Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 17, 2018 3:43 PM
Dec 2014
This show characters are as stupid as Code Geass characters.
Nov 24, 2018 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
What a sad end for Sakuragi, and I don't say it because it was moving. I mean, it was, but more than that it was depressing, and frustrating. Sakuragi was biding his time to avenge Hagino, he was wronged, humiliated, and almost killed. He had the proof he needed to make those two pay, but he let go of it, hoping that they would just disappear from their lives, but he was so wrong, Ishihara, that piece of scum, pretty much killed him, and Sasaki was there, overjoyed as those clueless soldiers finished their job, it was so insufferable to see him so happy for getting rid of the one who was going to expose him.

Then there was the time skip, it came sooner than what I expected, but everyone is doing well, and, thankfully I guess, they aren't able to move on, they want to make Sasaki, and Ishihara pay like Sakuragi once wanted before giving in. Ishihara is pretty much a living corpse now, and even though this is a punishment worse than death or prison, it's still really insufferable, and frustrating because he was the one who brought it upon himself, now after all that he did, is he supposed to be left alone like that, without people ever knowing it? What about Kumagai's family? He had one I suppose, what about Hagino's mother? What about Hagino? What about Sakuragi? Sakuragi should've ended it on the night he died, there's no point in pursuing Ishihara now, and he will never 'truly' pay for what he did, I don't really want to see Mario dirtying his hands like this now, it feels so purposeless.

But now, that demon Sasaki is higher than ever, he is entering politics, and there is still merit in making him fall. I just hope Uncovered will be smart enough to destroy him completely by somehow exposing him, like he seems to be aiming for, after making Sasaki aware of their presence, and not by committing a crime that would make them all go to prison again. I don't know what to expect now, I just hope they won't become a Sakuragi 2.0, Ishihara is done, but I'm sure that even now Sasaki is still scarring, and abusing people, and if he isn't, he shouldn't be allowed to play the role of a decent human being like this.
Jan 15, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2013
Fucking knew it, man... fucking knew Anchan wouldn't make it through this ordeal. Fuck, man.

It was pretty unnerving how the group was doing the Japanese friendship meme over killing Joker and the hentai doc together. At the same time, man, do I wanna see Joker get shanked.

It also JUST NOW occurred to me he's been shooting up with heroin, not some "I'mma fuck up Anchan" steroid.

We're not even half way through the series... feels like the next episode should be the end of a one cour anime. I've no idea what's going to happen after this.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 9, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
Dude FUCK THIS ANIME. Its not that I am disliking it so far, but Sakuragi's death was fucking painful. Even if he was extremely confident and didn't drop that knife, all those things fit into his personality, because if he killed Ishihara, he would be exactly the same as him and that doctor fucker when they forced Hagino to commit suicide. He looked confused by the blood loss so he may not hear the advices that the police and those soldiers told him.

I'm loving this so far.
Apr 2, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2016
This was bound to happen, but the events which lead up to Sakuragis death were way too contrived for me to fully enjoy them. Not saying that I didn't feel anything or that I dislike the series as a whole due to that, it's still quite the opposite in fact. And it's precisely why I'm not satisfied, a series that has been so good the entire time, I expected this to be an incredibly powerful moment and yet it didn't deliver when it mattered the most.

R.I.P. Sakuragi you died as a fool.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 30, 2019 6:04 PM

Jan 2016
Sakuragi is honestly so stupid.
If he was gunna act like that he fucking deserved to get killed.

Also god damn americans and their trigger happy selves.
Why the fuck would they listen to some random telling them to kill Sakuragi?

This was one of the dumbest deaths I've ever seen. Completely unnecessary and absolutely ridiculous.
Sakuragi is a fucking moron. Top tier moron, absolute fucking moron.

You wouldn't have needed to leave your fucking friends behind had you just.... NOT BEEN STUPID.

