Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 16, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
So Kyoutarou had the balls to be part of the sports festival and compete after all. He even trained himself so respect to him.

The sports festival looked pretty fun, with all sorts of competitions. Glad they included most of the main and supporting cast in this. Anna had some awkward moments but this festival wouldn't be the same without her. The team calvary match was the most exciting with emotions imo.
Mar 16, 9:57 AM

May 2020
Anime being anime, the sports festival, and then people like Ichikawa… one glance and we could know how interested they are lol. Though hey, the stakes are different this time, unlike last year, and with that (kind-of) man-to-man challenge from Adachi, of course this guy would try too. But, PLEASE DON’T START TALKING TO YOURSELF OUTSIDE IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT. It could be embarrassing, you never know

Though I just liked how much these kids tried, I mean sports festival and all is there to enjoy, even for parents… thumbs up to Yamada’s parents taking the top spot here too lol. But again, for kids who are as serious as Adachi, even rain couldn’t foil their excitement, and neither of Ichikawa’s. I mean who would’ve guessed, Ichikawa of all people could scream for the girl he likes…

… he has grown, that’s a fact, but I would’ve very much liked if the girls could hear Ichikawa’s public confession too. Though that will happen, in due time, in a matter of episodes, but yeah, Ichikawa might have lost the battle, but he fucking won the war.
Mar 16, 9:58 AM

Dec 2021
Adachi is doing what he thinks is right... lol.

The final middle school sports festival was approaching. Ichikawa is asked by his classmate, the intimidating Kugenuma, to participate as a rider in the cavalry battle. Not keen on the idea, Ichikawa considers refusing until Adachi challenges him to a one-on-one match in the cavalry battle. Adachi, feeling a sense of rivalry towards Ichikawa, who is closer to their mutual friend Yamada than Adachi himself, ignites his competitive spirit. Despite Ichikawa's usual playful demeanor, he responds with a serious that he'll do it. Though he believes there's no real meaning in winning or losing, driven by the desire not to lose, Ichikawa begins special training.

Wow, what a throwback. Classic Ichikawa with his eternal pessimism. Yamada won't stand for anyone disrespecting her guy, even if she doesn't realize there's a competition going on. And Ichikawa? Is this the first time he's called Adachi his friend? Anyway, it's not just Ichikawa and Yamada's romance that's fun to watch; it's also seeing Ichikawa making real friends. And Adachi? He's finally figured out that Ichikawa's been getting in his way. Adachi might have won one battle, but he's lost the war.

That look on his face says it all: he knows Ichikawa and Yamada are crazy about each other.

Mar 16, 9:59 AM
Aug 2022
It was a naughty scene.
Girl who wears hoodie after the scene 😂.
Yuki-Kun "put me down" scene so cute 😭.
Ricky16Mar 16, 11:50 AM
Mar 16, 10:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Bento during the sports festival confirmed—that's well played, Ichikawa-kun xD. After saying he likes sweet omelets that much, he was pretty much asking for it. Some "interesting" exercise there, Wantarou won the best prize though...

Heck of a battle between the two friends in the end there, it was great to have the rain in the background, wasn't it? I suppose Adachi-kun's moved on to Ichikawa's sister now, lmao. Hopefully, something happens with Moe-san instead. Yamada's parents are as close as ever, that was sweet!

We're almost down to the very end bits of the season now. God, I need another sequel of this, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 16, 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
Yamada papa is the real chad, princess carrying Yamada mama.

Adachi finally noticing whats going. The dual and stuff was pretty cool, really. Had some cute moments for Anna and Kyo again and it's almost here, can't wait for next episode.
MegamiRemMar 18, 10:22 AM
Mar 16, 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
Bro, what kind of a fall that must have been to get a scar such as that.

Also, i was living under the impression that this was supposed to be a heartfelt man to man contest between friends and or the students ... yet somehow it was Yamada's dad who won the whole thing, lol.
Mar 16, 11:12 AM
Mar 2023
Hands off Ichikawa’s sister, Adachi! That woman is mine!

