Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 9:37 AM
Jun 2021
So I've read the chainsaw man manga from the beginning and i got to the end of chapter 1, and i liked it, at the time, there were like just 10 chapters from part 2 and i gave it a try, and i liked it, till chapter 125-130 where i started to have questions after each chapter. Are there more chainsaw mans? Why are they cutting his legs in the latest chapters or whatever they are doing? Can someone please explain these 20-30 last chapters?
Mar 24, 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
RobertCh said:
So I've read the chainsaw man manga from the beginning and i got to the end of chapter 1, and i liked it, at the time, there were like just 10 chapters from part 2 and i gave it a try, and i liked it, till chapter 125-130 where i started to have questions after each chapter. Are there more chainsaw mans? Why are they cutting his legs in the latest chapters or whatever they are doing? Can someone please explain these 20-30 last chapters?

I'm in the same position as you. I really enjoyed the first part and then the starting of the second part was good too but now the plot seems all over the place. So much stuff going on. Denji's own problems, Second chainsaw man, I feel like the plot has gotten a bit convoluted.
That isn't to say that I think it's bad but it's just making me feel confused more and more.
Mar 24, 10:37 AM
Dec 2022
RobertCh said:

ngl been confused about it too,
I think the other chainsaw mans are people that want to be him? or just want chainsaw man

and then for the cutting him part I really dont know there could be several different reasons why
Mar 24, 10:48 AM
Jun 2021
Biisoo said:
RobertCh said:

I'm in the same position as you. I really enjoyed the first part and then the starting of the second part was good too but now the plot seems all over the place. So much stuff going on. Denji's own problems, Second chainsaw man, I feel like the plot has gotten a bit convoluted.
That isn't to say that I think it's bad but it's just making me feel confused more and more.

Fr. If part 2 is going to continue like this, it would've been better to just end it on part one.
Mar 24, 11:03 AM
May 2021
part two makes no sense tbh
Mar 24, 12:11 PM
Jan 2024
ikr part 2 kinda confusing me too. ive tried rereading cz sometimes the new chapters come late and id have forgotten parts of wht had happened, i thought tht was the issue, but tht didnt help too. anyone whos even a bit sure abt the last few chapters, please if you could, help us out!
Mar 24, 12:13 PM
Jun 2021
Ishigami_stan said:
ikr part 2 kinda confusing me too. ive tried rereading cz sometimes the new chapters come late and id have forgotten parts of wht had happened, i thought tht was the issue, but tht didnt help too. anyone whos even a bit sure abt the last few chapters, please if you could, help us out!

Fr, tho I don't think there are many that understand what happens
Mar 24, 12:14 PM
Dec 2020
thats called being invested in the mystery
Mar 24, 12:16 PM
Jun 2021
keinboesewicht said:

What do you mean man?
Mar 24, 12:17 PM
Dec 2020
RobertCh said:
keinboesewicht said:

What do you mean man?

i mean its normal to have questions. they should be answered when the manga finishes
Mar 24, 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
them turning into chainsaw man I think is more random, and has something to do with Fami making a deal or something and trying to make people more scared of Chainsaw Man to fight the last horseman.

They're trying to examine Denji because he's a hybrid I think and because he has special abilities other devils don't.

Neither has been fully revealed I don't think though
Mar 24, 12:24 PM
Nov 2019
They are cutting his legs to prevent him from moving, making him easier to control while hes in "jail." The other stuff is still kind of a mystery. Fami is most likely behind it in some way, I would think. I could be wrong. I don't think it's so crazy that nothing makes sense.

There was a chainsaw man cult doing weird shit and we don't really know much more than that. Like someone said we aren't supposed to know yet. We will see answers in time. Fujimoto always has his reason for his crazy writing/direction.
Mar 24, 12:56 PM
Mar 2021
Part 1 has concluded while Part 2 is still yet to show its true colours
I trust in my man Tatsuki that it will all make sense in the end
Mar 24, 1:39 PM
Oct 2021
Zar20 said:
They are cutting his legs to prevent him from moving, making him easier to control while hes in "jail." The other stuff is still kind of a mystery. Fami is most likely behind it in some way, I would think. I could be wrong. I don't think it's so crazy that nothing makes sense.

There was a chainsaw man cult doing weird shit and we don't really know much more than that. Like someone said we aren't supposed to know yet. We will see answers in time. Fujimoto always has his reason for his crazy writing/direction.

I think they just want to cut Denji in pieces and put every piece in a different place/box/idk in the jail/whatever it is
Mar 24, 2:23 PM
Mar 2023
So, since Part 2 doesn’t make sense, maybe think about where we were during this chapter count in part 1. about 62 chapters, which means somewhere in the middle of National Assasins arc, and tbh if you would've read weekly there, the same kind of confusion would be there as well.

I like to think CSM works at best when a whole Part is concluded.

