Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 26, 12:07 PM

Apr 2023
rent a girlfriend was worst anime i have watched and mahou shoju site was the worst manga i ever read what was yours
Mar 26, 12:11 PM

Feb 2020
Tanoshii Muumin Ikka Bouken Nikki. The first season was excellent, but I hated this so-called sequel.
Mar 26, 12:15 PM

Apr 2015
Akame ga Kill probably. It's just another "let's kill all the characters you care about" type of show. And for manga, Misu Misou, it's just an edgefest with a depressing ending.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 26, 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
Worst anime I have ever watched was huntrash x garbage and worst manga was toriko, so sad how a few plot decisions can influence the overall enjoyment (talking about toriko, there is no salvation for huntrash). The manga was solid at the beginning but it went insane when the cooking festival started and never recovered, I have no idea what went through mangaka's head when he wrote that shit that destroyed all the story, setting and world mechanics and it continuously got worse and worse to the point that it looked like a bad fanfic made by someone who never read the manga and just saw the characters randomly on gelbooru.
Mar 26, 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to Catalano
Worst anime I have ever watched was huntrash x garbage and worst manga was toriko, so sad how a few plot decisions can influence the overall enjoyment (talking about toriko, there is no salvation for huntrash). The manga was solid at the beginning but it went insane when the cooking festival started and never recovered, I have no idea what went through mangaka's head when he wrote that shit that destroyed all the story, setting and world mechanics and it continuously got worse and worse to the point that it looked like a bad fanfic made by someone who never read the manga and just saw the characters randomly on gelbooru.
@Catalano The best part of Toriko were the three special episodes in One Piece.
Mar 26, 12:38 PM

Nov 2021
shitsaw man manga is equally shity as rent a girlfriend but ironically i quite enjoyed reading rag initially.
Mar 26, 12:45 PM

Jun 2020
And you thought there is never a girl online? This masterpiece didn’t have right to see sunlight it was supposed to be stay in the garbage it belongs.

I didint read any bad mangas but Juujika no Rokunin definitely has a downhill after sometime
Mar 26, 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
For manga it's one piece and for anime it's one piece.
Mar 26, 1:39 PM
Jan 2008
Gal Cleaning is up there in manga terms.

As far as anime goes, in recent probably Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta
Violence Jack holds the worst of all time, but ironically so. Story makes 0 sense. So bad its funny.

Promised Neverland past the first arc is both bad in manga and anime.

Da Capo up there in the hall of fame. Original Fate Stay Night was pretty piss poor despite the source material being good. Ufotable effectively erased that dark history.
Mar 26, 1:53 PM

Oct 2022
Yay, I get to complain about my least favorite anime again. Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World is bad in every single way except in the ecchi scenes. And that doesn't mean much when you feel like uninstalling yourself after every single episode. Worse protagonist ever, boring fmc, has the worse implementation of the isekai shtick I've ever seen, not even a harem until the last episode, the last 5 minutes of the anime is a slideshow, the labyrinth is boring and uninteresting, predictable plot-points and a uninteresting storyline, the only good thing this anime did is make me happy to go to work. The only reason I bothered finishing it is that I wanted to see if it was truly the worst thing ever, which it was.

As for my least favorite manga that would be the original Naruto one-shot. It not really bad though it was just weird more than anything. I still have to appreciate it though for being the basis of the Naruto we got today.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 26, 1:57 PM

Feb 2017
The worst anime I've seen are Nagica blitz tactics, texhnolyze, dynamic chord, serial experiments and my sister my writer they're all garbage honestly 🤢
Mar 26, 2:09 PM

Jan 2020
Higurashi doesn't have third, let alone fourth season.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Mar 26, 2:20 PM
Nov 2021
If we are talking about anime and manga that i finished the entire history/season, the manga would be Deadman Wonderland and the anime Sabikui Bisco.
Mar 26, 2:27 PM
Feb 2021
School days as an anime and for manga i don't read much
Mar 26, 2:28 PM

Feb 2021
Came to this post expecting to see some genuinely bad titles to note down and avoid.

But all I see so far are filtered haters
Mar 26, 3:05 PM

Aug 2010
Manga: Lost+Brain
Anime: Ex-Arm.. but that was so bad it's funny so I found enjoyment. If that doesn't count then Glasslip
Mar 26, 3:37 PM

May 2021
Anime: Oregairu. I couldn't give less shit what is happening or what the mc is trying to achieve
Manga: Masamune kun. Its mid.

Mar 26, 4:18 PM

Nov 2019
I recall when I first started reading manga and using tachiyomi; btw, I used the extension that offers official releases. After reading Horimiya, I'm itching for another romance, so I typed girlfriend into the search bar, and the two covers that piqued my interest were Rent a Girlfriend and Domestic Girlfriend. I have no idea what I was getting into at the time, but those two manga have become the worst I've ever read.

