Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 5:22 AM

Nov 2019
As a keyboard warrior I pride myself on accurate punctuation and spelling... /s
What word(s) do you find hard to spell? How are they hard to spell for you? Do you find longer words harder to spell?

Personally I loathe spelling the word 'labyrinth' because it's one of those words in english that have the most absurd sound->spelling.
Jun 11, 5:43 AM

Feb 2020
oh I have many, and there's one in particular that I often use, but isn't actually on the predictive text on my pad, so have to try and Google it.
But...i actually can't remember what word it was now...so I'll instead say anticholinesterase, as my family were told all the time to ask for this test to prevent wrong diagnosis during hospital admissions (of course though we were never believed because of the cover-up & doctored medical records, but still).
Jun 11, 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
The longer the harder... either in reciting, reading, writing and so on.

In English - hmmmm I think "entertainment" is the word as I often tend to make a mistake in this word.
In Polish -
"Konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka" , 32 letters, try to not make a mistake, the meaning is a "young female citizen of Constantinople"
"Kombinować" not difficult to write nor say, but difficult to translate to someone who's not Polish as it means too many things depending on context and you'd need to understand Polish culture to truly understand that term
"wyselekcjonowany" - selected
"skategoryzować" - to categorize
"średniozmineralizowana" - medium mineralized

and I can't think of any other words either in English or Polish which would give me a trouble.
Jun 11, 5:56 AM

Sep 2016
conscientiousness
consciousness
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 11, 8:16 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
When I'm thinking about words, I'm looking up their spelling, so they're fresh in my mind now, but there's quite a few. I've gotten better at spelling, but I used to be terrible.
Jun 11, 8:31 AM
Dec 2022
Don't ask. My spelling is terrible in English and French. So, thank you, automatic spelling check. Actually, I'm functionally illiterate in Metropolitan French despite speaking a dialect of French ever since when I was a toddler.

My Mandarin is much better than those 2 languages in terms of writing.
Jun 11, 8:50 AM

Mar 2008
I have trouble remembering how to spell "scissors" and "exercise". Those words come up often enough to memorable. I have to keep writing them over and over trying to get the spell checker to recognize a word.
Jun 11, 9:08 AM

Feb 2018
i don't even try when i am chatting normally, i just type and enter/post. I have given up myslef to my dsylexia. Ironically find dsylexia hard to spell. There are many times i need to cross read sentences to correct the words i type formally.
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 11, 12:39 PM

Aug 2019
the word word is hard to me
word world fuck that shit word
it sounds world at same time

Jun 11, 1:01 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
For me it used to be words that appear to be repeating letters, like fulfillment or disappointment.

I'm glad I know how to spell them now lol
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
Jun 11, 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

ye i have to google it to spell it correct
Jun 11, 1:29 PM
best user ever

May 2022
"Phenomenal"

I don't know why, but I always spell this word wrong, because of this I never really used the word and never learned the correct spelling.

EDIT: How did I misspell "spelling" and not notice it 💀
karioka-Jun 12, 6:37 AM
Jun 11, 2:13 PM

Jul 2021
Exercise.
I always want to type it as "excercise" for some reason.
Of course I know how to spell it, but I type it wrong out of reflex.
Jun 11, 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
I don't even use spellcheck on my computer btw. Why should I?
Jun 23, 12:47 AM

Sep 2016
Name: Saoirse (pronounced Sirsha)
Jun 23, 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
Rhythm - always mixes me up somehow, it's such a weird looking word with no Vowels.
Recommend - I always get mixed up with two cc's instead of the 2 mm's
Jun 23, 1:19 AM

Feb 2024
@JaniSIr True. When I first read your post, it was a strange feeling that "c" was missing from the "correct" form.

@Zarutaku Irish names are not supposed to be written sober.

Word of hate from me: correlation. I always want to write it with a single "r" and double "l".
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 23, 1:24 AM

Jun 2024
I always mess up the words, like, "guarantee" and "necessary". There's autocorrection for sure, but when I have to write them down, I always can't seem to get it right the first time. But not always.
Jun 23, 1:45 AM

Dec 2021
There are a small few, though it's mostly because I never spent the time to correct this behavior. "Acceptably" (I often misspell it as "Acceptibly"), "Massachusetts" (I often misspell it "Massachusettes", or some other minor permutation of that fuck-up. I've lived here my whole life, and I'm still no closer to remembering how to spell it), and probably a few others.
Daviljoe193Jun 23, 1:52 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jun 23, 8:03 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
I don't even use spellcheck on my computer btw. Why should I?
@DesuMaiden what word do you find hard to spell though?
Jun 23, 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
Use spell check on your computer. Not too hard lol.
Jun 23, 8:35 AM
Jun 23, 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to ST63LTH
@DesuMaiden did you answer my question though?
@ST63LTH I just did I believe. Using spell check is easy.
Jun 23, 8:45 AM

Jun 2017
Randomly, i struggle to spell "Dilemma"

For some reason it feels correct to spell it "Dilemna"
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jun 23, 9:24 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to DesuMaiden
@ST63LTH I just did I believe. Using spell check is easy.
          
Jun 23, 2:28 PM

Jun 2019
"Labyrinth" is just the French "labyrinthe" word with an "e" missing... When English words are hard to spell, it simply means that they were stolen from Latin or French, so I do not find any of them very hard to spell.
Jun 24, 10:49 AM

Sep 2020
the word ubiquitous , pneumonia and phenomenon , i find it difficult
Jun 24, 2:47 PM

Aug 2017
Words with two or more sets of double consonants. "Mississippi" is my death sentence because I always have to think "Is it 4 Ss 2 Ps? 3 Ss 1 P? 3 Ss 2 Ps? Etc."
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
Jun 24, 2:50 PM

Dec 2022
Manoeuvre

I had to use a spell-checking feature in my Firefox browser to spell it correctly there, just as I had to every other time I tried to type "manoeuvre". The order of the vowels in "oeu" has a way of throwing you off.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

35 by Commit_Crime »»
11 minutes ago

» How Do You Respond to Anti-Feline Purropaganda?

KittenCuddler - Yesterday

11 by 0arche »»
14 minutes ago

» what's the first thing you would do if you wake up in your middle school/high school years tomorrow morning? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 23

52 by cyandaqil »»
33 minutes ago

» Do you like taking photographs/recording vids and uploading it online?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

25 by DesuMaiden »»
55 minutes ago

» Do you like the feeling of change?

Sad - Yesterday

17 by lalabella »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.