Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like this is a short show, about half the length as the standard 24 minute episodes.

Despite the seemingly serious premise, it's actually quite lighthearted led by main characters Mimori and Shun Miller. Somehow, this anime will have to make the two carry this anime with their chemistry. They're so different in terms of character and personality so it might take some time. This has magical girl themes but seems light on that so far. Shun seems like he has a somewhat soft spot for Mimori.
Jul 9, 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
Certainly didn't except something like this from the same person who made Inuboku, that's for sure. No season two sadly, but this'll be good enough.

Legit forgot that this was a show made by Bones until I saw that non-CGI dragon lol. Right off the bat I was getting major Koiseka vibes from a couple years back. Except the two are very innocent ofc. Making for a cute couple. I skimmed through the manga before and it had like 20 chapters iirc, so these 15-minute episodes should adapt the entire manga. OP and ED are very good both musically and visually too, btw.

Cuteness overload the anime. Need at least one cute show a season and this'll be it for this season.
IzanaSolosJul 9, 7:11 AM

Jul 9, 7:01 AM

Jul 2017
Based on late mangaka Cocoa Fujiwara's latest work of an incomplete manga (she passed away in March 2015), I understand why this show is shrunk down to half the episode long. It's a shame that we won't see a continuation of Inu x Boku SS...one can hope for anything?

Lezel's OP is quite cute, and a nice song actually! The VAs' ED is decent enough.

If you remember last season's Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba Ii? a.k.a An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride, MahoAku a.k.a The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant is no different in its approach.

The evil organization, of which Mira leads that organization, he's easily on par being an archdemon of said Evil Lieutenant. But after seeing the magical girl that is Byakuya Mimori...he realizes something else: he loved her at first sight enough to entertain her. Even the slightest touch (like a forehead touch) makes Mira all the more flustered, and any praise he gets from her is all the more worth it to satiate her worries and impress her even more, with chiffon cakes and the like, while she tries to catch some sleep...and money.

For a Bones production, this is quite stellar. They don't need to go this hard, but what a surprise.
KANLen09Jul 10, 7:29 AM
Jul 9, 7:41 AM

Apr 2010
The female lead is different from what i expected but it seems interesting so far.
I wonder if it's just about giving her cake tho.
Jul 9, 8:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Didn't realize this was a short but err seems okay I guess but not much to go off yet
Jul 9, 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
Lovey dovey stuff was a given from the title but their relationship blossoming from the dude making sure she doesn't starve with spoiling her with desserts is such a sweet surprise (literally)

Also, I can't unhear Rena/Nagisa lmao
Jul 9, 8:57 AM
Feb 2020
Welp short like it said so.Kinda wish it was 6 eps with the usual length instead tbh.
Jul 9, 9:19 AM

Mar 2020
Charming and cute, but beyond that, since this is virtually just ten minutes of runtime not counting the opening and ending, there's not much to say just yet. Certainly a premise that has been seen before, but it could work nonetheless. The half length episodes won't give us much to work with, but given that the manga was unfinished because the author sadly passed away, I do hope we get a conclusion of sorts.
Jul 9, 9:37 AM
Jul 2015
Half length huh? I really adored Aho-girl which it’s been a long while since that aired.
Jul 9, 9:49 AM
Nov 2022
Very nice, I read somewhere that the anime is short-lived due to the premature death of its author, it's a shame.
Jul 9, 10:01 AM

Feb 2019
Mahou shoujo forbidden romance? We’re eating good. And it’s only a short and sweet 11 minutes. Reminds me a lot of Koiseka and ikenaikyo!

Kind of a bittersweet moment watching this as Fujiwara sensei never got to finish it and died so young 😢 .. maybe we’ll see an anime original ending. the episode itself was very sweet and I love how this all starts over the lieutenant offering her some dessert. I’m sure as time goes on we’ll see that they have a lot more in common. So far I’m enjoying their dynamic and while it’s not a new concept by any stretch, it’s Always fun getting the opposites attract romance stories.