Even tho I also love to guess what happens next, where could the story head to... to realize you will never understand Fujimoto anyway. It's that what me still makes loving this series so much.
Mar 24, 2:25 PM
Jun 2021
BDMax said:
So, since Part 2 doesn’t make sense, maybe think about where we were during this chapter count in part 1. about 62 chapters, which means somewhere in the middle of National Assasins arc, and tbh if you would've read weekly there, the same kind of confusion would be there as well.

I like to think CSM works at best when a whole Part is concluded.

Even tho I also love to guess what happens next, where could the story head to... to realize you will never understand Fujimoto anyway. It's that what me still makes loving this series so much.

yeah, until a big chunk of this part is concluded i will drop it so that i can read it all at the time, without that week gap so i can understand better
Mar 24, 3:09 PM
Nov 2021
………….,,,,……..,.
Mar 24, 3:16 PM

May 2022
Reply to wallus81
RobertCh said:

ngl been confused about it too,
I think the other chainsaw mans are people that want to be him? or just want chainsaw man

and then for the cutting him part I really dont know there could be several different reasons why
@wallus81

the chainsaw man "zombies" are people who unknowingly made contracts with the fire devil, lured by the chainsaw man church into thinking they were getting powers from the justice devil. barem and fami orchestrated it so that these contracts would all active at the same time, which is why we had that scene with thousands of people around the city spontaneously transforming. the details on why the fire devil is able to chainsaw-ify people are a bit fuzzy, though...

the whole reason this is happening is because fami plans to defeat the death devil, who the nostrodamus prophecy says is to be arriving very soon. a global war against chainsaw man zombies = the populations fear of chainsaw man and war increasing. so, in other words, fami wants to get denji and asa/yoru really strong to fight off the death devil. shrimple!!

we dont know anything about that one "chainsaw man imposter" though, literally zero information.

sorry for the random explanation dump, just hope this generally helps with understanding the direction of the story.
Mar 24, 3:24 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to sillywackygatto
@wallus81

the chainsaw man "zombies" are people who unknowingly made contracts with the fire devil, lured by the chainsaw man church into thinking they were getting powers from the justice devil. barem and fami orchestrated it so that these contracts would all active at the same time, which is why we had that scene with thousands of people around the city spontaneously transforming. the details on why the fire devil is able to chainsaw-ify people are a bit fuzzy, though...

the whole reason this is happening is because fami plans to defeat the death devil, who the nostrodamus prophecy says is to be arriving very soon. a global war against chainsaw man zombies = the populations fear of chainsaw man and war increasing. so, in other words, fami wants to get denji and asa/yoru really strong to fight off the death devil. shrimple!!

we dont know anything about that one "chainsaw man imposter" though, literally zero information.

sorry for the random explanation dump, just hope this generally helps with understanding the direction of the story.
@sillywackygatto
the fire devil stuff I like barely was following and was so confused about it lmao

this does clear up some stuff though, thanks
Mar 24, 5:11 PM
Apr 2022
Yeah honestly part 1 is classic but part 2 up till like you said 125-130 has just been way too all over the place and everywhere to the point where I just stopped enjoying it and I don’t really understand what’s happening which sucks because I really really loved part 1. I honestly loved the slow burn build up early part 2 was going for too, seeing Denji kinda mature after what happened hit diff
Mar 24, 5:20 PM
May 2022
I also feel very confused but I feel like by the end of part 2 we’ll have some crazy masterpiece, knowing fujimoto it will probably be, or it will end weirdly and it’s going to be a piece of shit
Mar 24, 5:39 PM
May 2016
I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone in finding this part confusing and all over the place. I have faith that he'll tie it all together by the end but I do feel a little bit lost right now. It doesn't help that some of the character designs look similar, like Asa and Fumiko, I get confused about which character I'm looking at sometimes. I'm excited to see where it goes though, I especially want to see how Nayuta will factor in to the story
Mar 24, 7:56 PM
Apr 2022
We don’t know why they’re cutting him up yet. Some theories are that they’re gonna try and feed his body parts so others can become stronger for the Apocalypse. But again we don’t know.

People are becoming chainsaw men because they were a part of the CSM cult I’m pretty sure and it’s a plot by Fami so that people will fear chainsaws, in turn CSM becomes stronger. Just like how we saw Yoru becoming stronger because civilians fear a war is coming.

I can understand why longtime fans aren’t feeling it, though. There is no set villain yet (unless you count Death Devil) or that we know of even in the arcs, unlike Part 1, how Katana was the first major antagonist, for example.

Ultimately, the author did say Part 2 was gonna be very different.
Mar 24, 7:59 PM
Apr 2022
aimawish said:
I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone in finding this part confusing and all over the place. I have faith that he'll tie it all together by the end but I do feel a little bit lost right now. It doesn't help that some of the character designs look similar, like Asa and Fumiko, I get confused about which character I'm looking at sometimes. I'm excited to see where it goes though, I especially want to see how Nayuta will factor in to the story

There’s a theory that Asa and Fumiko are supposed to be mirrors of each other. Considering how they interact with Denji/CSM, I kind of believe it.
Mar 24, 10:17 PM

Apr 2019
The other Chainsaw people are members of the church who made contract with the fire devil who has the ability to turn people into whatever form they desire. This was all part of the CSM church's plan who want to power up Chainsaw Man so that he could fight the death devil.

