Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 18, 2010 12:00 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, so Scar's brother was a motherfucking genius. He had a HUGE impact on the counterattack.

And I'm surprised Kimblee did that final move of his. He's gonna die too if Selim loses his homunculi powers.
Jun 18, 2010 3:23 PM

Jan 2009
ChronosXIII said:
He's gonna die too if Selim loses his homunculi powers.
Well technically he's already dead, since his body and all was consumed. His soul's all that's left of him you know~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 18, 2010 6:35 PM
Sep 2009
ChronosXIII said:
And I'm surprised Kimblee did that final move of his. He's gonna die too if Selim loses his homunculi powers.

He did die, because Pride did lose his homunculus powers. All that's left is the original Selim's soul, which Pride had been using as a physical container.
ChainsawAshJun 19, 2010 3:14 AM
Jun 18, 2010 6:35 PM

Apr 2009
silent_killer said:
this is the extended preview for the next episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlvn6DwiIk

Oh no, it's removed, sad day for me D:
Jun 18, 2010 9:52 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, but the voice of young father doesn´t feel right at all. Also, people getting their life force, that whole scene felt cheesy to me. That aside, the continuation fight between Scar and Bradley... Amazing!
Jun 19, 2010 6:22 AM

Sep 2006
mundo said:
hasyly said:
Tecu said:
hasyly said:
well all is ok but I dont understand one thiing..
what did these souls from the Philosopher's Stone? why they were all restored to life?
I saw only one big tornado and I thought only "WTF what's going on :O"

Hohenheim's nation-wide transmutation circle activated by the solar eclipse, duh.

sounds a bit strange...

Its explained better in the manga. Basically a soul and its body are naturally attracted to each other, like how Barry's mindless body wondered back to his soul, and it takes a tremondous force to seperate the two. Even once there seperated it takes nearly as much effort to keep them seperate, which is why Al kept being drawn back to his body. Since the souls in Father were struggling to free themselves, all Hohenheim had to do was use one giant transmutation to free the souls, and becuase of instinct they automatically traveled back to their bodies.

This is one explanation that is sorely lacking in the anime. It can bepretty confusing since Hoenheim didn't explain anything about his reverse-circle. Other than it's a large circle that uses a really big shadow, and is supposed to counter Father's. How does one expect a anime watcher to understand?!
Jun 19, 2010 9:08 AM
May 2008
I'm a bit disappointed by this episode, like others have said most things weren't explained as well as in the manga. It's not surprising really, since that has been the case through most of this adaption.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 19, 2010 10:01 AM
Jun 2010
I think they rushed some of the parts of the episode.
Jun 19, 2010 6:13 PM
Mar 2008
Can someone explain to me what is going on? I am getting very confused about this reverse circle. What exactly is that? And, what were they talking about the earths crust blocking energy? Did Father dumb down alchemy in Artemis? Ugh this really wasnt explained well, or bad translation I dont know.. :(
"I know not what World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will surely be fought with sticks and stones."
Jun 19, 2010 11:11 PM

Aug 2008
Oh wow. If God Homunculus can create suns in his palm, then maybe the Sun was created by another God. Also, that'll nicely explain how alchemy truly works, and all the concepts of the world where Al's body resides at. This world of theirs, Earth (not sure if that's what's called in canon), could be one in many that have existed. Multiple ends & rebirths, all caused by many iterations of Ultimate Beings, like God.
Jun 20, 2010 3:03 AM

Oct 2008
Andrew05151 said:
Can someone explain to me what is going on? I am getting very confused about this reverse circle. What exactly is that? And, what were they talking about the earths crust blocking energy? Did Father dumb down alchemy in Artemis? Ugh this really wasnt explained well, or bad translation I dont know.. :(

please read the posts before yours . . . Ppl have explained it here . And if you still don't understand , you can ask me :)
Jun 20, 2010 6:42 AM

Apr 2010
Father's voice was kinda awkward for me,I was kind of expecting that his voice would change as his container was now a young look-alike Edward lad.
NOYPI KA BA??? THEN CLICK ME NOW NA!!!

Jun 20, 2010 6:46 AM

Oct 2008
I know this is not the right place to post this , but where is the episode 62 discussion thread .
Jun 24, 2010 9:42 AM
Apr 2009
Whoo amazing episode. Although im really confused..Its kinda random. Hohenheims friends come (Which is shown in like half an episode before) fma actually doesn't do a lot, it feels random tbh his friends suddenly stopping him even though they might have explained it a little, or I just havn't payed attention.