But all in all, a pretty good episode this week and I liked the changes from the source material. Adachi had a great moment of character, he’s an immature and sex riddled pervert but he’s also a guy learning to mature and grow like every other character. Here’s hoping he could one day grow to change his ways.
Mar 16, 11:32 AM

Oct 2008
The goku colors at the beginning on the tracksuit almost made me tear up. I'm so glad so many studios are paying last minute homage.
Mar 16, 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
Kyoutarou...what a man you are
Mar 16, 11:44 AM

May 2019
Anna inviting Kyotaro for a "quickie" ended up being more exercise although her using her ab roller in front of him like that was a tease.

While Adachi may have won the battle that didn't change Kyotaro's and Anna's relationship. Also it looks like Adachi may now be over Anna as he took a sudden liking to Kyotaro's sister but Moe may actually like him.
Mar 16, 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
Good character development for Ichikawa and side character focus in Adachi too, showcasing more of a serious side to him trying to give some closure to his feelings for Yamada since he knows that she is more interested in Ichikawa, but also he recognizes Ichikawa as enough of a friend to be okay to let his feelings go and give him his blessings to some degree, even if it did sting just a little. It was nice seeing Ichikawa be more proactive too compared to how it started for him, it was an over-the-top 'battle' per say but he wanted to respect his friend's feelings and take him seriously in what Adachi wanted and he did give it his best, even if in vain in the end. Really, really excited for the upcoming two episodes of this season to close this one out.
Mar 16, 11:52 AM

Dec 2023
I can't stop thinking about how good Ichikawa's character development is. It's one of the main reasons why this show continues to be PEAK!

This sports festival is a great example of this. As much as Adachi hasn't changed, Ichikawa tells him why love is more than superficial and his feelings for her in front of all his friends. It's hard to even think he would have the courage to do that a few episodes ago. The whole Kana situation at the end was hilarious. Never change Adachi lol...
Great episode as always.

Also, I'm still confused. Do we still have two or one more episode of peak? Did episode 0 count as one of those episodes?
Mar 16, 11:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The desire to compete sure is strong in their homeroom teacher. The cent race was a pretty interesting event though. The little race with Anna and Kyo was pretty cute as was their interactions in her flat. One of the perks of being seniors is that there's no one above you. The cav battle in the rain only served to make that battle much more tension filled. What an outcome that was. The meal with Anna in the nurses office was a great way to end the event with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 12:02 PM

Dec 2012
we are almost at final episode huh.
man im gonna miss this anime so much
Mar 16, 12:04 PM
Sep 2023
Or Short King is now showing his inner gigachad. And we're now getting closer to the Promised Land!!
Mar 16, 12:07 PM

Aug 2017
Excellent episode where we got to see some Adachi development and Ichikawa growing even more in his confidence. Kana shrugging off Adachi was funny though.
Mar 16, 12:08 PM

Mar 2021
Really good episode with everyone giving their all during the sports festival, Ichikawa has grown so much as a person and the scene with him and Yamada in the nurse's office was so good.
Loved how Kana just brushed Adachi off like he was nothing.
Mar 16, 12:11 PM
Jan 2024
This episode BLEW my expectations away.What an episode eveything was perfect.
Mar 16, 12:12 PM

Feb 2021
3:04 Here Ichi said "Even Showa-era TV didn't do this". Now I'm really curious what they aired in Showa lol (Shōwa era is 1926.12.25-1989.1.7)​

I kinda wish there were more sports festivals like this in the world. I can also see many students disliking this though.
7:58 The innuendos lmao

10:50 誠 (makoto) - "truth; reality; fact​" or "sincerity; honesty; faithfulness; good faith"

10:53 蒙古タンメン (mouko tanmen lit. Mongolia + Chinese-style stir-fried vegetable noodle soup) seems to be a brand of spicy instant ramen.

11:54 There must be a Japanese pun I'm not getting here somewhere...

13:13 YAMADA'S PARENTS LMAO. Je t'aime means "I love you" in French. So wholesome.

