growing on me. Really made it possible to sympathize was almost everyone, and each character had their own awesome moments. Overall, I'd give Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a 9 or 10, not sure which one yet.
jdimaria3Jul 30, 2015 1:38 PM
Sep 9, 2015 11:01 AM
Jun 2014
What was that on his head?

Sep 9, 2015 11:07 AM
Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
- So as we thought it starts with covering the whatever's left of chapter 108.
- No OP, just a title screen.
- Blind Mustang looks....interesting.
- Really loving the music usage so far.
- Scar scene seemed somehow.off...
- NIce to see that they handled Lin-Mei-Ranfan scene as flashback.Its always nice to see just how much Ling changed.
- REALLY loving the music this ep. It has strong epilogue-like feeling. The music manages to make simple scenes, like Winry walking towards the door into most epic things possible.

- The roof scene :3 Love the "failed clap". and overview of landscape.
- Selim scene. I just love how Arakawa stuck the the definition of sins and that Pride can never be really killed off because it exists in all humans.
- And Grumman, the old and scary geezer got the fuhrer position.
- Al visiting Hughes wife. And I still can't believe on just how great the music in this episode is.
- EdWin scene :3 Ed's confession is the cutest thing ever XD Winry's reaction almost equals that.
- YEssssss just as I guessed. The final scene is the pictureboard. And here the most epic thing ever ends....And I am sad again...just like when the manga ended :<

Overall this was one of the most epic series of all time, beating the crappy FMA1 thousand times over. Loved how it started, how it went, how it ended.

Sadly the first ~episodes were a bit rushed and Greed arc suffered horribly, not to mention Ishval arc...but everything afterwards was just epic and awesome.

Loved all the characters till the end. FMAB had just so much bigger and deeper cast than FMA1(which focussed only on Ed and Al). Every character, even the fodder soldiers, were memorable and interesting.

Overall I can proudly say that FMA:B is best the shonen genre ever had to offer. And it will not be beat for a long long time. Scratch long. FMA:B will not be beat for till the end of reality.

Man, I wish this was the start yet again and everyone could yet again relive the series form episode 1, gasping at the twists, cheering for characters and pairings, and shaking from atmospheric and awesome scenes.

Overall this anime easily gets 10/10 from me (just as manga).

Goodbye Fullmetal Alchemist. Its so sad to see you end....You will be sorely missed and will always have place in our hearts...

--

P.S. Can't wait for whatever manga Arakawa has planned next.
What exists in all humans?

Sep 9, 2015 11:16 AM
Jun 2014
5/10, because I think it was average.

Sep 10, 2015 1:16 AM

Mar 2014
Light-Yagami-God said:
Up till episode 60 it was really epic series would've probably gave it a 10 no doubt, but in last 4 eps things just went downhill with some senseless shit.
Lol, saying something is senseless just 'cause you can't comprehend it. :3
Sep 26, 2015 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
welll.....the last episode was so damn awesome...!!
welll sad of 2 thing..1.that i wanted the ending to be a bit more longer where they could show evryones life in proper nd intresting way
2.(the most imp).the sad news is that the series has ended....such an amazing anime ever watched....gonna miss all their jokes nd the want to see the next episode thingy..
well but one thing is that ed,al,winry,mustang,hawkeye,lin,scar...etc...will be missed nd will always stay in my heart..!!!
(11/10) an extra for emtional sceness too
Oct 3, 2015 5:21 AM

Oct 2014
Ranked 1 deserved, my favorite anime of all time. 10/10

Now, what to do with my life :D
Oct 4, 2015 8:56 AM
Sep 2013
9/10.
The ending felt a little bit too rushed. I would have loved if they showed a little bit more of what happens to the all of the people after the end.

Also, series felt average at best till around episode 20 or so.
Oct 9, 2015 7:28 AM

Nov 2010
Doctor035 said:
Ranked 1 deserved, my favorite anime of all time. 10/10

Now, what to do with my life :D

Be depressed as there will never be another show like this again.
Oct 13, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
I am happy Havoc was able to walk again and Roy got his vision's back! Really nice!
So beautiful when Winry see the boys!
Selim all cute, such a gentle kid, let's hope he stays that way...
OMG! Ed's proposing to Winry was really funny LOL "I will give you half of my life, so you give me half of yours"! hahaha
Their kids are so beautiful! So happy! I wish there was one more episode dedicated to Ed's and Winry's kids! 10/10!
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys, did you hear? It was 9.39, and now it is 9.38.

Eagleact - 37 minutes ago

3 by Nyamaste »»
13 minutes ago

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.