Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Mio trying to get feelings across about love made it sound sincere. Her actions speaks otherwise though. The way she just attacks nonchalantly is almost kinda creepy.

Shidou still tried to use his kissing strategy although those clones got some new defensive tactics. Westcott's desire to make a new world also makes him a huge threat this season. Well played though Shidou. I'm impressed he beat him. Mio's desire to beat with Shidou really has her cross the line...and it's sad imo.
May 22, 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
Confession is such hard thing to do.
Shidou he only uses Kiss tactics. Damm!
BD 1 Jacket released:-
Ricky16May 22, 8:03 AM
May 22, 8:13 AM
Apr 2021
Ohh god ,This episode was just painful
May 22, 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
that was unexpected
May 22, 8:31 AM
Oct 2023
The episode was excellent, very faithful to the LN. the pace is very fast, but in the LN it's exactly like that.

The animation was really good this time, no flaws to report.

The best fights to come will be for the next episode and the end of the season anyway.

The way shido beats wescott is an awesome reference!

a lot of deaths, mio causes real carnage, I think many people hate her now.
May 22, 8:38 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to benjic665
The episode was excellent, very faithful to the LN. the pace is very fast, but in the LN it's exactly like that.

The animation was really good this time, no flaws to report.

The best fights to come will be for the next episode and the end of the season anyway.

The way shido beats wescott is an awesome reference!

a lot of deaths, mio causes real carnage, I think many people hate her now.
@benjic665 from Anime trending , She went from Top 3 to Top 9
May 22, 9:00 AM

Nov 2017
Mio harvest arc is complete, next week we probably gonna get Tohka & Tenka vs Mio battle, while i'm still waiting for Shido using
, ngl i kinda disappointed with Shido vs Wescott battle, i thought they're gonna make this battle with more intense but turns out the battle is so fricking short, same case with Shido using Halvanhelev tho
May 22, 9:26 AM
Aug 2022
Still waiting patiently for
May 22, 9:29 AM

Oct 2007
Miku and Natsumi save Shidou just in time.

and that was intense. Feels like Shidou just made up that move on the spot. It's super effective against madman Westcott. LOL

anyway, Westcott was spared, but was still killed when Mio appeared. I guess Mio don't want Miku and Natsumi to run around, so backstab for a quick kill. Now Shidou is alone.

looking forward to next week! this show is so good!
May 22, 9:34 AM
Jul 2023
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
TOHKAAAAAAA
KOTORIIIIIIII
ORIGAMIIIIII

my 3 fav just died.....😭😭
May 22, 9:41 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to Phantom_373
Still waiting patiently for
@Phantom_373 She is dead.
May 22, 9:41 AM
Mar 2021
Great episode and from the preview, already can't wait for the next one
May 22, 9:42 AM
Jul 2023
Things are just so depressing to see…

Mio can’t keep getting away like this!
May 22, 9:44 AM
Aug 2022
Berch0 said:
@Phantom_373 She is dead.

May 22, 10:01 AM

May 2018
Disgust, I can only feel disgusted by this episode. They destroyed one of the best moments of the entire series and made Shidou look like a weakling as always.
The whole battle was summarized in two strikes from Shidou.

Every part of this fight has been nerfed. Shidou didn't fight and "killed" several nibelcol, instead he was easily knocked down
Halvanhelev should be much more powerful, and Westcott would have to use thousands of nibelcols to protect himself, but in the anime he easily avoids it

Kamehameha was the only good part. Although it didn't have that much meaning, since the key point was that it was unpredictable, but we didn't see Westcott predict almost anything lol
May 22, 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
When in doubt, Kamehameha it out!

The fact that Westcott made sure the Nibelcole girls came prepared for Shido's sheer harem protag energy this time (i.e. just blindfolding them) is funnier to me than it should be
May 22, 10:30 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to NiaAlexandria
Mio harvest arc is complete, next week we probably gonna get Tohka & Tenka vs Mio battle, while i'm still waiting for Shido using
, ngl i kinda disappointed with Shido vs Wescott battle, i thought they're gonna make this battle with more intense but turns out the battle is so fricking short, same case with Shido using Halvanhelev tho
@NiaAlexandria there are too many battles this season. Even movie battles are short. Plus they have to put in 3 lns in this season and a lot happens. Just he glad they chose to animate it this season. Konosuba season 3 they straight up skipped almost all the action scenes.
May 22, 10:31 AM
Mar 2024
So exciting can't wait what hhapens in the following episodes.
May 22, 10:39 AM

Nov 2019
What can I say about this episode? "Underwhelming, but does the job?" There's not much to say about this adaptation of what is supposed to be the most epic DAL moment till date.