The transformation scene is really good as well, nice to have something different from Bones. Comedy landed and the romance gag is sweet. Cute premiere!
Marinate1016Jul 9, 10:25 AM
Jul 9, 10:05 AM

Dec 2020
I can definitely feel the lieutenant. This much cuteness must be forbidd– gahh fatal damage
Jul 9, 10:09 AM

Feb 2016
rip cocoa, this anime stood out before ep1 even came out
Jul 9, 10:12 AM

Oct 2017
That was such a cute and fluffy episode. Mimori's way too adorable. Can definitely see why Mira fell for her. The classic glasses breaking scene was hilarious. Magical girl transformation sequence was beautiful. Sucks that this is half length though.
Jul 9, 10:19 AM

May 2019
I didn't realize that this is a half-length show as I was surprised when the credits suddenly started rolling but what was shown so far looks good and Mimori is a cutie.
Jul 9, 10:20 AM

Jan 2008
The hanging straps on her magical girl outfit kind of bother me. It kind of looks like a mixture of lingerie and garterbelt but she's missing the rest of her outfit or something. I guess it is based on a shonen manga so it's gotta have some of that appeal.

Well, it was kind of a cute episode, I liked the chibi moments.
Jul 9, 10:59 AM
Jan 2021
Decent first episode. Didn't realize it was half length. since the mangaka died before finishing, I wonder how far this can/will go and if they'll have to make their own ending.
Jul 9, 11:06 AM

Nov 2013
Dammit, why is this only 10min long (excluding OP/ED)??? Catchy OP.

This was surprisingly funny to me. Poor poor magical girl (literally too lol). And wtf with the cat? Is he Kyuubey's cousin or something :D? Smacking scene was hilarious.

The evil guy may kill her eventually with diabetes :D
Jul 9, 11:07 AM
Mar 2024
Surprisingly loved this. It’s so adorable. I can’t wait to see more!
Jul 9, 11:10 AM
Mar 2021
Very sweet first episode, i really enjoyed it. Already i am looking forward to the next one
Jul 9, 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Builder45
Welp short like it said so.Kinda wish it was 6 eps with the usual length instead tbh.
@Builder45 This.
Jul 9, 11:27 AM
Aug 2022
I got so confused when the episode ended so quickly but than realised this shows a shorter one than most. Overall a nice start, I like the 2 main characters designs.
Jul 9, 12:09 PM

Jan 2022
A very nice mahou shoujo transformation at the begining. A very cute magical girl, Bones cooked with this. For a first episode I like the vibe, I am excited to see what this anime has in reserve for us.
I like everything, ok
Jul 9, 12:14 PM

Dec 2023
Hopefully this stays cute and funny, nice enough first episode with an OP / ED combo I will likely never skip.

Nice to have what seems to be an adult "magical girl" for a change. I don't watch most of the magical girl shows because of ages or "old being in young body" type stuff, so I like that Mimori seems to be an adult considering her part time jobs etc, she even asks to know the age of someone trying to buy alcohol!
Jul 9, 12:22 PM

Jun 2017
Love the characters already, OP & ED rocks, animation quality is through the roof.

Such a sin they made it this short. :/
Jul 9, 1:52 PM

Jun 2023
Sweet episode (and not just the cakes)
Jul 9, 1:54 PM
Dec 2021
I loved this episode reminds me of an anime I saw years ago I don't remember the name. It will be a pleasure to follow this series with you, my fellow.
Jul 9, 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
Really funny and wholesome XD
Jul 9, 2:02 PM
Mar 2024
so very very cute, so damn sweet
Finally found my weekly fix of diabetes for this season 🥰
Jul 9, 2:20 PM

Mar 2019
Holy shit this is so adorably cute. That animation looks great, hope it stays that way.
Jul 9, 3:02 PM

Dec 2013
One of those times when I see a show an immediately think "I'm going to love it" and thankfully I loved it, Byakuya must be protected at all cost, shame about the duration. That was a lovely transformation sequence too.
Jul 9, 3:19 PM
Jun 2021
Yeah, ep1 makes it look like a perfect adaption, love it and hopes are high.

