Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Shizuku is a breakout character in this episode. Brave girl who takes the risk to go against an urban legend, aka the Red Robe Girl.

There was a good amount of emotions and personality from her character too. Glad to see this show has more than just monster of the week format and hopefully they can add more memorable entities for rest of the season.
May 22, 8:12 AM

Jul 2011
2 very depressing childhood stories in a row.

Shizuku. If I'm going to be killed, at least be in my favorite clothes.

The catgirl!
May 22, 9:14 AM

May 2019
I thought Shizuku was a goner for a minute there but she ended up surviving thanks to the group. Also, while her backstory was sad I thought it was a bit exaggerated when she was out in the snow freezing (at that point her mom should be in jail).

Anyway, it was interesting to learn that Ren is not Oto's brother by blood but he still treats her as a sister although it sounds like they're both from another world or plane. I'm sure we'll get more information on their backstories but coming up next is a catgirl.
May 22, 9:29 AM

Jun 2020
The series is amping up episode by episode.Way to go!!!
May 22, 10:48 AM
Feb 2020
Actually really good episode!Much better than the last 2 thats for sure.A lot of things revealed with the station and the siblings.

Pretty disheartening that the friend was alr gone,but at least they got a reunion and fulfilled their promise.
May 22, 12:28 PM
Jan 2017
So he still used his eyes, do I understand that right?
May 22, 1:47 PM

Jul 2022
This episode was the best of all, it gave me chills and the soundtrack when Shizuku saw Tomoko again was pure art.

Wow, Shizuku really suffered a lot in her childhood. How ironic that she didn't like Tomoko, and she ended up being the one who saved her life. It's so sad that she passed away; now it's up to Shizuku to live for both of them. So, Ren and Oto are not siblings, this just got interesting.
May 22, 2:17 PM

Feb 2016
This episode had a lot of answers, but opened more and more questions....
May 22, 3:24 PM

Feb 2019
One of the best episodes. Very dark and tragic backstory for Shizuku, no wonder she’s so attacking to Tomoko when she was her only friend 💔

Your mama kicking you out the house so she can go be a hoe is CRAZY. All the kids and their parents rejecting Shizuku and not even letting her inside off the freezing streets was also hard to watch. Tomoko being the only person willing to let her in and be there for her.. shouldn’t come as a shock then that Shizuku would do ANYTHING including sacrificing herself to get her friend back then.

The scene of Tomoko’s spirit/ghost/curiosity whatever you wanna call it, cutting Shizuku’s hair as they both disappear was so damn sad. Think that’s the first time I noticed how good the OST is in this show! Even made someone as stoic as Occhan normally is breakdown into tears..

Luckily, Ren was able to come thru and save Shizuku. There’s no way Tomoko would want her best friend to suffer and be apart of this curse.

And FINALLY we got some lore about where Ren and Occhan came from. So that subway is a literal corridor to another world.. very interested in learning more about that world and his seeing ability. I knew he wasn’t straight up human, but what the curiosity said about him at the end was very interesting
Marinate1016May 22, 4:09 PM
May 22, 5:05 PM

Dec 2021
Damn. Shizuku had such a terrible mother and pretty shit "friends." That blend of ghosts this episode is a disturbingly creepy combination.

Anyway, it's no surprise that Ren isn't human. The way he's acted since the first episode has always hinted at something unusual.

May 22, 5:57 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the the abandoned station is not only an urban legend, but it deals with expelling curses since it is connected to the other side. We finally get some interesting information about Ren and Oto not being siblings by blood although it looks like Ren doesn't look like he has a lot of time left.

The catgirl finally appeared, but I doubt the anime will cover the cat family arc in volume 5 and we are more than halfway through volume 3 in the anime.
May 22, 6:07 PM

Oct 2017
Damn that hair cutting scene hit hard and the backstory. Wait so Ren isn't actually her brother? Why is he working so hard for her then. So he doesn't even sleep or eat? Damn. Also didn't use his eyes my ass. He did use them and he's condition got worse. Sumireko got to know their story. Catgirl is here.
May 22, 6:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice conclusion to this Shizuku and Tomoko arc, I was really hoping there would be some way to save Tomoko but alas, she has been dead since the arc began, and man it’s pretty fucked up how this ghost/curiosity was able to take on different meanings because of the lore surrounding it, this was part of why Tomoko was already done for but it was also how Adashino was able to ward it off temporarily due to the classic “Toilet-Bound Hanako” story, a cool way to deal with it, I just wish we could have actually seen it happen lol, but that could be because Adashino did actually use his eyes because he looked to be in bad shape later on. That moment when Shizuku actually opened the door was kinda trippy too, wasn’t sure why she was getting a haircut but the visuals were cool and it was a bit of a touching moment because of the backstory we were just show earlier in the episode.

