Forum Settings
Forums

14 Year Old Boy Arrested For Uploading One Piece Scans To Youtube [Update Jun 15]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2010 1:27 AM
Dec 2008
What's up with every other person in this thread saying he deserved to get arrested for pirating, if you don't like pirating get off of the internet.
Jun 14, 2010 1:32 AM

Apr 2008
And here I thought that minors can't be arrested.

Jun 14, 2010 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
Xavierxenon said:
Why are people sympathising with someone who has broken the law? They are in place for a reason and if broken, no matter how old the person breaking it is, they should be punished accordingly.

Also, like everyone, lol at the idiot uploading manga to youtube.

You'd be surprised at the reason for some laws. Also, just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.

Jun 14, 2010 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
Sylpheed said:
they can be arrested, thhey just cant go to prison
Jun 14, 2010 1:42 AM
Feb 2009
Relunx said:
"He did smth against the LAW, must be punished" yeah, yeah, you guys spoke like you guys didn't even break any single fucing law in your entire life. Pathetic.
(As if you guys some kind of holy saint guy)

I think he got what he deserves, not because he broke the law but because he is an idiot.
Jun 14, 2010 1:46 AM

Aug 2008
loli_slayer said:
Why for fucks sake someone is uploading manga to youtube ?!

That's the real question here.
Jun 14, 2010 1:47 AM

Oct 2007
d4n13lr0x said:
Honestly, I feel bad for this dude. I mean come on, he's 14. And besides, the funny thing about these people calling him an idiot and laughing at him, is that you're even worse: You're on your computer watching/reading anime/manga for FREE. Yet, when you hear some other person got caught for doing something that supplies you ungrateful wisecracks you just laugh and point as if it's something that only idiots would do. THAT is what is pathetic. Yeah, go ahead point and laugh till your sources of anime and manga finally shrivel up and die off, till there's nothing else to do but buy it yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this kid. He's done something wrong and is in trouble for doing it for whatever reasons. But the response I've read to it is just pitiful and disgusting.
Welcome to the world of the internet where nobody gives a shit about anyone at any age at any time at any where around the world. Hope you found your happy place
Jun 14, 2010 1:53 AM

May 2008
14 year old getting in trouble for this.....It makes more sense that someone on the inside gave him the scans. well anyway i just hope that he will be ok.
Jun 14, 2010 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
d4n13lr0x said:
Honestly, I feel bad for this dude. I mean come on, he's 14. And besides, the funny thing about these people calling him an idiot and laughing at him, is that you're even worse: You're on your computer watching/reading anime/manga for FREE. Yet, when you hear some other person got caught for doing something that supplies you ungrateful wisecracks you just laugh and point as if it's something that only idiots would do. THAT is what is pathetic. Yeah, go ahead point and laugh till your sources of anime and manga finally shrivel up and die off, till there's nothing else to do but buy it yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending this kid. He's done something wrong and is in trouble for doing it for whatever reasons. But the response I've read to it is just pitiful and disgusting.

I agree.

The sad part is he'll probably receive more punishment than a kid his age deserves, especially when compared to people who have done worse things and get off easy.
BlackWings said:
Welcome to the world of the internet where nobody gives a shit about anyone at any age at any time at any where around the world. Hope you found your happy place

Almost, but not quite.
Jun 14, 2010 2:04 AM

Apr 2010
lol
they just do stuff like this every once in a while to scare people...
anyways serves the little shit right he should have been more sneaky...
be like a ninja like be one with the internet good sir...
kid fucked up he didnt like aline his kai properly
his fungshui was all off and what not...
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jun 14, 2010 2:07 AM

May 2010
hohohohohohohoho hehehehehehehehehe

was he doing it just to be cool?

enerjak said:
OMG so the police in japan dont have any things better to do than arest a 14 year old boy for uploading manga, instead of other crimes

lol
thats it the worlds breakdown has begun, next they arrest a granny for clapping a dog on the head

a crime is a crime
Fiction Responsibly
Jun 14, 2010 2:09 AM

Oct 2009
I guess you could say they sank his pirate ship. Or something.
Jun 14, 2010 2:18 AM
Nov 2008
34 said:
Sylpheed said:
No, only juvenile hall.
Jun 14, 2010 2:23 AM

Dec 2009
Wow, I can't believe this. I feel sorry for him too. But how did he got them before release date is what I'm wondering about.
Jun 14, 2010 2:36 AM

Sep 2009
I feel a bit sorry for him. He can't have been very bright.
Jun 14, 2010 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
well he should ave stayed anon...not a bright fellow ,still feel sorry for em
Jun 14, 2010 2:47 AM

Feb 2008
Seems a tad harsh.

