Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
I just hope Warumono doesn't catch on that he actually did something nice for someone. It could kind of mess with his image.

As a young man navigating his new life as a working adult, he finds himself at the convenience store in search of a late-night dinner. While perusing the items, he encounters Warumono exuding a dark aura within the store. It seems that the sale of the Chinese buns, which he had been looking forward to as a post-work treat, has come to an end. Witnessing this "self-reward" in the form of a mischievous act, what thoughts cross the young man's mind? As spring arrives in the town, Warumono heads to a park with cherry blossoms, eager to experience the traditional cherry blossom viewing that Earthlings enjoy. There, Warumono encounters a peculiar young girl.

The konbini girl is like a breath of fresh air. It's a shame that most people in the real world don't have her level of kindness and dedication. Clearly, there's a big demand for the konbini girl, as she seems to be the second most frequently appearing character, just behind Warumono. Speaking of her, it's nice to see the friendship growing between the konbini girl and Warumono. They're not a romantic couple, but they make really good friends. I can totally relate to Warumono's struggles, especially when you're stuck hauling a ton of groceries up the stairs – a real-world challenge we've all faced.

And then there's the sakura girl, hitting me right in the feels out of nowhere. I think she's more like the spirit of the tree than a ghost of a child. Her ability to make flowers bloom and those flower hairpins she wears suggest a deeper connection. Her unique hair and eyes add to the mystery. Also, preview shows a new color of the power rangers.. Pink!

Here's hoping not only that the sakura girl is alive and well but also that we get to see more of her in future episodes.

Jan 28, 10:46 AM

Feb 2021
Hopefully this guy won't turn out like Akira from Zom 100 lol. I'm getting a wholesome vibe from him. And I kinda want to ship him with the store clerk.
Oh yeah, I've seen sakura leaves being used in Japanese confections, so they're edible! Definitely want to try something with real sakura leaves someday.
Warumono thinking about coffee making with such a fierce voice is comedy gold lmao
14:42 ドリア (doria, From Italian “Doria”, named after the Doria family of Genoa) - a type of rice gratin popular in Japan/pilaf topped with bechamel or other cheese-based sauce, then oven baked​
That stair climb was actually so epic
In the manga the girl actually appeared way earlier, in chapter 6 (every chapter is about 5 pages, so this is really early) (I'm reading the manga along with the anime for this too). She seems really interesting and mysterious, I hope she appears again. I personally like how they rearranged things a bit.
Reeeally liked this episode, the best one so far. It was both funny and wholesome ~( ̄▽ ̄)~
The next episode is focused on the pink ranger, nice. Maybe the sakura girl is her relative or something.
EmbientJan 28, 10:54 AM
Jan 28, 11:13 AM

Apr 2022
One fateful encounter later, Warumono-san is still the kindest "bad guy" of the season

Jan 28, 12:06 PM

Apr 2017
Loved the episode so much!
Jan 28, 1:08 PM

Dec 2022
well another well deserved day off though this anime would really hit different if this was on friday
anyway the preview of the next episode makes me excited
also maybe i should buy some treats for myself now and then
Jan 28, 1:17 PM

Nov 2023
Wholesome episode with some funny moments thrown in there.

I'm excited for next week as we get to see Pink for the first time.
Jan 28, 3:02 PM
Aug 2022
Warumono and the store lady seem to have gotten closer I find they’re little friendship very wholesome.

I’m starting to like this show more and more as the episodes pass, too cute crisis which is the show I’m mostly comparing this too made me laugh way more and had cats as a main focus so I’d say I still like that show more.

But I definitely prefer this shows mc and find this show more comforting.

That girl at the end was definitely another one of the hero’s
Jan 28, 4:41 PM

Sep 2018
Nice melancholic ending, immediately followed by "NANDO MO NANDO MO!", way to take me out of it lol...
Jan 28, 5:37 PM

Dec 2020
that episode was TOO real for people caught in the overworked spiral -_-

but seriously what a fantastic episode. what a fun anime, it's so fun! but it's really kinda overachieving for what i thought it would be :o
Jan 28, 8:40 PM
Oct 2016
I did really enjoy the episode.

Only point of is because most of this anime so far I have thought was better or on par with the manga - this was the only episode I thought that the manga did it better.
Jan 28, 9:32 PM
Oct 2020
After having read the manga, all I end up doing is going " hey, it's that chapter of the manga", but I will say, this is a great adaptation, just cause I get to see it longer, the manga chapters are too short

It looks like the Sakura girl is here, the stories with it are some of my favorites, can't wait to see more
Jan 29, 1:04 AM

Jul 2017
A salaryman having to juggle with both his life and work, he finds Warumono gasping for the Chinese panda bun, though the promotion had already ended and the convenience store clerk advises him, as well with giivng him positive vibes to go throughout the day. Meanwhile, Warumono tates cherry blossoms for the first time, and finds them peculiar. With new products, her enthusiasm brings Warumono to new heights within the convenience store to purchase and try out for himself.

