Forum Settings
Forums

Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

New
Mar 26, 12:58 PM

Aug 2021
I used to like pork and pork products, but over time, I started to feel really disgusted by pork. And this only happened with pork, I still love eating meat from other animals, but pork... I feel like it's not good meat, it's like I'm eating something extremely disgusting.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Mar 26, 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
My experience cannot be expressed in words; only by watching this Invader Zim episode. :P

https://zim.fandom.com/wiki/Gaz,_Taster_of_Pork
Mar 26, 1:09 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to SmugSatoko
My experience cannot be expressed in words; only by watching this Invader Zim episode. :P

https://zim.fandom.com/wiki/Gaz,_Taster_of_Pork
@SmugSatoko

Poor Gaz, her brother always being such a stupDib

Mar 26, 1:13 PM

May 2021
It is (((their))) propaganda, you need to fight against it

Mar 26, 1:14 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Gween_Gween
It is (((their))) propaganda, you need to fight against it
@Gween_Gween

I'm confused, whose propaganda?

Mar 26, 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
I had similar things but with Fish, in Middle School I loved eating fish and I was eating it almost every 2nd day, but right now whenever I feel that after-taste I instantly get the vomiting move as I can't stand it and right now I ain't touching any dish which is made of any type of fish.
Mar 26, 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
maybe you hate the fat in pork? because the meat alone is delicious
Mar 26, 1:28 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to deg
maybe you hate the fat in pork? because the meat alone is delicious
@deg

I have tried eating several dishes involving pork and I still find them extremely repulsive. Well, before I also found pork delicious.

Mar 26, 1:35 PM

Aug 2021
ive always thought piggies are dirty lolll
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 1:36 PM

Sep 2016
Eating some deep-fried bacon will change your mind.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 26, 1:48 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Eating some deep-fried bacon will change your mind.
@Zarutaku

The smell of bacon isn't disgusting to me yet, but maybe I'll start to feel disgusted by it soon too.

Mar 26, 2:08 PM

Jun 2019

Pork is disgusting (and unhealthy), and St. Paul teaches us that refraining from eating certain meats that scandalise our brothers is a charitable thing to do. I never had to "give up" on it though; I simply stopped eating it once I left my parents' house.
Mar 26, 2:17 PM

Jun 2020
When i tasted pork as a kid it felt like it was kind of burning through my mouth or something, it was a really annoying feeling so i decided to not eat it again
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
Probably because you ate too much and got tired of it.
Mar 28, 4:53 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Maybe you can pass yourself off as Jewish. Just say you can't eat it because it's kosher.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Mar 28, 7:37 PM

Dec 2016
You might be developing a food allergy. There's a real disease called Pork-cat syndrome. I say listen to your body.
Mar 28, 7:49 PM
Dec 2022
There are minor TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) conventions for avoiding particular meats. It can be pork, beef, or chicken.

Personally I avoid pork because it's how my father was raised as my grandparents practiced Islamic customs privately at home. Plus, due to hormone regulation-related problems, I avoided eating meat except for chicken and fish for over a decade until September of last year. Now pork smells more disgusting.
Mar 28, 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
I find most pork dishes to be too greasy as I get older, though this phenomena is not unheard of; many people have experienced the same thing with fish. For me, I usually eat pork with rice, and I need a ton of rice to balance out the flavors of the pork, especially where fat is involved.
Mar 28, 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
Well they are filthy animals, I do not eat pork either, Ill eat bacon maybe twice a year.
Mar 28, 11:53 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Cbr_Star
You might be developing a food allergy. There's a real disease called Pork-cat syndrome. I say listen to your body.
@Cbr_Star

I researched more about this disease and I don't have any related symptoms, but I'll keep searching, thanks.

Mar 29, 8:55 AM

Dec 2021
Bro that’s literally me with fish. I don’t mind eating other animals, but when I eat fish, I get repulsed by the thought of it wriggling in the sea/river and cutting through its skin. I even gag sometimes.
Mar 29, 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
Nothing wrong with being repulsed by something. Everyone finds something repulsive.
Apr 25, 5:13 PM

Nov 2020
I think I only more recently became viscerally disgusted by it for ethical reasons. But I think a less moralistic reason for me would just be that it kind of resembles myself. Triggers a similar response to cannibalism regardless of ethics
Yesterday, 1:19 PM

Aug 2012
Not a huge fan of pork either. With the exception of bacon, pork is pretty bland and it mostly relies on whatever spices you put on it. So I tend not to eat it much. I prefer chicken over pork and beef anyways.

Kinda odd that you slowly developed some disgust for it without a trigger or something, but it's not something weird.
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
Nope, I can still eat the common types of meat, but chicken has a weird taste that it's my least favorite one
Pork is not that bad, but just doesn't have the same quality as beef. It's simply alright and we live at times where we thoroughly cook the meat so it's perfectly fine to eat
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Sep 2023
Not me but my sister, had a bad experience with pork a few years back and has never eaten it again. She'll eat other types of meat, but will actively avoid because of that bad experience.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Yesterday, 5:57 PM

Mar 2021
I'm not sure. It happens both ways as well; I used to strongly dislike peanut butter, but now I like it.

Yesterday, 6:09 PM

Aug 2018
Could it be a food aversion or allergy? Maybe it's due to hormonal changes, or you got sick while eating pork but didn't realise it? And now, your body hates pork because of that experience.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 8 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
7 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

26 by JaniSIr »»
52 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

65 by Animeistaken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.