Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Another episode, another adventure. Glad to see Ivy earning the respect of the party. Those cooking skills really do come in handy for everyone.

The episode itself had an adventurous theme but also felt like a good way for everyone to get to know each other more. Feels like this episode goes to show Ivy's growth as a character as he puts his skills to use.
Mar 1, 6:43 AM

Feb 2020
Pleasant episode again. I like the world building in this show.

I would love to eat some food cooked by Ivy. She seems like an expert. :)

It's great that Ivy now has friends she can fully trust.

I didn't expect Meela to be a bad person, though.

SerafosMar 2, 6:42 AM
Mar 1, 8:08 AM
Mar 2021
trafficking kids?

damn damn shame
Mar 1, 8:14 AM
Jul 2023
Ivy finally developed enough trust in others to be more opened about herself, her social development is pleasant to see.
Mar 1, 8:17 AM
Sep 2016
I'm extremely conflicted abt this EP. Whilst it's by any mean still a good one, it skipped SOOO MANY materials from the source.

1. Ivy is supposed to already met Borolda's party days prior to the last day of ogre hunt. Borolda's party is having a celebration with the Flaming Sword members, with Ivy as the cook. That's how Ivy started to trust Borolda and his men as well.
2. Ivy was intoduced to the twins, way before the last day of the ogre hunt.
3. The time when Ivy felt someone is targeting her inside her camp was supposed to happen after. And Ivy told the Flaming Sword abt it.
4. That's why, on the last day of the ogre hunt, Ratlua opt to stay behind to keep an eye on Ivy. This is also the day where Ivy found out abt Mira being suspicious.
5. Everybody, incl. Ivy, is already well aware abt the organization targeting Ivy BEFORE they even reached Otorwa.

The way they portrayed Ivy's relationship with everyone in the anime, by skipping Ivy's interactions with Flaming Sword, Borolda's party, and Verdant/Green Wind during the ogre hunt, fails to explain why the Flaming Sword and Borolda's party became SOOO attached to Ivy, to the point of even wishing to adopt her, and eventually chose to trust her words abt Mira, despite the later being their old time friends. That, and by this this point, they also trust her because they already experienced just how smart and mature she is, so that when she says that Mira is a traitor, at least they know for sure that Ivy wouldn't throw this kinda accusations without proper bases.

It also fails to paint how severe Verdant/Green Wind's betrayal felt for everyone, incl. Ivy. Bc at one point Ivy actually felt some kind of closeness and camaraderie towards Mira, since both of them are tamers that works with slimes. That is before Sora revealed that Mira is a traitor.
uncleqrowMar 1, 8:31 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Mar 1, 8:18 AM
Sep 2015
I'm so glad Ivy finally share one of her secret to someone, but her biggest secret, the zero star controversy, remain tight-lipped. I hope this can be done within this season.
Mar 1, 8:38 AM

Mar 2021
Really great episode am so happy Ivy was able to finally trust people enough to tell them one of her secrets she deserves to be happy and have people accept her for who she is.
Mar 1, 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm, better. We got a lot of the main points and some fun moments this episode. We got some good, small lore drops as well. The details in this show are wonderful to see.

For details and lore drops, we get even more confirmation that magic items wear out with time. The expensive and consumable magic item they used throughout this episode is a good pointer to that. A big reason why the trash dumps are so big. Small details in how the clothing is put together, the stitching, the patterns, all of it is very well done and I am loving the variety per character they've had so far. Take Nuga's pants, very simple with large stitches on each side to combine two halves together. A practical and simple outfit that goes well with a strength type character.

For information, we learn about the slave group here and Ivy also opens up to the two teams. I liked the team's reaction as well. They are keeping the adults competent so far and I loved it. Even if they didn't fully believe Ivy or had doubts, they did still check out the tip just to make sure. As any adult in their position should do, just in case.

I am hoping they keep up this type of momentum for the finale.