Now only pray they leave out that disgusting mistake of a chapter 13 completely, them possibly going for an original conclusion is second.
Jul 9, 3:54 PM
Aug 2018
I wasn't expecting much from this show but I laughed more in these 12 mins. than I did the whole 24 mins. of the new Deer Girl Anime, which I thought was going to be one of my favorites this season, color me surprised

p.s.
Mimori reminds me of Aharen-san which I LOVE WITH ALL MY HEART so that's a plus (òuó)b♥
Jul 9, 3:59 PM

Oct 2019
Justice has been made!!! I loved the manga when I read it years ago, and this adaptation is going pretty steady. The opening and ending are both very visually good too :')
I'd have preferred if it was full length episodes, but 12 minutes makes sense when adapting a manga with short chaptes. Anyways, Byakuya got a theme song AND HER TRANSFORMATION IS AMAZING. Overall, very excited for this.
Jul 9, 5:04 PM
Oct 2023
very funny and cute but the duration is not long enough
Jul 9, 5:09 PM

May 2015
This was very beautiful and cute. The Evil lieutenant of the evil empire trying to do his prestigious evil job but failing miserably. He's one funny guy, but you got to love how easily he just gives in anyway.
Jul 9, 6:07 PM
May 2017
Very cute and very good beginning episode! Shun and Byakuya form a lovely couple.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 9, 6:12 PM
Jun 2024
Firstly, I liked the characters, light interesting story, let's see the next ep.
Jul 9, 6:26 PM

Mar 2013
Finally, a card captor sakura Magical Girl series with romance in it...?! 😭😭😭
We finally have it guys!!!
A wholesome series!!

Damn, evil Kyubei is here...

I love the glasses guy with a cute girl character.

Unfortunately, 10mins aren't enough for an episode...

But most importantly, the theme songs are too shortened.
CrazyButNot4UJul 9, 6:38 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 9, 6:56 PM
Jul 2023
Episode is a short 12min so the premise doesn't outstay it's welcome. Really fluffy colors too.
Jul 9, 8:01 PM
Apr 2024
I love it! too bad it's really short first episode, hopefully we will get to see more in 2nd episode.
Jul 9, 8:17 PM
Jan 2020
Now Bones can't sabotage their own show and just focus on animating like a certain 25th anniversary project
Jul 9, 8:27 PM

May 2022
The humor was falling short for me up until I saw the Magical Cat smacking the Magical Girl around. Very inline with what I expect from a Magical Cat but still surprising and hilarious, and so I am in for more episodes!

I count 12 viable anime this season, most more than viable... and so this season is super impressive with the shows. I think coming off of Sou Sou No Frieren we are eating so good. Wow.. Lucky us.
Jul 9, 9:11 PM
Feb 2015
So sweet, and the visual is an eye candy, the type of short anime to lighten your day.

Thank you Cocoa Fujiwara, eventhough you're gone, you're still bestowing us with beautiful story.
jumbosanJul 9, 9:25 PM
Jul 9, 10:40 PM
Mar 2022
It’s heartbreaking knowing that the mangaka of this series, "Cocoa Fujiwara" didn't live to see her work animated. The manga itself is left unfinished at 3 volumes and the last one was released posthumously.

However it makes me genuinely happy that studio Bones still took it upon themselves to bring this project to life - almost 10 years after Fujiwara’s passing! It’s definitely their way of honouring her.

Considering all of this, I would be really surprised if they don’t bring the series to a close with an anime original ending.
Jul 9, 10:51 PM
Nov 2023
Pretty wholesome.
Jul 9, 10:53 PM
Feb 2018
Solid, decent dialogue, generic jokes but thats par for the course, cute enough
Jul 10, 12:07 AM

Nov 2023
It's pretty cute, and I really like the dynamic of the main two, but it's only about half the length of a normal episode, which is understandable.
Jul 10, 3:27 AM

Oct 2016
That was very cute! I think short-form is perfect for this kind of show, though as this was the first episode, I cannot say that it didn't leave me wanting more.

Sad to hear about the author, but based on this first episode, I am sure Bones will do this series justice.
Jul 10, 4:14 AM

Jun 2024
i wasnt expecting it to be so short, but man its so cute ^w^ esp the op, its rly pretty
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16

55 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 11:52 PM

» What is the age gap of the main romance? Does anyone know?

Ka_Kun-Moetan - Jul 9

48 by IamXale »»
Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27

36 by Ambeon »»
Yesterday, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20

37 by strawdirry »»
Aug 29, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13

60 by Wildflower3 »»
Aug 24, 2:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.