But that being said, it's good to have Kannazuki's background finally revealed. From laughs to deaths to a Shido-unleashing-his-inner-chuuni, it's a roller-coaster that'll make script writers fall into a delirium. I feel some of Westcott's lines have been removed too? Dunno, a reread is loading I guess. At least two nice new OSTs detected, waiting for the album drop.

Next episode will touch upon one of the most important plot points, so looking forward to that.
Laplace_kunMay 22, 10:53 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 22, 10:41 AM

Nov 2019
@MaouHero

missed opportunity to frame that first sentence like a Yamai Yuzuru line!
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 22, 11:01 AM

May 2020
No way Westcott got done with this ease, like literally a super beam in the end, and that's it lol. Him being alive at this point is actually one saving grace. Though yeah, the hype wasn't it. 

Also, who would've thought a guy who likes getting stepped on by a middle schooler... was actually the same in the past too. Mio thing next, but hope this ultra mega strong beam won't have any business there.
May 22, 12:13 PM

Jun 2017
Ehhh I am really not sold on Mio being best girl when she killed all the waifus. Westcott battle was just super underwhelming in the end. :(
May 22, 12:28 PM
May 2021
Well all spirits are dead already........ and Shido literally used Kamehameha lol (Just changing the name) XD
May 22, 1:50 PM

Feb 2019
Holyy this season just keeps throwing twists at us. Without a doubt the best Date a Live has ever been. Phenomenal episode

I gotta say though, I’m kinda disappointed with Shido v Westcott. Other than the DBZ reference that was very underwhelming. Kinda reminded me of the Ninja war arc from Naruto with a matchup being built up for years only to end in an instant. Like no way a dude who has the literal power of omniscience goes down that easily?? I expected something like the last BSD arc’s climax fight..

Shido: I won’t kill you..

Mio: hehe don’t mind if I do 😭

after seeing what Westcott did in the past I have no qualms with him dying, but damn just wanted more.

Things are looking really bleak now with Mio having every spirit. Idk how Shido’s gonna be able to get through to her, she seems hellbent on this plan of hers which is so ironic because she’s not even considering the feelings of the person she loves.

Hopefully the resolution to their situation isn’t as underwhelming as Shido and Westcott

Also as an aside, the animation when Westcott opened his mouth to laugh was so horrible I couldn’t help but rewind the scene lmao.
Marinate1016May 22, 2:19 PM
May 22, 2:04 PM
Jan 2014
Shido kamehameha’ed Westcott, that was cool
May 22, 2:40 PM

Nov 2019
@Marinate1016

I kinda understand the underwhelming part, it was so cool in the source material because you felt that extra color and fire on Shido. After being abandoned by his mother, he was "colorless", but now after so much experience, and with Shinji's memories, he has become complete again. He is his own built identity. Also there's the emotions associated with Shinji's payback. Bro was shot in the back and given no chance. The fight was supposed to be like a payoff to all of this.

Unfortunately, a handful of action and dialogue have been either toned down, cut or conveniently modified to result in this product.

Shido was expected to use the usual spirit powers to fight. Westcott's "omniscience" was unable to cover an attack that was completely off that status quo. Also here's a fun fact, he's pretty playful with Beelzebub like he found a new toy to play with. Normally, a genius like Westcott could be more efficient and optimal, but his own twisted nature takes the lead instead. It's like a brilliant inventor of 1970s got his hands on a modern day calculator.
Laplace_kunMay 22, 2:44 PM
May 22, 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
Shido used the good old beam to beat Westcott. Mio done killing everyone. Kotori fought well till the end. RIP the harem, Mio ftw.
MegamiRemJun 12, 9:26 AM
May 22, 4:34 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
Holyy this season just keeps throwing twists at us. Without a doubt the best Date a Live has ever been. Phenomenal episode

I gotta say though, I’m kinda disappointed with Shido v Westcott. Other than the DBZ reference that was very underwhelming. Kinda reminded me of the Ninja war arc from Naruto with a matchup being built up for years only to end in an instant. Like no way a dude who has the literal power of omniscience goes down that easily?? I expected something like the last BSD arc’s climax fight..