Also, smug Sora is smug. Best cat gets little screen time but Ciel is still best cat.

LN Differences:
CallidinMar 1, 9:32 AM
Mar 1, 9:45 AM

Mar 2013
New allies for Femicia? let's go!!!

Ciel is a trustworthy friend that's looking out for her well-being.

Another cool adventure.
CrazyButNot4UMar 1, 9:57 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 1, 11:02 AM
Jan 2013
Reply to phantomfandom
I'm so glad Ivy finally share one of her secret to someone, but her biggest secret, the zero star controversy, remain tight-lipped. I hope this can be done within this season.
@phantomfandom me to not the biggest one but that will take a while
Mar 1, 11:03 AM
Jan 2013
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
New allies for Femicia? let's go!!!

Ciel is a trustworthy friend that's looking out for her well-being.

Another cool adventure.
@CrazyButNot4U if she did get kidnapped they would have a huge problem
Mar 1, 11:16 AM
Nov 2021
I wouldn't worry about the pacing of the adaptation compared to the OC until they're done with the season. So far, i enjoyed my time. Let em cook.
Mar 1, 11:25 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to uncleqrow
I'm extremely conflicted abt this EP. Whilst it's by any mean still a good one, it skipped SOOO MANY materials from the source.

1. Ivy is supposed to already met Borolda's party days prior to the last day of ogre hunt. Borolda's party is having a celebration with the Flaming Sword members, with Ivy as the cook. That's how Ivy started to trust Borolda and his men as well.
2. Ivy was intoduced to the twins, way before the last day of the ogre hunt.
3. The time when Ivy felt someone is targeting her inside her camp was supposed to happen after. And Ivy told the Flaming Sword abt it.
4. That's why, on the last day of the ogre hunt, Ratlua opt to stay behind to keep an eye on Ivy. This is also the day where Ivy found out abt Mira being suspicious.
5. Everybody, incl. Ivy, is already well aware abt the organization targeting Ivy BEFORE they even reached Otorwa.

The way they portrayed Ivy's relationship with everyone in the anime, by skipping Ivy's interactions with Flaming Sword, Borolda's party, and Verdant/Green Wind during the ogre hunt, fails to explain why the Flaming Sword and Borolda's party became SOOO attached to Ivy, to the point of even wishing to adopt her, and eventually chose to trust her words abt Mira, despite the later being their old time friends. That, and by this this point, they also trust her because they already experienced just how smart and mature she is, so that when she says that Mira is a traitor, at least they know for sure that Ivy wouldn't throw this kinda accusations without proper bases.

It also fails to paint how severe Verdant/Green Wind's betrayal felt for everyone, incl. Ivy. Bc at one point Ivy actually felt some kind of closeness and camaraderie towards Mira, since both of them are tamers that works with slimes. That is before Sora revealed that Mira is a traitor.
Wholesome. Imagine being trusted by strangers, and trusting them back.

@uncleqrow That's interesting.

I haven't read the light novel, but I thought the episode mostly worked, in line with the feel-good tone of the earlier episodes. Yes, it did feel weird that everyone just accepted it when a kid they happened to pick up accused one of their own. But the anime did set it up with the squad appreciating Ivy's cooking and hard-working attitude, even if it wasn't much and very surface-level... So I can't complain too much.

It's a shame that I missed out on some good development. Maybe this was necessary to hit the story endpoint the producers wanted, and not due to carelessness.
Mar 1, 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
This is a very enjoyable show (at least for me). Ivy finally trusts people enough to reveal Sora to them. I imagine she'll use Sora to bait the bad guys. Wonder if she'll reveal her gender to the party, as well as the fact she's starless, and that an OP beast is guarding her. Ivy has lots of secrets :D. Think she'll definitely do it eventually, but I wonder how soon will that happen.
Mar 1, 1:04 PM

Mar 2021
This was maybe the first episode for me that felt a little rushed in terms of the narrative pacing. (I did not read the light novels, but it did not surprise me to find out that the material was pared down a bit.) It still worked really well in my opinion, but I definitely could see it having more impact if there was more time spent interacting with and learning about the other adventurer groups.