I loved the kimblee scene. Man when he took of his hat at the end and walked away, thats priceless lol. I love scenes like that. <:
Jun 24, 2010 11:54 PM

Mar 2009
Well, I had been wondering why they said before that Amestris alchemists had something weird... glad they explained it in this ep, finally.
Jul 3, 2010 8:30 PM

Jun 2008
Well, fuck, that was stupid. Shounen animes are infamous for arbitrary explanations and stupid shit like "true forms", but come on. I expected more from this.
Jul 11, 2010 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Wow this is just truly beyond epicness. I am amazed, unlike Kimbley which is unamazed by Pride's action, lol. Don't know what to say since I am stunned of what I see.

Oh and father looks hot with that body. <3
Oct 12, 2010 9:26 AM

Feb 2009
Just watched the Scar/Bradley fight scene again.

Man, this really puts into perspective how far superior a fighter Bradley is to everyone else in the series.

Remember, Scar is easily one of the 2 or 3 best fighters in the series, and by a good margin. For instance, look at episode 5 where it took an exceptional combat alchemist like Armstrong everything he had to not get -killed- by Scar.

Now you have Scar at full health, with a literal ace up his sleeve in the reconstruction tattoo, up against a half dead Bradley without his Ultimate Eye, and it still took everything he had PLUS a major stroke of luck (Bradley getting blinded from the light from the sun) for Scar to BARELY escape with his life and win.
ArnoldKOct 25, 2010 9:39 AM

Oct 23, 2010 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
Indeed. Bradley was hands down my favorite character in this series. I was sad to see him go, but it was inevitable. The plot dictates that the villains must die. At least he went out like a champ.
gmsephirothNov 1, 2010 12:49 AM
Dec 2, 2010 6:45 PM

Dec 2008
Father is HOT!!
Why is it that the two homonculi that talked all this shit and were so bad ass turned out to have true forms that were just a piece of shit? Envy was an ugly pint-sized lizard and Pride was a thumb-sized infant!! WTH???
Kimblee, your final scene was pimptastic!!
Mar 29, 2011 4:34 PM

Mar 2010
this episode had everything from action too some emotional convos just amazing

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 26, 2011 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
King Bradley , thank you , sir ! That's how you do a villain's death ! King Bradley made the show ! Great character..

Kimblee's appereance was just random and made no sense for me. They should have destroyed Pride in some other way.

About Father.. i really don't care what happens anymore. If he kills somebody important and Mustang remains blind , then i'll be happy.
May 25, 2011 8:00 AM

Oct 2010
Awesome episode. \m/

I want to see Lust's and Gluttony's true forms too.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 4, 2011 1:57 PM

Oct 2010
TyG3R said:
King Bradley , thank you , sir ! That's how you do a villain's death ! King Bradley made the show ! Great character..

Kimblee's appereance was just random and made no sense for me. They should have destroyed Pride in some other way.

About Father.. i really don't care what happens anymore. If he kills somebody important and Mustang remains blind , then i'll be happy.

I agree, Bradley's death was amazing. One of the best ways i've ever seen a villain go.

However, I disagree with your thoughts on Kimblee's appearance. They made a semi-big deal of Pride consuming Kimblee. Kimblee seemed like such a major character, there's no way he'd just go like that. The bitterness in the tempest of souls are like a melody to him, it was well done.

Great episode.

Jul 22, 2011 4:27 PM

Dec 2010
fanoultimatev2 said:
so... the last episode was all End of Evangelion and now is Rebuild of Eva 2? wow, but still, FMA was created by God itself!

also...
Great. Another firstfag. Congrats dude.

This one falls into Homo Atentionwhorius species.

...what the fuck is this faggotry???

So I'm not the only one who thought this is going in EVA style. Well, not what I expected... OK, I really expected for the people to get revived, after all Brotherhood is much softened version of FMA so there is no much drama in there. Once again, Kimbley shows up as more antihero than just villain. His appearance was just in time and it was badass.
Aug 3, 2011 12:03 PM

May 2010
Great episode!!!
Aug 10, 2011 5:14 AM
Jul 2010
Well, well, so that's why it had to be in an eclipse day! Anyway, another great episode, not much to say about it, except I'm (obviously) glad people were revived.
Aug 25, 2011 11:30 AM

May 2010
This is becoming stupid...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 18, 2011 7:39 PM

Aug 2010
SCAAAR!!!!

Bradleys death was done really well. I'm yet to see a villain die like he did.

