Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 4:55 PM

Sep 2015

We were honestly robbed from being able to have Yamato wear the Egghead outfit, such a disappointment.

WOOOOHH!! It's already the best episode, because Nami is getting attacked !

Getting some of the strong world OST too, i'm loving it.

Personally i'm not a fan of these new Egghead soundtracks, i'm hoping there are better ones later on.

That masked helmet guy looks like one of those Jhin skins in League of Legends.

Throughout this episode I was dying to see Luffy most of the time. But damn what is that robot at the end?

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 24, 4:58 PM

Nov 2016
Sanji getting fired up when Nami is in danger is daily business, but seeing Robin like that is a treat. Cool Seraphim durability showcase.

I love all the Vegapunk's, you can tell Oda and everyone having a lot of fun with them. Now it's easy to see why the orginal Vegapunk had to split himself up for maximal productivity. York has the best job. Sleep, eat, poop, repeat xD

Fun episode, next one will go into the meat of the arc(not talking about more cheeks)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 24, 5:57 PM

Apr 2022
s-shark was tough but our baddies and sanji were holding their own. robin getting mad is a treat for sure. we see a couple more vegapunks as well, one of which is york. the food on egghead would've been depleted had it not been for their technology since there's so many gluttons running around lol. almost thought luffy wasn't ginna show up this episode. also the transition from sanji's leg flame to the flame in vegapunk 03's eye was smooth.
Feb 24, 7:22 PM
Aug 2022
it's not on crunchyroll yet why?
Feb 24, 7:31 PM

Nov 2012
S-shark is so cute. Deadly, but cute.
Robin almost looked like a kitsune when she did her gigante fleur.

I wish loosing weight was a matter of pooping.

dragynfaerieFeb 24, 7:48 PM
Feb 24, 7:32 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to bdogzippy
it's not on crunchyroll yet why?
@bdogzippy it is now. refresh.
Feb 24, 7:56 PM

Apr 2016
Getting ready for more Lore Piece with the giant robot from the past it looks awesome
York's job seems to be pretty dang easy LOL
Feb 24, 8:57 PM
Jan 2021
The fight between the Straw Hats and the Jimbei Seraphim continues. At some point he swims through the ground, showing off the same ability as Senor Pink, meaning that Vegapunk has figured out how to copy Devil Fruit abilities (which explains the SMILE Fruit that Momo ate that give him the same abilities as Kaido). Robin tries to retaliate, but is countered with the water in the air.

We then get to see Thinker (Edison), Wisdom (Pythagoras) who are using this fight to get some valuable data.

HELL NAH! I’M NOT STANDING BY AND ACCEPTING THE IDEA THAT YOU’RE USING THE STRAW HATS FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN! YOU WILL REGRET MESSING WITH THEM!

We learn that the Seraphim is calling S-Shark and it seems that his fighting skills are evolving as he’s battling. Suddenly, all the Vegapunks get hungry and then we’re introduced to Greed (York). As York eats, it somehow satisfies every one of the Vegapunks. I guess they all share certain senses, such as hunger. Also after she uses the restroom, they all feel relieved and York goes back to sleep. Apparently this is her fourth Kuu Dasu Neru (Eat Poop Sleep) today!

Shaka meets up with Thinker, Pythagoras, and Lilith and orders them to stop S-Shark’s assault. They object at first, but I guess Shaka is the boss. The Straw Hats’ shoes act strange and they all get pulled away, not being able to move freely. Shaka stops S-Shark and he talks with the Straw Hats. Apparently the shoes they are wearing are called Dom Shoes and the reason the Straw Hats can’t move is because of the magnetism of the lab, keeping the shoes in place.

Luffy and Chopper are exploring Vegapunk’s scrapyard of failed inventions as this conversation continues. Shaka reveals this island is from the past. NANI?!?!??!? BUT IT’S SO FUTURISTIC. This is from 900 years ago. Luffy and Chopper find a giant iron robot. Jimbei remarks that only future technology could allow this to be powered.

What mysteries await?!

I CAN’T WAIT FOR MORE ONE PIECE!
Feb 24, 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
As expected, S-Shark was incredibly strong and our Straw Hats had a decent amount of problems with him. While Sanji's response to Nami getting into a sticky situation was obvious, such an angry expression on Robin's face is a huge rarity, which really added the icing on the cake to the whole scene, and the animation throughout the whole fight looked very clean.

