Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Fighting a Red Dragon...damn, this is easily one of their toughest challenges yet. Not just the fight itself but also because of how much chaos and persistent it is. The Red Dragon is also advertised in the poster so being a poster boss easily makes it more recognizable.

This episode also had some interesting storytelling from Laio's perspective. Not going to lie, I think he and Marcille lowkey has one of the more charming bonds in this show. Beating that dragon together was also a big feat for the party.
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
The Red Dragon Arc starts now!

Laios and his companions at last face off against the fearsome Red Dragon. Together, they concoct a strategy aimed at bringing the beast down by employing magic to bring down the structure and delay its advance. Yet, to their dismay, the Red Dragon proves to be even more relentless and formidable than anticipated, rendering their efforts futile. As the skirmish shifts to a defensive stance, an opportunity arises to strike at the dragon's vulnerability: its exposed underbelly. However, in the heat of the moment, Kensuke succumbs to fear and flees, leaving his allies facing the enemy alone.

It was weird seeing the dragon in that place after the flashback showed it in a dungeon back in episode one. Maybe they explained it last episode, but I don't remember. Animating a dragon for an entire episode is impressive enough for a anime. Hell most times they use CG. But Triger hand-animated the dragon for the whole episode. Laios was the star of the episode. We even got some of his backstory, which was cool. Young Falin was really cute too. Hopefully we learn more about her past. The feeling of beating the dragon didn't last long though. Just when it seemed like they rescued Falin, something went wrong and it looks like she didn't make it after all. Playing that upbeat song after that tragic thing we just saw was... lol.

The whole quest was about saving Falin, but it seems they failed in the end.

Mar 14, 7:00 AM

May 2020
Going one on one against the dragon was something like a death wish in itself, but then to see these people testing their luck with the most unintelligent plan out there was hilarious or more like this was the only thing they could’ve done. But leaving that aside, living this entire dragon chase scene in proper Trigger watermarks was the best thing.

Red dragon being not in CGI, Senshi and Chilchuck kind of sacrificing themselves for Laios and then Laios himself taking down red dragon were things which made this episode THE episode. I mean Senshi aside, I liked how despite saying he doesn’t see himself as someone who’s going to end up fighting the red dragon, Chilchuck still did the hero. Not devaluing Marcille here as well, of course.

I mean that backstory again reaffirmed the strong bond between Laios and Falin, but hey now that the dragon is down, there was just one thing to confirm, and that was Falin’s well being. I mean she could be healed back and such if she’s just barely alive by the methods of their world but…

… that cliffhanger was down criminal. That said, always love trigger's way of animating things.
Softhenic03Mar 14, 7:08 AM
Mar 14, 7:12 AM

Nov 2010
no food?   No Food!?

Mar 14, 7:13 AM

Feb 2019
A well animated non 3d dragon?!

Question, would you want to be healing with Marcielle's healing magic or Yumiella's (Villainess Level 99) dark healing magic
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Mar 14, 7:17 AM
Apr 2020
They cut a few things, but they mostly did justice to the Dragon fight! I'm excited for next week!
Mar 14, 7:22 AM
Jul 2019
The unintentional comedic timing on the cut from the last shot into the ed was really funny ngl
Mar 14, 7:25 AM
Aug 2020
Young Falin is too precious
Mar 14, 7:49 AM
Sep 2015
Finally the episode that not only push studio Trigger to its limit but also retaining all the fun and bizarreness I expect from Dungeon Meshi.
Mar 14, 8:04 AM
Nov 2023
I rarely skip endings, but I think they should have removed it this time, it just doesn't fit the mood.
The team has gone on this long journey with a single goal in mind. They've tried their best, they almost died multiple times... and it was all for nothing.
They've lost their hope. Now what? How will they handle the situation? What will they do without Falin? That... remains to be seen...
Mar 14, 8:18 AM

May 2023
wow that cliffhanger is dark
Mar 14, 8:31 AM

Mar 2021
Wow so Falin might be dead and all that effort to beat the dragon was pointless I really Hope she is alive and that it is the remains of someone else they found.
Mar 14, 8:40 AM
Dec 2017
This episode hits hard!
Mar 14, 8:42 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to kuroneko99
no food?   No Food!?