I bet everyone will be sick the next day because of the rain and anime logic
That fight was actually so epic. I love the dialogue. But I bet everyone below was just like "when will they stop? It's cold"
Moeko??? No way, I don't believe it.
And I just realized that the rain scene was in the ED the whole time.
Another amazing episode. I want huge onigiri too.
EmbientMar 17, 3:14 AM
Mar 16, 12:12 PM
Jul 2015
Their shounen moment was a bit too try-hard cringey, but all is well that ends well :)
Mar 16, 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Autoparts_22
I can't stop thinking about how good Ichikawa's character development is. It's one of the main reasons why this show continues to be PEAK!

This sports festival is a great example of this. As much as Adachi hasn't changed, Ichikawa tells him why love is more than superficial and his feelings for her in front of all his friends. It's hard to even think he would have the courage to do that a few episodes ago. The whole Kana situation at the end was hilarious. Never change Adachi lol...
Great episode as always.

Also, I'm still confused. Do we still have two or one more episode of peak? Did episode 0 count as one of those episodes?
@Autoparts_22 2..

There wasn't any episode 0, there was a OVA (https://myanimelist.net/anime/56948/Boku_no_Kokoro_no_Yabai_Yatsu__Twi-Yaba).

S2 Blu ray releases have been solicited for a while, the OVA is considered a extra on vol 1 (that got 4 eps + the said extra), vol 2 got 4 eps and vol 3 got 5.
Mar 16, 12:33 PM
Jan 2018
There is the unheard confession. love the buildup that happens in series like these.
Mar 16, 12:36 PM
Jan 2024
Good episode, the beginning seemed a bit boring but in the final part it improved.
Mar 16, 12:41 PM
Apr 2015
Reply to Embient
3:04 Here Ichi said "Even Showa-era TV didn't do this". Now I'm really curious what they aired in Showa lol (Shōwa era is 1926.12.25-1989.1.7)​

I kinda wish there were more sports festivals like this in the world. I can also see many students disliking this though.
7:58 The innuendos lmao

10:50 誠 (makoto) - "truth; reality; fact​" or "sincerity; honesty; faithfulness; good faith"

10:53 蒙古タンメン (mouko tanmen lit. Mongolia + Chinese-style stir-fried vegetable noodle soup) seems to be a brand of spicy instant ramen.

11:54 There must be a Japanese pun I'm not getting here somewhere...

13:13 YAMADA'S PARENTS LMAO. Je t'aime means "I love you" in French. So wholesome.

I bet everyone will be sick the next day because of the rain and anime logic
That fight was actually so epic. I love the dialogue. But I bet everyone below was just like "when will they stop? It's cold"
Moeko??? No way, I don't believe it.
And I just realized that the rain scene was in the ED the whole time.
Another amazing episode. I want huge onigiri too.
@Embient
"11:54 There must be a Japanese pun I'm not getting here somewhere..."

Member is a euphemism for penis, Adachi's saying 2-3 dick jokes in that bit.
Mar 16, 12:55 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Lost_MattiX
@Embient
"11:54 There must be a Japanese pun I'm not getting here somewhere..."

Member is a euphemism for penis, Adachi's saying 2-3 dick jokes in that bit.
@Lost_MattiX it's why is school mate didn't believe he will say it in front of everyone
Mar 16, 1:02 PM
Apr 2015
Reply to Teldrasil
@Lost_MattiX it's why is school mate didn't believe he will say it in front of everyone
@Teldrasil He made a bad bet, Adachi's too ballsy too feel cringe for that, lol.
Mar 16, 1:08 PM
Aug 2018
An excellent episode, I'm back to the seriousness I felt before episode 6, where everything was being prepared. There's a bit more seriousness, less comedy, where the tension was gradually building.