That being said, it did not really detract from the emotional impact of the episode in my opinion. It felt like the natural progression from Ivy being solitary, and uneasy around people to fully trusting the well meaning groups of adventures. (And it is not like the anime has been rapidly paced up to this point, so it did feel pretty gradual overall.) For a girl with a lot of secrets (and a lot of things still to overcome), revealing one of them felt absolutely cathartic. Just a lovely end to the episode.

If you had told me that this was going to be one of my favorite shows of the season, I would have been extremely skeptical. (And it is not like there is a dearth of very watchable shows airing right now.) It's just a solid story with interesting characters and worldbuilding, and well above average production values. I am quite engaged.
Mar 1, 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
Oh good, something nice happened for a change. These episodes usually leave me feeling depressed or angry AF wanting characters to die, like that village chief who started all of this. Sucks about Meela/Mira though, who turned out to be a villain.
Mar 1, 2:37 PM
Aug 2023
@uncleqrow We talking light novel or manga? Or both?
Mar 1, 4:43 PM

May 2019
It's a shame that Meela is someone Ivy cannot trust as I was thinking they could've bonded over the fact that they're both tamers and on that note I'm glad she didn't reveal Sora to her. At least Ivy has another group of adventurers that trust her and that she trusts.

Also, Sora is amazing with not only being able to heal but also knowing who is untrustworthy.
Mar 1, 6:53 PM
Mar 2021
True Buddies have been acquired!
Mar 1, 7:49 PM

Feb 2019
Sora is Ivy's lie-slash-danger detecting pal! And Ciel is her highly dangerous bodyguard who wouldn't think twice about pouncing on anyone who dare to harm her. I wonder when Ciel will be introduced to her newfound friends...?
Mar 1, 8:11 PM
Dec 2022
The plot thickens
Mar 1, 9:06 PM
Apr 2023
Who would've thought a respectable tamer and party would be involved with a criminal organization.
Good thing Sora is there and the other adventurers all share trust in Ivy. I hope Ivy will continue to be with them as she grows up.
Mar 2, 3:18 AM

Sep 2010
I wasn't sure at first whether Ivy was initially disturbed or happy that her word was enough to get them to turn on Meela, or at least tail and spy on her. Kind of reminds me of how she got ostracized in her home village on the word of the priest and the leader that her starless status was a bad omen. That said, the people here seem to be taking a more measured approach, starting with just investigation.

I would have picked the team in the previous town for Ivy to reveal some of her secrets too, but this captain seems pretty good too, plus Ivy seems to have a more pressing reason to reveal Sora to them.

Alfredo-Sauce said:
It's a shame that Meela is someone Ivy cannot trust as I was thinking they could've bonded over the fact that they're both tamers and on that note I'm glad she didn't reveal Sora to her. At least Ivy has another group of adventurers that trust her and that she trusts.
Maybe a little late for that. Ivy already talked about disintegrating slimes with Meela.
Mar 2, 6:18 AM

Nov 2013
no Meela, why? :(
I thought you're a good person for Ivy.

but I glad Ivy meet the right person and trust them.. from now, I hope the story will be wholesome from now
Mar 2, 7:23 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Stark700
Another episode, another adventure. Glad to see Ivy earning the respect of the party. Those cooking skills really do come in handy for everyone.