Shido: I won’t kill you..

Mio: hehe don’t mind if I do 😭

after seeing what Westcott did in the past I have no qualms with him dying, but damn just wanted more.

Things are looking really bleak now with Mio having every spirit. Idk how Shido’s gonna be able to get through to her, she seems hellbent on this plan of hers which is so ironic because she’s not even considering the feelings of the person she loves.

Hopefully the resolution to their situation isn’t as underwhelming as Shido and Westcott

Also as an aside, the animation when Westcott opened his mouth to laugh was so horrible I couldn’t help but rewind the scene lmao.
@Marinate1016 the twists will keep coming. Dal v is already polled number one on corner, sugoi, trending. Majority of those communities easily consider dal v the best amime of the season. Simply cannot bore or disappoint people. It is just masterfully directed and you don't see this type of work aside from like a1, mappa, madhouse.
May 22, 5:35 PM

Dec 2021
I'm surprised that the show still managed to slip in some jokes, especially given the situation—like the whole Kannazuuki bit.

Now that Mio has recovered all of the Sephirah, I'm curious how Shidou will reverse everything. I have a hunch, but I really hope it doesn't just come down to "time travel solves everything."
IzanaSolosMay 23, 4:33 AM

May 22, 7:30 PM

Aug 2023
great whole thing, but wtf with the Kamehameha thing? i did *facepalm* watching that scene lol

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
May 22, 9:36 PM

Nov 2019
spicarie said:
great whole thing, but wtf with the Kamehameha thing? i did *facepalm* watching that scene lol

If you remember, Shido did something similar back in the end of season 3. He has a chuuni past and is a fan of this move.

Laplace_kunMay 22, 9:51 PM
May 22, 11:39 PM

Feb 2016
Best episode so far.
I hate to see Tohka, Natsumi and Kotori die, but seeing Origami die was a total pleasure.
Also seeing Kotori and Natsumi using their transformations is always a pleasure too.
And Shido using a fkng kamehameha was amazing lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 23, 1:44 AM
Apr 2013
EP 7

Its your weekly dead a live time
Who's gonna be offed next?
I have to say its kinda depressing that another 2(?) girls are gonna get offed this ep
Speaking of date a live, time to place yo bets, is westcott gonna get offed this time or no?

I kinda forgor about nia tbh. oh well. not sure though since

So turns out mio be speedrunning and she offs everyone with westcott as a bonus too

So yeah the preview basically tells us that tohka(?) is coming back for a second attempt.
I was thinking how the inverse ones would factor into it. we've seen a few girls go inverse, but tohka's was a little different since she basically had a like a second personality. also something something during s4 mukuro arc

Hmm.
May 23, 1:52 AM

Feb 2018
Dang bro, RIP everyone. It was an unfair fight lol. I wonder what will happen now with those two facing each other after all that.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 23, 2:59 AM
Apr 2022
What an episode, so many talented animator in this episode, can't wait for next episode
May 23, 9:01 AM
Jun 2023
Was is too fast or too slow? i really was surprised when that happenend... its very well paced, im still thinking of why the deaths were like that as they were.. like it really depended on the OP, i like it but it really did give away alot.

did this particular thing got your emotions down for when the deaths happened or did it still feel the same even tho you saw the trailer and knew what was bound to happen?
May 23, 9:29 AM
Apr 2017
I just really hate, how good this season is at spoiling itself. I mean, it IS kinda obvious, but I want to believe!

Examples for spoiling:

All in all I like this season better than the last 2 or 3. Also, I would have liked it, if they used inversion more than once, tho. It was a nice raise in stakes.
May 23, 10:27 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
EP 7

Its your weekly dead a live time
Who's gonna be offed next?
I have to say its kinda depressing that another 2(?) girls are gonna get offed this ep
Speaking of date a live, time to place yo bets, is westcott gonna get offed this time or no?