Mario better finish Ishihara off next episode though, I swear to god he let him live Imma be soooo pissed.
Apr 4, 2020 5:59 PM

Mar 2020
Sakuragi's death was just dumb and pathetic. There was much better and more believable ways to kill him off. The writing became retarded these past few episodes.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 27, 2020 5:36 PM

Nov 2016
Why did Sakuragi just let himself die like that? He knew the soldiers would kill him if he didn't obey and that there was no chance he could see Mario's fight if he tried so why did he do it was he just that prideful? Maybe it'll be answered in the next ep cause I see ppl in the discussion saying this is where shit starts to hit the fan.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 7, 2020 3:55 AM

Dec 2017
lmao so many complaining on why the characters didnt do this and that, calling the show stupid but they are the same ppl who somehow dont even notice the extent of stupidity in shows like anohana.

Well so far it was really good but now I cant imagine what is gonna happen on the next 12 or so eps. I hope it stays good.
Also those asking why sakuragi didnt throw away the knife, ever thought about the kind of situation he was in?
karrotStickSep 7, 2020 4:10 AM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 23, 2020 3:32 AM

May 2017
I would like this anime a lot more if the characters weren't so damn stupid. Seriously Sakuragi, you're going to bet the safety of everyone in your life on the off chance that a psychotic, drug addicted, obsessive and mentally ill murderer is going to change for good and move on with his life? Are you also going to break your promise to Hagino and let Sasaki get away with all the fucked up shit he's done?

This anime started off really good but this episode felt like a generic shounen, where the overly compassionate characters let a villain off the hook, only to get bitten in the ass later on.

Sakuragi's death also felt lazy.
Overcast93Oct 23, 2020 3:38 AM
Dec 28, 2020 9:42 PM

Nov 2012
"Sakuragi wouldn't want you to kill him." - I figured as much, keep Mario moral just and give Ishihara "a faith worse than death" by keeping him alive. I'm certain he won't kill him.
Apr 2, 2021 6:08 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Not sure what's worse, his death or the people in this forum who are too dumb to understand why he couldn't drop the knife.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Apr 18, 2021 8:25 PM

Aug 2018
Oh my god!
I was not expecting Sakuragi to die. This is just so sad... and he was about to get married to that cutie Setsuko. Aww cmon...

Jun 15, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2020
So I was about to drop it - thought I'd just watch this so see if Sakuragi really dies.

But the time skip saved it for me. Characters are acting as stupid as ever, but I'm excited to see how their revenge will go. It's hopefully a little more satisfying than the first half.
Aug 19, 2021 2:26 PM

Oct 2019
I´m really liking this anime so far and Sakuragi was such a great but COME ON!!! His death was pretty much the most stupid and unnecessary thing I have seen in an anime for a really long time. JESUS! It seriously pissed me off that such a great character ends up with an extremely pathetic death.
Oct 1, 2021 1:00 PM

Jul 2010
The idiot survived being beaten by baton, getting lynched, starving, hypothermia, getting attacked with a gun, and getting stabbed in stomach. But he could not survive stupidity. At least think of all the people who try to make you survive, and who will feel like shit after you die. What an idiot. Thinking about it, he was the cause of everything that happened to him. If he just stayed low until he got out, or if he just handed that death will to police, everything would be resolved peacefully and lawfully.

Fucking idiot.
OonokamiOct 1, 2021 1:03 PM
Oct 31, 2021 4:38 AM

Apr 2020
Damn... Sakuragi died.

Setsuko with long hair? damn she looks so damn cute
Feb 18, 2022 8:14 PM

Sep 2014
bro wtf how can he die like this halfway? What a waste of a character.
This was pretty addicting until they came out of jail/time skip now it feels like a different anime..

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Apr 24, 2022 2:36 AM
Dec 2020
Guess they'll come up with a master plan to avenge An-chan's death
Aug 4, 2022 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
What the hell! I have to say, I've never watched an anime that made me so pissed over characters. Rainbow definitely deserves a recognition for that. Sasaki is a huge scum. I just want this fricking bastard whose value is worse than trash to die a horrible death.