@kuroneko99 Laios' leg. Too sad the dragon doesn't get a chance to swallow it.
Mar 14, 8:43 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Reecey91
Wow so Falin might be dead and all that effort to beat the dragon was pointless I really Hope she is alive and that it is the remains of someone else they found.
@Reecey91 She died from the first episode and everyone in the team knows it. The story is not about saving her from death but about grabing her body back and reviving her.
Mar 14, 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
another full sakuga episode wtf we are spoiled so hard by this young staff of trigger
Mar 14, 9:12 AM

Aug 2020
They cut the scene where Laios is trying to get up without his leg and he reminds Marcille to teach him some magic...
Oh well, super good episode nonetheless
MinxNightMar 14, 9:30 AM
DILF characters need more appreciation
Hot boys which are not Bishies also welcome
Mar 14, 9:24 AM
Nov 2023
Perhaps our heroes didn’t even realize until it was too late that the Red Dragon was restless and had digested Falin faster than they thought.
Mar 14, 9:29 AM

Feb 2021
The subs we want start with "I'm ready now". "Everything's all set" is English dub subs.
Oh, I think I've seen the scene with them running in the tunnel while the dragon is following them in the animated commercial for the manga!
This dragon looks so good though, right up there with Frieren's one.
It looks like a lighter when preparing to breathe fire lol. But I really like these details.
8:10 Please pause here and look at Senshi lol.

Laios killing the dragon with his leg being in its mouth was sooooo epic. I actually thought Kensuke will be crucial in killing it, but this wasn't the case. Was it just afraid when it moved then?
Falin in the flashback is so precious, I can't >_<. And I think the last part with them parting ways was Laios' imagination? Because of his guilt.
The ending was so emotional actually... Especially for this series. (then this happy ED starts lol)
They talked about someone being resurrected from feces near the beginning right? I really hope Falin will come back...

THIS EPISODE WAS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL AND EPIC. There were so many very expressive shots and scenes. Everything was moving. I love you Trigger.
Mar 14, 9:35 AM

Jul 2011
Senshi can withstand a dragon stomp, that's some sterner stuff there.

Laios using BOTW/TOTK techniques.
Mar 14, 9:41 AM
Dec 2021
Can they rez her from the bones?
Mar 14, 9:43 AM

Mar 2021
Astrolumos said:
@Reecey91 She died from the first episode and everyone in the team knows it. The story is not about saving her from death but about grabing her body back and reviving her.

Ah yh my bad I forgot about that.
Mar 14, 9:46 AM
Jul 2021
Trigger killing it with this fantastic episode
Mar 14, 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
You know things are serious when all the goofy characters get their animation fluidity turned up to 11 (especially Senshi, god damn) and there isn't a featured recipe. Man that has got to be the grimmest final shots to an ever.

Chilichuck landing the knife throw was pretty hype tho
Mar 14, 9:56 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Lilyitch691
Perhaps our heroes didn’t even realize until it was too late that the Red Dragon was restless and had digested Falin faster than they thought.
@Lilyitch691 I don't know
:-)
Mar 14, 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
At least they can revive Falin now, right?
Mar 14, 10:16 AM

Nov 2020
Hey, that was pretty good.
Mar 14, 10:17 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to IzanaSolos
The Red Dragon Arc starts now!

Laios and his companions at last face off against the fearsome Red Dragon. Together, they concoct a strategy aimed at bringing the beast down by employing magic to bring down the structure and delay its advance. Yet, to their dismay, the Red Dragon proves to be even more relentless and formidable than anticipated, rendering their efforts futile. As the skirmish shifts to a defensive stance, an opportunity arises to strike at the dragon's vulnerability: its exposed underbelly. However, in the heat of the moment, Kensuke succumbs to fear and flees, leaving his allies facing the enemy alone.

It was weird seeing the dragon in that place after the flashback showed it in a dungeon back in episode one. Maybe they explained it last episode, but I don't remember. Animating a dragon for an entire episode is impressive enough for a anime. Hell most times they use CG. But Triger hand-animated the dragon for the whole episode. Laios was the star of the episode. We even got some of his backstory, which was cool. Young Falin was really cute too. Hopefully we learn more about her past. The feeling of beating the dragon didn't last long though. Just when it seemed like they rescued Falin, something went wrong and it looks like she didn't make it after all. Playing that upbeat song after that tragic thing we just saw was... lol.

The whole quest was about saving Falin, but it seems they failed in the end.
@IzanaSolos The orcs mention that it was on the move. The dragon usually is on a lower level.
Mar 14, 10:38 AM

Feb 2023
Not the upbeat ED after that ending scene T-T

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Mar 14, 10:42 AM

Apr 2023
Given what Trigger has shown us so far I had high hopes for this fight, and damn did they deliver 🔥
Mar 14, 10:42 AM

Oct 2020
The end was very horrified, I'm very sorry Laios for your sister.
Mar 14, 10:47 AM