Worst anime: Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans.
Mar 26, 4:33 PM

Jun 2019
I'm not going to count random one-off extensions of series I have a different view of as a whole, like a particularly bad single episode special OVA or something like that, but just consider the series as a whole. And I'm not even going to count ongoing/currently watching, paused/on hold, or dropped anime series as I don't evaluate them in the same way and don't personally consider it fair and accurate to judge an anime in the same manner or to the same extent if I haven't seen all of it, or at least one season of it in full.

That said, out of 263 distinct completed series, these were probably my least favorite (and so "worst" - at least to me):

- Rosario to Vampire (4/10)
- She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man (2/10)
- Terra Formars (2/10)
- Monster Musume no Oishasan (5/10)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (6/10)
- Satsuriku no Tenshi (5/10)
- Sakamichi no Apollon (6/10)
- Another (5/10)
- Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (2/10)
- Babylon (5/10)
- Karneval (4/10)
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (6/10)
- Comical Psychosomatic Medicine (5/10)
- Biohazard: Infinite Darkness (6/10)
- Those Snow White Notes (5/10)
- Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song (6/10)
- Cheat Pharmacist's Slow Life: Making a Drugstore in Another World (5/10)
- Can I Make Your Ears Happy in 180 Seconds? (5/10)
- Ousama Ranking (6/10)
- Yofukashi no Uta (5/10)
- In the Land of Leadale (5/10)
- Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi (5/10)
- Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! (5/10)
- Boushoku no Berserk (5/10)
- Buta no Liver wa Kanetsu Shiro (5/10)

There may be a few others in or close to that category (some other 5/10s and very low, in my mind, 6/10s which I'm not similarly tossing in), but everything listed is pretty easily and handily my least favorite out of all the series I've seen. I just counted and it's 25. So 25 out of 263 isn't too bad a ratio as far as ones either overall poor quality enough or which just uniquely turned or pissed me off in one or more major ways to spring to mind so as to single out and list on the wall of shame here. And it's not like they all still don't have redeeming features (or at least one single redeeming feature, even just down to their premise alone which prompted me to watch in the first place), otherwise I would have simply dropped them and not even consider them for listing here, as with everything else I've dropped.

Also, I'll briefly break my own rule and include two different seasons of series which I am not including as a whole, because I enjoyed/still do enjoy their other parts more (in this case, their first seasons). And that's Spice & Wolf season 2 and By the Grace of the Gods season 2. Both I found fucking horrendous and even anger-inducing; especially relative to all other anime I've seen.
WatchTillTandavaMar 26, 4:48 PM
Mar 26, 4:43 PM

Apr 2023
-Classroom For Heroes: Just a half-assed ripoff of My Hero Academia and High School DXD.

-Pokemon Sun and Moon: They made so many dumb changes to the series that I just didn't understand. Like why did Ash have to go to Pokemon school to learn about being a trainer? He's been doing this shit for 20 years (at the time) and the art style change is completely stupid.

-The God of High School: The anime. I am not a fan of it. They basically rushed everything and skipped so much plot/development per episode.

-Rent a Girlfriend: It was pretty weird since season 1 but it was bearable. Season 2 I dropped because I couldn't handle it.

-Record of Ragnarok: I used to be a fan of this manga but later on I realized what a big piece of shit it actually is. The writing is awful. Too lazy and repetitive, and it's only gotten worse with the past few rounds.

-Kakegurui: Just too weird and cringe in my opinion.

-Beastars: The first season was bearable but season 2 was just too weird for me.
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Mar 26, 4:47 PM

Mar 2008
According to my ratings and some of what I remember seems I really didnt think much of

Manga:

• TV Bakari Miteru to Baka ni Naru

Anime:

• Mars of Destruction
  • Ame to Shoujo to Watashi no Tegami
  • Scrap Diary
  • Winter Days
  • Yuri Seijin Naoko-san (2012) and Yuri Seijin Naoko-san (2010) neither of which i even remember watching though so id be willing to rewatch if anyone thinks it is actually good
  • Opus.COLORs was really a lost potential it had so much petty drama that it did nothing to make me really care about any of the characters. Am I supposed to care just because their looks?
  • Hitsuji no Uta was a good premise of realistic interpretation of vampires but turned out incredibly boring
  • Oujo to Banken-kun was hilarious how many animation errors they made and some of the dialogue made me laugh or cringe

Fukoku said:
Classroom For Heroes: Just a half-assed ripoff of My Hero Academia and High School DXD.

