Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 4:38 AM

Aug 2021
While pervert male characters are widely disliked, there are plenty male perverts that can be considered traditionally attractive and has a lot of interesting qualities besides being a pervert. Primary examples that comes my mind would be: Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter, Onizuka from GTO, Araragi from Monogatari Series

These three guys are prime examples of cool perverts. Do you like them?

Mar 28, 4:43 AM

Aug 2021
I like cool perverts.
LONG LIVE for Patalliro, Kintarou Ooe and Utena Hiiragi.
Absurdo_NMar 28, 7:35 AM

Mar 28, 4:48 AM

May 2019
Yeah, they're pretty cool perverts.
Mar 28, 5:44 AM

Sep 2016
Do you like cool perverts?

Sure, if they are fun.

https://myanimelist.net/character/2738/Kintarou_Ooe

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 28, 6:04 AM

Aug 2016
A character being a pervert isn't a bad thing by default, the problem is when they base the character's entire personality on this one trait. I like Master Roshi and Jiraiya because they're not only perverted old men, but also great characters who play an instrumental role in the development of the respective protagonists they take under their wings.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
Sure, I think I'm pretty brilliant.
Mar 28, 6:14 AM

Oct 2021
We are all perverts, some just prefer to expose it to the world.

Protect the cool perverts.
Mar 28, 6:15 AM

Nov 2023
Well, I recently loved Utena. So, yes ofcourse!
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Mar 28, 6:18 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to -Ryu
A character being a pervert isn't a bad thing by default, the problem is when they base the character's entire personality on this one trait. I like Master Roshi and Jiraiya because they're not only perverted old men, but also great characters who play an instrumental role in the development of the respective protagonists they take under their wings.
@-Ryu Can that statement literally applied to almost any character tropes? If a character's whole personality is just being tsundere, doesn't that make them poorly written?
Mar 28, 6:25 AM
Dec 2020
I like this type of character because being a perv is part of their character and not their only character trait and (sometimes) serves to make you get something about them, hisoka looking at minors with those eyes makes you get that he's also batshit insane
Mar 28, 6:27 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Sanjay63773
@-Ryu Can that statement literally applied to almost any character tropes? If a character's whole personality is just being tsundere, doesn't that make them poorly written?
@Sanjay63773 yes, how is this even a question? A character with only 1 character trait is probably ass
Mar 28, 6:29 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
If they're as cool as Ryou Saeba from City Hunter or Dark Schneider from Bastard! , then yes.

Having a pervert character that acts like a bad ass can be very entertaining.

Lupin III is another example as well.
Mar 28, 6:36 AM
Dec 2022
If it's someone like Kintaro Ooe, the hell to the fuck yeah

That man is the pinnacle of perversion that we all should strive for.
Mar 28, 6:39 AM

Aug 2016
Reply to Sanjay63773
Yeah, pretty much, I was talking about perverts because the thread is specifically about that.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Mar 28, 7:13 AM

Mar 2023
Yes i like them, especially this guy.

Mar 28, 8:10 AM

Nov 2017
Reply to Spunkert
Yes i like them, especially this guy.

@Spunkert

the most pedophila looking character ı have ever seen.

Mar 28, 8:16 AM

Mar 2024
yes, its quite possible if the character is cool and stylish and not just a disgusting pervert who looks like a clown. but more than pervert characters i like cool villains and antiheroes
Mar 28, 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
Sure do. Anyone who knows me well will tell you I have something of a pervy streak myself so I like seeing fellow tiddy enjoyers in anime who have multitudes to their personality instead of primarily existing as creepy comedic relief.
Take care of yourself

Mar 28, 2:42 PM

Apr 2020
i dont mind i like seeing flawed characters. i would just most of the time would rather not see the creepy shit they do. i like hisoka because at least he bring some entertainment into hxh, and araragi is cool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
It all depends on what you mean by perversion and how it is shown. The "perversions" of Onizuka and Araragi are clearly comedically exaggerated and essentially simply represent the image of an immature "horny" young man.
Mar 28, 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to -Ryu
@-Ryu It's strange to hear praise for Master Roshi from someone who previously stigmatized people who defended the design of short female characters. Just remember that memetic scene where Bulma agreed to show him her panties, forgetting that she forgot to put them on. Even I find it uncomfortable, although I've seen a lot of ecchi anime.
Mar 28, 6:22 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@-Ryu It's strange to hear praise for Master Roshi from someone who previously stigmatized people who defended the design of short female characters. Just remember that memetic scene where Bulma agreed to show him her panties, forgetting that she forgot to put them on. Even I find it uncomfortable, although I've seen a lot of ecchi anime.
Yeah I didn't say there weren't uncomfortable scenes with him, my point was more that his character (at least in the original DB arcs) is more than pervy scenes, he's arguably the one who taught Goku the most valuable lesson he could learn by winning against him in the first tournament as Jackie Chun.
Mar 29, 3:45 AM

Nov 2019
They are really funny to be honest, giving the show extra comedy that is needed as most animes are just trash.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Mar 29, 4:51 AM

May 2018
Cool pervert lack the passion to be actual perverts.
If you are not excited to break some decency rules, than you are doing it mechanically or out of spite...which is against the main goal here - having fun.
Mar 29, 5:24 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to -Ryu
Yeah I didn't say there weren't uncomfortable scenes with him, my point was more that his character (at least in the original DB arcs) is more than pervy scenes, he's arguably the one who taught Goku the most valuable lesson he could learn by winning against him in the first tournament as Jackie Chun.
@-Ryu I do not argue. But doesn't that mean that you were actually berating people for justifying the character design, while justifying a character who was directly involved in problematic things?
Mar 29, 5:31 PM

Jul 2013
There is such thing as cool perverts? I didn't know such a thing existed.
Mar 29, 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
Yeah, long live the cool perverts! 😁

Mar 29, 5:43 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Jonas-K
Yeah, long live the cool perverts! 😁

@Jonas-K that is well written and well said hehehehe
Mar 29, 8:14 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@-Ryu I do not argue. But doesn't that mean that you were actually berating people for justifying the character design, while justifying a character who was directly involved in problematic things?
I'm not necessarily justifying Master Roshi's problematic behavior, I'm just saying there are stuff to like about his character despite that. I find it perfectly understandable if someone else dislikes him because of the problematic behavior, especially when after the 23th tournament arc he pretty much got reduced to a perverted old man with nothing else going for him.
Mar 29, 8:49 PM

Jun 2017
"cool perverts" can only be individuals who are almost, and only nearly, chad, but are 1 step away from being chad, because the author realizes the audience won't be able to relate with (or is unable to write) chad characters. And so they are made "cool perverts" instead
Apr 4, 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
I like for example Roy in that regard too. Not mainly because he's conventionally attractive, but he never goes too far.
Apr 5, 12:39 PM

Mar 2024
Teenagers commonly love these characters.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~

More topics from this board

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

12 by Catalano »»
9 seconds ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

6 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

67 by AzafuseKingTora »»
14 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

41 by Maou_heika »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.