I was shocked that S-Shark was able to use the same devil power as Senor Pink, which Franky also noticed immediately. As we know, Senor Pink and the other officers of the Donquixote family were arrested by the Navy. Was the Devil Fruit taken from them during this time or why does S-Shark have the Swim Swim Fruit? Also, what exactly does that greenish blood in the right forearm represent? Even crazier is the fact that S-Shark is apparently still a child, which meant that the fight against the Straw Hats only provided combat data for further development. All these facts keep me coming back to the same question. What exactly are these seraphims and why do they bear such resemblance to many of the characters we know?

With Kuu Dasu Neru (Eat Poop Sleep), Greed probably has the “most strenuous” job lol. It seemed like the Vegapunks' stomachs were connected to each other, which made this scene all the more amusing.

I can hardly believe what Shaka claimed at the end. This island is said to be from the past and such advanced technology already existed 900 years ago? This explains the extremely run-down robot that Luffy and Chopper found at the scrapyard, but unfortunately it doesn't make it any more explainable. As if the 100 year void wasn't puzzling enough, Oda of course adds another layer of puzzles here.

I can only emphasize again and again how much fun I am having with the Egghead Island Arc with all the new information and obviously the new questions that have arisen.

For all the Robin enjoyers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 24, 9:28 PM

Jul 2007
Just a forewarning do not watch the preview of this episode. Get ready guys, next week is going to suprise alot of people. Egghead only continues to become more interesting with each new episode.

Feb 24, 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
First episode in Egghead proper that I actually got some bigger complainings about the padding.
That goes to show just how nice we have been going with this arc, how unfortunate the winning spree ends here.

But hey, at least it wasn't even that bad still, leagues better than some painful early Wano eps, and god forbid, Dressrossa's almost entirety in that regard (the staring contest to the sound of dramatic music in there was so much worse too).

3/5
DanpmssFeb 25, 5:20 PM
Feb 24, 9:39 PM

Mar 2020
The Egghead island is from the past.. so the Void Century's technology was that far ahead

A great introduction to the Vegapunks this episode, although I think we are missing one more, right?
They all seem to be unique in their own rights, almost as if they are based off one trope. Oh wait, they are. Well, it's not a bad thing necessarily.

I think the guy we see in the opening might be the 6th Vegapunk.
Also, we finally get to see that huge robot from the opening, who also seems to be from the Void Century.

Cant get a Void Century flashback soon enough man

Great animation all around this episode, it was pretty nice to see the Straw Hats fighting together after so long. "Maybe, I'm a Vegapunk too".
Didn't feel like the pace dragged too much this episode.

The next episode is Robin and Ohara focussed!!!!!! Cant come soon enough either
Feb 24, 10:05 PM

Jul 2008
Here we go, Robin fans about to feast.
Feb 24, 11:15 PM
Jan 2020
THE 6 VEGAPUNKS! YORK IS SO CUTE! BUT THEY MASSACRED MY BOY SANJI :(
Feb 25, 12:42 AM
Apr 2021
I love the animation in this episode off rip I can tell Naotoshi Shida animated the beginning part of the fight and some in the middle that guy is such a goat🔥🔥🔥

Holy fucking shit man I forgot how much ass shots there were in Egghead from the manga I kept trying to read the subtitles only to see Robin or Nami’s ass right behind the words thank god oda focused on ass during this arc😩😩😩😩
Feb 25, 1:05 AM
Sep 2012
maaaan robin episodes are the best, can't wait - preview dictates we crying for robin next week
Feb 25, 1:28 AM

Jun 2014
We're about to dive into Lorehead 🙏
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 25, 1:57 AM

Apr 2015
I remember when this chapter was released and we all had our minds blown about One piece being set in a Post apocalyptic world.
Good stuff!
Feb 25, 2:54 AM
Dec 2022
S-Shark silly love seeing funny fruit powers used Robin going off again AHHH OMFGGG EDISON AND PYTHAGORAS GRAAA the animation I love it so much
EDISON MY BELOVED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FINALLY GET TO SEE HIM IM SO HAPPY 😭😭😭😭

I love the new soundtrack so much SANJI RAGDOLL LMFAO
York moment eat poop sleep
SHAKA RAAAAAA LETS GOOOOO
Funny robot hehehehe gaa it looks so good

Luffy so Sabo coded

I am not ready for the Ohara flashback again, im actually gonna cry lmao

Spoilers no clicky
Feb 25, 3:31 AM
May 2021
Robin greatness begins from next ep!
Feb 25, 3:36 AM
Sep 2020
Very Intresting .
Feb 25, 4:42 AM

Feb 2020
The animation of the fight against Seraphim Jinbe was good, Naotoshi Shida's line is what I'm most used to looking at and knowing right away

JIKAI
Feb 25, 7:33 AM
Jul 2013
Not bad Seraphim Jimbe vs the Mugis.

•Evidently, with the mugis at a technological disadvantage.