But really. Who would want to 'watch' manga on youtube? I can only imagine the quality being terrible.
Jun 14, 2010 2:52 AM

Jul 2006
LucySky said:
Seems a tad harsh.

But really. Who would want to 'watch' manga on youtube? I can only imagine the quality being terrible.
People have made friggin AMVs from manga scans. Like seriously.

Jun 14, 2010 2:55 AM
Jun 2010
Kyoto Police High-Tech Crime Office

I can see Motoko Kusanagi bursting through his window and him being flown off on a Section 9 Heli w/ a black bag over his head.
Jun 14, 2010 2:59 AM
Sep 2008
LucySky said:
Seems a tad harsh.

WATCHING MANGA IS HARDKOR MAN. By that I mean it's stupid seeing you can't even read the letters with the pixels as huge as freaking legos. And I don't mean the small ones. I mean the duplo blox for 1 and 2 year olds.

Jokes aside, I don't see why some people are condemning others for laughing at the person who got caught... I mean, yeah, we can't all say we're innocent when it comes to pirating, but dear god, lulz were had for most of us. Get over it.
Jun 14, 2010 2:59 AM
Jun 2010
Onibokusu said:
34 said:
Sylpheed said:
No, only juvenile hall.

In the US anyway, minors can, indeed, go to jail. It is entirely at the discretion of the judge at sentencing.
Jun 14, 2010 3:14 AM
Dec 2007
Haha~~
Jun 14, 2010 3:35 AM
Apr 2010
There are pedophiles and murderers everywhere, and the police are worried about manga scanning? HA.
Jun 14, 2010 3:37 AM
Jun 2010
StellarCombo69 said:
LucySky said:
Seems a tad harsh.

Jokes aside, I don't see why some people are condemning others for laughing at the person who got caught... I mean, yeah, we can't all say we're innocent when it comes to pirating, but dear god, lulz were had for most of us. Get over it.

Well, in all honesty, I do feel bad for him, at 14 you really have no concept of a complicated area of the law like copyright infringement.

Another thing you guys need to remember is, just because you are arrested for something doesn't mean you will actually be convicted.

Just last year a 19 year old was charged with conspiracy to commit copyright infringement by the Kyoto task force and he had a fine of 3 million yen as his punishment, but that ruling was over turned by the Osaka High Court.

Since this guy is 14, his case will likely wind up there if the lower court rules against him (assuming he is in the Kansai region).

I was actually surprised to find that the Diet (Japan's Parliament) criminalized copy right infringement. More particularly, they recently criminalized the civil violation of a publishers right to transmit a copyrighted work, which is what I'm sure this kid was charged with instead.

On a COMPLETELY unrelated topic, I skimmed the Japanese Criminal Code thinking I would find sentencing guidelines or fines there for this...either the version I found is outdated or its in another code, BUT, I did find out that in Japan, if you are a guy, you can't be raped...only a victim of sexual indeceny. So if you are a girl, your rapist gets a minimum of 3 years imprisonment w/ work w/ no maximum specified, if you are a guy, your attacker can be sentenced to 6 months - 10 years. Kinda lame for victims rights.

FYI, the Criminal Code of Japan can be found @ http://www.cas.go.jp/jp/seisaku/hourei/data/PC.pdf
Jun 14, 2010 3:38 AM
Mar 2010
mung said:
LOL I have a huge doubt about this story

I find it hard to believe that a 14 yr old kid could get his hands on those manga without the publishers knowing :)) (I thinks it's a conspiracy)

Don't underestimate japaneses! haha

Poor kid
Jun 14, 2010 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
Leaked material... Youtube... Twitter...
Common sense? wuzzdat?