It's always a treat to see Kyo's evolution, it's really touching, the little dark guy from episode 1 who talks about friendship and, above all, his heart concerning Anna.
In the end, it's a good thing this season 2 is excellent, because what's the reason for them not to admit their feelings to each other?
Mar 16, 1:13 PM
Apr 2021
Really bad form on Kyoutarou's lift, could end up badly injured... Jokes aside, great episode as always.
Mar 16, 1:18 PM

Dec 2022
I diagnose Adachi with cringe!

Cool moments:
-The Class 3-1 teacher being pumped up for sports day
-Panda's scheme of exposing Yamada's relationship ending hilariously when she gets the wrong Yamada
-Adachi with all his effort managing to be even less of a threat than Nanpa Senpai
-Ichikawa getting attention from Adachi-mama, Yamada, and Kana
-Yamada's jealous eyes that remind me of Nagatoro

I really wish Ichikawa would stop with the "people will get the wrong idea" line. Come back, Shoujo Man!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Mar 16, 1:24 PM
Jun 2023
i really love when Yamadas dad carried her mom, that was epic,and as Yamada said
"ichikawa was cool". and he is
_otaku_man00Mar 16, 2:03 PM
Mar 16, 1:33 PM

Mar 2022
I love this episode so much, the "Friendly" rivalry was done so well loved the over the top moment. And as always Yamada's parents stole first place.

The whole throbbing members bit made me cringe and laugh at the same time.

so much more in this episode, probably one of my favourites in the season apart from the one where you first meet Yamada's parents.
Mar 16, 1:34 PM
Jan 2024
This episode is peak! Kyotarou having the balls to shout it shows he’s grown and only he knows the true Yamada. I’m glad I watch this anime
Mar 16, 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
This is one of the points I made of why the male MC shouldnt go for the female MC in a forum I made on this season 02 page.

Why would you go through all the hassle of going after the female MC when she has tons of guys after her? No guy would want to put up with that. A guy wants peace. I mean, just imagine how pathetic a man would look fighting another man/men over a girl.

Down with the female MC. And you know something, the female MC isnt even that cute. She just has an amazing physique.

Whatever; its just a romcom.
oooo3333Mar 16, 1:51 PM
Mar 16, 1:58 PM

Jun 2023
It’ll be a sad day in two weeks.
Mar 16, 2:03 PM
Jun 2023
oooo3333 said:
This is one of the points I made of why the male MC shouldnt go for the female MC in a forum I made on this season 02 page.

Why would you go through all the hassle of going after the female MC when she has tons of guys after her? No guy would want to put up with that. A guy wants peace. I mean, just imagine how pathetic a man would look fighting another man/men over a girl.

Down with the female MC. And you know something, the female MC isnt even that cute. She just has an amazing physique.

Whatever; its just a romcom.

wtf, are you talking about???
Mar 16, 2:31 PM

Feb 2019
Now THATS how you end a romantic rivalry. Adachi and Kyo’s fight was brilliant. Kyo explaining how shallow adachi’s crush on Yamada is was so cool. The contrast between this Kyo and last year sports festival version is night and day and it’s thanks to his relationship with Yamada.

As usual, Ushio Kensuke’s OST and the story boarding during the scene make it hit even harder. Can’t believe this show has had 11 straight 10s at this point. Insane seasonal romance run

If you lose a girl to a classmate the best way to get back at him is to date his sister. Adachi got the right idea, I like this kid. Wishing him success. Oh yea and they tried to hide it but his mom looks like a hot gyaru 😳

At this point Yamada and Kyo are as close as possible without having a formal confession. We gotta end the season with one and I know it’ll be glorious 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Mar 16, 2:44 PM
Mar 16, 2:33 PM

Sep 2016
lol this episode was hella corny
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 16, 2:43 PM
Sep 2023
Can anyone explain why did Yamada wrote his name on his forehead?
Mar 16, 2:50 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to TiagoCosta
@Autoparts_22 2..

There wasn't any episode 0, there was a OVA (https://myanimelist.net/anime/56948/Boku_no_Kokoro_no_Yabai_Yatsu__Twi-Yaba).