The episode itself had an adventurous theme but also felt like a good way for everyone to get to know each other more. Feels like this episode goes to show Ivy's growth as a character as he puts his skills to use.
@Stark700 well, the episode was good, especially the revelation of the Miss Meela!
Mar 2, 7:26 AM
Dec 2023
overall the episode was good, but i wanted more from them. I also want to know more about Ivy's life in the upcoming epismd6lRreWK0godes including how her family tried to kill her? how she was able to escape from her family and the village head? i want to all of these.
Girl Reincarnates With An Overpowered Taming Ability And A Slime Friend | Anime Recap
Mar 2, 7:26 AM

Jun 2016
why this show very interesting to watch !!
Mar 2, 7:29 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to NirvashX1
why this show very interesting to watch !!
@NirvashX1 there are lot of things to watch in this anime and i hope they continue this momentum to the end!
Mar 2, 7:31 AM
Dec 2023
did anybody noticed the cooking of Ivy? i mean she is reminding me the anime delicious in dungeon but her cooking looks better than them!
Girl Reincarnates With An Overpowered Taming Ability And A Slime Friend | Anime Recap
Mar 2, 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
She finally got to reveal her friend, Sora. If possible, I would like to see Ciel being reveal as Ivy's friend too. She could have a gain some tamer friend in Mira, but it seems she's a lowlife. No wonder the twins seems wary of that baldy. I wonder how they would feel if they found out Ivy is a girl.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Mar 2, 12:12 PM

May 2019
Reply to Takata
I wasn't sure at first whether Ivy was initially disturbed or happy that her word was enough to get them to turn on Meela, or at least tail and spy on her. Kind of reminds me of how she got ostracized in her home village on the word of the priest and the leader that her starless status was a bad omen. That said, the people here seem to be taking a more measured approach, starting with just investigation.

I would have picked the team in the previous town for Ivy to reveal some of her secrets too, but this captain seems pretty good too, plus Ivy seems to have a more pressing reason to reveal Sora to them.

Alfredo-Sauce said:
Maybe a little late for that. Ivy already talked about disintegrating slimes with Meela.
@Takata
That's true and thinking it over maybe it was Meela creeping up to Ivy's tent that night she felt a bad presence. We'll see what happens but at least Ivy has another adventurer group watching over her plus Ciel is nearby in the forest in case Meela and her group try to ambush her out there.
Mar 3, 11:34 AM

Nov 2013
Ivy continues to prepare food for them and they keep protecting her, nice group

kinda funny how Sora can detect bad people lol
didn't expect the nice lady to be a bad person, oh well

and ofc the best moment, she decided to tell them about Sora, after how they told her they trust in her, and now we hope that her trust isn't going to be betrayed, and i think it won't, this group is nice after all
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 4, 4:33 AM

Oct 2008
that's great that Sora is a super rare slime but that is because Ivy is the tamer she might be beyond prodigy! damn!
the companions became more loyal than ever! if Anyone turns, Sora would immediately detect it with ease! for now Ivy be trusting her true loyal companion dudes!
5/5.

Mar 4, 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
I definitely liked this episode better and preferred it over the last two (especially episode seven), so that's something.
Mar 4, 11:13 AM
Jan 2022
nice to see Ivy opening up and trusting people. overcoming that trauma is hard and it's good to see supportive people helping them get there
Mar 4, 3:01 PM
Feb 2021
I'm glad Ivy is finally opening up to people. I hope things keep going well from now on.
Mar 6, 3:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Big reveal to the guys that Ivy had a pet slime. But that's nothing compared to when or if she shares her no-star status with them...

Anyway, was half-expecting it to be this blazing sword group to actually be the child traffickers, trying to win Ivy on their side, and the gale group being the ones who were trying to rescue her- but it definitely didn't look like that. Blazing sword dudes are the ones in the op after all, they're basically Ivy's family at this point, which is good. She's suffered way too much already.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 6, 8:01 PM

Aug 2012
Japan has it in for that particular character design, Meela looks similar to b*tch from Tate Yuusha. No surprise she would be just as awful with the child trafficking
Mar 8, 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
In contrast to Sora, Meela's Lasdal and Leedal can consume swords, though a disintegrating slime can be worth many. And the feeling of uneasiness...is the pile of weapons disposal, which is of great source.