I kinda forgor about nia tbh. oh well. not sure though since

So turns out mio be speedrunning and she offs everyone with westcott as a bonus too

So yeah the preview basically tells us that tohka(?) is coming back for a second attempt.
I was thinking how the inverse ones would factor into it. we've seen a few girls go inverse, but tohka's was a little different since she basically had a like a second personality. also something something during s4 mukuro arc

Hmm.
@CocoaGalaxy Really makes me wonder how Tohka will do a second attempt, we will see Tenka coming out again. I guess she genuinely became her own spirit and doesn't need to rely on the Sephira anymore, while the other girls all did. We never really saw anyone else go inverse, Kurumi almost did but stopped herself.
May 23, 10:43 AM
Jan 2022
goku has nothing on shin

TheMageDalamarMay 23, 11:57 AM
May 24, 12:30 AM

Oct 2022
Well, I don't know what was funnier, Shido invoking the Kamehameha or Westcott dying in an easy way. And of course our idol Miku would save Shido, I was happy seeing that. And as much as I'm extremely angry with Mio, I believe there will be a redemption arc, but first with a battle with her beloved Shin and apparently Tohka will revive

May 24, 3:21 AM

Nov 2019
MomoSinX said:
@CocoaGalaxy Really makes me wonder how Tohka will do a second attempt, we will see Tenka coming out again. I guess she genuinely became her own spirit and doesn't need to rely on the Sephira anymore, while the other girls all did. We never really saw anyone else go inverse, Kurumi almost did but stopped herself.

Origami went full inverse in S3. Her dandere personality traits are totally Origami Devil.
May 24, 5:30 AM

Oct 2007
forgot to say this in my previous post..

I feel it's right to kill Westcott. Even with Beelzebub sealed... this guy can still fight. He's a magi... an expert one from his clan. Possible he could still cast a spell that can be fatal to Shidou or the spirits who are with him.
Liddo-kunMay 25, 5:10 AM
May 24, 7:58 AM

Oct 2022
The nickname "Walking HR Complaint" is wild.

But listening to his past it makes sense and it makes even more sense Kannazuki is with the Middle School Commander.

Tho the harsh words from his colleagues were also hilarious "I thought Commander found him on the street" lmao
May 24, 9:15 AM
Oct 2023
the episode is really good, it's a sad to have skipped the difficulties of shido vs westcott, the fact that he suffers a lot with his regeneration etc. Some of us are a little disappointed about that.
benjic665May 24, 9:21 AM
May 24, 11:14 AM
Aug 2023
did nobody saw her boobies
May 24, 12:23 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to Laplace_kun
MomoSinX said:

Origami went full inverse in S3. Her dandere personality traits are totally Origami Devil.
@Laplace_kun

Oh you are right, I have no idea why I have forgotten that.
May 24, 3:11 PM
Jan 2017
This episode does a pretty good job at illustrating the cruel, faceless nature of war. When beloved characters die, it happens so quickly and suddenly that the other characters don't even have time to process what just happened. Those deaths happen, not to cause character drama, but to raise the story's already high stakes.

This show is the gift that keeps on giving, intense action and excellent character writing included.
May 25, 8:40 AM

May 2021
Here I am, curious about the attack that Westcott won't predict and dude pulls out a Kame-freaking-hameha out. When in doubt, just go Super Saiyan.

May 25, 4:17 PM

Dec 2009
Been progressing more of less as i anticipated thus far, though i didn't expect all of them to go down. This puts it in the spot of being too dire, and sort of pulled the intensity out of it.

Escaping this predicament is so improbable that only deus ex machina level resolution will conceivably resolve it, or we get one of those moral pep talk victories where Shido wins with the power of goodness etc.

I would have been more impressed if they pulled the more bold move of having Mio show up in front of Shido after he failed to stop Westcott, and Mio just erasing Westcott because he was in her way making it a total rug-pull. It's still clear that Mio is the most dangerous entity in the story up to this point, regardless of Westcott's knowledge or abilities.

Scenarios like this put their stakes higher if the protagonists are actually able to do something but fail regardless due to overwhelming advantage. For example Gungnir should have been written to injure her at least. And at least a few of them get away to truly comprehend the hopelessness of their scenario...
...plus as was made self-aware already with the ridiculous instant death lights:

...though i feel like this is taking pages out of negima (which does these way better)
GenesisAriaMay 25, 4:23 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 26, 3:22 AM
Feb 2024
i hope we finally see some light at the end of the tunnels in the next few episodes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26

188 by Tropisch »»
Sep 14, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

135 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

54 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

70 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8

104 by tannerrocks »»
Aug 9, 1:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.