I kind of expected Anchan's early death but not in this way. He was a tough man considering the immense suffering he has been through but his ignorant decision to spare fricking Ishihara's life ended him. What a tragic way to execute a great character. I honestly felt mad about his death. I hope Mario and the rest of the gang can bring justice to Anchan's death.
Aug 14, 2022 2:18 AM
Jun 2021
The most stupidest anime ever with stupid characters , its like only the antagonist have some brain cells while all others are dumb to the core. cant believe this anime is rated 8.5 when it doesnot even deserve 6.5 , i watched this anime since many told its most underwatched / underrated anime , in the end i found this to be overrated anime . dropping it this episode , even 5 year old have better brains.
Sep 22, 2022 4:45 AM
Dec 2021
Hits the feels. The villains are so well written. Why did An-chan have to die tho :(
Jan 13, 2023 2:50 PM

Jan 2021
It's weird watching it when the MC is dead halfway through
Mar 3, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2022
These two last episodes were shit. Sakuragi's IQ literally dropped to single digits. His death was so easily avoidable. 
Mar 11, 2023 8:17 AM
Jul 2020
fuck you fuck you d
Sep 16, 2023 7:14 PM

Aug 2016
Wow, what a dumb death. The villains win again and the rapist is trying to become a politician…very realistic. Now I’m thinking they will all end up dead. Anchan was basically the main character / focus and now we’re left with the backups. I hope they’re interesting enough because I’m tired of Mario. Maybe Jou will get more screen time?
Sep 21, 2023 7:53 AM

May 2020
Reply to WMR
Wow, what a dumb death. The villains win again and the rapist is trying to become a politician…very realistic. Now I’m thinking they will all end up dead. Anchan was basically the main character / focus and now we’re left with the backups. I hope they’re interesting enough because I’m tired of Mario. Maybe Jou will get more screen time?
@WMR I explained it in another topic here. You need to continue to the anime if you liked it so far. In terms of serious friendship this is the best one imo.
Sep 21, 2023 1:33 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to defaulticus
@WMR I explained it in another topic here. You need to continue to the anime if you liked it so far. In terms of serious friendship this is the best one imo.
@defaulticus I won’t be quitting :D But Anchan was my favourite character. I’m (mostly) loving this anime so far. I’m also reading the manga so that I can finish the story after the anime.
Ps. We’re about the same age! I’m 1987 lol I don’t see that much on the site.
Sep 22, 2023 3:37 AM

May 2020
Reply to WMR
@defaulticus I won’t be quitting :D But Anchan was my favourite character. I’m (mostly) loving this anime so far. I’m also reading the manga so that I can finish the story after the anime.
Ps. We’re about the same age! I’m 1987 lol I don’t see that much on the site.
@WMR :) yeah it is rare to see people who are around 30s or 40s in this website.

Anime didn't cover whole manga btw. You need to continue to the manga. I am not a manga fan but i will try to read it to the end too
Oct 7, 2023 2:22 AM

Sep 2017
so dude is dead

sakuragi wtf man

they just killed him for nothing, he let go of confession, failed to kill guard with gun, he pulled knife for no reason, didnt surrender to police for his safety..

Revenge plot its just meaningless now.

EDIT: Dropped

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 7, 2023 6:26 AM

May 2020
Reply to JeremiahOrange
so dude is dead

sakuragi wtf man

they just killed him for nothing, he let go of confession, failed to kill guard with gun, he pulled knife for no reason, didnt surrender to police for his safety..

Revenge plot its just meaningless now.

EDIT: Dropped
@JeremiahOrange

this is feels focused anime. If you didnt like it so far, then it is better for you to drop atm my friend <3
Melodramatic side of this anime is not for everyone's like.
Dec 27, 2023 8:27 AM
Dec 2023
Just dumb and stupid how they killed him. It doesn't make any sense. The police told him to drop the knife, then after a few minutes the soldiers. But for some reason, he decided not to drop it. Suicide by cop? Stupid as fuck.
Mar 22, 6:06 AM
Aug 2013
I don't get the hate for this death... for starters he was already stabbed and would've died even if they didn't shoot him. There was no ambulance around he would've been unalived af from the stab wound he got. And it makes no difference if he dropped the knife or not, he would die anyway. People who are mad at this, well I guess you don't like realistic anime because this is very realistic and this happens in real life all the time. And people say the knife wound wasn't fatal, mate there's vital organs where he got stabbed it hit the vitals...got him right in the liver. RIP

10/10 Masterpiece episode
~AnimeDownUnder~

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - May 25, 2010

105 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 18, 2010

88 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.