Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Marcille...this episode had her in an peculiar position but luckily, she's got friends to help and support her such as Laios.

I think this episode took an unique approach from Marcille's perspective and showed a vulnerable side of her character. The second half of this episode felt like a mini-movie with psychological moments. The chereography and emotions made the episode looks even better.
May 9, 6:59 AM

May 2020
Remember guys, table manners while eating is more important than eating itself. Otherwise guys like Senshi would headbutt the hell out of you lol. Though I liked how instantly the beast girl became used to the group. Sure, that can’t be done which she thought, would, when she attacked the group, but hey them being so positive, it definitely left an impression. Anyways, the first half might be the usual, but the direction they took with the second half, that should be appreciated…

…I mean the black and white showing the entire time Laios was in Marcille’s nightmare felt a bit poetic on its own. Leaving aside, how fucking weird the dream was, I mean dreams are always that way, but still lol, we could to a certain extent guess the state of mind of Marcille carries herself with… and by that I don’t mean anything heavy. You see, what she remembers in the end after all, bright colours and happy times lol. Laios to be thanked for that, but yeah, he has kind of forgotten what he did too… so we’ll just leave things as it is.
May 9, 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
Senshi got mad because of bad manners at the table xD

While enjoying their meal, Laios and his companions fall prey to an ambush by an unexpected assailant. To their surprise, it's the youthful servant girl who had accompanied Shuro's group. Taking Marcille hostage, she demands the removal of a mysterious spell that has been cast upon her. When Marcille inquiries about the nature of the enchantment, the girl unveils herself by pulling back her hood. Later, Marcille is plagued by a nightmare induced by a monstrous entity, haunting their thoughts.

Sureau didn't like the idea of using dark arts on Farlyn, but it seems okay when Maizuru does it to Izutsumi... or maybe Maizuru only used the neck spell. Maybe the neck spell is a kind of safety measure in case Izutsumi becomes like Falin. I couldn't help but laugh when Laios tried to figure out the meaning of "papa and pipi" with a three-pronged family tree. Overall, a really cool episode. I wonder if this will make Marcille want the grimoire even more, which could lead to trouble later.

Really liked the direction of this episode, especially the fact that the entire nightmare was in black and white.

May 9, 7:07 AM
Apr 2020
Izutsumi's part was hilarious.

The direction during the nightmare segment was amazing.
May 9, 7:21 AM
Nov 2023
Loved the art direction of the dreams.
Laios' dream is colourful like the opening, while Marcille's was dark and gloomy.
Also it's funny that Marcille's head is a library, but Laios' is just empty.

Today we learned that Marcille is afraid that people will die before her, which contrasts Frieren's viewpoint, who avoids connections beacause of this very fact. It makes sense, though, that a young elf like Marcille would think that way, and maybe even get drawn to the Dark Arts to prevent the deaths of people they love. That could be the reason Marcille herself pursues the Dark Arts, which would make her feel even worse for what happend with Falin.
(NOTE: I'm aware that elves in Frieren live way longer than elves in Dungeon Meshi, but I still find the comparison fascinating!)
gorkthe134thMay 9, 7:28 AM
May 9, 7:38 AM

Feb 2021
The dub subs in the episode I uploaded were marked as "Dubtitle", never heard about a word like this but I love it lol
The subs we want start with "Drop your weapons now", "Now hurry up and drop your weapon" are dubtitles.

I can recognize some characters on her neck (like 馬 - "horse"), but some I can't. They look like old Chinese characters though.

11:45 Honestly not sure if my interpretation of this is right, but here Laios' father referred to Falin with あれ (are) - "that", meaning that he doesn't see her as a person anymore (in the dream at least).

15:14 Papa Pipi? Mama
Marcille

Marcille remembering Laios as an adorable dog like that is so cute for some reason lol

23:44 Nightmare sakamushi. 酒蒸し (sakamushi lit. alcohol steam) - seafood seasoned with salt and sake then steamed.

Izutsumi joining the party just like that is interesting, excited to see what she'll bring to the story.
May 9, 7:52 AM

Mar 2021
The nightmare section was amazing and so well done. Marcille is so lucky to have a friend like Laios to save her in her dreams.
May 9, 7:57 AM

Jan 2009
i ship marcille x laios so hard but marcille is maybe afraid of laios short life than hers so for her laios will die early and leave her shortly

new group member is the cat girl
May 9, 8:04 AM
作画

Nov 2019
the two chapters this episode covered were too different from one another and the immersion was practically impossible, the nightmares chapter should've been made standalone and given to Ikarashi and his friends, waste of a golden opportunity imo
May 9, 8:26 AM

Jul 2011
Izutsumi is finally here. Now the party is complete with a catgirl. No party is complete without a catgirl.