And in order to deal with this ghost for good, this took us back to the spooky train station which was revealed to be Kisaragi Station, and it was here we got some tasty lore about why the station is even there, as well as the fact Adashino isn’t actually Oto’s brother, but he’s trying to return her to her actual world, this part wasn’t that surprising since it’s been hinted at before but still cool to know for certain, I also liked that short bit where Sumireko was freaked out by the noose voice, probably the spookiest part of the episode, really liked that. And lastly, the ghost of the hour was dealt with as it left on the train they called, and off to who the hell knows it goes lol, but I’m not as happy about that as I am Shizuku getting some closure and making it out of this alive as well.

I quite enjoyed this arc, I think I liked it more than the first one, I do think the spookiness could be cranked up a bit but I’m really liking what we got here so far, looking forward to the rest!
May 22, 7:42 PM
Mar 2015
They protected Oto but Tomoko had to take the train
May 23, 2:42 AM
Apr 2023
It's hard for me take those intense moments seriously with how Sumireko's oppai is being pulled or being punched like that.
Also I also find it refreshing that Goku is collecting the occult/cursed items in the Kisaragi Station.

Trivia: By the way, the next episode mentioned a mermaid. I think a lot of people already knows, but in japanese folklore it is said that if you eat mermaids' flesh, you can become immortal but can be quite rare to obtain one (this was also discussed in the novel/anime Kyokou Suiri a.k.a. In/Spectre). So I guess the next oddity/mystery they will tackle runs along that line
May 23, 4:52 AM
Mar 2019
The secret origin of the siblings is revealed. Best episode so far.
May 23, 5:08 AM

Jun 2016
this show is wild !!

very underrated
May 23, 5:45 AM
Jan 2020
Glad that the mystery elements seem to be ramping up a bit. The last one with the teacher was kind of uninteresting in my opinion.
May 23, 5:59 AM

Apr 2023
Well I'll be damned, hell of a way to put mysterious in mysterious disappearances, the story is certainly getting interesting, won't be surprised if the train's next stop is in JJK's Shibuya. I feel I must just point out the line "she always stays for dinner" hits harder here in the third world lol. And ion know who needs to here this but its not really ecchi if the asses are drawn up all weird like, the animation is killing us.

May 23, 7:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh boy another sad backstory, and Rieri almost repeating her role of va from the 'idol in pink' case. But Ren comes in the right time to seal the deal with the 'girl in red' Curiosity. Who could've thought, his sister treasure can cast away Hanako?

Well to be honest, not really expecting those Curiosity happened to combine a lot of Curiosity tho. From the unfamiliar one, to the overseas, to the popular lore, the famous Toilet-bound Hanako-san. At the end of the day, Tomoko bound to death for real, left the cursed object, and Rei use it to waste another chance to fare away his goal onto saving Shizuku. Well, at least i get another revealed story of him, so this episode truly wonderful, on my stand...

After Shizuku, Uname-sensei, there's also a cat girl looking for as well, next will be the mermaid. Curious how to see this mysterious disappearance show going to end, so let's see the next then...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 23, 9:21 AM
Aug 2020
The art quality is suffering
May 23, 11:01 AM
May 2021
Reply to Shadelay
So he still used his eyes, do I understand that right?
@Shadelay yeah bro is a goner before he could his sister to her world
May 23, 11:02 AM
May 2021
Reply to badabass
Oh boy another sad backstory, and Rieri almost repeating her role of va from the 'idol in pink' case. But Ren comes in the right time to seal the deal with the 'girl in red' Curiosity. Who could've thought, his sister treasure can cast away Hanako?

Well to be honest, not really expecting those Curiosity happened to combine a lot of Curiosity tho. From the unfamiliar one, to the overseas, to the popular lore, the famous Toilet-bound Hanako-san. At the end of the day, Tomoko bound to death for real, left the cursed object, and Rei use it to waste another chance to fare away his goal onto saving Shizuku. Well, at least i get another revealed story of him, so this episode truly wonderful, on my stand...

After Shizuku, Uname-sensei, there's also a cat girl looking for as well, next will be the mermaid. Curious how to see this mysterious disappearance show going to end, so let's see the next then...
@badabass he used his eyes again watch the end
May 23, 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
it's good the show finally picked up a bit, but it's a shame it took that long— the first two curiosities felt utterly pointless
May 23, 12:51 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to tekkenshu7
It's hard for me take those intense moments seriously with how Sumireko's oppai is being pulled or being punched like that.
Also I also find it refreshing that Goku is collecting the occult/cursed items in the Kisaragi Station.

Trivia: By the way, the next episode mentioned a mermaid. I think a lot of people already knows, but in japanese folklore it is said that if you eat mermaids' flesh, you can become immortal but can be quite rare to obtain one (this was also discussed in the novel/anime Kyokou Suiri a.k.a. In/Spectre). So I guess the next oddity/mystery they will tackle runs along that line
@tekkenshu7
tekkenshu7 said:

Regarding Mermaid arc, it was foreshadowed in episode 5 in a quite innocent looking scene. Something not in the Manga.
May 23, 2:35 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to SD_strange
@Shadelay yeah bro is a goner before he could his sister to her world
@SD_strange Who is apparently not related to him.
May 23, 4:44 PM

Aug 2011
THANK GOD AFTER WATCHING THIS ANIME I GET TO WATCH KONO SUBA AFTER I NEED IT AFTER WATCHING THIS ANIME
May 23, 7:07 PM

Feb 2018
interesting that before his eyes were crying blood but now its a blue (blood?) instead, not sure if it has any real significance or perhaps the way he uses his eyes change the fluid that comes out as he suffers for using them
May 23, 7:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Reply to SD_strange
@badabass he used his eyes again watch the end
@SD_strange yeah just realized it after which honestly quite sad to see
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 23, 11:24 PM

Oct 2022
I wish the story was more focused on Ren, he's a very interesting character and i want to know more about him/what he can do. Instead it's more like he's a side character.