And KIMBLEEE appeared at the perfect time. Respect to Kimblee.
Ragna92Dec 18, 2011 10:13 PM
Jan 22, 2012 4:50 PM
Jul 2008
"Darling! <3"
"Izumi!^-^"
"This is not time for happy reunions."
"T-T'"
Feb 8, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2010
Selim's true form really surprised me...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
May 19, 2012 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
So much shit happening in these episodes! Damn.
Jun 27, 2012 7:13 PM

Jun 2009
I'm glad they had one of the most memorable characters, Bradley, go down like a champ. I've never been a fan of how Pride went down, though and that didn't change here. It felt awkward.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 14, 2012 5:09 AM

May 2012
Damn so much epicness! I almost cried from happiness when all the souls returned to their body and than the baby started to cry! We now know what Hohenheim was doing crossing all those distances was quite epic that transmutation circle! And just the battle afterwards with him was just to epic, than with bradley his finally death sadly Lan Fan didn't got her revenge but at least he's death! The battle between Ed and Pride was also quite something was interesting that Kimblee interfered in everything and eventually ed won, pride's original shape was quite funny... Let's see what these last 3 episodes will give us!
Nov 23, 2012 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
yes all of the souls went back :D

Homunculus won't be able to control "God" himself :P

nice one Hohenheim!!!

Winry and others are bacl!!!!!

May Chang sure knows alot a trick or two ^^

man Scar vs King Bradley was one of the most epic battles ever!!!!

though King Bradley was basically handicap all throughout.

he's freaking strong for sure.

Scar get's stab :O

man King Bradley jst won't give up.

Lan Fan!!

guess she wasn't able to avenge her grandfather's death,

King Bradley didn't even say anything about his wife or Selim :\

a nullifying transmutation circle!!!!

guess Scar's brother knew everything right from the beginning

wow Homunculus just devouring everyone just like that.

Izumi and Sig!!!!

Riza must be sad now that she knows Roy is blind :\

but i have to wonder how will Riza and Roy cooperate :)

guess Greed wanted to kill King Bradley himself huh?

and wow Kimblee is still alive!!!!

i was actually hoping to see Kimblee vs Scar just like the first season!!!!

man i thought Ed really killed Selim!!

Selim really wanted someone to be loved just like Envy huh??

wahh Selim turned into a fetus ;)

only 3 episodes left.

let's see how this ending compares to the first season!!!
Feb 13, 2013 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
The part with Kimblee made me speechless.
Jun 29, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2012
Didn't anticipate Kimblee's reappearance! :P
Jul 30, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2012
What's with this show trying to make most of the villains look good when they're about to die? The only one I'd pity would be Bradley since he was forced to become Wrath.
Jul 30, 2013 11:07 PM

Feb 2009
I love how they brought Kimblee back here, it was brilliant. Absolutely amazing since he is such a well designed and well portrayed character.
Haha, not to mention how awesome he is saying that 'the tempest of souls was like a lullaby'. It was just perfectly done. I was seriously smiling all the way though saying 'Omg Kimblee, you're so freaking awesome!'.
Definitely one of my favourite scenes! (:
[center]
Aug 7, 2013 8:46 AM
Sep 2012
Terrible end for Wrath, way to ruin a character. (seriously what asspull weakened them?)

I thought that generic black thing was a terrible villain, and I still do, but at least he paved the way for an interesting one (god mode father)- still not an excuse to have something this bad.

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone, a sudden asspull followed by ANOTHER fucking one ruins everything in just 1 minute... what the hell is this.

Wow, great ending with Kimblee and Pride, well done. Not really a fan of how Ed just made himself a stone and crap though.

3/5
Aug 25, 2013 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
I'm kinda disappointed that Pride died
Mastery through endless repetition.
Aug 28, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
There are really tense scenes in here both mentally and phiscally...
Last homunculus finally got beaten. Sayanora Pride.
Sep 10, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
Don't forget that Greed is still with us, although he seems to be working out an arrangement with his host and he was always the most sympathetic towards humans.

Epicness continues--just three more to watch.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 19, 2013 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Pride a pee size baby...hmm..
My Candies:
Oct 29, 2013 3:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Gotta say this, as a pure fighter King Bradley had no peer. He was one scary, effective, yet extremely consistent villain.

Scar and the Ishvallans do their bit together with Hohenheim ans save Amestris, but beating Father still remains.

And the surprise moment of the episode was Kimbley making a last appearance to thwart Pride. That was unexpected.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2013
he was actually god :O
everything is so epic here. i hate seeing mustang like that i hope he can get healed.
Dec 13, 2013 9:34 PM

Oct 2013
whats the go with kimbly, didnt really expect him to 'side' against the houmculus's
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 21, 2013 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
rest in peace bradley! haha, one of my favorite villains.

Dec 29, 2013 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
the episode title was epic and remind me of one of my most favorite psp game, God Eater Burst

for the first time, Kimblee did something good
Jan 3, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2013
Now THIS episode I like ;]
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

134 by LockHowl »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeviantKaos - Apr 25, 2010

332 by mjjones0 »»
Today, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Apr 12, 2009

361 by Ronin_4011 »»
Yesterday, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

618 by Ronin_4011 »»
Yesterday, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

446 by xennotsan »»
Apr 29, 2:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.