Was nice the nightmare have the finalized design of Marcille's mother and father. Than the vague that was when the chapter first came out.

The dog that Marcille seen Laios as, is the my my dream dog.
May 9, 8:41 AM

Jul 2016
Don't know who I loved the introduction of more—Izutsumi or post-disrespecting-dungeon-food-ettiquette Senshi.

Laios empowering Marcille by recognizing all those books in her dream (and absence of them in his) as proof of how much of a hard worker she is was a special kind of heartwarming. And like damn, I know he went in on a rescue mission but it's impressive how quickly he snapped out of his own nightmare.
FarCriticalMay 9, 8:45 AM
May 9, 8:49 AM

Jun 2021
Nah man, the nightmare chapter was adapted way too good. This is definitely my favourite episode of the 2nd cour so far.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

May 9, 9:24 AM

Jan 2024
2nd part with the Marcelie's nightmare was an absolute masterclass
May 9, 9:32 AM

Aug 2020
Will Izutsumi Include as a main character with the group?
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
May 9, 10:01 AM
Oct 2019
I enjoyed it! this episode's first half offered a quick conclusion to the previous episode and the second half has its own little self-contained story, which shed some light on Marcille's character.
May 9, 10:44 AM
Mar 2015
Laios was her dog in the dream
May 9, 10:51 AM
Aug 2022
I love how much story progress we're getting in this one hallway lol
May 9, 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
Laios the GOAT, love the guy and love Marcille. The nightmare was done so well. Was a great idea to make it colorless and then Laios brought back colors to her world. Love em both. Btw Izutsumi is gonna be so fun to have around.
May 9, 12:09 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I love how upset senshi got so upset about bad table manners and made sure that it got corrected 😂 thank goodness that Marcille has such good friends to look after and take care of her 🙂 a more laid back episode then usual, but looking forward to next weeks episode 😝
May 9, 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
The dream was pretty good.

Is the spellcaster among the eastern group..?
May 9, 1:01 PM

Nov 2020
Does this mushroom grow some kind of legs? no, I definitely imagined it haha, it's rare for me to laugh out loud but in this anime it's normal, how can you not love our dwarf. We have a new team member, I already like Izutsumi♥️ ok, the second half of the episode was really cool and atmospheric, Marcille is still struggling with the trauma after what happened with Falin, and she is also afraid that people close to her will grow old and die and she will be left alone, it's a pity that Laios had to tell us this directly, it had better be more subtle. The text "you run faster than others" really touched me. And finally, another creative monster that our heroes cooked, and how can you not love this anime, I don't regret giving it 10/10♥️
5/5♥️
May 9, 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Senshi nearly turned into Dark Souls boss there.

Poor Marcille is riding the depressed "immortal/long life" train. Destined to be left behind. Oh well, such is life...
May 9, 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
Quite the nasty spell Maizuru put on Itsuzumi with that shikigami. Would that be considered black magic too?

Senshi would make quite the good dad, showing tough love when necessary. I don't know why there are so many Senshi panty-shots, or rather loin-cloth shots, though...but okay then.

Lol, smacking the wurm monster with the magic tome.

What an emotional episode, that quite literally dove into Marcille's inner fears and facing her demons, so to speak; with her having a longer lifespan and eventually having to see her friends pass away before her. Very interesting symbolism with how the wurm was turning Liaos rapidly aging, and the subtle detail of the portrait paintings changing in the background to show more context as the story progresses. I also loved how Marcille saw Laios as a big fluffy cute dog.

This might have been of the best episodes to date.
Estoy_GordoMay 9, 3:21 PM
May 9, 4:01 PM
Jan 2013
Yes! Positivity triumphs over negative thoughts and nightmares!
May 9, 4:08 PM

Aug 2020
This episode was really cool. It showed a bigger panorama of Marcille and Laios background. Izutsumi learned to respect the manners in the hard way, dude is a wild rule breaker.

Always good to see more episodes of this series.