Ivy's been taking care of the adventurer groups while using her familiars for a lookout, though the tension between the various smaller groups like Meela's Green Gale being not comfortable around Borolda's Lightning King, it doesn't seem like a lot, but it can be read between the lines. Of course, Sora would be happy to be the potion garbage bin, though that same tension of Ivy's has not shrouded. Even Sora felt that uneasiness, but only with Meela.

Ivy travelling to Otolwa with the Blazing Sword, and the matter of danger is now with human trafficking, with children like Ivy being potential targets. They're hoping for any clues, which Ivy gives them a rather thorough explanation of her ordeal. Besides Lattrua being a regular nuisance, Ivy does have a culprit in mind: Meela, but that she cannot reveal Sora to them, unless it is comfortable with the group. In fact, Lattrua and the others did their research, and found Green Gale doing their shady business, which correlates with Ivy's findings. The last step, however, is revealing her tamer nature with Sora to them with getting their trust, and this is also a secret kept under tight wraps.

Ivy, Sora and the Blazing Swords, a great team together.
Mar 30, 2:13 AM
Aug 2023
It was heartwarming that Ivy could finally bring herself to trust others again. However there's another reason why the adventurer teams could trust her besides the extra effort Ivy puts in with the cooking reason, they also knew the guard capt was her guarantor. It's obvious they left that fact out since the cooking reason has a better sentiment.
Apr 9, 6:37 AM

Jun 2022
Yeah , I Want No Part In Kids Drama Man . She Grew Up , Lost Cuteness . So , Am Out!
Apr 9, 9:34 PM
Mar 2019
I get that Ivy has trust issues, but it can get annoying sometimes.
Apr 20, 10:04 PM
Dec 2022
I've watched all 8 episodes and so far I don't think the story is interesting.
Apr 23, 7:54 AM

Feb 2021
Saying the truth is much better than lie.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 30, 11:04 AM
Jan 2023
So the adventurer group has been introduced to Sora after he gave correct information about someone involved with awful crimes like had been going on.

Lovely to see that Ivy is trusting other people again, even with what happened to her in the past.

Big kitty being good up there looking out for Ivy too! So cute!
Jun 1, 2:14 AM

Nov 2019
So Tamers who control rare slimes benefit from high social status; Even a disintegrating slime hasn't been seen that common. So that means Sora is a very special case since it's survived its normal life cycle too. Meela can control the two sword eating slimes so she is clearly well off.

Meat strew and skewers look very nice in this episode. I wonder what the presence that keeps pursuing Ivy. Tamer Meela seems to be the bad guy based on Sora's judgement and Sora can tell a character fairly accurately like it did when the alcohol smuggler went past them.

Ivy reveals the fact that Meela is a member of the faction that's involved with kidnapping. The group don't believe her at first but after they investigate they come to a conclusion that she's been colluding with a merchant in secret with a suspicious method of privacy blocker. She reveals Sora to the group and it seems like they are all people with good conscience.

So far I think this series is going to be more on the episodic side with different adventures every episode. It works well for the style of story it has where there is no direction.
Jun 12, 3:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was first sus of Meela when Ivy was with her while feeling the presence, didn’t want it to be her but the truth is the truth, Sora doesn’t lie lol, and of course the first beautiful babe we meet in a while and she’s a child trafficker, go figure, tho it should be exciting seeing the boys confront Green Gale.

It was also nice to see Ivy open up to the suppression group guys, it made a lot of sense for her to keep Sora a secret but I think it was the right move for her to trust those lads like they trusted her, now let’s just hope they’re not also two-faced lol, let’s keep the wholesome vibes going.
TheColonel76Jun 12, 3:46 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23

49 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 8, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

68 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 1, 11:41 AM

» Studio deserves a shut down

TurnipFan - Jul 14

21 by Otakupervert890 »»
Aug 24, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 23, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

82 by iwubanime »»
Jul 28, 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.