Forum Settings
Forums

Dragon Ball Theme Park Announced in Saudi Arabia

New
Mar 24, 5:49 PM

May 2019
Saudi Arabia’s Qiddiya to build first Dragon Ball theme park.

Mar 24, 5:54 PM

Mar 2013
Oh man, is this another vanity project of a Saudi prince? I really wish the House of Saud invested much more into long-term public infrastructure than their more ostentatious projects. Granted, this is still a much better and much more viable idea than NEOM. When it comes to the Saudi ruling monarchy, I will believe it when I see it.
Mar 25, 1:36 AM

Mar 2008
Lol it will too easily wind up forgotten and go to ruin unfortunately.
Mar 25, 2:21 AM

Jan 2009
the middle east really is starting to change their economy to a tourism economy eh like united arab emirates did it first since they know their oil economy is gonna end sooner or later
Mar 25, 2:27 AM

Feb 2020
They are really doing a decent job with all that sportswashing. Recently they even ruined snooker with their ridiculous golden ball crap, lol.

And now this.
Mar 25, 2:50 AM

Jun 2020
Why couldn't they have made this literally anywhere else?
Mar 25, 3:01 AM

Sep 2016
Hm, I wonder how much they tailored it according to their policies.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 25, 3:12 AM

Feb 2018
If the Saudi monarchs don't generate enough revenue to support their country without oil then it's all over for them. Global dependence on oil is sharply declining. They must be getting really desperate, jumping on every pop culture opportunity to attract tourists. The problem is that even if Saudi becomes the no.1 spot for tourism it still won't generate nearly enough revenue as oil does for them currently. They have a nice system set up now. Hire CGI artists, make a quick trailer and throw investor money on the project then see where it goes. If it fails they'll pocket the investor money, if it works, it works.

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Mar 26, 5:43 AM

Jul 2014
I can't imagine it living up to the advertising. Not that I think it's gonna be a Willy's Chocolate Experience level disaster or anything but I do think they'll end up compromising on a lot of stuff.
Take care of yourself

Mar 26, 8:56 AM

Aug 2020
HAHAHAHAHA that is so funny lol just why

Mar 26, 3:23 PM

Mar 2020
First off, I'm just surprised that a muslim country is building this since DB includes gods and demons. But SA is also a monarchy, so it ain't super surprising. Second off all, they should build this in Mexico fr.
💀😭😂🙏
Mar 26, 11:15 PM

Mar 2021
Yooooo these guys took that one pic of goku and gohan (or goten) praying in muslim clothes seriously
Mar 26, 11:43 PM

Oct 2022
That's cool, although Saudi Arabia is the last place I would've guess for something like this to be made.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 27, 12:01 AM

Sep 2018
I wouldn't go there if you laid on free flights and accommodation.

There's a reason why the Saudi league footballers live in Dubai and fly in for training every day.
Mar 27, 12:19 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to tsukareru
If the Saudi monarchs don't generate enough revenue to support their country without oil then it's all over for them. Global dependence on oil is sharply declining. They must be getting really desperate, jumping on every pop culture opportunity to attract tourists. The problem is that even if Saudi becomes the no.1 spot for tourism it still won't generate nearly enough revenue as oil does for them currently. They have a nice system set up now. Hire CGI artists, make a quick trailer and throw investor money on the project then see where it goes. If it fails they'll pocket the investor money, if it works, it works.
@tsukareru
They invested in solar power too. This isnt even close to their biggest money sink of an investment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia
Mar 27, 4:08 AM

Aug 2021
looks cool but definently pricey to go
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2:41 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to traed
@tsukareru
They invested in solar power too. This isnt even close to their biggest money sink of an investment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia
@traed It's really crazy how many billions they are throwing around in money sink investments. There are a looot more. But still, the saudi royal family has a lot of money. They are quite literally throwing around money everywhere and then trying to just stick to what gives sustainable returns in future without oil. They don't really care how much money is lost in the process as long as enough non-oil revenues can be generated to sustain their current tax system asap. They know oil demand globally is exponentially decreasing due to clean energy alternatives picking up pace. They need to replace oil revenues asap within a couple decades. If they start heavily taxing the Saudi citizens in the future, the citizens/military could rebel and overthrow the royal family. The royal family has a lot of time but not a lot of options. Throwing around money is their only solution.
tsukareruApr 8, 2:50 AM

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Apr 9, 1:50 AM

Oct 2012
They better have "Master Roshi's Island" as one of the attractions, a private resort for 1 senior citizen and a roster of 10 women on the house.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

74 by Zefyris »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
1 hour ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 9 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.