But even more interesting, the VEGAPUNK.

Another one of those Oda things that I'm dying to know the truth behind.
Feb 25, 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Finally a mention about the void century!!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Feb 25, 8:51 AM
May 2020
technology of the past
Feb 25, 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
What a funny episode, really tasty to watch it, a lot of action for the straw hats, a lot of funny things about the Vegapunks, and more mysteries about the Egghead island, well, I just thought that Jinbei "Seraphim" thing would be explained here, but they're probably adapting the manga slowly. Egghead is being my favorite OP arc 'till now, this is by far the best beginning of an One Piece arc ever.

9,8/10
Feb 25, 1:55 PM
Sep 2022
This episode was very well animated, several good cuts and lighting throughout, tho some awkward moments of staring that thankfully didn't last too long.

Not as well-paced as last weeks, but the animation was even better.
Feb 25, 7:32 PM

Jan 2016
Learned a lot this episode:
1. These guys can definitely fight Seraphim easily, but they get stronger as they fight.
2. The 6 Vegapunks are all connected as if were the same person, with York covering nutrition, excretion, and relaxation. They seem like more effective shadow clones (Naruto reference) to me with that being the fact.
3. Edison & Pythagoras want data, Lilith wants pirates destroyed, Shaka seems to be of reason for the totality of circumstances and is only wary of pirates but understands.
4. Vegapunk learned about pre-void and likely void century, and as we know...

1. That is major taboo to know anything about or have ability to look into
2. This is likely why CP0 is taking Vegapunk out
3. We know Imu can delete islands
4. We know complete eradication to include Buster Call for people/places with knowledge or ability to look into Void Century

With what Shaka just said, this arc is going to be absolutely insane as this has to be priority #1 for Gorosei and once they see our Nika is there too no way #delete and/or Buster Call x10 does not occur. The other Vegapunks should know... please Shaka, alliance!

rated 4/5, my brain is saying nothing happened, even though so much happened.

Feb 25, 11:22 PM
Apr 2022
All I’m saying is… keep an eye on York, very interesting character.
Feb 26, 2:46 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to ArtimesGamer
Just a forewarning do not watch the preview of this episode. Get ready guys, next week is going to suprise alot of people. Egghead only continues to become more interesting with each new episode.

@ArtimesGamer

Time for some fun and games to begin.

Let the world building explode.
Feb 26, 3:36 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Hoy shit Toei is full of agenda merchant, what the hell was that S-shark v. Sanji fight?
Feb 26, 7:24 AM
May 2022
they just hate sanji😭😭😭😭
Feb 26, 10:00 AM

May 2015
Yo, what the hell? Actual lore at the beginning of an arc? What's next, not having to run around the battlefield for a hundred episodes?
Feb 26, 11:52 AM

Aug 2021
they've really nailed all the new designs of eggehead from the manga
Feb 27, 2:10 PM
Jan 2023
Oda going from cooking to barbequing frfr 👨‍🍳
Feb 27, 5:04 PM
Sep 2019
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Feb 27, 7:06 PM

Aug 2019
I'm obsessed with Shaka’s voice and his look. My favourite Vegapunk lol
Feb 27, 7:14 PM

Nov 2008
Now we get Oda's homage to Miyazaki with a Laputa reference.

Speaking of Oda doing homage - Is Vegapunk a Dr. Slump homage?

Mar 2, 5:03 PM

Feb 2018
01 Vega dropping some bombs at the end of the episode damn >_<
Mar 3, 4:11 AM

Apr 2013
Somehow I don't like that concept of multiple Vegapunks, seems kinda dumb. Also please no more Ohara flashbacks...
Mar 4, 3:40 AM

Feb 2021
Shaka the good one :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 4, 2:23 PM
May 2023
it was a 10/10 ep. like one of the fastest 20mins of my life
Mar 9, 3:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Incredible, 900 years ago there was already an island more advanced than the one they are now!
kekeke
Mar 10, 4:10 AM

Dec 2013
The Vegapunks were having way too much fun using the straw hats as their little guinea pigs to test the Seraphim.

Having someone literally eat shit and sleep for you sounds really convenient.
Mar 26, 4:02 PM
Nov 2022
Mr big brain aka vegapunk
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Jun 2019
Our crew was seriously struggling against Seraphim. Shaka came at the perfect time.
Apr 21, 12:32 PM
Jun 2016
i think this arc its so goofy

More topics from this board

» Egghead's pacing has been spectacular!

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

4 by Sagepool »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joe1991 - Sep 19, 2008

112 by TheStarscream759 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 992 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Sep 18, 2021

83 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Would you some day completely rewatch OP?

Zimmu - Mar 13

41 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.