May 24, 2:33 AM

Jun 2019
Well, it was probably the second best episode after the first one.

I wonder if the train line makes a brief stop in Agano.
May 24, 2:52 AM

Mar 2008
Would be nice if i had more preexisting knowledge of urban legends from Asia so I could more intuitively understand. I do get the whole part how the legends warp and this changes the entities as a sort of thoughtform manifested.

Shizuku really got screwed over. I do understand if her mom had her head out to have alone time sometimes but jeez just go out somewhere instead of leaving her in the cold and all that, that is total neglect.

There had already been implications that Ren and Oto are from elsewhere so not too surprised but I wonder what that world is like. Is it even a place worth returning to or is it just a case of having to return?
May 24, 4:11 AM

Apr 2012
Rieri may be too busy lately, but she always plays her role to the best of her ability. Also, is it just me, or do her characters always have some kind of stable problems with friends or relatives?

@Tsinelas This is a seinen ecchi manga, so the male MC is often just a self-insert for the audience. Although I would not say that he is such a main character. Rather, the protagonist is the Housewife.

@traed Also note that not only no one notify the guardianship authorities, but they didn’t even ask why she was wandering the street around the clock. They simply reacted to her as if she were a freeloader.
RobertBobertMay 24, 4:15 AM
May 24, 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
ih this ending was amazing, the whole episode was really good too, I want to see more about the MC
May 24, 7:31 PM
Feb 2021
peak keeps on delivering, this ep really tugged at my heartstrings. so shizuku was the little match girl, and tomoko was her fire and savior. yeah I'd die for her too in shizuku's shoes.
May 25, 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
This was a surprisingly good episode
May 26, 12:00 AM

Aug 2018
This was a very good episode and arc. Hope they can keep it up.
May 26, 12:44 AM
Sep 2021
A lot of lore, made it confusing to follow, but Shizuku was saved at last & looks like a new chapter is about to begin.
May 30, 12:37 AM

Nov 2011
We got some kind of backstory, or at least some hints. Bit late, but I really want to know more bout the guy now.
May 30, 6:08 AM
Apr 2021
Holy SHIT this was such a good episode that whole Shizuku and Tomoko part had me feeling so sad man I didn’t want Shizuku to die just as she got introduced + I’d miss Rie Takahashi voicing WHICH I DID NOT KNOW UNTIL I LOOKED IT UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EPISODE I’m so happy she’s alive🥹🙏🏽🔥

The mystery aspect of this show went really hard in this episode omg like bro what’s with that invisible lady’s voice and how strong is she? And what’s with Ren saying he and Oto aren’t from this world?? And why did his bleed blue this time instead red?? Bro there’s so much that was just dropped on us this shit just gets me more intrigued with this show I love it🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Ik I’ve said this before but idc I’m saying it again but Oto is SOOOO fucking cute and adorable man literally why is she so cute and smol for?😫
Jun 6, 9:02 PM
Jan 2020
She was transparent in the manga
RonninnJun 6, 9:08 PM
Jun 13, 10:33 PM

Jul 2017
Shizuku has for pretty much of her life, been shunned by people, and in the same way now, the supernatural has been chasing after her, of which Oto and Sumireko advance their escape. But the Little Red Girl being an apparition of many Curiosities, and the Japan-centric Shinichin Misaki being similar to most of Shizuku's troubles after learning that Tomoko, her best friend is the Curiosity herself, she can face her with confidence despite her weeping to see that Tomoko is still fine within her sights.

Shizuku submitting to the Curiosity using Oto's test sheet to quell the Demon Child, since the Little Red Girl is connected to the Toilet-bound Hanako-san legend in a way. Unfortunately, that only puts Shizuku's safety on temporary status, and apart from Sumireko being delighted to finally see the supernatural gateway of Kisaragi Station, the Bearer of Youth herself is a tool to great to pass on, so Shizuku's scissors as a cursed object will do to get the Little Red Girl onto the train to free the former's soul with Oto's help.

The reveal with the siblings between apparitions of another world, they're like the guardians who protect people from Curiosities, sending them back to their world through Kisaragi Station. Though Ren using his Eyes, it's only a moment before he becomes a walking disaster, and Kisaragi Station will not be his home, leaving Oto alone for bad or for worse.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - 4 hours ago

5 by AddaeAkono »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

42 by KANLen09 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

154 by Icelord888 »»
Jun 17, 12:38 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

43 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 16, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

27 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 15, 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.