May 9, 5:03 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to MinxNight
MinxNight said:

Yes, she will be part of the group from now on.
May 9, 5:29 PM
Nov 2021
is good..........
May 9, 5:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Glad to see the ninja girl wasn’t quite as hostel as she first appeared, she was revealed to be a cute cat girl named Izutsumi with bad table manners, Senshi is gonna make her learn today whether there’s a demon attacking them or not lol. And although the cat aspect is cute, it is unfortunate that it’s because of a curse and as of rn it looks like it can’t be undone due to the way souls work in their world, and this probably goes for Falin as well, but perhaps there’s a way to make her return to her senses like Laios said as Izutsumi is proof that it can happen.

The 2nd half was wild tho, can’t even get any decent rest while in the dungeon because there’s dream eating monsters that live in your pillow lol, this actually reminds me of a weird story I read in school where there was a weird monster living in a pillow. And the dream sequence was a lot of fun but also kinda scary thanks to that “Wurm” monster, kinda terrifying that being touched by it makes you rapidly age due to Marcille’s fear of others dying before her, but thankfully Laios helped her use her dream to her advantage by summoning that book, and then hitting the monster with it lol, I mean hey it works. And of course the nightmare monsters are food too, but it was nice seeing Marcille react to her now wholesome dream while eating the monster that caused all that trouble, loved the doll Falin running all goofy lol.
May 9, 6:39 PM

Dec 2022
Senshi went full Sanji, do NOT waste food on his watch!
whole dream and nightmare sequence was super gnarly, very well done, music awesome throughout as always
nightmares are seafood ^_^
May 9, 7:17 PM
Nov 2019
The party gets a new member is interesting, seeing as they've met a bunch of characters before this but none of them stuck around. The nightmare sequence was some good stuff, I like it when we see a character's deepest fears like this.
May 9, 7:21 PM

Jul 2022
Senshi providing some fanservice, I love how Izutsumi fits into the group, she's perfect for the weirdos they are. And you know, wise words from Laios, if it can devour you, it can be eaten.

Those nightmares Marcille and Laios had were something else. What Marcille was fleeing from wasn't a monster, it was a representation of the passage of time. While she's blessed to be half-elf, extending her lifespan, it's also a curse as she watches all her loved ones and friends get 'devoured' by time until her turn comes, just observing it happen without being able to do anything. That explains why she's trying to understand dark magic, to see if she can bring back those long gone or extend her own life, but if the crazy elf couldn't, it'll be tough for her.

And it's pretty sad in Laios's dream, there was only a blank space, unlike Marcille, who had an attachment to books, magic, and even portraits of her relatives, which she valued highly. Laios doesn't have any of that, which means he didn't have any emotional attachment to any object or person in the past. Surely his life was pretty dull, just hunting monsters, killing beasts, because he didn't know what he was good for. From there we can see the nightmares, the parents complaining about it, why he's a failure. He never fit in anywhere, he's too gullible and can't see through people's deception. He struggles to socially adapt to others, even though they've sidelined him and his team, where he's the leader, underestimates him, has little trust in him, and insults him. He's willing to help them, and that's what someone does when they really care about you. It reminds you of your virtues, something you might even wish to have but don't.
May 9, 8:09 PM
Aug 2021
i love when it comes to lucid dream
May 9, 8:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well here comes Asebi aka Izutsumi aka the cat girl officially joining the dungeon meshi gang because of her interest align with the group. I expect her to have a more cute behavior even under those mask, like Marcille but even more adorable. Though, those rebel actually also great to her initial introduction since she's the embodiment of the cat girl, so for sure she got quite mess into her plate, right? Then that's where Father Senshi serve his role well enough to teach those mad cat girl some good manner xd. Welcome to the club, girl. Let's hope the lunatic magician able to giving a fix, or otherwise, being a cat actually not so bad you know...

Alright guys, not gonna write much about Marcille and her nightmare since its resembling pretty much the opening visual. But those last scene with the golden grimoire might gives an idea how to fight the lunatic magician.

Let's see if its right....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 9, 8:29 PM
Aug 2013
i'm gonna eat some honeydew melon right now. it's one of my favorite melons it has a nice flowery flavor while still being very sweet. you can tell they're ripe by pushing on the part where the melon connected to the vine, if it pushes in a little bit that generally means it's ripe to eat. this episode was good
May 9, 9:40 PM
Oct 2019
3 minutes into the episodes we got to see Senshi panty again LMAO

New party member is Izutsumi the catgirl?