S2 Blu ray releases have been solicited for a while, the OVA is considered a extra on vol 1 (that got 4 eps + the said extra), vol 2 got 4 eps and vol 3 got 5.
@TiagoCosta

Nice! Thanks.
Mar 16, 3:09 PM

Oct 2014
Man the anime hit harder again than when i read it in the manga. The direction, music and the VA have done a masterful job in making this episode standout.

Love the fact that Ichikawa now fully admits that Adachi is his friend, something you wouldnt have seen coming in the first episode. Man adachi and his pledge was funny with his euphemisms

Kankan still causing trouble and we got another sweet moment with Yamadas parents being lovey dovey <3

Love the little changes they made from the source material.

They added kanzaki in that scene with Adachi challenging Kyotaro and him pumping his fist which made that scene felt so much more impactful than the manga.

And man Kyotaro looks so good when u can see both his eyes (definitely his best feature)
The cavalry battle was so well animated and directed, its a battle with no winners.

They also changed that final scene at the nurses office where Adachi had a sweet moment with Moeko (i love that they are pushing them together in the anime)

Next week will be the penultimate episode, and with the current pacing it should hit at least chapter 113 maybe 114 (this finished chapter 106) and were about to reach Peak romance <3
kisip123Mar 16, 3:27 PM
Mar 16, 3:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well that was certainly a unique sports festival, the duel between Ichikawa and Adachi was really something, it’s too bad no one else got to witness the true battle except for the ones carrying them, because I’m sure it didn’t seem like much of a fight from far away lol. And the outcome surprised me with Adachi being the winner, however I think the reveal of what was under Ichikawa’s bandana followed my Yamada feeding him later shows who actually won lol, of course Ichikawa was still upset tho which is also understandable. At least Adachi found a new love in Kana lol, he unfortunately didn’t notice Moeko there tho.

There was some other goodness in this episode as well like Yamada talking to her dog in dog language, as well as that workout scene which had a funny misunderstanding there where Yamada didn’t know who touched her booba lol. And another thing about the sports festival that was surprising was the “couple” that was found during the scavenger hunt was Yamada’s parents, that lad carried his babe like a champ lol.
Mar 16, 3:46 PM
Oct 2020
Adachi won the battle kinda but lost the war. Well at least he had a good moment with Moeko? So maybe? But then he also seems to like Ichikawa's sister.
Mar 16, 3:46 PM

Mar 2020
Not too much to say this time, but the first half was pretty goofy with certain scenes at Anna's house, and the growth for both Kyoutarou and Adachi's characters really shined in the second half. While I will admit some of it was a bit corny, I didn't mind it at all, as it was still executed to perfection. I do wonder if anything huge will happen in those last two episodes, but whatever happens, this continues to be amazing.
Mar 16, 4:12 PM
May 2020
One serious bro off during the sports festival
Mar 16, 4:37 PM
Mar 2021
The week long wait for the past 11 weeks has been so rough and now another 7 days lie between us and another episode of this goated anime 😔
Mar 16, 4:44 PM

Jan 2010
I've never been a fan of adachi and that will keep going but as always with this anime, it was a great chapter. Even with him there.

we are in the endgame now.
Mar 16, 5:11 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

This season is even better than the S1

This fight was so good

To see them becoming friends etc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 16, 5:42 PM

Jun 2019
So Adachi likes Yamada, Moeko, and now Kyoutarou's sister - Kana. Dude believes in "more entries, more chances of winning".
Mar 16, 5:58 PM
Oct 2021
Episode was rlly good but the second hand embarassment was crazy with this one, imagine some kids just shouting they love X whole holding hands lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Your favourite romance

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 30

35 by MarciUwU »»
2 hours ago

» Anime Recommendations like Bokuyaba

Htun__ - Apr 5

42 by obicomeonboneme »»
Apr 30, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 20

169 by Playcool »»
Apr 30, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13

145 by CarvalhoDW »»
Apr 30, 4:59 AM

» S2 finale congratulatory illustration from the author

MegamiRem - Mar 30

2 by Chaplin87 »»
Apr 30, 2:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.