The identity of the original fake Chainsaw Man that killed Yuko is not known. Though it is likely that he has a contract with the Fire devil as well.

As far as the public safety apprehending Denji is concerned. We don't know what they plan to do with Denji's body parts that they are collecting. This arc is still ongoing but they definitely have some nefarious plans for him.

Mar 25, 9:28 AM

Apr 2016
omg I can't understand anything from this part! can someone please explain to me these things that will obviously be explained in future chapters 😭😭😭
Mar 25, 9:45 AM

Jan 2009
fami is the mastermind she wants to kill the death devil and to do so she is making chainsaw man and war devil very strong like by making humanity fear war again for example to empower the war devil
Mar 25, 2:51 PM
Jun 2022
I’ll assume they’re just cutting his legs to put him in place for the time being and there’s probably more reasons for that which would be explained later.

For the time being, it seems Fami has been orchestrating all of the events of Part 2 under the guise of preventing Nostradamus Prophecy, whether that’s true or not is still a mystery. But her actions are inherently causing a lot of deaths and misery especially for Denji and Asa, which is probably intended to pacify them and make them desperate enough to cooperate with her.
Mar 26, 8:19 AM
Jun 2017
they're cutting Denji apart because he's property of the state. And Fami is planning to cut Denji's head off for Asa to use as a weapon. That is why she brought Guilly with her because they're a guillotine.
you guys need to put that TikTok down lol
Mar 26, 9:01 AM

Jun 2014
Even if things don’t make sense now, I figure it will all come together later. You don’t watch a mystery movie and get mad that the mystery hasn’t been revealed in the first 20 minutes right? Same thing here, just gotta let the story cook and see how everything ties together.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 26, 4:57 PM

Apr 2022
you have to give time for the dots to connect, otherwise don't read weekly and just wait for this arc to near its conclusion and then read it. i'm personally a big fan of unpredictable stories like this which raise a lot of questions and start to make sense as it goes toward its end.
Mar 27, 7:57 PM

Feb 2014
Let the mangaka cook, I didn't like the pacing in part 1, but overall I enjoyed the story that was told then, so wait the whole story to be told before jumping to conclusion.
Mar 27, 10:58 PM
Jan 2021
I hope Fujimoto knows what he is doing. Cause I feel like we get lots of set up and do not quite get the payoff, so when it all comes together I hope to not get blueballed again.
TO EXCEL IS TO FAIL
Mar 29, 11:01 AM
Jul 2022
tbh I am in the same position too
Apr 11, 6:35 AM
Aug 2022
Honestly I am really likening part two. I find it really interesting and am glad that part two is going in a different direction. I feel like a big theme of part two is celebrity and how people that become famous can lose their identity.
Apr 12, 12:09 PM
Jun 2016
This briefly explains until recent chapters, but you gotta turn on the subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWVMa9VOUsc
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 5:34 PM

Oct 2017
I'm in the same boat. Enjoyed part 1, confused with part 2. Reading the thread though made me feel better that I'm not the only one confused!
Apr 13, 5:30 AM
Apr 2024
Author himself doesn't know what he wants to achieve in the story anymore
Apr 14, 1:47 AM

Jan 2008
I gave up all my motivation and enthusiasm for Part 2 a long time ago. Sure, it's still kinda readable and I can still see Fuji's witty story-telling talent deep down, but it's long past the level that made me love the first part so much (and I still do). The most terrible aspect is hands down the new characters and how they are handled (or should I say NOT handled, since almost all of them are either lackluster or just as flat as a paper).

I won't even go further to mention the lack of focus in the story, the rather confusing motivations, the degrade of the artwork or the small things that gave Part 1 so much soul, like the chapter covers or the creative panel usage.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 16, 3:08 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to thebrentinator24
Even if things don’t make sense now, I figure it will all come together later. You don’t watch a mystery movie and get mad that the mystery hasn’t been revealed in the first 20 minutes right? Same thing here, just gotta let the story cook and see how everything ties together.
@thebrentinator24 Well, there's generally a key difference. Mystery movies usually still remains relatively coherent throughout and tends to at least give you threads to follow. Of course you may not fully understanding EVERYTHING, otherwise it wouldn't be a mystery, but they're not just random mumbo jumbo until the last 20 minutes.

Part 2 is not something I'd equate to the usual mystery. So far it's just all over the place.
Subarashii
Apr 16, 7:53 PM

Jul 2019
I don't recall much from part 2 and pretty much stopped caring since then.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Apr 16, 9:43 PM

Feb 2024
Chainsaw Man has finished the Part 1.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 163 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 23

48 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 162 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 9

43 by FutureHendrix »»
Apr 22, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Oct 25, 2019

52 by Hasanzade_S »»
Apr 21, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2020

34 by Elijah0121 »»
Apr 20, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuma - Dec 20, 2019

74 by Virtecek »»
Apr 18, 2:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.