Jun 14, 2010 4:26 AM

Jan 2009
darn the poor kid i cant believe no one advise him to take precautions before he got caught
Jun 14, 2010 4:27 AM

May 2008
I'm more interested to know how a 14 year old kid got them before release in the first place.
Jun 14, 2010 4:37 AM

Oct 2009
Tegami said:
I'm more interested to know how a 14 year old kid got them before release in the first place.

this! but honestly, you'd think he wouldn't be stupid enough to upload it onto YouTube, hell. why would you even upload it in videos?
Jun 14, 2010 5:26 AM

Dec 2009
DestinySora said:
Wow, I can't believe this. I feel sorry for him too. But how did he got them before release date is what I'm wondering about.

thats what im thinking >.>
Jun 14, 2010 5:28 AM

Jul 2008
eatmymagnum said:
Tegami said:

this! but honestly, you'd think he wouldn't be stupid enough to upload it onto YouTube, hell. why would you even upload it in videos?

ya its completely stupid,well go check on youtube there are tons of videos like that
Jun 14, 2010 5:36 AM

May 2008
GennyMon said:
DestinySora said:

thats what im thinking >.>

Me too, perhaps he belongs to a family of someone related to Shounen Jump?
Jun 14, 2010 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
Beautiful.

Just beautiful.
Jun 14, 2010 6:10 AM

Sep 2008
chinlamp said:
Just saw this on ANN about 15 minutes ago.

Strange how he got the manga before it was even released, guess that's the first thing the police are gonna investigate.

Scans are always coming out before the official release, it's not that strange.
Jun 14, 2010 6:15 AM

Mar 2009
Wonder how many more people are going to get arrested.
Jun 14, 2010 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
They're coming, oh shit...Hope anime raws are gonna last a litttle longer
Jun 14, 2010 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
They're coming, oh shit...Hope anime raws are gonna last a litttle longer
Jun 14, 2010 6:31 AM

May 2010
good thing he wasn't uploading anything special.
sucks to be him.
Jun 14, 2010 6:31 AM

Apr 2010
lol i wanted to see all that free stuf on naruto but all that was delited ....
Jun 14, 2010 6:37 AM

Jul 2009
kisami said:

i think the real question is where was he getting his sources.

second thing is, him using youtube was indicative of how clueless or naive he was.

if they make an example out of him, which they probably will, it will have been unfortunate. i think they should just scare him for a bit and then send him on his way.

yeah,its not so hard to find out,that he must be some relative of the magazine/mangaka.
anyway,i think ,he really IS stupid to download it to the most viewed site.
and also its surprising how they dont have better things to do,then arrest a kid for such a things-.-
its such an unfortunate accident.
Sango_chan_desuJun 14, 2010 6:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2010 6:37 AM
Jan 2010
baka.
why upload to youtube?
why post it on twitter?
foolish fools.
Jun 14, 2010 6:42 AM

Mar 2009
doeman said:
serves him right. all these damn pirates who upload and download anime should be sent to jail!

period?
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Jun 14, 2010 6:51 AM

Apr 2008
Romeodeaths said:
doeman said:
serves him right. all these damn pirates who upload and download anime should be sent to jail!

period?

i am pretty sure every single person on this forum has at downloaded/streamed anime/manga at least once in their life
Jun 14, 2010 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, reading a few pages of this thread reminds me of YT comments. Just without the "first!", but already the "you're gay". Ahh YT comments.
Jun 14, 2010 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
sucks being him
Jun 14, 2010 7:06 AM

Oct 2009
Lulz worthy
Jun 14, 2010 7:15 AM
Dec 2009
Wow. Poor kid. >_<
Jun 14, 2010 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
doeman said:

Damn you Faggot!
Jun 14, 2010 7:49 AM

Jan 2010
He shouldn't have done that. Now he might end up not having going to college because of that. Scanlator should learn what would happen if you try to scanlate manga and doing it illegally, you'll be hunt down and arrested. Same thing will probably happen in USA, but involving FBI.
Jun 14, 2010 7:55 AM
Mar 2009
JusticeGundam said:
sayami said:
Poor boy, and of course police has nothing else to do...
I blame the gun laws. They are way too strict and not enough people are dying from them.

I also always *facepalm* whenever I see mangas uploaded to youtube. IT. MAKES. NO. SENSE.

MANGAS ARE MEANT FOR READING, NOT WATCHING.

All thats missing from that statement is a Chewbacca insert.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
10 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.