Almost forgot that one. Had so many moments I had no idea who the show was suposed to be for. An ecchi but the girls have no nipples but the guys have nipples and full naked ass shots. Lol Then the really bad fat jokes. Was somewhat entertaining at least though.
traedMar 26, 4:51 PM
Mar 26, 4:55 PM

Apr 2023
traed said:
According to my ratings and some of what I remember seems I really didnt think much of

Manga:

• TV Bakari Miteru to Baka ni Naru

Anime:

• Mars of Destruction
  • Ame to Shoujo to Watashi no Tegami
  • Scrap Diary
  • Winter Days
  • Yuri Seijin Naoko-san (2012) and Yuri Seijin Naoko-san (2010) neither of which i even remember watching though so id be willing to rewatch if anyone thinks it is actually good
  • Opus.COLORs was really a lost potential it had so much petty drama that it did nothing to make me really care about any of the characters. Am I supposed to care just because their looks?
  • Hitsuji no Uta was a good premise of realistic interpretation of vampires but turned out incredibly boring
  • Oujo to Banken-kun was hilarious how many animation errors they made and some of the dialogue made me laugh or cringe

Fukoku said:
Classroom For Heroes: Just a half-assed ripoff of My Hero Academia and High School DXD.

Almost forgot that one. Had so many moments I had no idea who the show was suposed to be for. An ecchi but the girls have no nipples but the guys have nipples and full naked ass shots. Lol Then the really bad fat jokes. Was somewhat entertaining at least though.

I should’ve done a deep dive into the LN before watching the anime lol. Why did I think it was a good idea to check out that trash?
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
Mar 26, 5:19 PM
Oct 2019
Manga : Ponkotsu ga Tensei shitara Zongai Saikyou worst isekai I ever read
Anime: conception worst harem I ever saw
Mar 26, 6:02 PM
Feb 2023
on top of my head i have got 2 anime rent a girlfriend and Akame ga kill even their manga terrible rent a girlfriend try to milk audiance on a next level compaired to others falling in similar category and Akame ga kill i dont understand how is it that popular at 29 position in popularity .
Mar 26, 6:55 PM

Feb 2021
Gamers is so bad it's the first anime I ever gave a 1/10.

There's this manga called Uchuujin no Kakushigoto and it has an interesting premise but the ending is just garbage.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 26, 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
I've only seen some clips and shit, but holy shit Twinkle Nora Rock Me is so hilariously bad. That shit don't move at 24 Frames per second, it's more like 24 seconds per frame
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Mar 26, 7:13 PM

Mar 2019
The biggest shit in the history of humanity:

Mar 27, 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Mars of Destruction, Dark Cat and Garzey's Wing are the bottom of the barrel.
Take care of yourself

Mar 27, 5:59 AM

Feb 2020
Anime: Vanquished Queens, as it was basically torture-p0rn & humiliation-p0rn.

Manga: Cage of Eden, as it was super long, very dumb and had diaper wearing cast of characters (metaphorically speaking).

Movies: Godzilla City on the Edge of Battle & Godzilla Planet Eater. Lost what little hope I had left in the trilogy following the first movie (which I also didn't like)
Mar 27, 6:05 AM
Jan 2021
For anime the smartphone isekai and manga gotta be masamuni kuns revenge
Mar 27, 6:40 AM

Jan 2020
The worst manga I've ever read was Midori.
Mar 27, 7:54 AM

Feb 2024
Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen (both boil down to generic fighting with shallow and undeveloped characters), Sailor Moon (every episode is literally the same), and Dr. Stone (characters have less depth than a door, the only thing they know how to do is scream).
Mar 27, 7:56 AM

Mar 2012
Worst anime: Kyo Kara Maoh, cringy MC and the anime romanticizes a toxic and abusive relationship.

Worst manga: Kyou Kara MA no Tsuku Jiyuugyou - this is 10x worse than the anime with how much they shoved the whole Yuuri x Wolfram shit into everyone's faces by destroying any remaining plot and degrading all characters other than the author and editor's beloved rapist.

Worst LN: Maruma Series (Kyo Kara Maoh) - I decided to re-read this and worst decision of my life, I feel like a masochist right now. Wolfram tried to burn Yuuri to death, tries to rape him, stabs and seriously injures him meanwhile you have Conrad on the other hand who supported and cared for Yuuri's wellbeing from the very beginning even when others didn't believe in him and has protected his sorry ass multiple times by putting his own life at risk all thanks to retarded Yuuri making stupid decisions but despite all that he doesn't value Conrad and simps to his abuser instead. At this point I seriously want to strangle Yuuri, stuff him in a box and dump his body at the bottom of Mariana trench, I've never been so pissed off at the MC's actions more than I was with this idiot. And I want to vomit on the author's face for the shit she has written.

In conclusion this series truly deserves to be flushed down the toilet.

Mar 27, 8:20 AM

Nov 2017
Mine worst was Aho girl. I learned a lesson and stopped watching bad anime after that.
Mar 27, 9:20 AM

Mar 2018
It's a tie between Ex-Arm, and Gibiate. Both of them were super boring, and one cour which made the experience of watching them even worse.

More topics from this board

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Apr 25

31 by Rachiba »»
35 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

71 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
35 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.