It's Warumono's day off once again, and he's searching for latte art. Seeing how it's being done, that is certainly one way to make coffee, and the reason why he does so...is to take pictures of the panda on top of the café latte. And as it melts within the coffee, Warumono can feel stressed, and that's one way to make a customer cry for help for more. That pushes him to buy ingredients that would make panda stew, and plate all on panda foodware. All that's left...is to climb the stairway to hell back to his apartment carrying heavy bags on his shoulders and hands.

Another day off, but the cherry blossom season has passed, and Warumono wanting to have a picnic, finds a girl picking up petals, to then sight his bag and eat from there. Surely, that child must've been a cherry blossom spirit, though he'll visit her again when the season comes again in the future.

A plentiful episode...
Jan 29, 9:14 AM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

Funny / chill/ and a lovely scene to finish
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 29, 10:58 AM

Mar 2010
Relaxing episode. Honestly thought the pink hair girl was pink ranger haha.
Jan 29, 11:38 AM

Sep 2016
This episode made me think of that Erykah Badu song "Bag Lady" XD
Jan 29, 2:21 PM
Dec 2014
Every new episode is a warm to my heart and a weekly refresh <3
Jan 29, 4:20 PM

Sep 2017
Our boy interacting with the cashier is such a mood.
Jan 30, 8:46 PM

Sep 2021
Dropping this now. It's just really, really boring.

It's not funny or cute. It doesn't provoke any deeper thoughts either.
And while there are some relatable moments, it's nothing that connects to me emotionally. Just compare it to last season's Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. At least for me, the diffrence is as clear as day and night.

Part of the failure is how Warumono-san is such a boring character. He's just some silent dude spending his pasttime watching pandas. Lacks personality, partially because there was never any plot regarding his work and background.

Also, it still feels like it's broadcasted at 0.75x speed.

3/10.
Feb 1, 9:37 PM
Jan 2022
I ship Warumono-san and the convenience store girl. I have a problem but I don't apologize for it
Feb 3, 2:35 PM

Aug 2019
The clerk has incredible persuasive skills. She knows how to sell new products to customers like Mr. Villain.

He must have lot of storage in his phone lol
Feb 5, 1:49 PM
Feb 2015
..........Does this guy not realize he can just go up the stairs with one bag at a time and come back down for the next? 😳

Edit: Oh man, I wasn't expecting Maaya Sakamoto to be the one to voice the cherry blossom fairy 😂
Now I can see why people were saying Hijiri in iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls should have a Maaya Sakamoto voice to her when she was getting a voice 'cause Maaya acting as a kid sounds like something I woulda thought for Hijiri
BonBonToroFeb 5, 1:55 PM
Feb 6, 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to BonBonToro
..........Does this guy not realize he can just go up the stairs with one bag at a time and come back down for the next? 😳

Edit: Oh man, I wasn't expecting Maaya Sakamoto to be the one to voice the cherry blossom fairy 😂
Now I can see why people were saying Hijiri in iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls should have a Maaya Sakamoto voice to her when she was getting a voice 'cause Maaya acting as a kid sounds like something I woulda thought for Hijiri
@BonBonToro

You always carry them all at once or die trying.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 18, 11:34 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Honestly, the convenience store clerk is really good. She communicates with people pretty well and understands what often ails the heart of every day people. Good, friendly worker.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 20, 2:04 PM

Oct 2019
Warumono-san is very funny. Did he meet the Sakura spirit or something?
Feb 23, 7:41 PM

Jan 2022
Does he like the store bc they have bags with pandas on them? What started his obsession with pandas? The store clerk really carries the anime ngl. When are we going to see him in action? It seems like he has more days off than work days.
This never updates so that's cool
May 25, 6:34 AM

Mar 2017
The Konbini clerk is single handedly raising sales with her recommendations

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 4

21 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 22, 1:45 PM

» Contains Comedy?

Tushar_Shukla210 - Sep 5

5 by Code31Breaker »»
Sep 9, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 7

83 by nataliakun »»
Sep 1, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 24

36 by TheColonel76 »»
Aug 27, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 11

18 by TheColonel76 »»
Aug 10, 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.