Mar 2021
The ED is very out of place with Laios holding the skull :P

Also, Marcille's hairstyles are so on point ^^

Healing pains—would you rather heal fast but painfully or slowly and peacefully?? I love Marcille's psycho smile when she says Falin's the better healer while she specializes in fast healing XD
Mar 14, 11:33 AM
Jun 2021
Perfect episode, art, animation and emotion everything was great.
Mar 14, 11:34 AM
Feb 2021
That cliffhanger was unexpectedly dark for such a fun episode, i wonder whats gonna happen next.
Mar 14, 11:42 AM
May 2021
oh my god that was actually such a good episode.
Mar 14, 11:45 AM
Aug 2017
Holy heck, this episode was the best so far, the animation had some of the best scenes and cuts as well. This is a 11 out of 10 episode and the story cliffhanger in the end is also dark AF. Wow...
Mar 14, 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
I know Falin will get resurrected but fuuuuuuck it was still painful to witness that final moment... Actually, the fact that we all know she'll just get resurrected but we STILL felt tension and fear during the fight + the characters' grief after is a testament to the writing.
Mar 14, 12:47 PM
May 2021
Wow amazing ep, this anime is soo underrated!!
Mar 14, 12:48 PM
Jul 2021
one of those episodes where the anime trumps the already great manga simply because the action of this fight has been absolutely gorgeously animated and with an insane attention to detail with the shots.
This was insanely fluid and so remarkable in terms of visual choicrs.
One hell of a final shot too.
ArtemisSatoMar 14, 4:57 PM
I chased fame, fortune and CANDY during MALoween 23

Main :

Bonus:
Mar 14, 12:54 PM
Apr 2022
That was wayyy more morbid than I was expecting outta this show lmao
Mar 14, 1:11 PM

Feb 2014
The battle against the red dragon proved to be a very tough one indeed. I'm glad that the animation quality all throughout the episode was very fluid and wacky, as I expect from Trigger when they go for it.

In the end, Laios and his team won the fight, each of them playing a huge pivotal part which ultimately gave Laios a chance to take a huge gamble in order to strike at the dragon's weak spot. Even during the attacks, the comedy moments still hit their target nicely and had me laughing with ease.

However, the aftermath of killing the dragon was sombre, as while they did rescue Falin, she's sadly nothing more than skull and bones. Playing the cheerful ED song straight after seeing Falin's skull was a sucker punch to the gut, though! ^^;

Here's hoping that, despite the gloom, Falin can be revived.
Mar 14, 1:35 PM

Nov 2020
God, what a good episode. The fight was very good, it wasn't something like the fight between Stark and Frieren, there were no epic sequences and such, but it doesn't matter, this anime is more realistic, the fight was well-thought-out and full of tension, everyone showed their skills, especially Laios who shows again that it is he's an MC, at some points I thought "are you sure you can just stand there and talk while fighting the dragon" but it doesn't matter imo. The cliffhanger was amazing, does this skull belong to Falin? we'll see in a weekđź‘Ś
Mar 14, 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
The ED song felt out of place after that dark ending..
Mar 14, 1:41 PM
Oct 2023
Holy mother of the divine.
Mar 14, 2:01 PM

May 2018
Pretty epic episode. I like this combination of comedy, horror and action.

Herman97 said:
The unintentional comedic timing on the cut from the last shot into the ed

Are you sure it was unintentional? Don't think so.
alshuMar 14, 2:04 PM
Mar 14, 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
This is the episode that I felt like they had to nail and they....KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!

It is by far my favorite episode of the whole show! The tone, the vibe, everything was DELICIOUSLY perfect!! And that last insanely grim shot of Laios looking at Falin's skull was just the cherry on top.
Signature.
Mar 14, 2:20 PM
Jan 2021
great fight scene, with an eerie image at the end.
Mar 14, 2:31 PM

Mar 2023
That was really morbid. Even knowing she is getting resurrected, the experience of seeing the remains still felt incredibly eerie
Mar 14, 2:56 PM
Dec 2020
The moment when Chilchuck shouted, "Hey, that's Falin's stuff" with his trembling voice. I think things can't get worse until I see what Laios gets in the end of the episode. I'm getting goosebumps.
Mar 14, 2:57 PM
May 2022
The animation in this show is so good.
The jump from the ending to ED song gave me a good chuckle.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Today

45 by davidyodo24 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

115 by BiggKab »»
34 minutes ago

» Dungeon Meshi Blu-ray Box / DVD vol.1 sold 2,766 copies in its first week.

deg - Apr 30

27 by Ionliosite2 »»
4 hours ago

» Delicious in dungeon connection to dungeons and dragons

Seruki123 - Yesterday

11 by Merve2Love »»
Today, 9:01 AM

» is this only moderately popular because its seinen?

deg - Apr 24

48 by alshu »»
Today, 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.