Nightmare segment was really good.
May 9, 9:55 PM

Oct 2016
10/10 episode, so good, great delicious.
May 9, 10:26 PM

Dec 2022
Senshi got really scary when Izutsumi couldn't hold her spoon correctly
May 9, 10:58 PM

Dec 2022
Literally cooking up some Nightmares and turn it into good dreams in the second part. Lol

May 10, 12:16 AM

Dec 2022
Always mind your table manners infront of senshi lol
May 10, 12:44 AM

May 2018
Now that wasn't a good episode, way too rushed. (And I never read the manga, so no idea what the original pacing was.)
On the other hand the dream of Marcille was visually quite pleasing (being nightmare and all), especially the paintings.
alshuMay 10, 12:51 AM
May 10, 1:36 AM

Apr 2023
Damn why...always these long-live tragedies...and why always can't I be immune from them...
May 10, 1:36 AM

Apr 2009
So our new party member is a ninja class of sort? And a cat girl with curses on her or maybe the cat girl form is the curse?

Nightmare huh? I thought they would be equine in nature or horses-related at least but here they're more like clams instead! It turned out to be more like Laios nightmare than Marcille's, and yes he's definitely the fluffy dog!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 10, 1:40 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Narizor
Senshi providing some fanservice, I love how Izutsumi fits into the group, she's perfect for the weirdos they are. And you know, wise words from Laios, if it can devour you, it can be eaten.

Those nightmares Marcille and Laios had were something else. What Marcille was fleeing from wasn't a monster, it was a representation of the passage of time. While she's blessed to be half-elf, extending her lifespan, it's also a curse as she watches all her loved ones and friends get 'devoured' by time until her turn comes, just observing it happen without being able to do anything. That explains why she's trying to understand dark magic, to see if she can bring back those long gone or extend her own life, but if the crazy elf couldn't, it'll be tough for her.

And it's pretty sad in Laios's dream, there was only a blank space, unlike Marcille, who had an attachment to books, magic, and even portraits of her relatives, which she valued highly. Laios doesn't have any of that, which means he didn't have any emotional attachment to any object or person in the past. Surely his life was pretty dull, just hunting monsters, killing beasts, because he didn't know what he was good for. From there we can see the nightmares, the parents complaining about it, why he's a failure. He never fit in anywhere, he's too gullible and can't see through people's deception. He struggles to socially adapt to others, even though they've sidelined him and his team, where he's the leader, underestimates him, has little trust in him, and insults him. He's willing to help them, and that's what someone does when they really care about you. It reminds you of your virtues, something you might even wish to have but don't.
@Narizor Laios' dream resembles the opening where I also have a white space but this time filled with monsters, food and people xD
In the opening he is carried by a green monster and it is probably the same one that lies dead at the beginning of Laios's dream
Ba-Cii10May 10, 1:43 AM
May 10, 2:38 AM
Nov 2017
It was a great experience to go through Marcille's past, shed a tear actually
May 10, 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
Izutsumi wasn't too much of a threat, thankfully. She's only hostile because of her situation and she was quick to be angry at times while holding Marcille "hostage". However, her lack of table manners meant that she wasted food, which Senshi didn't waste time to give her the tough love treatment in order for her to improve her manners.

The latter half of the episode was great! The nightmare sequence we see from Laios was intriguing, but things got more intense when he encountered a younger version of Marcille while dealing with her fears and demons that effects her to this day. Big credit for Laios and how he helped to take out the monster in her nightmare. Seeing Marcille smiling again makes me happy. =)
May 10, 3:42 AM

Dec 2022
This episodes gives a valuable insight of Marcile's fears, because what she fears the most is seeing everyone she loves dying before her, she's a half-elf after all and got to experienced that when she was younger because her father was a human... which is why she followed the path of ancient magic in a quest to prevent death.

Very sad story but perfectly understandable considering where she's coming from, the good thing is that she no longer will have nightmares now that she literally ate them lol... also, let's welcome Izutsumi to the party! The roster has been completed, and it will stay that way till the end of the show!
May 10, 3:55 AM
May 2024
Great foreshadowing
May 10, 5:21 AM

Dec 2015
22:15 This supposed to be Falin in the background or am I tripping?
May 10, 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
That nightmare looks like any typical shellfish which is totally edible, looks good too
May 10, 9:04 AM

Jun 2016
oh my goat !! younger marcille is too fucking kawaiii !!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Spoiler. :: Yes/No

DivinE007 - Yesterday

11 by Moppit »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

163 by BthatTVK »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13

153 by Tex_otakulist »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1

105 by GT1Studios »»
Yesterday, 5:48 AM

» Marcille's age? And other party members?

Argyll - Jun 25

14 by Dan_ALves »»
Jun 26, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.